Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Series, and Icewind Dale Series Minimal Reload Challenge (Spoiler Warning!)

Comments

• WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    @SapphireIce101 Yeah I am a big fan of the R/C but I originally finished both BG1 & 2 with one so I'm leaning towards something else. (not that there's a very good chance I will actually finish one of these runs before running off to create another new party/character concept LOL) - currently still waiting for SCS to finish installing on BG2EE.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    @Wanderon - I know the feeling...I'm getting a bout of restartitis right now.. :(

That being said, I'm going to either restart Malakai's run, or make a whole new character in IWD.

CURSE YOU RESTARTITIS!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! KHORNE FLAKES FOR KHORNE!
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855

@Wanderon - I know the feeling...I'm getting a bout of restartitis right now.. :(

That being said, I'm going to either restart Malakai's run, or make a whole new character in IWD.

CURSE YOU RESTARTITIS!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! KHORNE FLAKES FOR KHORNE!

That's three of us w/RESTARTITIS. I'm playing my Anti-Paladin but constantly looking ahead to a Cavalier. It actually bothers me to play evil to begin with but I wanted to play an Anti-Paladin once as I did years ago (1980ish) in AD&D P&P.

Still, as a deeply religious church-going man, playing a bad guy, even in a game feels wrong. Oh well. I'll keep him going & get to my Paladin/Cavalier afterword.

Btw, your playing IWD is making me want to play that again too. It's been years but I bet w/available mods it's a whole new game! CT
    @CharlestonianTemplar‌ - Playing the Bad Guy is a fresh perspective on how to play a game.

Also, there aren't that many mods for IWD, and I can recommend a couple. Like 1pp, The Fixpack, Unfinished Business, IWD NPC project, and the tweak pack. Here is the install order for the IWD mods.
    http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=24870
    Started a New Character. Heh.

Name: Phoenix The Jedi Sykora
    Mods:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // DDrawFix -> Use WineD3D's DDraw Library: v1.0
    ~1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1ppv: Fix character attack animation sounds in TotLM
    ~1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2~ #0 #1 // 1ppv: Fix combat animation bug (enable combat stance animations)
    ~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assorted Fixes: v6
    ~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Game Text Update: v6
    ~1PP_HQ_MUSIC_IWD/1PP_HQ_MUSIC_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1pp: High quality music for IWD HoW/TotLM
    ~IU_IWD/SETUP-IU_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Upgrade for Icewind Dale: v5
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Voice of Durdel Anatha: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #100 // Malavon's Golems: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #200 // Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #300 // Marketh's Ring: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #400 // Presio's Duel: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #500 // Orrick's Rhino Beetle Shield: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #600 // The High Baptist's Flock: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Minor Item Restorations: v7
    ~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Icewind Dale NPCs: v4
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #101 // 1ppv4: Core paperdolls
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #103 // 1ppv4: Extended palette entries -> Full install (recommended)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #105 // 1ppv4: Avatar fixes
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #109 // 1ppv4: Female Dwarves -> Separate Avatars for Female Dwarves - Icewind Dale I HoW
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #110 // 1ppv4: Thieves Galore -> IWD HoW/TotL - Unique Thief Avatars
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #113 // 1ppv4: Smart Avatar & Armour Switching
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #114 // 1ppv4: Softer Spell Effects
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #200 // 1ppv4: Core content patches
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #203 // 1ppv4: Restored flame sword animations
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #204 // 1ppv4: Colourable Quarterstaves
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #205 // 1ppv4: Legacy Shields
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #206 // 1ppv4: Additional Shield Animations (core)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #207 // 1ppv4: Wizards' Staves (core)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #209 // 1ppv4: Attachable wings (core)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #210 // 1ppv4: Increased paperdoll object variety (core)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #400 // 1ppv4: Core updates and item patches
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #401 // 1ppv4: Improved projectile effects
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #301 // 1ppv4: Miscellaneous content fixes
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Restore IWD Loading Screens: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Icon Improvements: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Add Bags of Holding: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Universal Clubs: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Remove Experience Cap: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2061 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer): v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // BG2 Grand Mastery: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Alter Priest Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Druids Use 3e Alignment Restrictions (NG, LN, TN, CN, NE): v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dualclass Clerics and Druids: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth): v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3142 // Friendly Random Drops -> Exchange With Merchants: v15

Currently in the Journal of Phoenix Sykora.

I had left my home in Evereska, and my twin brother, Pathra, to go on a journey to get more field experience with my enchanting magics. I had left my twin, with a nice barmaid, and an associate of mine, named Milana. I traveled to Icewind Dale, or to be more specific, one of the ten-towns, which the humans call, “Easthaven”. I had sat around for a few days at the Inn, and the pub.

One day, I was sitting at the same table as a few humans, a fellow elf, and a half-elf. One of the humans was female, and the half-elf was also a female. I’m pretty sure I had a smirk on my face at the thought of traveling with two lovely ladies. That being said, I thought I recognized the elven man.

A man named Hrothgar came up to us, and told us not to cause trouble, and that he wanted to see us later.
    Then, the introductions started. The human female started first. She stated that her name was Nella, and that she was born in Bryn Shander, and that she had felt the call of the tree, and moved to live in Kuldahar. I was smiling the whole time she gave her introduction, and perhaps to get to know her better.

Next, was the elven man spoke, saying that his name was Korin, and that it would tell us nothing. He also said that he was a ranger in these parts. He wanted to repay the people of Easthaven for letting him live there. I felt like I should know who this Korin was, but I just couldn’t quite place him at this time.

After Korin had introduced himself, the half-elven woman introduced herself as Teri. She is a rogue and swashbuckler from Amn. She stole from a merchant prince, and instead of getting severely punished, she was sent to Icewind Dale. I do believe that I will need to get to know more about Teri, as well.

Next one of the human male introduced themselves as a traveling minstrel, and that was all there was too it.

