Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Series, and Icewind Dale Series Minimal Reload Challenge (Spoiler Warning!)

Comments

• CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    edited February 2014
    OUT OF THE GATE!

I finally got free of the gosh-forsaken Candlekeep w/all of the crusty old monks & wimpy Watchers. & what a stroke of luck! Some fiend ambushed Gorion & I just hours after we left & the old fool was cut down. Now I don’t have to worry about getting away from him.

Everything worked like clockwork. Suddenly Gorion wanted us to leave together urgently. I didn’t even have to figure out how to escape w/o being noticed. I grabbed some gear from Puffguts, including three of my favorite weapon, the Flails, & got ready to leave.

Key Event: In a perfect world, I’d have caught Hull & Fuller alone but Hull was on the gate. I put some Studded Leather, my girdle, bracers & helm & headed out like I was going to meet Gorion. Everyone was so freaked that I was leaving so I slipped into the barracks like I was going into say goodbye. I caught Fuller & another Watcher alone. I cast Doom on Fuller, separated myself a bit, poisoned my Flail & proceeded to kill them with little difficulty. I one stroked Fuller when I finally hit him. The other Watcher fought valiantly but, alas, that pansy is dead too. Heck, there was a watcher outside the door & he didn’t even budge when I walked out & headed straight for Gorion. Heck I was so smooth I could be an assassin. Ha!

Gorion & I were outta there in a flash & in no time, thank Asmodeus, Gorion was a concern no more. Pesky Imoen ran me down but said nothing of the slaughter I inflicted on Fuller & the watcher. I ditched her but convinced her I needed the three Potions of Healing she was carrying & the Potion of Speed too. Even got her to identify the enchanted dagger I got off Fuller’s body. I sent her to the FAI where I have no intention of going since that’s exactly where Gorion said to go to meet, ‘friends.’ Still, by now I know the evidence @ Candlekeep points to me so there’ll be no heading back to Candlekeep anytime soon either.

Treasure of Note: 2 suits of Plate Mail (from Fuller & the Watcher)(those are for yours truly); a Dagger +1 (I’ll likely sell that unless I find an underling that has use for it)

Current Disposition: Camping @ Lion’s Way
    [b]
    Next Steps:[/b] Follow the road eastward from Lion’s Way

Level Up: None

Current Party: (Reputation: 4 - Despised)[b]
    Front-de-Boeuf, [/b]Ftr (A-Pdn)/1: Pl/Mail w/Flail** (SWS**)

Mods Used: HardTimes-v2; BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20; X0black101 (Blackguard); level1npcs-v1.9; bg2_tweaks-v14; Randomizer-v68; scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)

Reloads: 0

http://www.bobsenk.com/rpg/rules/chclass/antipaladin.html (this link goes to an old Dungeon Mag article on the Anti-Paladin – from the p&p days).
    Post edited by CharlestonianTemplar on
    edited February 2014
    I REALLY DON"T KNOW WHY MY IMAGES AREN'T SHOWING UP. THE LINKS SEEM TO WORK BUT I LIKE TO SEE MY IMAGES IN MY WRITEUP.

ANY IDEAS FROM YOU SMART PEOPLE ARE WELCOME. I'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM BEFORE BUT NOW THEY JUST 'SPIN & SPIN' & 'SAY' THEY'RE 'UPLOADING' BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE THE LINKS WORK BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME.

ANYWAY, HERE'S WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO WITH MY NEW/OLD PC. STAN
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited February 2014
    @CharlestonianTemplar, I always use < img src=http: whatever/whatever > , only without the spaces. (There is one space between "img" and "src", the rest is no spaces.)

Those images you have in your post, above, should appear in the post if you put the command tags around each one of those links.
  • @CharlestonianTemplar, I always use < img src=http: whatever/whatever > , only without the spaces. (There is one space between "img" and "src", the rest is no spaces.)

Those images you have in your post, above, should appear in the post if you put the command tags around each one of those links.

Thanks BelgarathMTH: Worked like a charm. I've never had to do that before, just uploaded directly from my screenshots & blamo. But, I'm glad I can post my screenshots now.

Thanks for taking the time. CT
    edited February 2014
    I followed the road eastward from Lion’s Way after picking up the loot I found from Gorion’s carcass & the bodies of the ogres & the human he killed when they ambushed me. Obviously I’m important as the leader of the ambush wanted me, not Gorion. I guess my diabolical allies in Baator are letting my coming reputation proceed me. I added a couple of henchman I met on the road who will serve me. One, Montaron, is a Thief/Assassin by trade so I’ll be able to find plenty for him to do. The other, Xzar, is a Mage/Necromancer & I will benefit from being able to reach out & touch foes with his magic of the dead. In trying to build my ‘inner circle’ I added a conniving Bard, Eldoth, who I came across on the Coast Way Road. He has some grand scheme that involves kidnapping his lover, a daughter of Duke Entar Silvershield, ransoming her & then keeping her anyway since she is in on the plot. I hired him as my herald but he can cast a spell & is skilled @ making poison arrows so he’ll have a role w/me for the time being. I’ll check out his lover & if she is of interest, I’ll eliminate him & take her as my own. I fought thru some Xvarts & Gibberling’s & arrived in Beregost. I knew of a Dwarf Fighter/Berserker, Kagain, who I enlisted once I arrived before selling some loot & finding an inn, The Red Sheaf, to spend the night. I was attacked by an assassin as soon as I walked in the door but was able to beat him down…w/a little help from my friends. He carried an axe & wore Chain so I grabbed the Axe for Kagain (who swings a mean axe) & the Chain Mail just in case any of our armor crumbles like so much in Faerun is doing these days. I swallowed my nausea & made a contribution @ The Temple of the Morning to raise my reputation & avoid any unwanted interference w/my plans.

I passed thru South Beregost Road where I killed a couple of Ogrillons before running into three Flaming Fist Mercenaries who accused us of being bandits. Trying to lay low, I avoided the fight & talked my way out of trouble. On the North Nashkel Road, I got into a tussle w/a band of Hobgoblin’s & the battle got a little tougher when a panicked Kagain wandered into a small group of bandit’s that joined the fight from the south. I finally cut all the Hobgoblins & bandits down w/a little effort from my servants & collected up their valuables. Before I made Nashkel I had to fight off four more bandits. I’m collecting bandit scalps as a hobby now. In Nashkel I had to raise Montaron @ the Temple of Helm b/c he’d gone & gotten himself bit by a mosquito or something. I looked around Nashkel, hit the Belching Dragon & added another mage, this one a Conjurer named Edwin. I might have to kick the snot out of him but I like the idea of two wizards pelting my enemies w/offensive spells while I wade into melee. So, I’ve rounded out w/my assassin, a bard (my herald), two wizards (my arcane combo) & Kagain, my lieutenant. I like this mix but I need a cleric. If I can find a good one, the herald might have to find work elsewhere or share time w/my priest.

Key Event: Timing was everything, b/c as soon as I added the Edwin, I headed for the Nashkel Inn where I was promptly attacked by a female assassin, a Cleric type. I took the fight out into the street, lest someone standing nearby be injured & my reputation take the blame. Kagain closed to melee w/her when she came into the street while Xzar cast Chill Touch & moved it to grasp her. The assassin used an Entangle spell & it ‘tied up’ my efforts significantly & the she beat my henchman w/her club @ close range. She ended up killing Montaron, Xzar & eventually, Kagain. More gold to get these bumblers raised. Edwin cast Grease so that when her spell wore off she’d still be immovable & Eldoth could pepper her w/arrows. When his spell finally wore off, I closed in w/Eldoth & Edwin (who was out of spells) & beat her to death.

Treasure of Note: Helm of Infravision (sold); gems/jewelry (sold)

Current Disposition: Nashkel Inn
    [b]
    Next Steps:[/b] I have three tasks in mind; 1) investigate the Nashkel Mines, 2) Kill Edwin’s witch, 3) find Eldoth’s ‘lover’ get the ransom he thinks she’ll bring (oh & make her mine if she looks good).

