Skip to content

Any spell/item that disarms traps??

2»

Comments

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    AHF said:

It is possible to do Durlag's without a thief at all (I survived this with a solo F/M/C) but it is hard and requires either reloads or repeated buffing, resting, and lots of patience. If you render yourself immune to fire and lightning that gets you a big % of the way there. Mirror image is great for the physical damage traps too.

Until the trap hits *you* instead of one of the images...
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    edited January 2013
    /me is still wondering why nobody simply said: Khalid.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

AHF said:

It is possible to do Durlag's without a thief at all (I survived this with a solo F/M/C) but it is hard and requires either reloads or repeated buffing, resting, and lots of patience. If you render yourself immune to fire and lightning that gets you a big % of the way there. Mirror image is great for the physical damage traps too.

Until the trap hits *you* instead of one of the images...
    You can still get hit but there aren't instant death physical damage traps if you keep your HPs maxed. Using the cleric spell find traps, you can also avoid many of the traps by simply walking around them. In my case, I turned Charname invisible and boosted her Con above 20 with DUHM and then healed up and rebuffed if I couldn't simply heal Charname up through cure spells or the many available potions.
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    Lvl.2 cleric spell Find Traps is neat. Under sanctuary, it will automatically show every round all traps within 30ft being therefore more reliable than the thief skill "detect trap". In my current playthrough, Tiax usually uses it under Sanctuary, and only has to disarm whatever he finds while remaining invivible. That is my scouting plan for Durlag's Tower later on.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    A mod that let anything trigger a trap would be nice (monsters, animals of the environment, summoned units...) or at least characters controled by the player (summons, charmed enemies, familiars).
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    edited May 2013
    Sacrifice a summoned critter?

Edit: Oh, I guess that doesn't work.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited May 2013
    I never understood why summonned creatures do not trigger traps in BG. It was a common tactic in P&P.
  • TaylorTwerkTaylorTwerk Member Posts: 79
    I didn't read through the other posts but you could always conjure monsters and have them take the brunt of it, if its aarea trap and not a door/chest trap.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    For Bg2, summon monsters do not trigger traps. Like many other have mentioned, stoneskin and mirror image are useful to avoid physical traps.

For magical traps, mirror image is your best bet. Other methods are spell immunity: specific class (but that requires a memory of the said trap and some traps dont have a specific class). Spell deflection, spell turning and spell trap are perfect for traps that target the caster. If it's an area magic trap, your best defense is globe of invulnerability, but a pity that it only guards against spells up to level 4.

Another trick/exploit is when the person is under haste. Frequently (about 80% of the time), I have "avoided" traps by charging blindly forward.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    valky said:

Else BG2 without trap-disabling is nifty, there are a few deadly ones, which should ignore mirror image/saving throws (or very very hard) and alike. In IWD/IWD2 a rogue was also pretty much recommend, even if only for some levels and then dual him/her. And at least in NWN2 the mages' familiar could do the job...

Dragon's Eye in Icewind Dale cost me a bard!