The other human male introduced himself as Holvir, a Paladin of Tyr. Apparently, Hrothgar summoned him to help out.

Lastly, I made my introduction. I told them that I was Phoenix Sykora of Evereska. When I said I was from Evereska, Korin looked away as if he was ashamed of something. I told them that I was born of an elven whore, and that I had a twin brother. I also told them that I was specializing in Enchanting magics in the Academy, and I was going to learn all I could.

On the way to speak to Hrothgar, Teri, The Traveling Minstrel, named Severn, and I had a snowball fight. Ah, snow.

I spoke to Hrothgar, and signed the group up for a pilgrimage to Kuldahar, and set out to do the task that he had assigned to us, as well as other tasks around the village.

Upon meeting Erevain, Korin had left when Erevain said he was from Evereska. It finally dawned upon me that Korin is from Evereska!

Once we were done with the tasks, we rested at the Inn for a few days.

Current Party:
    Phoenix – Enchanter - 1
    Holvir – Paladin - 1
    Nella – Fighter < Cleric – 2 < 1
    Teri – Fighter/Thief – 1/1
    Korin – Ranger - 1
    Severn – Bard - 2

Reloads: 0

Current Deaths:
    Phoenix – 0
    Holvir – 0
    Nella – 0
    Teri – 1
    Korin – 0
    Severn - 1

Notes: I smell the Death Counter going up a lot. Not quite sure why, seeing as we now have a healer in Nella.
    After all these years and all these games I fully embrace my restartitus - I enjoy creating new characters and party concepts as much as playing through the entire game - plus it means that even tho I know the early game forwards and backwards - the late game is still mostly a mystery that will be even more fun should I ever get a party far enough to play it again LOL.

Some weirdness with Stubby & Co the other day - fired up my last save and Valygar was naked except for a cloak - no armor no weapons - no potions etc. - I vaguely recall him dying someplace in the sewers and I suppose we could have forgotten to grab his gear but we returned there and the odds and ends of crap we left behind when looting were all still on the ground but we did not find his stuff anywhere.

The only thing I can think of is he died during the Beholder fight (I think) and if he was near the passage to the lower areas when it "closed off" it might have eaten his gear. I don't use the console so adding it back in isn't an option leaving me to either replace it with some new gear and move on or go back to another save which would mean doing the sewer/Eye over again.

Of course the fact that he had the cloak on and IIRC it came from the adventurers in the sewer which we did before the short version of the Eye (where he most likely died) means he could have lost it with a bug of some sort.

For now I'll leave them be and fiddle with something else... ;-)
    @Wanderon‌ - All I have to say is...VALYGAR FANGIRLS UNITE! Not that I'm a Valygar Fangirl.
    Ok I have a new goody two shoes group I put together over the past couple days in BG2EE after installing SCS.

Led by:

Olin - Human M Undead Hunter (8)
    18/71-18-18-10-13-17
    Long Sword** - Axe** - TWS**

Traveling with him are:

Flintock - Half-orc M Cleric 7/Thief 8
    19/18/19/11/18/6
    Club*- Staff* - Sling*

Sensiima Sweetbow F Human Skald (9)
    16/18/16/18/10/16 (Lore 100)
    Bastard Sword*- Katana*- Longbow*- SWS

Current party members:

Jahiera (F7/D8)

Aerie (C7/M7)

Isra - (Mod) F Cavalier 9
    17/12/17/13/14/17
    Twohand Sword** - Longsword* - TWS** - THWS**

Started with Olin and Flintok then added the Skald mostly to sing and ID stuff - didn't plan to add Aerie I was going to go with Keldorn originally and still might use him for a time. Olin is smitten by Isra - so far we have done first Isra quest, freed Viccy and sent her to graveyard turned down Tolgerius and cleared Circus. At day 2 hour 15 we are about to enter Copper Coronet.

edited March 2014
    Mordred, a servant & Black Guard of Asmodeus, am drawn from below to lead my company to a stronghold south of Bear River, long since abandoned by its original owner, now inhabited by Gnolls & the Xvarts who serve them. On the trip south west from Beregost I avoided a confrontation w/bears @ the risk of weakening my company. Once there I led us down a trail in the cliff below the stronghold itself. This was evidently where the Xvarts who serve the Gnolls. I moved quickly but my company was tired so after we cleared a cave of about six, seven of them, I chose to rest a few hours. Took off from there & found a couple more caves, each w/five or six more Xvarts which I disposed myself of quickly. I also killed eight Gnoll Elites that were on the trails there. Then it was time to keep moving & assault this fortress.

The ‘gate’ if you’d call it that was guarded by four Gnoll Slashers, which I made quick work of. I had my Berserker Lieutenant quaff a Potion of Healing b/c he was ‘slashed up’ & I need him kickin’ ass out front. Next I encountered four more Gnoll Elites a little further up the stairs and then on up four more Gnoll Slashers (it seems this place is patrolled by Gnolls in groups of four). I continued forward tearing up more Xvarts & four more Gnolls before heading up a long staircase & had to dispatch more Xvarts. I was racking up lots & lots of gems & letting my Conjurer carry the load now that he seems to know how the hierarchy works in this group.

Key Event: I directed my Berserker Lieutenant up a second long stairway, armed w/his Throwing Axe. Good thinking on my part as there were three Gnolls up there. He fired off a couple of axes before coming down to joining me @ the foot of the stairs to wait on them to come to us. They did. They died. Same tactic sent him up again to encounter three more Gnolls who lumbered down the stairs after us & died there (note: usually my better calls for help mod from SCS brings the whole horde). Once my Berserker Lieutenant moved just a bit further, near a sunken pit, we found the Gnoll Chieftain & his bodyguard of some 20 Gnolls, Gnoll Elites, Gnoll Slashers led by Gnoll Veterans. My Berserker Lieutenant went forward Enraged into a pack of a half dozen of them while I stayed back…the Gnoll Chieftain was mine! I led my company to victory & cleared the Gnoll Stronghold of Gnolls, having to go up one more flight of stairs where another half dozen were waiting to die. They did.