Level Up: My diabolical benefactor in Baator promoted me to Miscreant (Anti-Paladin/2) & granted me the use of Aura of Despair once per day; strangely I also received Larloch’s Minor Drain from another source. While useful, I don’t know from whence this power comes. Montaron became a Rutterkin (Assassin/2) & added 15% to his Find Traps ability.

Current Party: (Reputation: 5 - Disliked)[b]
    [i]
    Front-de-Boeuf, Ftr (A-Pdn)/2: Pl/Mail w/Flail** (SWS**)
    18/49, 18, 18, 13, 16, 18* (*Rng of H/I)
    Kagain, Ftr(Bkr)/1: Sp/Mail w/B/Axe** & T/Axe** (2WS**)
    Montaron, Thf(Asn)/2: St/Leather & S/Shld w/S/Swd* (SSS*)
    Eldoth, Bard/1: S/Bow* & Dgr+1*
    Xzar: Mage(Ncr)/1, Club* & Dgr/T/Knife*
    Edwin: Mage(Cjr)/1 w/Q/Staff[/i]
    Mods Used: HardTimes-v2; BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20; X0black101 (Blackguard); level1npcs-v1.9; bg2_tweaks-v14; Randomizer-v68; scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)

http://www.bobsenk.com/rpg/rules/chclass/antipaladin.html (this link goes to an old Dungeon Mag article on the Anti-Paladin – from the p&p days).
    edited February 2014
    My efforts @ descending into the mines, discovering the secret & bringing the culprits to their knees were hampered by incompetents & incompetence all around me. I am astounded @ the # of times I have to drag one or the other of their equipment out to take them to Nalin @ the Temple of Helm. Even Kagain has taken his share of **** slaps that knocked him senseless & crippled my front line time & again. My spellcasters/sages, who I expected to add a heck of a punch, don’t know any spells other than ‘bringing a rabbit out of a hat,’ which, frankly, sucks against Kobolds w/s/bows. I should have a pantaloon load of gold stored away but between raisin’ my ‘inner circle’ & buying potions so that I can delay raisin’ them is suckin’ gold out of my pouch faster than Edwin can throw out insults. Eldoth makes these ‘poison arrows’ which I thought were really cool but I’ve determined they’re poisoned feathers rather than arrow heads. Montaron the Assassin contributed by finding a couple of traps & fighting more like a berserker than an assassin @ times. Still progress through the first two levels & into the 3rd was painful. Finally, after a challenging battle in level 3 against a score of Kobolds, about half of which carried s/bows, I finally was able to pull these knuckleheads together & make of myself the reputation I deserve…I am to be feared.

Destroying the Half-assed Half-Orc

Key Event: Praise Baator’s blessings, I found the source of the corrupt iron emitting from the mines to be a Half-Orc named Mulahey. I found him in a cave four levels deep in the mines. He summoned a dozen Kobolds & a half-dozen or so Skeletons to aid him but my servants fought well despite themselves. I stood off to the side to assess their skills & look for an opportunity to move in for the kill on the Half-Orc. Edwin tossed a Grease spell & everyone was up to their ankles in goo but that included Mulahey. I moved into a side cave until things were manageable. No need to bring myself to unnecessary harm when I feed, arm, & pay these fools to serve me. Kagain went into his Beserk state, Montaron poisoned his s/sword & Xzar cast his favorite spell, Chill Touch & all three closed on Mulahey while his ‘minions’ were wading in Grease. I cast my Aura of Despair, Doom & Larlock’s Minor Drain from off to the side before I moved in to kill Mulahey w/o being hampered by the same Grease he was. I think it was poison from one of Eldoth’s special arrows that finally dropped Mulahey. Mopping up his minions was easy.

nimbul the assassin? Ha

After visiting that hypocrite Kelddath @ the Temple of the Morning to fix a reputation problem, I sold the loot, used the magic in the Tome of Leadership & Influence before heading back to Nashkel to be honored as well I should. An assassin named Nimbul attacked me when I arrived. Ha! Like a fly, I swatted him to his death w/little help from my servants. My Aura of Despair & Doom combined w/a well placed Charm person from one of my wizards made Nimbul easy pickin’s.

I seem to be receiving power from multiple sources but my loyalty lies in the Nine Hells.
    I still wrestle w/which Arch-Duchess, Glasya, Lord of the Sixth, or Fierna (who shares the 4th w/Belial) that I ultimately serve...& desire. My lusting heart is torn between the two powerful, diabolical, & carnal Arch-duchesses . I hope my actions please them both…& that neither knows of my indecisiveness or suspects my divided loyaties.

Treasure of Note: Tome of Leadership & Influence (Me); Short Sword +1 (Montaron); Scrolls (Magic Missile, Blindness, el al)

Current Disposition: Letting my servants revel @ the Nashkel Inn

Next Steps: Valley of the Tombs; onward to find Edwin’s Witch

Level Up: Kagain improved to Fighter(Berserker)/2; Edwin increased to Mage(Conjuror)/2 & he memorized a 2nd Charm Person to add to his twice memorized Grease spells; Eldoth’s talents now rank him as a Sonneteer (Bard/3) & he memorized Sleep; Xzar to Mage (Necromancer)/2 memorized; Montaron is now a Waghalter (Assassin/3) & can now F/Traps @ 40%; Baator has seemed please to raise me to Malefactor (Anti-Paladin/3) & I was granted Doom & from, elsewhere, a 2nd Larloch’s Minor Drain.

Current Party: (Reputation: 5 - Disliked)
    Front-de-Boeuf, Ftr (A-Pdn)/3: Pl/Mail w/Flail** (SWS**, 2-HS*)
    18/49, 18, 18, 13, 16, 18*
    *Rng of H/I
    Kagain, Ftr(Bkr)/2: Sp/Mail w/B/Axe** & T/Axe** (2WS**)
    Montaron, Thf(Asn)/3: St/Leather & S/Shld w/S/Swd+1* (SSS*)
    Eldoth, Bard/3: S/Bow* & Dgr*
    Xzar: Mage(Ncr)/2, Club* & Dgr/T/Knife*
    Edwin: Mage(Cjr)/2 w/Q/Staff

edited February 2014
    Darn it!

My run with the Bull-Knight, Front-de-Boeuf Black-Guard is over again. I was cut down with my servants by the assassins, Lamalha, Maneira, Telka and Zeela. Not sure if we killed more than one of them. I thought we'd beat them easily too.

I tried to tie them up w/a Grease spell from Edwin but they were still able to fire their Arrows of Fire & cast spells effectively. Edwin fell quickly. W/the Grease inplace, I too was unable to maneuver so I waited outside of arrow range for an opportunity to pounce. I’d hoped to separate them & tear them down one @ a time. Montaron, as was his custom, waded in the thick of the fighting, Grease & all, w/o regard to anything but killing the nearest assassin he could find...but w/limited armor he fell eventually to a combination of arrows/spells I guess. Eldoth tried to give us some ranged capability but against the Arrows of Fire he was hit & killed too. Xzar was a Wildman & when he was out of spells he charged into the Grease w/his Club but in only a Knave’s Robe he too was defenseless & died.

I tried to work my way around to the left of the assassins & one of them cast an entangle spell that finished me. I tried in vain to get off the top edge of the map but couldn’t get free of the entanglement. Kagain was badly wounded, tossing Throwing Axes trying to kill my attackers but could not in the end. I finally fell to an Arrows of Fire.

I’d had high hopes for the PC. I tried to play him carefully & use Lawful Evil alignment properly. I refought the battle & tried the same, Grease tactic again & it failed again almost the same way. I tied a third time, skipped the grease & charged into melee & we beat them down, Kagain &I surviving.

I guess it’s not a stretch to say that Kagain might raise my PC since I’d done so for him a few times, but then again being evil, he might not. I may move this guy over the Minimal Reload Challenge just b/c I like the story I’ve created for him & would like to carry the idea further.

