Skip to content

Unofficial Game Manual for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

2»

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @NocturneN No problem I still think there is some problem in the RNG. I still am not convinced it is not biased to long strings of bad/good results, but discussing that is pointless without access to the source code.
  • NocturneNNocturneN Member Posts: 123
    I should probably mention that my 19 INT char in BG2 (95%) often failed to learn spells several times in a row, often 2-3, then 1-2 learned, etc...so I'm very sceptic towards those numbers... :)

Thank you for your understanding @mlnevese. This system's confused the heck outta me in the past, and it seems many others aswell. :)
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited February 2013
    Updated v.1.1.1
    Post edited by bigdogchris on
    edited February 2013
    Updated v.1.1.2
    Post edited by bigdogchris on
    Updated v.1.1.3 and learned a lesson in due diligence.
    Oxford_Guy
  • MunchkinXQMunchkinXQ Member Posts: 25
    Very useful since they typically won't update the official manuals.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Page 34 of manual top of page (under the kits section) is incorrect. There are now kits for the monk and one for the sorcerer. Otherwise it still looks great.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Nice work, but I believe the bit on page 70 about Poison Weapon is wrong - the ability doesn't increase in damage with levels, only uses.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Also on the same page, the racial enemy for rangers gives +4 to damage, not a penalty to reaction.
  • AeroAero Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    I'd like to get this manual, but the link is broken. Does anybody still have a copy?
    rede9
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Alonso said:

I'd like to get this manual, but the link is broken. Does anybody still have a copy?

You are right. The link is broken.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Apologies for the necro post, but is it possible for this document to be updated to reflect the changes made to the current version of the game? That way, there will be parity between both BG:EE and the manual. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited August 2019
    I don't think the official manuals are out of date. It just seemed to me that, based on the feedback from most of the forum members, the majority of players preferred the unofficial one. I could be wrong. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    Gusinda wrote: »
    Was excited about this (yeah, I know, sad isn't it) so had a little search on the interwebs and found a link for the manual. As typo_tilly said, it is a little outdated but still a pretty good read. Couldn't put it down until the last page...

http://scribd-download.com/bgee-unofficial-manual-v-1-1-4_588b6b0f6454a7177a35c1c2_pdf.html
    Gus
    Looks like this link is broken now. Does anybody keep a copy of the manual?
    Thank you!
  • AzureHawkAzureHawk Member Posts: 4
    The link to the document is now dead.