SMASHIN' THE GNOLL CHIEFTAIN!

I found the witch Dynahier in one of the pits in the ground where she’d been captive of the Gnolls. She’s a captive no more, nor did she get away. My Conjurer was not nearly as appreciative as I thought he should be. I left that place & took the road around the other side & behind the stronghold & killed eight more Gnolls.

ASSASSINATING THE WITCH FOR THE CONJURER!

Treasure of Note: Shield Amulet (Me);

Current Disposition: Camping @ the Nashkel Carnival

Next Steps: I, Black Guard of Asmodeus, am led now to the Nashkel Mines

Level Up: My Bard, Herald, Sage became more talented during this foray becoming a Troubadour (Bard/6) & memorized Knock as I have no true rogue w/those skills; Next my Conjurer moved up in the Red Wizards to a Thaumaturgist (Magic-user/5) & selected 3xFlame Arrows as his 3rd Level Spell (the only one he knows & it is a Conjuration/Summoning Spell). Finally, my Illusionist also impressed his school & is now a Cabalist (Illusionist/5) but has no 3rd Level Spells in his spellbook yet. He also tells me there is only one 3rd Level Illusionist Spell Invisibility 10’ Radius. I’ll have to find that & get it into his spellbook & repertoire.

Current Party: (Reputation: 5 – Disliked) (1000GP donation to that fraud Ormlyr @ The Temple of the Morning)
    Black Guard of Asmodeus: Fighter (Blk Gd)/5; Plate Mail w/Lg Shld, +1 B/Swd**, Flail* (SSS**)
    Kagain: Fighter (Bkr)/5; Splint Mail w/B/Axe*** & T/Axe**
    Eldoth: Bard/6; Chain Mail, Sh/Bow* & Brazers of Archery, Dgr* (Arm,Slp,MM,Mir Img)
    Edwin: Mage(Cjr/5); Knaves Rove & Q/Staff* (Arm, Grease x2, Ch Per,Lar MD,MelfAA x2,PW Slp,Web)
    Quayle: Mage(Ill/5); Mage Rove of FR, Slg* & Dgr (Ref Img, Blind x2,MM,Blur,Inv,Mir Img)

Mods Used: HardTimes-v2; BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20; X0black101 (Blackguard); MegaModKits v1.01L; level1npcs-v1.9; bg2_tweaks-v14; Randomizer-v68; scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)

** Self-imposed restriction: I require my mages to ALWAYS select spells from their school to learn & memorize in spell slots. They can use others, only one of each from other schools, but after writing all the spells they can for their intelligence, if they find one from their own school, they have to choose one to remove in deference to the spell from their school. Same w/memorization, they must learn spells from their school first before others which I only allow them to learn one of. Any extra memorized spell slots have to go to spells from their school. Bards & plain vanilla Mages aren’t restricted in this way.
    The next installment of Murder Hobos: The Journey Phoenix's Journal is here.

Well, despite the horrible tragedy that had occurred, I had not lost my journal in the avalanche. That being said, most of the expedition was lost when the avalanche occurred, and I was told by all members of the group that I was now the leader. I believe that this was the best choice, for I probably have the most charisma in our rather charming group.

We came across an ogre. It appeared to be…controlled; I guess would be the term that I’m looking for. The best thing that I thought we could do for the poor thing was to kill it. However, Holvir almost got murdered by it. Then, I realized that Holvir was limping, however, before I could speak, Severn made a comment. The two continued to carry on their conversation, even saying that Severn had lost his flute. It appears that the avalanche crippled us all in a way.

We encountered a goblin that was having the same problems as the ogre. Whatever was doing this was way beyond us, and our meager power right now.

We encountered some orcs within a mill, as well as some goblins and annihilated them just on principle alone. We also rescued a child whose parents had been murdered.

Once we reached Kuldahar, and saw the Wizard’s Tower, Korin confessed to being from Evereska, and being a Wizard. Then, it dawned upon me that was where I had seen Korin. He was supposed to be one of the best wizards within the Academy of Magic within Evereska! However, it seemed that the Seldarine, which once approved of Korin’s gift, decided to take it away. I pray that one day Corellon will give Korin his magical ability back.

Kuldahar is a very beautiful place. I heard that Teri and Nella were having a conversation about it, but I refused to eavesdrop on such lovely ladies.

We met Arundel. I look at Nella, and it was quite obvious that she loved him. If it was as a lover or a father, I wouldn’t know. I would hope that it was the latter. Arundel said that we were to go to the Vale of Shadows.

We returned to Kuldahar after clearing out some tombs in the Vale of Shadows. So far, in what tombs we had explored, there was no sign of the evil that was disturbing Kuldahar, but we still had a couple more tombs to explore.

Current Party:
    Phoenix – Enchanter - 3
    Holvir – Paladin - 3
    Nella – Fighter < Cleric – 2 < 2
    Teri – Fighter/Thief – 2/2
    Korin – Ranger - 3
    Severn – Bard - 3

Current Deaths:
    Phoenix – 0
    Holvir – 1
    Nella – 0
    Teri – 1
    Korin – 0
    Severn - 2

Note: For some reason I'm more inclined to call any group of adventurers a bunch of "Murder Hobos".
    edited March 2014
    Mordred, a servant & Black Guard of Asmodeus, follow the leading I sense driving my footsteps from the Ninth Hell, Nessus. I see the wisdom of my lord Asmodeus as the company he has given to serve me is beginning to bond as a cohesive unit. There is no talk of who is superior. It is I & they all know it now. I have done for my Berserker the one request he made of me – I found his caravan & w/it the Broach of Eddard Silvershield I think there may be gold involved later. I’ve given my aid to my Conjurer & killed his, Dynahier, so he too is in my debt. I’ve now overheard the two of them talking in the Lawful Evil alignment language (note: in P&P AD&D, every alignment had a language of it's own so persons & creatures w/even 'Low Intelligence' could communicate in that language & know they were conversing w/someone who had the same basic worldview & moral compass). I know, therefore, that they understand the importance following orders & maintaining a strict chain of command. They owe me now & they will not move against me out of the sense of honor that differentiates us from those of other alignments.