Part of me though, wants to run one more evil PC & then get back to the Cavaliers & LG Fighters I usually play. Oh well, we’ll see.
    image CT
    edited February 2014
    MORDRED, BLACK GUARD OF ASMODEUS

My new PC is Mordred of Candlekeep. Mordred is based the villainous character of Arthurian legend. Using the TSR Deities & Demigods Manual as my guide, Modred is listed as a Knight of Quality which equates to having statistics ‘which may never be below 13 & most average 16,’ 1 So I set my Minimum Stats Cheat @ 13. In legend Mordred is the notorious traitor who fought King Arthur at the Battle of Camlann, where he was killed and Arthur fatally wounded. Tradition varies on his relationship to Arthur, but he is best known today as Arthur's illegitimate son by his half-sister Morgause. 2

To tailor him for Baldur’s Gate play, I’ll use the ‘illegitimate’ part of the Arthurian character & merge it w/the PCs lack of knowledge about his own past.

Raised in Candlekeep on the Sword Coast above the Sea of Swords by the sage Gorion, Mordred has been schooled in wisdom & prophesy by the learned Monks of that place & is literate, unlike most of the populace of Faerun. When not studying the prophesy or the history of the Time of troubles, Mordred trained under the Gate Warden & the Watchers of Candlekeep to be skilled as a warrior.

Mordred took the basic skills he was taught and honed them. The Gate Warden & Watchers tried to train him to use the Quarter Staff & the Long Sword, but Mordred insisted on using the Bastard Sword as a symbol of his unknown past. Gorion, after all, is not his father so he is, indeed, a bastard.

His anger runs deep & Mordred has a Black Heart. Mordred is Lawful & Evil & his homage is to Asmodeus. To be Lawful & Evil he believes is, ultimately, to serve Asmodeus, god of sin, King of the Nine Hells. He knows full well about the dead Lawful Evil deities Bane & Bhaal but Asmodeus fought the demons of chaos as the greatest of the angels who were created by the deities of law to combat them & bring order to the Chaos. Asmodeus is the author of the Pact Primeval while Bane is relegated to ‘essence’ having been killed by Torm. No, to be Lawful & Evil is to subjugate ones efforts to the Lord of the Nine Hells and none other. Mordred knows that on the Prime material Plane, Asmodeus has more cultists than all the other Arch-Devils combined & that those who worship other Arch-Devils, nonetheless, draw power from Asmodeus. Mordred is aware that Asmodeus influences all levels of society & has followers of nearly every race, even in the strongest bastions for good. Mordred believes serving Asmodeus is the path to great power & that to attain that power he must become a leader where opportunity presents itself. 3 Displaying the courage, influence & magnetism to be a leader will be a huge challenge for Mordred, b/c like the devils he worships, he is a coward & sees no shame in letting others fight his battles while he waits, out of harms way, to secure credit for success.

Little does Mordred know that Asmodeus also knows all about his past & has every intention of harnessing his relationship to Bhaal, The god of death, to further his own diabolical aims.

MEAGER BEGINNINGS WITH A VISION OF DIABOLICAL DESTINY

Notes:
    1 Deities & Demigods, Cyclopedia of Gods & Heroes from Myth & Legend, TSR Games, © 1980
    2 Mordred: Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., last modified 19 February 2014
    3 Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells: Robin Laws & Robert Schwalb, Wizards of the Coast, © 2006
    4 Medium Image, Knight of the White Hart, courtesy Infernal Finn, DeviantArt.com
    5 Small Image, Mordred, courtesy dustfae, DeviantART.com
  • I’ve finally freed myself from my 20 years of misery @ Candlekeep. Gorion suddenly wanted us to get out of there in a hurry & told me to pack for a journey. He wouldn’t tell me what the urgency was but I just relished the idea of getting out of there.

Key Event: Before I left, I pummeled Fuller & another Watcher in the barrack’s to get their Plate Mail. I thought I’d get away w/it since two assassins had attacked me earlier so I hoped the blame would go to them. Apparently, I was wrong about that as my reputation has already taken a serious dive…something I will have to rectify lest I run into problems w/the Flaming Fists or Amnish authorities. Regardless, Plate mail is an absolute must & I can’t stand Fuller or Hull & I wish I could have caught them together but I had to take out another Watcher when I killed Fuller.

PICKING UP A COUPLE OF SETS OF PLATE MAIL!

Praise Asmodeus, just a couple of hours after leaving we were ambushed by a couple of Ogres, a spell caster of some kind & a huge knight in black armor. He wanted me though & when Gorion told me to run, I naturally obeyed. Gorion Killed the Ogres & the spellcaster but the knight cut him down. By then, I was well hidden & he couldn’t find me. I was free!

I killed a couple of wolves & a diseased Gibberling before crossing from Lion’s Way to the Coast Way. When I crossed over into Coast Way, I was assaulted by at least a dozen Diseased Gibberling’s which I finally dealt w/before withdrawing to the edge of the Coast Way to rest. Afterward, I met a Bard, Eldoth, who wanted my help in an extortion scheme that sounds like it might be profitable. In return he offers his service to me free of charge. As a Bard, I can use him as my Herald so this is a win-win-win for me. He says he can cast spells too. I’ll see. I decided to go back to Lion’s Way to see if I was being hunted by Watcher’s from Candlekeep. Finding none was a relief &, even better, I found a Necromancer named Xzar & an as assassin named Montaron. I’ve added them as my Mage/Sage & Assassin respectfully. I can use both of those skills. After I added them, I led my servants on a complete sweep of Lion’s Way. I killed everything except two Dire Wolves & some Bears. I may go back for them later but not now.

Treasure of Note: Plate Mail (Me); Dagger +1 (TBD)

Current Disposition: Camping off the Road on the edge of the Coast & Lion’s Way

Next Steps: I want to explore Coast Way the way I did Lion’s Way…but first I need arrows for Eldoth & to decide if Montaron is worth raising from the dead. He took a dirt nap late yesterday in a battle w/two wolves.

Level Up: Asmodeus has seen fit to promote me to Miscreant (Anti-Paladin/2) & granted me Aura of Despair to augment Doom & Poison Weapon that he’s already graciously granted (Eldoth & Montaron joined a 2nd Level)

Current Party: (Reputation: 4 - Despised)
    Mordred: Fighter (Blk Gd)/2; Plate Mail w/Lg Shld, B/Swd** (SSS**)
    Eldoth: Bard/2; Chain Mail, Sh/Bow*, Dgr*
    Montaron: Thief (Asn)/2; Studded Leather w/Sm Shld, Sh Swd*
    Xzar: Mage (Nec)/1; Dgr*, T/Knives* (Ch/Touch, LM/Drain)

Mods Used: HardTimes-v2; BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20; X0black101 (Blackguard); MegaModKits v1.01L; level1npcs-v1.9; bg2_tweaks-v14; Randomizer-v68; scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)

• WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Here's some updates - haven't posted any in a while.

Tasllii & crew have been set aside perhaps permanently - too many mod NPCs in one group wasn't feeling right - may use Tasllii again at some point tho.

Took Stubby Shinslicer out this morning and did Planar Sphere - without much trouble so this is still a one reload run so far.

Current Levels:

Stubby - Barb 10
    Valygar - Stalker 10
    Jan - Illusionist 10/ Thief 11
    Angelo - F 7 ->Mage 11
    Viconia - cleric 11
    Jaheira - F 9/Druid 11

Started a goody-two shoes run with a NG Assassin in the lead - not the most sensible leader for such a group but fun none the less. The party currently consists of

Arachnil - F NG Elf assassin 11 - 18/19/16/11/10/14
    Long sword*, Short sword*, Katana*, Club*, SWS

Isra (NPC mod) - F Human LG Cavalier 16/12/17/13/14/17
    Two handed Sword**, THWS**, Long Sword*, TWS**

Rasaad SS Monk 11

Aerie C 9/M 11

Anomen F 7->Cleric 11

Nalia T 4->M 11 (swap for Imoen later)

This group is doing quite well - finished Circus, Trademeet, Nalia's Keep, Slavers, Umar Hills, Rescued Haer Dalis from sewers (not planar prison yet) first Anomen quest, and a couple of Isra quests. I can't recall any reloads so far altho we have had a few deaths. Hoping to do Rasaads romance altho Isra keeps hitting on me and Rasaad's love talks are progressing very slowly. Anyway this group is patiently awaiting my return currently and still close to the top of the heap of active runs.

