Skip to content

The Complete (?) quest entry buglist and many other things (updated v0.4599)

Comments

• MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    On the topic of missing journal entries, I cannot find anything related to the Garric / Silke quest in my journal, you might want to have a look at that as well.
  • NYCTechyNYCTechy Member Posts: 4
    Related - my Quest and "Done Quests" lists are completely empty, they were OK until partway thru Candlekeep. Journal shows partial entry and then the post-ambush info, cannot scroll to top of most recent entry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    There's not much point playing on with it in this state. If it's repairable please advise.
  • MikePXPMikePXP Member Posts: 54
    I don't think they are going to fix the journal problems to be honest. The original BG had no quest list at all so everything was listed in the journal in order the information was received and nothing ever removed and if I recall correctly, trilogy and TUTU had the same problems and the modders couldn't or didn't want to fix it.

I hope I'm wrong because its a huge annoyance for me too. I would prefer the crappy journal list system of the BG1 engine than a broken BG2 engine quest list.
    edited December 2012
    So I quit after saving, restarted and Load Game brings the Quest state back to correct. I can continue for now but obviously this is a serious bug. The Chapter One Journal is still unusable.
    Shandyr said:

Yeah whenever I try to scroll up in the journal section I am prompted to edit the original entries!

you have to release the mouse button just above or just below the text at the top or bottom. If you release the mouse on the text area it triggers the edit function. They should make it double click instead of single.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • yazgangyazgang Member Posts: 41
    journal needs serius fix.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Shandyr said:

Hey I found a new issue:

With Tenya and the fishermen:
    When I try several options on this quest and then reload to try other options, I still have all my journal entries on the latest reload.

For example:

I kill the fishermen and retrieve Tenya's bowl. Then I return to Tenya and give her the bowl.
    My journal entry said I will be rewarded one day.

Then I reload and tell the fishermen I do not want to be part of this anymore.
    I get a new journal entry that I do not trust either party BUT
    the journal entry from my previous try shows up as well!

Then I reload a second time and go to Tenya and tell her I want nothing to do with her.
    I get a new entry that sais "I refused to aid Tenya..."

Then I reload again and when I now speak to the fishermen and refuse to help them I get all three entries.

1)That I get a reward by Tenya in future time for helping her.
    2)That I refused to help the fishermen.
    3)That I refused to help Tenya.

Even though on that reload the actions for 1) and 3) have not happened yet (and 1 and 3 are mutual exclusive anyway).

So in short: My journal remembers my actions on this quest even if I reload and choose different options.

It has a mind of its own :)
  • vagos13vagos13 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    I am playing the game four days now and I found some wrong issues about the journal and the quests that are in the journal:
    1) Some quests that I finished are not transfered in the done quests.
    2) Some quests that I finished are shown both in two tables (quests-done quests).
    3) There are quests that are mentioned in the first game that I found and finished in this game but never showed up neither in quests nor in done quests.
    4) The Journal is a mess. The updates of the journal aren't shown in the right order (by date).In addition there isn't a scroll bar in the journal and the mouse wheel doesn't work either.
    I'm keep playing and I will come back wnen i found something new.
    I believe you must solve these problems with a patch although I think these are important things that could not have existed in an enhanced game like this.
    Thanks for your time.
  • KurjakKurjak Member Posts: 141
    Hi, I completely agree with @vagos13, especially for point 4. Journal's interface is really unfriendly, the updates are messed and it's impossible to scroll. In order to do that, I have to drag the page with the mouse, but in this way I click on it and I enter the edit mode :S

For what concerns point 1, I'm not able to complete "Troubles in the region" and "Investigating the Nashkel mines" even if I cleared Nashkel mines' and got the reward from the mayor; "Rescuing Dynaheir" and "Prisoner of the gnoll" even if I cleared the gnoll stronghold and freed her. I'm not sure if these are bugs or if it's my fault, because I heard of people that managed to have that complete. Probably, if things are not triggered in the correct order, it's impossibile to have the quest completed in the journal.
  • AzraelAzrael Member Posts: 25
    I Killed her, and the appropriate response from Edwin came that he will stay in my party for a year.
    Still in my journal it still says he have to kill her, under the category quests not the finished quests.
    I reloaded an old save game and slayed her again still no change in the Journal.