DIABOLICAL TEAM BUILDING!

My Bard, Herald, Sage needs me & is smart enough to realize that w/o me his schemes are a bridge too far. His vanity is served by being in my company b/c he realizes being seen in my company brings him respect, if not fear. He relishes being my Herald & speaking on behalf of his lord. My Illusionist is a perfect complement to my Conjurer & has no moral compass either way so he will serve me as long as I need him. I petition Asmodeus to send me a competent Rogue w/skills in Finding/Removing Traps, Hiding in Shadow & Moving Silently & Picking Locks. I foresee need for this skill. Were it so that he would send me one of his Clerics to serve & advise me in his service. For this too, I offer petition.

Key Event: I felt my lord leading me to the Nashkel Mines & so I moved there from the Nashkel Carnival where I am staying since my welcome is not what it was in Nashkel proper. I had my company reconnoiter the entire area & we found nothing whatsoever, except for a sculptor working on something in a hillside. I don’t know what the deal was but he was shaking in his shoes about some Greywolf character that seemed to be a bounty hunter, the sculptor himself the bounty. He was mumbling something to himself about stealing some gems before he knew we were there. My Bard, Herald, Sage tried to pickpocket the guy & that just ticked him off. As soon as his anger flared, my Berserker cut him in two & that was that. I headed for the mines to begin descending but as soon as I got reluctant permission from the Mine Foreman to go in I suddenly sensed strongly that Asmodeus wanted me to go elsewhere – The Gibberling Mountains. While it makes no sense to me, just as my company follows my orders, so I follow orders as I discern them coming from my lord. And so I headed us back to Nashkel carnival to sell the gems we removed from the sculptor’s carcass, buy some potions, & head to the Gibberlings!

Treasure of Note: 2 Emeralds (sold)

Current Disposition: Resting, resupplying @ Nashkel Carnival near the Potion Merchant & the Enchanted Weapons Merchant

Next Steps: I, Black Guard of Asmodeus, will head as directed from Baator to the Gibberling Mountains

Level Up: None

Current Party: (Reputation: 5 – Disliked)
    Black Guard of Asmodeus: Fighter (Blk Gd)/5; Plate Mail w/Lg Shld, +1 B/Swd**, Flail* (SSS**)
    Eldoth: Bard/6; Chain Mail, Sh/Bow* & Brazers of Archery, Dgr* (Arm,Slp,MM,Mir Img)
    Edwin: Mage(Cjr/5); Knaves Rove & Q/Staff* (Arm, Grease x2, Ch Per,Lar MD,MelfAA x2,PW Slp,Web)
    Quayle: Mage(Ill/5); Mage Rove of FR, Slg* & Dgr (Ref Img, Blind x2,MM,Blur,Inv,Mir Img)

Mods Used: HardTimes-v2; BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20; X0black101 (Blackguard); MegaModKits v1.01L; level1npcs-v1.9; bg2_tweaks-v14; Randomizer-v68; scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)

** Self-imposed restriction: I require my mages to ALWAYS select spells from their school to learn & memorize in spell slots. They can use others, only one of each from other schools, but after writing all the spells they can for their intelligence, if they find one from their own school, they have to choose one to remove in deference to the spell from their school. Same w/memorization, they must learn spells from their school first before others which I only allow them to learn one of. Any extra memorized spell slots have to go to spells from their school. Bards & plain vanilla Mages aren’t restricted in this way.
    Post edited by CharlestonianTemplar on
    Brief Update on Olin and his Righteous Mob:

So far so good - finished Hendak & slavers without a reload altho it was not easy - in the first room someone cast a sleep spell (or greater command maybe) and took out 4 of the six almost immediately - leaving just Sensiima (Skald) & Aerie awake - got a charge from a summons wand off to keep the mob busy and managed to dire charm the main guy with the throwing axes and had him taking out some of his partners but soon Aerie went down leaving only the bard but then the sleepers awoke but Isra went down before it was over - wasn't sure about going on and finishing without them having those two having never done this with SCS before but saved and pressed on - it was touch and go with the mage group - Sensiima started things off by using the single charge of the cloudkill wand which helped a lot but the mages still managed to take out most of the group with CC spells but we eventually got it done.

Got surprised a bit by the two thugs on the way to the CC on our way back (forgot we had not crossed them yet) but our wounded 4 managed to take them out. Then we raised our dead and went back to the CC for our just rewards.

Went and paid our magic tax then tried to go to Nalia's aid and got the poisoned man going - finished that and Xzar and will probably start our next session by getting Jaheira cursed.

I'm liking the SCS so far - it ups the challenge level enough to play on Normal and not have to worry about max hps & auto spell scrolling!

@CharlestonianTemplar‌ - I'm going to assume that sorcerers aren't affected by your self-imposed restriction either. :P

Next up date on Murder Hobos: The Journey Phoenix's Journal.

We explored the rest of the tombs, but with one tomb, it just seemed like the further we went in; the more protection was put into place. I think this was meant to keep something in, as well as to keep things out. I will know more when we find the thing that the tomb is to keep within it.

We have found an evil within the tomb, but not THE evil that is plaguing Kuldahar. This spirit wants us to end an Aurilite’s life, which I have no qualms of doing, as long as the spirit keeps to his end of the bargain and tells us what evil is plaguing Kuldahar.