Latest run is an outfit of all druids and rangers (except Imoen and her stand in) led by:

Medea Meadowguard F Human Avenger 11
    16/18/14/8/17/15 - Dart*, Spear*, Staff*, Dagger*

So the group is currently made up of: Jahiera, Cernd, Minsc, & Jan who have just entered the Druid Grove - once Trademeet is done they will head to Umar Hills and grab Valygar to finish out the group.

I am also getting an itch to do a BGEE run and may fiddle with that this afternoon.

• SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    So, I just haven't felt motivated to play BG2 right now, but I felt a compulsion to restart Malakai.

Mods:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // DDrawFix -> Use WineD3D's DDraw Library: v1.0
    ~1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1ppv: Fix character attack animation sounds in TotLM
    ~1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2~ #0 #1 // 1ppv: Fix combat animation bug (enable combat stance animations)
    ~1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2~ #0 #2 // 1ppv: Use BG1/IWD character animations
    ~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assorted Fixes: v6
    ~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Game Text Update: v6
    ~1PP_HQ_MUSIC_IWD/1PP_HQ_MUSIC_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1pp: High quality music for IWD HoW/TotLM
    ~IU_IWD/SETUP-IU_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Upgrade for Icewind Dale: v5
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Voice of Durdel Anatha: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #100 // Malavon's Golems: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #200 // Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #300 // Marketh's Ring: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #400 // Presio's Duel: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #500 // Orrick's Rhino Beetle Shield: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #600 // The High Baptist's Flock: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Minor Item Restorations: v7
    ~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Restored Random Drops: v7
    ~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Icewind Dale NPCs: v4
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #103 // 1ppv4: Extended palette entries -> Full install (recommended)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #105 // 1ppv4: Avatar fixes
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #113 // 1ppv4: Smart Avatar & Armour Switching
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #114 // 1ppv4: Softer Spell Effects
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #200 // 1ppv4: Core content patches
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #203 // 1ppv4: Restored flame sword animations
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #204 // 1ppv4: Colourable Quarterstaves
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #205 // 1ppv4: Legacy Shields
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #206 // 1ppv4: Additional Shield Animations (core)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #207 // 1ppv4: Wizards' Staves (core)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #209 // 1ppv4: Attachable wings (core)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #210 // 1ppv4: Increased paperdoll object variety (core)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #400 // 1ppv4: Core updates and item patches
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #401 // 1ppv4: Improved projectile effects
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #301 // 1ppv4: Miscellaneous content fixes
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #101 // 1ppv4: Core paperdolls
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Restore IWD Loading Screens: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Icon Improvements: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Add Bags of Holding: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Universal Clubs: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Remove Experience Cap: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer): v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // BG2 Grand Mastery: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Alter Priest Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Druids Use 3e Alignment Restrictions (NG, LN, TN, CN, NE): v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dualclass Clerics and Druids: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v15
    ~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth): v15
    After much fiddling including the installation of SCS to my BGEE game (which I have never used before) I finally decided on a paladin for a new BGEE run.

Of course he wasn't really a Lord but that's what Fuller and his cronies called him during the years they spent training him and eventually the title just stuck in spite of the fact that it was almost always said with a grin and a wink.

He and Imoen were mostly inseparable in spite of the fact that he had to constantly remind her to stay on the good red road but when she brought cakes and cookies or thick slices of bread and honey to share he never asked where they came from and she in turn never offered to tell him.

They talked for hours at a time of the adventures they would have and the places they would go some day but neither was prepared for the shock when Gorion told him they must leave Candlekeep tonight.

Nor was Bickersnipe prepared when the first of two assassins struck at him in one of the out buildings with what he was certain had been a poisoned dagger. His training and the gods he served kept the poison from reacting but the sharp odor that wafted through his nostrils as the blade drew blood from him was unmistakable. Neither assassin survived the attempts on his life this day.

He bade Imoen to stay at Candlekeep as he and Gorion headed for the gates and she told him she would but both of them knew she wouldn't and when she found him the morning after an ambush and Gorions murder his heart lifted in spite of his loss.

They made their way to the scene of the ambush and he quietly gathered the gear scattered over the area - tossing a set of leathers to Imoen to put on and gathering the arrows into a quiver for her. He spoke briefly over Gorions corpse and Imoen laid a boquet of wildflowers and sage on his chest and the two walked away. Minutes later they were fighting for their lives with a vicious dread wolf and used most of their healing potions to cure the deep wounds it left.

Another common wolf attacked a few minutes later but when they wounded it the beast ran off looking for easier prey and the duo arrived back on the path where a wanderer stopped to speak to them.

Still stinging from his night of horror Bickersnipe paid close attention to the man who described a couple ne'er do wells on the road ahead before moving on and as soon as Lord B was in range of this pair he cast detect evil towards them. As the sheet of blood red colors marking their evil natures washed over them he drew a throwing axe and Imoen notched her bow and the two brigands fell within seconds of their attack.

Lord B and Imoen made their way carefully to the FAI only running into a couple gibberlings along the way. It was dark when they arrived and Imoen talked him into making their way down along the outside wall and resting there in the dark so they might enter with the rising sun in the morning. The night passed without incident but as they mounted the steps to the Inn the next morning a bounty hunting mage attacked them.

The mage got his protections up and put Imoen to sleep but one of the guards lent a hand and after a fierce battle and another healing potion Lord B struck the fatal blow and the mage crumpled. Imoen was awakened and gathered the mages spells and a bounty notice and the two entered the Inn. Imoen was intrigued by a huge Half-orc at one of the tables but got a rude reply when she attempted to engage him in conversation and let him be.

They located Gorions friends Khalid and Jahiera and it was agreed they would travel together for now. The foursome took care of some hobgoblins hanging about too close to the Inn for comfort and were asked to take care of a spider problem in Beregost by one of the guests.

They were headed that way anyway as Jahiera and Khalid were expected in Nashkel. The trip to Beregost went well - they took out some minor monsters and huge ogre and when they entered Beregost they were recruited by a damsel in distress and immediately set into battle with some Wizards of Thay. The battle went well for the group and they added Neera to the group.

After meeting with old Firebead and talking down an irate commoner at Feldposts the group rested. The next day they were hired by an evil mage named Silke and things went badly during their battle with both Imoen and Neera falling in battle. Silke eventually fell and the girls were raised at the local temple. The group took Garrick along to the temple but then left him in Beregost and told him they may see him again one day. (Probably not)

As they made their way south they were mistakenly id'd as a group of brigands and Lord B quickly surrendered thinking they would sort out the mistake back in town. It turned out the guards were the brigands and they planned to execute the party on the spot guilty or not and the fight was on and the party did surprisingly well against their three well armored foes. Back to Beregost to report the incident and rest up the party will sell off the extra supplies and head south in the morning.

Seeing some of the challenge with SCS already and I'm playing on normal! Looking forward to having easier access to NPCs (saw Tiax already but didn't speak to him). No specific plan in mind for party composition will see how things go as we move through.
    Well Lord B and crew made it to Nashkel stumbling on and picking up Sharteel along the way and then dropping her for Branwen.

I thought the SCS mod offered the option to have NPCs go to an Inn when you dropped them (assuming they are not angry with your current rep) but it appears they just stay where ever you drop them - or at least Garrick and Sharteel did - maybe it isn't implemented for BGEE yet - (I'm sure I chose the "inn" option during installation).

In any event we attempted to enter Zordrals tent and Neera put the entire crew into a deep sleep (but not Zordral of course) and he cast a spell or two then started whacking the sleeping beauties to death with his staff - first Jahiera then Branwen and then Lord B - I thought it odd that it took many more hits to Jahs and Branwen to die (most hits doing only a single point of damage) while Lord B with ankeg armor and an AC 5-6 points better dies within a half dozen whacks (each doing 3-4 damage).

I was also a bit surprised to see that apparently SCS is applied to my previous saved games as well or at least the weapon changes are ("fine" weapons replaced some +1 weapons) .