Nothing big just cosmetic.
  • tsondaboytsondaboy Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2012
    Kurjak said:

Hi, I completely agree with @vagos13, especially for point 4. Journal's interface is really unfriendly, the updates are messed and it's impossible to scroll. In order to do that, I have to drag the page with the mouse, but in this way I click on it and I enter the edit mode :S

I am having exactly the same problem.
  • KurjakKurjak Member Posts: 141
    Yes, I had the same problem, it's a known issue, e.g. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/168197/
  • RoseveldRoseveld Member Posts: 11
    100% aggree.
    1) AR3700 - MELICAMP THE CHICKEN
    When you talk to the chicken MELICAMP first and later talk to KISSIQ.( Character who refers to the talking chiken up ahead).
    You still get an uncompleted quest based on KISSIQ's information. This should be part of the entire quest and should be resolved as well after completing the quest.

2) 1) AR5400 (Nashkel Mines) - PRISM.
    Quest is not registered under completed quests, even after I completed it the good way handhanded in the quest at Oublek in Nashkel .
  • DMYegDMYeg Member Posts: 1
    My biggest problem is with the journal part.

Since there are no scroll bars and I can't use the mouse wheel, there is no way for me to see recent entries in the journal at all. I have attempted to drag as @Kurjak but I apparently enter the editor mode. Why am I able to edit game specific journal entries anyway? Is that working as intended, or is that a bug as well.

I have no problem with quests thus far, but I noticed that when certain NPCs leave the party, their associated quests remain in the journal. For example, Montaron and Xzar make a quest entry when they join, and it remains when they leave. Perhaps a bug?

Anyway, the journal scroll is the biggest issue for me at the moment. Also, you guys may want to look at the scrolling for the quests as well, which does not appear to be locked. That means you can scroll the blank space in quests for a while and glitch the whole thing into oblivion.
  • PanzerknackerPanzerknacker Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Once I have collected the emeralds from Prism's corpse, I bring them back to Oublek in Nashkel to collect the reward. Once given to Oublek, the quest is not moved to the "Done quests" section even though the on screen message says the journal is updated.

Post edited by AndreaColombo on
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    Same problem here. I think this is a BGEE issue though.
  • SecriaSecria Member Posts: 85
    I thought I was just going crazy.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Moved to the BG:EE section.

The devs are already aware of this kind of journal-related problems.
  • SirCumferenceSirCumference Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2012
    MikePXP said:

I don't think they are going to fix the journal problems to be honest. The original BG had no quest list at all so everything was listed in the journal in order the information was received and nothing ever removed and if I recall correctly, trilogy and TUTU had the same problems and the modders couldn't or didn't want to fix it.

I hope I'm wrong because its a huge annoyance for me too. I would prefer the crappy journal list system of the BG1 engine than a broken BG2 engine quest list.

You have got to be kidding me. It's not just the quests moving to done, if that was it then it wouldn't bother me very much. It's journal entries not getting put into the journal AT ALL. Not just a few either, I have probably 20 journal entries that are not in my journal anywhere. Let's be honest, BG is good because it has a decent story not because it's action packed gameplay. Journal entries are very important for immersion and will hopefully get fixed.
    That is why I stopped playing EE and went back to BG1 engine for now. EE kind of turned me off of the BG2 engine for BG1. Even TUTU and Trilogy are FAR more polished than EE. I don't regret buying it assuming they are going to fix all of this but for now all the little things add up and take away from the experience.

I enjoyed the hell out of EE up until the bugs started showing and the Journal bugs were the last straw for me too. I'll come back in a couple months and try to play again when/if they fix these things. (deadlines and milestones will probably prevent most fixes).
    edited December 2012
    Lack of a working journal/quest log is a breaking bug for an RPG, and especially annoying since (as I understand it) this is one of the areas that was supposedly targeted to improve (enhance) the original game. I agree, I'm going back to the original game to try it with the mods. DON't want to play on while it appears the quests or journal entries could disappear or be unreadable at any time.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Same problem here. I could find some Journal updates though at the top of the Journal, but it is a quest alone to get to the top of the Journal with the missing scrolling feature.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Hi!
    The Branwen quest (all you have to do is buy and use the stone to flesh scroll) remains in the active quest log.
    The talking chicken remains active even if you've finished the quest (I found the chicken before the quest giver).

/J
  • AdventSignAdventSign Member Posts: 96
    It seems if you get Malicamp before you talk to the person who claims to be hearing a chicken talking, this quest will remain incomplete.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TokieTokie Member Posts: 18
    This is the reason I stopped playing BG:EE. The journal is a critical part of the game to keep track of your progress, having finished quest and invisible entries breaks the game for me.
  • PanzerknackerPanzerknacker Member Posts: 1
    Great then, thanks!