We defeated the Aurilite, Lysan. Spells flew about. Nella had blessed, and chanted, and everyone had felt stronger. I put the fear into the yeti, and Lysan. I cast a Melf’s Acid Arrow and a Larloch’s Minor drain on Lysan. Severn cast a barrage of magic missiles on Lysan, and now that task was done.

The spirit gave us an answer. It wasn’t one that I liked. At least we got some of his things from his sarcophagus. Now we will return to Kuldahar, and tell Arundel about this.

We told Arundel of what had happened in the Vale of Shadows, and now he is sending us somewhere else to retrieve the Heartstone Gem.

Current Party:
    Phoenix – Enchanter - 5
    Holvir – Paladin - 5
    Nella – Fighter < Cleric – 2 < 5
    Teri – Fighter/Thief – 4/4
    Korin – Ranger - 5
    Severn – Bard - 5

Current Deaths:
    Phoenix – 0
    Holvir – 2
    Nella – 0
    Teri – 2
    Korin – 0
    Severn - 2

Notes: I'm on Spring Break, so there may be more than one update per day now. Depends on if the whim takes me or not.

@CharlestonianTemplar‌ - I'm going to assume that sorcerers aren't affected by your self-imposed restriction either. :P

And you would be assuming correctly! Gold star for Sapphire...
    @CharlestonianTemplar‌ - Bah, I don't need a gold star for pointing out the obvious. XD

I forgot you weren't playing EE, and therefore, won't get Baeloth. However, if Mordred ever gets into BG2, and you have Adrian installed, then it would be a whole other story. :)
    edited March 2014
    Update on Murder Hobos: The Journey Phoenix's Journal

We went to the temple, and found that the Heartstone Gem was not there. However, I did find a bottle of poison. I can only suspect that we are dealing with Talonites. We must bring this to Arundel’s attention.

I told Arundel of what occurred at the temple, and Arundel sent us off to a place known as Dragon’s Eye.

We found Erevain. Sadly, he was dead, and his killers will pay for it! I swear to Corellon that his death will be avenged.

We defeated the Lizard King, and saved the people on the first level of Dragon’s Eye, what awaited us even further down, I do not even know.

We went further down, and took care of some trolls, Lizards, Spiders, Beetles, and Talonites. We also freed what was left of the people from Kuldahar. Hopefully there aren’t any more people from Kuldahar down here.

Current Party:
    Phoenix – Enchanter - 7
    Holvir – Paladin - 7
    Nella – Fighter < Cleric – 2 < 7
    Teri – Fighter/Thief – 6/7
    Korin – Ranger - 7
    Severn – Bard - 8

Current Deaths:
    Phoenix – 0
    Holvir – 2
    Nella – 0
    Teri – 3
    Korin – 0
    Severn - 2

Note: Ick, Dragon's Eye. Well, I will myself to complete it!

@CharlestonianTemplar‌ - Bah, I don't need a gold star for pointing out the obvious. XD

I forgot you weren't playing EE, and therefore, won't get Baeloth. However, if Mordred ever gets into BG2, and you have Adrian installed, then it would be a whole other story. :)

Yup, gave up on BGEE. I still have it, of course, & BG2EE but just prefer the Tutu game b/c of mods like my favorite, Hard Times, Level1 NPCs & BG2 Tweaks. I also found something, I'm sure you're familiar w/ called Mega Mod Kits which includes among other things Ninja, Samurai kits etc.

You can bet your life I'm trying to get to BG2 but if Mordred dies, it's unlikely his counterparts, being evil, would raise him rather than simply trying to take his place @ the top of the hierarchy so a Minimal Relaod Run would be somewhat unlikely/

I'll have to look into the 'Adrian' installation for BG2. Not familar w/it since I rarely get far enough to play over there. I know there are some cool NPC kits for BGII/ToB.

CT
    edited March 2014
    @CharlestonianTemplar‌ - Oh, I don't blame you for quitting on BGEE right now. There are still some bugs that need to be addressed.

Personally, I feel like Hard Times is a wee bit of overkill, especially on evil parties with low reputation. I mean like, some of the magical goods could potentially cost about...100k in some instances of low reputation. I think someone is updating Level1 NPCs for BGEE and BG2EE, and BG2 Tweaks works with BGEE and BG2EE. I don't usually use kit mods.

Hmm, well, it depends I guess. If Mordred is like really powerful, then his group will probably revive him, and then you consider the fact that he's a meatshield, then reviving him wouldn't be completely out of the question.

Adrian is a Half-Elven sorcerer, only romancible by female Humans, and Half-elves with INT 12+, and CHA 12+. If you don't want him a sorcerer, you can make him a cleric/mage or a mage/thief.
    edited March 2014
    Mordred, a servant & Black Guard of Asmodeus. I’ve restructured my retinue as I sense my lord is leading me to do. My Berserker Lieutenant is now my Berserker Sergeant. In no way is this a demotion but simply a change of title. He remains my most trusted follower & protector. I’ve promoted my Conjurer to third in my chain as I have come to realize his worldview is the same as mine & that of my Berserker Sergeant. I value his service & his connection to the Red Wizards as far as that can benefit my efforts on behalf of Asmodeus, my liege lord. I know he is also the one I must watch most closely therefore, bringing him closer to my inner circle is in keeping w/the adage, ‘Keep your friends close & your enemies even closer.’ My Bard/Herald/Sage is just that. He is my messenger & speaks for me. When we are not travelling he is charged w/designing my Coat of Arms which will include images of my place of origin, Candlekeep, & will be dominated by my lord Asmodeus’ symbol. For now, he is working on ideas & bringing them to me for guidance. He has no role in my chain of command beyond being my messenger & an outstanding Sage (Lore 65). My Illusionist compliments the abilities of my Conjurer & will remain w/me for that purpose. I still petition my lord for a Rogue w/a full complement of thieving skills & for a Cleric. Should he bless me w/both I will likely release the Illusionist from my service.