Thus I may set Lord B aside for a bit while I contemplate whether or not Neera is a good choice for a minimal (or no) reload run and fire up some of the more interesting groups in my saved games and see what else is implemented from SCS in them.
    edited March 2014
    After finishing up in Lion’s Way, I led three of my four servants to Beregost. I had to raise my Assassin who had taken an inconvenient dirt nap the Coast Way. While in Beregost I met a Dwarven Berserker who needed help tracking down a caravan he’d been paid to protect that had gone missing. I immediately praised Asmodeus as I knew I could use the stocky little runt as a Lieutenant of sorts. I led my servants, now five of them, back to Coast Way where I killed Kobolds, Xvarts, Dire Wolves, Wolves, Kobolds, & Bandits (picked up eight Bandit Scalps) and an Ogre. While there though, that little ******-ant Assassin & his pet Necromancer suddenly up & bolted for Nashkel. It happened so fast I didn't have time to smash the ungrateful little turd…which may work out because I plan to snatch him back into my service when I get there. I found my Dwarven Berserkers' caravan & killed three bandits & their leader w/o any of the three of us taking a scratch. Unfortunately for the Dwarven Berserker, the son of the Duke of Baldur’s Gate was dead. Praise Asmodeus that b/c of that the Berserker will now accompany me as my Lieutenant & personal guard permanently.

ONE DEAD MOUTHY BANDIT LEADER & HER BABY BANDITS!

Before I left Coast Way I went back to Lion’s Way to finish off the two Dire Wolves that I’d seen earlier. I’d made a note in my head, or maybe it was Asmodeus leading my footsteps, but it was worth the trip. Instead of two Dire Wolves I found four. As a result of that relatively easy battle both my Berserker & my Herald & Bard increased in skill there.

I felt led to go to the Friendly Arm Inn so I went there w/o any trouble on the roads. Upon arriving, I was attacked by another Assassin, this one a Mage. I cast Aura of Despair & Doom @ him while my Bard tried unsuccessfully to cast Sleep. As I was charging up the steps to finish him, my Lieutenant & Berserker cut him almost in a quarter from head & shoulder to sternum. Later, I led my men out to kill a squad of Hobgoblins that were outside the walls of the FAI. I wouldn't have known they were there save that some wench in an outer building of the keep told me I’d find them there & asked me to return a ​Flame-dance Ring they'd stolen from her. In killing them I picked up a few gems & returning hers, instead of selling it must have been a diabolical strategic move designed to improve my reputation b/c it did. After that, I received a request from a Gnome I met @ the Inn that that her home in Beregost was infested w/spiders. She offered a reward so I smashed them for her & returned for my fruitful payment.

Key Event: Every time I've been to Beregost, I've seen a Rogue outside the Burning Wizard & a woman w/a Q-staff outside the Red Sheaf. I finally questioned the rogue. He said his mistress was in need of protection from some thugs & offered me 300gp. I took it, & killed them as I was hired to do. Then, I felt led by Asmodeus to destroy her. Praise him for leading me to do so as she had a +1 Bastard Sword on her & Bracers of Archery.

Treasure of Note: Bastard Sword +1 (Me); Bracers of Archery (Bard); Scrolls of Armor (2), Magic Missile, Chromatic orb, Mirror Image (Bard) ; Broach of Eddard Silvershield?

Current Disposition: Resting in Beregost @ the Red Sheaf

Next Steps: I feel led to head west to this High Hedge that I learned of from Rachel @ The Temple of the Morning

Level Up: My lord Asmodeus has been please to make me a Malefactor (Fighter/Anti-Paladin/3) & I have learned to use a Flail. Shortly afterward, my Berserker increased his lethality & is now a Fighter (Berserker/3) & increased his proficiency w/the Axe; my Herald became a Skald (Bard/4) & he memorized the spell Mirror Image as his first 2nd Level Spell

Mordred: Fighter (Blk Gd)/3; Plate Mail w/Lg Shld, +1 B/Swd**, Flail* (SSS**)
    Kagain: Fighter (Bkr)/3; Splint Mail w/B/Axe*** & T/Axe**
    Eldoth: Bard/4; Chain Mail, Sh/Bow* & Brazers of Archery, Dgr* (Armor, Sleep, Mirror Image)

Mods Used: HardTimes-v2; BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20; X0black101 (Blackguard); MegaModKits v1.01L; level1npcs-v1.9; bg2_tweaks-v14; Randomizer-v68; scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)

My senses, which I always believe to be the nudging of my lord Asmodeus, led me to the High Hedge. Rachel @ the Temple of the Morning said there was a Mage there named Thalantyr. The place was swarming w/skeletons, Flinds & Gnolls of various types. I beat them all down w assistance from my servants.

Key Event: I let my guard down against two Ghasts that were roaming the woods. Stupidly I charged in & got hit by one & Held. My servants cut them down & I shook the effects after a short time but I was severely injured & required a long rest in the south of the High Hedge area.

CLOSE CALL...TOO CLOSE. PRAISE ASMODEUS FOR HIS MERCY!

I finally found the Mage himself in a large manor house @ the center of the woods. He was a grumpy old coot & his prices were exorbitant for magic items, although he has a large supply of spells up to about 3rd level, e few potions & decent selection & some exotic items too rich for my blood now. I’d collected quite a bit of loot including gems & two-handed swords for which I collected decent return.

Treasure of Note: None

Current Disposition: Resting in Beregost @ the Red Sheaf

Next Steps: My lord is drawing me south of Beregost toward Nashkel

Level Up: My lord Asmodeus has chosen to grant me further power by promoting me to Hellraiser (Anti-Paladin/4) & giving me the power, Life Drain, to complement the Aura of Despair, Poison Weapon & two Doom abilities he’s already granted. Afterward, my Lieutenant, the Dwarven Berserker was himself promoted to Berserker/4.

Mordred: Fighter (Blk Gd)/4; Plate Mail w/Lg Shld, +1 B/Swd**, Flail* (SSS**)
    Kagain: Fighter (Bkr)/4; Splint Mail w/B/Axe*** & T/Axe**
    Eldoth: Bard/4; Chain Mail, Sh/Bow* & Brazers of Archery, Dgr* (Armor, Sleep, Mirror Image)

Having trouble posting images so I have updates I'm waiting to add...hope my PC doesn't take a dirt nap between now & the time I figure this out.

Don't know why it's so hard now. I stuck a note on another page searching for help. Not doing anything differently than I've ever done, computer is humming like a dream so will wait & see.

The post I made yesterday, I tried & tried & suddenly one 'popped in'. I've been trying since '0 Dark 30' this AM but no more have, 'popped-in'. CT
    I headed south on the South Beregost Road next. My lord Asmodeus is leading me to completely annihilate everything, everywhere I go before I move on. In this case, rather than staying to the road, I elected to reconnoiter the area w/my Berserker out front & my Bard w/his Short Bow & Bracers of Archery behind him. I began to the left of the road & headed east a short way, turning south before I was in Ulcaster, then headed south until I reached the area of the North Nashkel Road, then turned west again & clashed w/a small detachment, obviously from a larger group of Hobgoblins, which I crushed ruthlessly. As a result of that fight, my Herald & Bardincreased his talent level. From there we continued west toward the line that would have crossed us into the Red Canyons where we turned north again back toward Beregost. Twice more we battled small groups of a half-dozen Hobgoblins – the place is crawling w/’em. They all appear to be vanilla Hobgoblins but w/different colored garb it was apparent they were all from different tribes. My Herald & Bard is now also my Sage because he was able to tell from their colors that the three groups we battled were from the Ripper, Leg Breaker & Skull Smasher tribes respectfully. We also smashed a couple of bands of Gibberling’s in between & afterward. We were so loaded down, we started having to leave Bastard Swords behind that we could have sold. I returned to Beregost to lighten our load & rest.