I led my subordinates to Dryad Falls where I‘d sensed my liege telling me to go. My followers assisted me in blowing through two Dread Wolves, a Dire Wolf & a dozen or so Gnolls. The Dire Wolf lived in a cave & guarded a healthy treasure of >200gp & a Tiger Cowrie Necklace.

Key Event: I tried to rest my company in the NW corner of Dryad falls but we were attacked by a half-dozen Flinds in the night. My Conjurer was killed & the battle was tough. I returned to Beregost, not daring to enter Nashkel now, & had him raised before heading back. The highlight of this battle was the one-two punch of my Conjurer & my Illusionist, attacking my enemies w/combo Blindness (Illusionist) & Melf’s Acid Arrow &/or Flame Arrow (Conjurer). Using their favorite spells from their respective schools they soften my opponents up for me & my Berserker Sergeant to finish off. My Illusionist has four Blindness spells & my Conjurer three each of Melf’s Acid Arrow & Flame Arrow. My Bard/Herald/Sage tosses in a Magic Missile & then pulls out his Short Bow w/Poison Arrows or his Lute to play MY battlesong as he deems best able to serve his lord…me.

On return I waded thru a dozen or so Xvarts, two Cave Bears & a couple of oafs that wanted me to cut down a tree that was supposed to be filled w/gold. I’d just been approached by a Dryad who was seeking protection from them. She had nothing to offer for my efforts & for a moment I thought about letting the two oafs cut the tree down. I got tired of waiting though & decided to cut them down, which I did.

I got a little ticked @ my Bard/Herald/Sage after he advised I help some little brat find her cat. He said it would be good for my image. I told him to do what he thought best & he found the cat drowned in a pool beneath a waterfall. For all his efforts she had 23gp & I’m sure my image isn’t any better. Generally, his advice is good so I’ll let this one slide. Another waste of my time like that & some corrective measures might well be in order.

Afterward, I completed reconnoitering the Dryad Falls coming to battle w/a group of four Gnolls that tried to extort 50gp from me for passing. This skirmish was another opportunity to use my methodical attack, i.e. I cast Doom on the target creature, my Berserker Sergeant used his Enrage, my Conjurer cast Melf’s Acid Arrow, my Illusionist Blindness & my Bard/Herald/Sage used a Poison Arrow before switching to normal arrows. I led my group to do the same through all four of them. Overkill for Gnolls, yes, but necessary to engrain this method into my subordinates so that it becomes Standing Operating Procedure for all significant foes. A few steps later, we found four more Gnolls but my Conjurer cast Grease & while they struggled my Bard/Herald/Sage fired his Short Bow w/normal arrows & my Illusionist used his sling. Two of them died before ever moving but a step or two while the other two got close to the edge where my Berserker Sergeant & I met them & finished them off. We tried travelling back to Nashkel & killed two Winter Wolves and two Dread Wolves on the way back, But when I sent my Bard/Herald/Sage ahead of me to see if I was welcome, the Amnish Soldiers fired on him so I continued to the Nashkel Carnival.

Treasure of Note: None

Current Disposition: Resting @ the Nashkel Carnival

Next Steps: I am led to Fisherman’s Lake

Current Party: (Reputation: 6 – Disliked)

Another self-imposed restriction. I let my PC & NPCs 'relax a bit' when they rest. Out of doors, they take off their helms, bracers, usually ground their main weapon, etc. So, when we get caught napping out of doors, our fights can be challenging. In the inn, I actually take their armor off, everything so they can really sleep. See how much a geek I am?
    edited March 2014
    Mordred, a servant & Black Guard of Asmodeus. Following my foray into the Dryad Forest, I sensed my lord leading me to this place known on maps as Fisherman’s Lake. My subordinates are getting better & combining their skills to effectively destroy my enemies. While my path might seem somewhat random, I sense that my lord Asmodeus is directing me to locations that will gradually increase my own power while simultaneously increasing the effectiveness of those he has given me to lead.

Here @ Fisherman’s Lake my first encounter was w/three Ghouls. While Ghouls are relatively simple, mindless creatures they can be that type creature that leads one into a sense of false security. In this case, my Bard/Herald/Sage tossed an Oil of Fiery Burning Potion in their midst & the fight was won. Further on, as I worked my way clockwise around the lake, I encountered three Ogre Berserkers. Here, my subordinates fired off the SOP package, i.e. I cast Doom; my Berserker Sergeant skipped Enrage & charged in; my Conjurer cast Melf’s Acid Arrow; my Bard/Herald/Sage strung one of his Poison Arrows & my Illusionist cast Blindness. I had him dead in a moment & then moved forward knowing that he was likely accompanied by at least two others. He was & they're dead now too.

My journey continued after a rest. I moved north until I was heading into The Red Canyon’s & then turned east again where, near an old abandoned house, I destroyed a half-dozen Skeleton’s armed w/Warhammers & then shortly afterward, four Half-Ogres w/Bastard Swords & half-dozen Gnoll Elites. Needing a place to rest I took my subordinates to the northeast corner of the lake, where should it be necessary I could retire to familiar ground. Sur enough, my rest was interrupted by 8-10 Gnolls which I beat down w/my Morning Star since my Bastard Sword +1 was out of reach when they attacked. My wizards & Bard/Herald/Sage stayed back & attacked w/ranged weapons & spells.

I finally got that nights rest before moving southwest until I came upon 15 or so Gnolls. As I formed my subordinates up into the ’Reverse V’ attack formation which allows me to see the battlefield clearly before deciding my course of action, suddenly I was approached by a Drow w/wicked blades who asked if I would aid him. My instinct was to tell him he was on his own but then, again, I wanted to kill the Gnolls to acquire what treasure I could. He insisted I take sides & something told me I did not want to meet him in battle. When he announced afterward that he was Drizzt Do'Urden I knew that something that warned me not to challenge him was once again, my lord in Nessus. So I assisted him in killing the Gnolls & he had little interest in their treasure so I collected the gems & gold but was running out of room for the heavier weapons. I let my subordinates take a knee again for a few hours after a tussle w/three more Ogre Berserkers. Victory was mine but we’d exhausted many of our abilities & needed to refresh them.

After the pause my Berserker Sergeant & I destroyed a pack of Wild Dogs & on the north side of the lake about eight more skeletons. Not real sure these weren’t the same ones we’d killed before reanimated.

Key Event: Just as I was ready to wrap it up, I passed around the south side of the lake & was challenged by a bandit w/a Mage & a Chill Hobgoblin. Nothin’ gets my Berserker Sergeant goin’ more than a foe beginning to incant a spell. He used his Enrage ability & charged the mage as she was trying to get off a spell. I cast Aura of Despair, my Illusionist Blindness, my Conjurer Melf’s Acid Arrow; & my Bard/Herald/Sage strung one of his Poison Arrows. Needless to say she was quickly eliminated & I turned on the lead bandit. My Bard/Herald/Sage had to quaff an Antidote b/c he’d been hit by a poison arrow himself. I hollered @ my Berserker Sergeant to deal w/the Chill Hobgoblin so that the Poison Arrows would cease. He did & then joined me in killing the leader. The wench had a spellbook on her that my mages divvied up but the treasure was underwhelming.

BATTLING & DEFEATING BANDITS & THEIR MAGE!

Treasure of Note: Scroll of Agannazar’s Scorcher (Bard/Herald/Sage)

Next Steps: I feel it’s time to look around the Temple area where that hypocrite Ormlyr resides

Current Party: (Reputation: 6 – Disliked)

Post edited by CharlestonianTemplar on
    Another update in Murder Hobos: The Journey Phoenix's Journal.

Ugh, so many undead on this level. I dueled the person controlling said undead, and killed her with my superior magics, but then all the undead started to attack.

We went deeper still, and found what appeared to be a temple of Eldath. We may need to explore this some more though. Apparently, the Eldathians or whatever they call themselves, were actually worshippers of Sseth, and follow something called “Yxunomei”.

We found Yxunomei on the last level of Dragon’s Eye. It took much effort, but we had defeated her, and regained the Heartstone Gem. We must go back to Kuldahar to tell Arundel of the ordeal that was Dragon’s Eye.

We returned to Kuldahar, only to find it being under attack! We destroyed the enemy forces, but we could not save Arundel. Now we must avenge Arundel, and do his last wish of going to Severed Hand, or as the elves call it The Hand of the Seldarine, and take the Heartstone Gem to Larrel.

Current Party:
    Phoenix – Enchanter - 9
    Holvir – Paladin - 8
    Nella – Fighter < Cleric – 2 < 8
    Teri – Fighter/Thief – 7/8
    Korin – Ranger - 8
    Severn – Bard - 10

Current Deaths:
    Phoenix – 0
    Holvir – 2
    Nella – 0
    Teri – 4
    Korin – 0
    Severn - 3

Notes: Got Dragon's Eye done! Yay!

Off Topic: Blizzard got Gideon Emery, and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn to voice the Male and Female Crusader. TAKE MY MONEY NOW BLIZZARD. . . Oh wait, I already pre-ordered RoS. So, I foresee myself making a male and female Crusader in D3.
    Tiny update.

It took a couple of days, but we made to Severed Hand. However, Larrel wasn’t quite as sane as I would have expected him to be. This is just another task that we must do, and hopefully we can bring Larrel’s sanity back.

We traveled up, and up the tower, only to find more spectral undead, we killed them. Then, we found a level with mostly spectral elves. Hopefully they know how to cure Larrel’s insanity.

Current Party:
    Phoenix – Enchanter - 10
    Holvir – Paladin - 9
    Nella – Fighter < Cleric – 2 < 9
    Teri – Fighter/Thief – 8/9
    Korin – Ranger - 9
    Severn – Bard - 11

Current Deaths:
    Phoenix – 0
    Holvir – 2
    Nella – 0
    Teri – 4
    Korin – 0
    Severn - 3
    Mixed update:

Spent most of yesterday taking Olin and crew through Jahieras curse and then about a gazillion random encounters trying to get to Nalias keep (well maybe a half-gazillion) - several of them (no doubt thanks to SCS) were incredibly annoying with a dozen or so orcs or other monsters spawning right on top of the party hemming them in on all sides making it not only impossible to spread out and move anyone out of the mob but even to see who is who and which enemy they are currently targeting (and vice versa) - couple of reloads here then we got to the keep. Most of the keep was more difficult but doable - spirit trolls that wink in and out of sight were new - but we managed to get it done without any reloads until we hit the dungeon which we just could not handle - must have redone that final battle 6 times - the last two on "easy" and still could not get it done...

Planned to reload SCS this morning and remove the "more difficult end chapter battles" part but saw an email from GOG before I got started and headed over there and talked myself into getting IWD Complete instead for a change of pace. ;-)

Then I looked at some mods and decided to try it with IWD fixpack and IWD Tweak pack from G3. I tried out some of the oddball tweaks - allowing heavier armor for thieves and mages (with penalties) and also multi-class grand mastery and looser item restrictions for multi-dual class clerics & druids. This makes it play a little more like 3e and so far I like it even tho it doesn't feel quite right LOL.

So I started a party with a Male Paladin, Female Half-elf Ranger/cleric & Female Druid, Male Dwarf fighter, Female Gnome Fighter/Illusionist, and Male Halfling Fighter/thief. Took them through Easthaven and they are currently on their way to Kuldahar.

Of course in keeping with my goal of being the ultimate restarter I just added the NPC mod as I was updating this and am now off to see what that party will look like when they finish Easthaven to decide which (if either) I start to play beyond that first... ;-)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,866
    Starting a no-reload run of Icewind Dale with most of the mods except Auril's bane which has mod conflicts with others. Using the NPC mod party, protagonist being an elven fighter. Str 18, Dex 19, Con 17, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 8. Alternative kits for three of characters are cleric/ranger, mage, and thief/mage.