On return, I continued staying left of the road but close enough that I encountered two Ogrillons which I destroyed easily enough w/support from my servants throwing Axes & Short Bow respectfully. One of them carried a message to a Mirianne from Roe. Not sure what happened to Roe but the ‘Halving he hired to carry it’ is taking a long dirt-nap courtesy of the Ogrillons. From there I continued south closer to the road & was accosted by three Flaming Fist Mercenaries & accused of being a Bandit. They actually spoke to my Berserker who told ‘em to take 50 gold & get lost. They attacked & I beat them down, securing three sets of Plate Mail & FF Helms. I took them back to Beregost to drop ‘em giving me five sets of Plate Mail & three FF Helms. I’ll need ‘em in case they fall apart like so much of the metal in this area courtesy the Iron Crisis (note: the Hard Times mod causes un-enchanted metal items to break b/c of the Iron Crisis mid game so keeping extras on hand is a regular habit of mine; I also have extra sets of Splint for Kagain & since his Axes are not enchanted he carries four of them so that when one breaks, he’s got a spare). On this encroachment, my Berserker had his Splint Mail fall apart in a battle w/Gibberling’s no less & got tore up pretty good & later at least one of his Axes fell apart. Still we killed three Ghouls & another group of Hobgoblins & picked up Boots of Stealth.

Key Event: My biggest & final challenge was near an old submerged house. The place was infested w/Ghasts & Ghouls. I counted at least a dozen, six of each. In addition there were two groups of Hobgoblins nearby which bled over into our battle to kill them. I lost my Berserker once & had to return to have him raised by that hypocrite Ormlyr Kelddath. I loaded him up w/Throwing Axes so he could keep his distance & returned to finish the deed. Finally, I was looking @ the last carcasses of Hobgoblins & Ghasts. We’d killed off the Ghouls on the last trip down.

Treasure of Note: Boots of Stealth (TBD);

Current Disposition: Resting @ the Red Sheaf

Next Steps: Continue toward Nashkel back through the South Beregost Road for the North Nashkel Road.

Level Up: My Herald & Bard is that much more talented now as a Racaraide (Bard/5) & selected Magic Missile as his 3rd memorized 1st Level.

Eldoth: Bard/5; Chain Mail, Sh/Bow* & Brazers of Archery, Dgr* (Armor, Sleep, Mirror Image)

I see the wisdom my lord & king Asmodeus displays in leading me this way in order that I might grow in strength & train my servants how to serve & most importantly, how to protect me. I realize my mission is direct from the 9th hell & my future is in his diabolically powerful hands & so I follow his leading southward to the area called the North Nashkel Road until he reveals once again my destination.

MORDRED CHARACTER RECORD BEGINNING CHAPTER 2

Once again, I headed east until I started heading into the Lonely Peaks. Then I turned us southward toward Nashkel. When I hit the Nashkel line I turned west again, negotiating low, rocky hills until we encounters three Ghouls. I must say, my Berserker Lieutenant & my Herald, Bard & Sage were effective w/their Throwing Axe & Short Bow respectfully. Continuing on, we encountered a couple of Hobgoblins w/Short Bows & poisoned arrows & then after a nights rest we battled a larger group of Hobgoblins, this group my Sage tells me were from the Flesh Render Tribe. When I finally reached the road again I collided w/four Bandits that were cut down easily, scalps & all. I continued west until I realized we were getting into Fisherman’s Lake area & then I steered us north again where I encountered Kobolds w/Short Swords, making quick work there.

HOBGOBLINS FROM THE 'FLESH RENDER' TRIBE RENDING FLESH NO MORE!

After a return to rest & drop off & sell some loot I returned, staying to the east as I explored more of the unexplored. There I knocked off a second or third group off Hobgoblins, this group having archers & infantry. Leaving there, I encountered four more Bandits a bit south of there & was, of course, victorious. I had to head back to drop off our loot again as we were already having to shift things around but I wanted to explore as much as possible as I headed back. On the way, I ran into a group of Flesh Render Hobgoblins & tore them up & then, going on further, more Gibberling’s before returning to Beregost. While there I sold my loot & picked up an Elixir of Health, three Potions of Healing & two Antidotes.

Again I returned to the North Nashkel Road where I finished up my work, completing my reconnoiter of the entire area as I have now done in Lion’s Way, Coast Way, FAI & South Beregost Road. More Hobgoblins & eight more Bandits & I headed into Nashkel @ the leading of my lord Asmodeus.

Key Event: None to speak of; I was pleased to reach Nashkel

Treasure of Note: Potion of Insight (TBD)

MORDRED INVENTORY BEGINNING CHPT 2 (sans four sets of Plate Mail & a couple of helms)

Current Disposition: Resting @ the Nashkel Inn* (I need to write about my welcome to this plce)

Next Steps: Familiarize w/Nashkel, then Nashkel Carnival

Level Up: None

Eldoth: Bard/5; Chain Mail, Sh/Bow* & Brazers of Archery, Dgr* (Armor, Sleep, Mirror Image)

Mods Used: HardTimes-v2; BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20; X0black101 (Blackguard); MegaModKits v1.01L; level1npcs-v1.9; bg2_tweaks-v14; R&omizer-v68; scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)

Small update.

Malakai and her group cleared the Vale of Shadows, but did not find the evil that was threatening Kuldahar. However, they did get some nice items, especially for helping an evil spirit deal with an Aurilite.

Lysan had mind controlled Malakai, and Nella was basically healing the whole group single-handedly.

Current Party:
    Malakai - Cleric/Ranger - 4/4
    Holvir - Paladin - 5
    Teri - Fighter/Thief - 4/5
    Nella - Fighter < Druid - 3 < 5
    Korin - Ranger - 5
    Severn - Bard - 6

Current Deaths:
    Malakai - 0
    Holvir - 4
    Teri - 1
    Nella - 1
    Korin - 0
    Severn - 0

Notes: I decided to add a death counter, and dualing Nella to druid was a good idea.
    Another Update.

The group cleared out the Temple of the Forgotten God. However, their worst fear had made itself clear. The Heartstone Gem was not there. So, the group went back to Arundel. Arundel had decided that the best thing to do was to go to Dragon's Eye, and find the Talonites that taken the Heartstone Gem.

Current Party:
    Malakai - Cleric/Ranger - 5/4
    Holvir - 5
    Teri - Fighter/Thief - 4/5
    Nella - Fighter < Druid - 3 < 6
    Korin - Ranger - 5
    Severn - Bard - 6

Reloads - 0

Current Deaths:
    Malakai - 0
    Holvir - 4
    Teri - 2
    Nella - 1
    Korin - 0
    Severn - 0
    @ SapphireIce: Looks like a fun game. I learned to play this game on IWD. How cool! I'm sure you've got all the mods included so that it's an even better game now. I'll have to try that again. Good to see you on the board - it's been a while. CT
    edited March 2014
    Key Event: Praise Asmodeus! He brought me victory over another assassin as I entered the Nashkel Inn. I cast my Aura of Despair, Doom & Harm before charging in to destroy my enemy. She was casting a spell & wearing Armor of Missile Attraction +2 (sucks to be her). My Berserker went Beserk & my Herald, Bard & Sage cast a Magic Missile before switching to Arrows of Ice (which are especially effective against Armor of Missile Attraction +2. When I touched her w/Harm it finished her off. I do have to say that have assembled a superior group of followers who performed well these last few days. I think I’ll keep them close. Still, I give the glory to Asmodeus alone & have no doubt that the cursed armor came to my attacker by his diabolical hand.

ASMODEUS CURSED MY OPPONENT W/ARMOR OF MISSILE ATTRACTION - IT'S GREAT TO HAVE A LORD IN LOW PLACES...NINE LEVEL DEEP IN NESSUS!

After beating her like a mangy dog, I went to Temple of Helm. Finally at least, I can get away from that hypocrite Ormlyr & his Temple of the Morning – still Helm is not a friend of my lord either. I bought 16 Potions of Healing for my needs as necessary. I decided to look around, become familiar w/the town. My Herald, Bard & Sage approached a warrior in Plate Mail who was talking to a hamster & asking us to come help him rescue someone named Dynahier. I guess he didn’t like the response, “It’s not my problem…” & went off swinging a Two-Handed Sword. I cast Poisoned Weapon while My Berserker attacked flingin’ axes everywhere like a maniac. My Herald, Bard & Sage cast a Magic Missile then pulled out his Short Bow. We killed the guy & I claimed my fifth set of extra Plate Mail, grabbed a Two-Handed Sword & a good Helm. I’ve been in town only a short time & killed two people. Asmodeus has to be proud & will certainly increase my power soon.

I tried to find those worms Montaron & Xzar in town but couldn’t find hide not hair of them. Even checked the Belching Dragon where I thought I’d find them wasting time instead of being productive. I get the sense they’re worm food now. Shouldn’t go bailing on your lord, especially one that serves Asmodeus. Serve them right my lord teleported an Erinyes to the Material plane to assassinate them as soon as they got out of my sight. Ha! I know he favors me & their slight is to their detriment, however he paid them their dues for leaving my service.

To show me his favor, he placed a Conjurer just outside the door of the Belching Dragon when I had just decided I’d have to work w/o a mage. What’s better I sense he is of the only true alignment. I’ll check that out later when I’m able but until now I’ve got a Conjurer, although it appears I am going to have to assert my authority forcefully to get him to realize where he stands here in my company.

Treasure of Note: Armor of Missile Attraction +2 (sold); Helm of Infravision (sold); Pearl (sold); Ring of Energy (Edwin)

Current Disposition: Resting @ the Nashkel Inn

Next Steps: I’m lead to the Carnival just outside of Nashkel

Level Up: None; Edwin joined as a Mage/Conjurer/4

Current Party: (Reputation: 6 (+1*) (Disliked) *Gave 200gp back to some Oublek character who mistaked me
    for someone named Greywolf - sometimes I detest the Lawful part of my Evil

Eldoth: Bard/5; Chain Mail, Sh/Bow* & Brazers of Archery, Dgr* (Arm, Slp, MM, Mir Img)
    Edwin: Mage(Cjr/4) (Arm, Grease x2, Ch Per,Lar MD,MelfAA x2,PW Slp,Web)

edited March 2014
    I, Black Guard of Asmodeus, was next led from Nessus east of Nashkel, to a carnival outside of town. There promised to be vendors of very type here & I wanted to know what they offered. I have little use for frivolity but information I can use & the gossip here is likely to yield just that. Typically, I don’t march straight to my destination but reconnoiter in a clockwise motion, always preferring left, & work my way to my objective. I destroy everything in my path as I do so – once again it’s the wisdom of Asmodeus guiding me to ensure that once I do reach my objective, I will not be surprised by something or someone that was residing nearby.

I headed us north until we started to head into the Lonely Peaks & then I turned us east. As we crossed east to west north of the actual carnival we obliterated a band of Kobolds w/the usual short swords & a few gold coins each; danced w/ a couple of Ogres until we separated & killed them yielding Two-handed Swords & then ran into yet another, & then still another similar band of Kobolds which we dispatched. My Mage/Bard & Sage tells me they are all from the same warband based on their distinctive colors. I turned us south again after we reached the trails that led toward the Valley of the Tombs. I turned west again from there & headed back in the direction of Nashkel where my Herald, Bard & Sage spoke w/some vendors. I decided to add an Illusionist that was travelling alone. I like the idea of multiple mages w/different spell types keeping my foes off balance.

Key Event: On entering one tent, I stumbled on two mages, one threatening to kill the other. I don’t even recall what my Berserker said, but in an instant the second mage was dead & the first attacked. My Berserker want berserk & started swingin’ his dual-Battle Axes but was hit once, maybe twice, w/Melf’s Acid Arrow. My Conjuror cast Melf’s Acid Arrow, Power Word Sleep & Larloch’s Minor Drain before casting Armor on himself & attacking w/his staff. My Illusionist cast Blindness, successfully blinding my opponent & then started flinging Sling Stones @ him. My Bard, Herald & Sage cast Magic Missile & then Armor on himself & then started popping off his Poison Arrows. In the meantime I cast Aura of Despair, Doom, Larloch’s Minor Drain & then Harm which all found their mark. At one point, my Berserker, was taking serious damage from Melf’s Acid Arrow so as I approached to attack w/my Harm spell I handed him one of my Elixir’s of Health & that stopped his decent - can't afford to lost my Lieutenant. By now, my servants were wailing away on him but it seems one of my Bard, Herald & Sage’s Poison Arrow finished the deed.

GOOD OLE FASHIONED SOUTHERN FAERUN BUTT-KICKIN!

I followed that up w/ a masterful stroke against a Rogue calling himself Vitiare who tried to steal gold from my company. Instantly, everyone reacted to stop him. My Bard, Herald & Sage fired one of his Poison Arrows straight into his shoulder just above his heart where the poison dripped quickly into his bloodstream; My Illusionist whipped a Sling stone square into Vitiare’s left eye socket & as the ‘Master Thief’ reeled my Berserker sliced him with a Battle Axe straight through his right shoulder into his chest. One ‘Master Thief’ less in the realms.

MASTER THIEF MY ACHIN' BUTT!

I sense Asmodeus, my lord requiring my name of me. No longer an I Mordred. I am The Black Guard of Asmodeus! My Bard, Herald & Sage is my Herald & spokesman & is sworn to protect my identity.

Treasure of Note: Potion of Heroism, Absorption (Black Guard of Asmodeus), Agility (Berserker), Master Thievery (Bard, Herald & Sage); Knaves Robe (Conjuror); Mage Robe of Electrical Resistance (Illusionist)

Current Disposition: Camping & resupplying @ the Nashkel carnival

Next Steps: I, Black Guard of Asmodeus, am led west of Nashkel TBD

Level Up: None; Quayle joined @ Mage/Illusionist/4

Current Party: (Reputation: 6 - Disliked)
    Black Guard of Asmodeus: Fighter (Blk Gd)/4; Plate Mail w/Lg Shld, +1 B/Swd**, Flail* (SSS**)
    Eldoth: Bard/5; Chain Mail, Sh/Bow* & Brazers of Archery, Dgr* (Arm,Slp,MM,Mir Img)
    Edwin: Mage(Cjr/4); Knaves Rove & Q/Staff* (Arm, Grease x2, Ch Per,Lar MD,MelfAA x2,PW Slp,Web)
    Quayle: Mage(Ill/4); Mage Rove of FR, Slg* & Dgr (Ref Img, Blind x2,MM,Blur,Inv,Mir Img)

I have a question. my Bard has the 'Thieving' ability on his quick actions bar but what can a Bard do. Obviously he is able to do somethings b/c when I put a Potion of Master Thievery in his pack it isn't dulled out but then again, if I try to get him to open a lock, it doesn't appear he can do so. His KIT description doesn't really provide a clue & neither does the information in his character record. CT
    @CharlestonianTemplar‌ - The only thief skill that a bard gets is Pick Pockets.
    edited March 2014
    I, Black Guard of Asmodeus, followed the leading I sensed from the 9th Hell westward from Nashkel which ended up leading to the area around a Xvart Village well protected in a rocky area that may well have once been a volcano. As always, I led my company south to until we hit Bear River & then westward more until we neared it again. We followed a rocky ridge back to the east until we turned north & ran into the Xvart Village. My Berserker went berserk & started wading into about 30 of them knee deep. I cast Aura of Despair & did the same. My Bard, Herald & Sage started firing arrows from his Short Bow until he was attacked & wounded & cast Armor on himself. The two mages cast protective spells on themselves during this part of the battle but stayed back as we had this thing in hand. But just as we started looting the 30 or so dead carcasses we were attacked by the Xvart leader who called upon a huge Cave Bear to aid him & another 30 or so Xvarts. My Berserker & I continued knocking off Xvarts while my Bard, Herald & Sage used his Short Bow & Poison Arrows on the Cave Bear. My Conjuror** popped the Cave Bear with Melf’s Magic Arrow but still the Cave Bear kept coming. Once I saw that my Berserker had the Xvarts in hand I used my Poison Weapon ability & turned to finish the Cave Bear. He was wounded when I got there but still managed to hit me w/those massive paws. But the Cave Bear met its match & in short order we were collecting the gold & gems they were carrying.