Starting a no-reload run of Icewind Dale with most of the mods except Auril's bane which has mod conflicts with others. Using the NPC mod party, protagonist being an elven fighter. Str 18, Dex 19, Con 17, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 8. Alternative kits for three of characters are cleric/ranger, mage, and thief/mage.

Bring it W_G! Welcome CT (aka CKT)
    Mordred, a servant & Black Guard of Asmodeus. I led my subordinates to Ulcaster next. It seemed I let down my guard somewhat after such my masterful performance vs. the pack of wolves & Worgs led by Vampiric Wolves @ The Temple of the Morning. When I first arrived, I worked my way thru the ravine, battling a bunch of mindless Zombies & a single skeleton before going up a brick path to the ruins of Ulcaster on a hill. I thought I’d gotten beyond having to worry about Skeletons & Kobolds w/Bows but I was wrong. When I first crested the hill, I met four Skeletons w/Composite Longbows who popped my Berserker Sergeant twice good before they were killed. This cost me a Potion of Healing to revive him a bit. Then, near the center of the ruins, I ran into a combination of three Ghouls & three Kobold Commando’s & some number of Kobolds, all w/Short Bows. My Berserker Sergeant went flyin’ into the fight, Enraged, & promptly got Held by a Ghoul swipe & was eventually killed.

I decided to stay & fight, trying to withdraw a bit to gain space & time. My Conjurer used his Ring of Energy to weaken the oncoming Ghouls. Unfortunately, the Kobolds w/their bows were just aggravating enough to make the fight tough. My Conjurer took a hard hit from an Arrow of Fire & quaffed a Potion of Healing & then kept fighting. My Bard/Herald/Sage cast a Sleep spell from a scroll but it didn’t take out the Commando Kobolds. He then started working on the Ghouls killing one that had already been softened up by my Conjurer. My Illusionist pulled out his sling & started helping wear down the Ghouls. Finally the last of them went down as I worked my way around to try & come up behind the Commando’s in the ruins. I did & I finished them but not before they landed two Arrows of Fire, back to back, on my Conjurer, killing him too. Then I had to divide up their gear so that we could lug it back to Beregost where I was forced to sell my Boots of Stealth & two of my extra sets of Plate Mail to raise them both before reorganizing & heading back.

Key Event: On my return I headed immediately back up onto the hill to the Ulcaster ruins to finish my reconnaissance up there before heading back down into the ravines. When I got there, there was an undead warrior who identified himself as Icharyd. He was tough but my subordinates assisted me in destroying a worthy foe. As is my SOP, my Illusionist cast Blindness on him; my Conjurer alternated between Melf’s Acid Arrow & Flame Arrow; my Bard/Herald/Sage cast a Magic Missile before switching to a Poison Arrow from his bow & then normal arrows after landing one of the former. My Berserker Sergeant was responsible for the gaggle of Kobolds that joined in. I cast Doom on Icharyd & then pulled out my Bastard Sword +1 & went toe to toe w/him until he finally went down. A fight worthy of the Blood War. My victory there landed me a Flail +1 so now I have an enchanted slashing weapon & an enchanted crushing weapon w/which I am Specialized or Proficient. Unfortunately, for my bottom line, I had to cash in another set of Plate Mail & a suit of extra Splint Mail to raise my Berserker Sergeant again after the battle. He’d become Enraged & took some hard hits. After the battle, he neglected to take care of himself & quaff a healing potion so when his rage left him, he died.

BATTLING ICHARYD THE UNDEAD WARRIOR!
    AND THE WINNER IS ASMODEUS' BLACK GUARD!!!

On my return, I worked my way around & thru the ravines & destroyed eight Hobgoblin Elite w/Poison Arrows; ~ 16 Hobgoblins, four of them w/Short Bows & Poison Arrows; six Kobold Commando’s & maybe eight of their weaker counterparts; 20 Skeleton’s w/Warhammers & four more w/Composite Longbows & gobs of mindless Zombies.

I returned to Beregost & sold off all of the gems & weapons I collected. I’d had high hopes for one Turquoise Gem that my Bard/Herald/Sage had pilfered off another roguish type that approached me wanting to sell the thing to me for 1000gps. The thing was worth 2gps. It turns out that the Thunderhammer is completely out of Battle Axes & the FAI has nothing @ all of value. I had to send my Illusionist into Nashkel, using his Invisibility going in & returning. He bought every Battle Axe in the Nashkel Store.

Treasure of Note: Flail +1 (Me)

Next Steps: My lord wishes me to descend into the Ulcaster Ruins

(Note: I have no rogue w/Thieving Skills so this could get costly. I’d planned on having Montaron here but he left. I plan to get Skie later as part of Eldoth’s plan but am really only in Chpt 2 so I can’t get to her yet. Imoen makes no sense to an Evil Party. If I take too much damage from traps I might go divert & go to the Lighthouse to get Safana but I’m trying to follow the Dudleyville Walkthrough in order soooo…we’ll see)

Current Party: (Reputation: 4 – Despised)
    Black Guard of Asmodeus: Fighter (Blk Gd)/5; Plate Mail w/Lg Shld, +1 B/Swd** & +1 Flail* (SSS**)
    Eldoth: Bard/6; Chain Mail, Sh/Bow* & BoArchery, +1 S/Swd*, Dgr* (Arm,MM,ChOrb,Mir Img,Knock)
    Edwin: Mage(Cjr/5); Knaves Rove & +1 Q/Staff* (Arm,Greasex2, C/Per,LMD,B/Hands,MelfsAA x3,PWS,F/Arrow x3)
    Quayle: Mage(Ill/5); Mage Rove of FR, Slg* & Dgr (Ref Img, Blind x4,Blur,Inv,Mir Img)