Key Event: Asmodeus is king! After a nights rest to replenish spells & heal our scratches we moved westward again away from the Xvart Village. As we were marching, we were approached by a man offering to sell us potions & scrolls & the like. I can’t remember which of my company spoke to him as I’m writing here, quill & parchment, by our campfire & everyone is asleep except my Conjuror** who’s sitting on a rock studying his spellbook. It’s not really relevant b/c the salesman was basically told that we’ll just take what he’s got & forget his fee. He was quick to return the challenge & the fight was on. My Berserker went berserk & smashed an axe in to him quickly. But…my Conjuror’s** Melf’s Acid Arrow & my Bard, Herald & Sage’s Magic Missile & my Illusionists** Blindness spell were all ineffective as I realized I was dealing w/a cat w/magic resistance. I suddenly felt a sense of dread that maybe I/my company were in trouble. I called them to separate ourselves from him & asked my Conjuror** to see if we could hang him up in a Web spell. It worked but didn’t keep him from blasting my Bard, Herald & Sage w/a Magic Missile to which he immediately responded by quaffing a Potion of Healing & then started firing Poison Arrows from his Short Bow. My thinking was that, knowing Kagain had landed a blow w/his battle Axe, that we could pick him apart w/arrows, Sling Stones & Throwing Axes while he was stuck in the Web. I knew he’d still be able to cast spells but I was well equipped w/Potions of Healing & Antidotes & personally w/Elixir’s of Health. My enemy turned his attention to my Berserker Lieutenant & blasted him twice w/Magic Missiles. My Lieutenant was injured & trying to quaff Potions of Healing. Then my enemy moved out of the Web so my Conjuror** cast Grease to slow him down again. If I could do it again, I’d not call for that spell but it was there & we were all equally affected by it. I decided that any protections from weapons he’s cast on himself had probably worn out while he was in the Web so I decided to join my Berserker Lieutenant & melee w/the foe. My Bastard sword +1 hit immediately & again after that & then my Berserker Lieutenant finished him despite being severely wounded. He immediately quaffed a Potion of Healing b/c we both knew his berserk state was about to wear off. He did so in time. I’d defeated my third tough foe w/o losing a member of my company in just a few days, i.e. Zordral, Vititare & Borda.

From there I continued exploring the remainder of the area in the vicinity of the Xvart Village killing more Xvarts as I went but pretty much overloaded w/more Short Swords than the company could carry but able to collect the gold, gems & jewels, dropping a Short Sword in deference to any of the former. As I was heading back east to go to Nashkel for a few days of rest, I stumbled on a cave that contained another Cave Bear, this one a bit of a pushover & I pushed her over to the land of the dead.

Treasure of Note: Short Sword +1 (Bard, Herald & Sage); Quarter Staff +1 (Conjuror); Potion of Fire Resistance (party)

Current Disposition: Resting in Nashkel, resupplying.

Next Steps: I, Black Guard of Asmodeus, am being led in the same westerly direction to cross the Bear River.

Level Up: I knew my success was pleasing to my lord in Baator! Asmodeus made his Black Guard Level 5 & granted me a 2nd Poison Weapon ability.

Current Party: (Reputation: 6 - Disliked)
    Black Guard of Asmodeus: Fighter (Blk Gd)/5; Plate Mail w/Lg Shld, +1 B/Swd**, Flail* (SSS**)
    Eldoth: Bard/5; Chain Mail, Sh/Bow* & Brazers of Archery, Dgr* (Arm,Slp,MM,Mir Img)
    Edwin: Mage(Cjr/4); Knaves Rove & Q/Staff* (Arm, Grease x2, Ch Per,Lar MD,MelfAA x2,PW Slp,Web)
    Quayle: Mage(Ill/4); Mage Rove of FR, Slg* & Dgr (Ref Img, Blind x2,MM,Blur,Inv,Mir Img)

** Self-imposed restriction: I require my mages to ALWAYS select spells from their school to learn & memorize in spell slots. They can use others, only one of each from other schools, but after writing all the spells they can for their intelligence, if they find one from their own school, they have to choose one to remove in deference to the spell from their school. Same w/memorization, they must learn spells from their school first before others which I only allow them to learn one of. Any extra memorized spell slots have to go to spells from their school. Bards & plain vanilla Mages aren’t restricted in this way.
    Been a while since I updated anything - I've been fooling with some new BGEE runs with SCS but none of them has really drawn me in so far - it has been a bit more challenging but not enough to put me off - my latest group is an M CN Elf bow-fighter called Porquey (as in porcupine - as in enemies with arrow ridden corpses). ;-)

He is a surly fellow leading with his bow from the rear with Dorn & Viccy at the front , followed by Imoen, Quayle, and Edwin. They just finished Nashkel Mines and everyone is about level 3 (Imoen is 4 - Quayle 3/2).

The group performs well with Viccy (Stupifier) tanking with Dorn (she's at -6 AC with ankeg plate and +1 small shield) and everyone else providing ranged support and/or spellcasting - it's mostly worked out bloodier than we hoped and I think we only have 1 reload at this point (but I forget where).

Deep in the mine (trapped level) Imoen used an invisibilty potion and scouted ahead for kobolds and traps with Porquey a few steps behind her one shotting the kobolds as they appeared - very effective even with the SCS tactical improvements.

Haven't decided yet where they will go next - they have taken down Tranzig and are standing outside Feldposts about to choose between exploring/leveling or going right on to the bandit camp.

Some other interesting concepts I've fooled with in BGEE fairly recently are:

A 6 PC group I call Coven - made up of a Beserker 3->Druid, an Avenger, a Shapeshifter, a Totemic druid, a Beastmaster 2 -> Cleric and a Fighter/thief for locks and traps. Fun concept but 6 PCs with no banter gets sort of boring before long.

A similar group with a Beserker ->Druid, Avenger, Totemic druid, Archer, Stalker, & Swashbuckler.

A 3 PC/3 NPC group with Dragon Disciple, Ranger/cleric, & Skald currently at bottom of Nashkel mines with Imoen, Sharteel, and Viccy. The R/C died just before the entrance to the last level so they probably need to go raise him before continuing to Mulahey battle.

An Elf Assasin currently with Imoen, Xzar, Monty, and Eldoth that has failed 3 times to get past that pesky Tarnesh at FAI (a bit more difficult with SCS) - we actually killed him once but the secondary damage from acid arrow kicked in and killed my elf before he could suck down a potion...

A PC trio of Human F Skald, M Half-orc F/C, and M Half-elf Druid currently at FAI with Imoen.

Yesterday I decided I needed a BG2 fix again so I grabbed Stubby and Co (who had finished the Planar Sphere in their last episode) and we went to the Temple district and did the short version of the Eye, cleared the main sewer area, started the Sarles quest, took out Mencar & pals at Seven Veils, and as we finished up Jan's first quest started.

Stubby is traveling with Viccy (romance), Jahiera, Valygar, Jan (until Imoens back), and Angelo (mod) - Angelo has been quite good with the only issue so far being some volume issues with his banter that can be annoying - otherwise very well done NPC mod.

Now I am considering adding SCS to BG2EE and see how that goes. Of course I may need to start a new group to "test" that out once it's installed LOL.

Perhaps a "Coven" group of druids and rangers with Jahs, Cernd, Minsc, Valygar, Imoen-Jan, led by??? Dragon Disciple?
    R/C?
    Archer?
    decisions decisions... ;-)

@Wanderon‌ - Ranger/Cleric! I've actually considered playing my beastmaster with a "Coven" of Rangers and druids, and a certain bear.

A tiny update.

The party had cleared Dragon's Eye level 1. Holvir had a couple of deaths, same with Teri, but that's the price one pays for being a front-liner. After freeing the people on level one, and defeating the lizard king, Holvir was reminded of an event when he was a young child in Waterdeep. Malakai also told Holvir that if he needed someone to talk to that she would be there to listen.

Korin also made a comment when the party had found Erevain's body. Malakai was deeply saddened by the tragic loss, even though she was only half-elf.

Current Party:
    Malakai - Cleric/Ranger - 5/5
    Holvir - Paladin - 6
    Teri - Fighter/Thief - 5/5
    Nella - Fighter < Druid - 3 < 6
    Korin - Ranger - 6
    Severn - Bard - 6

Current Deaths:
    Malakai - 0
    Holvir - 7
    Teri - 4
    Nella - 1
    Korin - 0
    Severn - 0

Note: I really don't like Dragon's Eye. So, I don't know how long it'll take for me to finish it. ;P