Skip to content

Decoding Twitters!!!

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited July 2012
    28 Jun 06:39

Dave Gross‏@frabjousdave

I continue add NPC interjections to new content for ‪#BGEE‬. Which of the BG1 NPCs do you want to hear from most often?

and then
    28 Jun 09:55
    Dave Gross‏@frabjousdave

Just finished adding a new line of dialogue for each of this morning's ‪#BGEE‬ NPC requests. Let's do it again next week.

neat eh? I think the requested NPCs were Minsc and Garrick
  • YorleenYorleen Member Posts: 150
    That's cool! :) I definitely want to hear more from Minsc! :) And from Imoen as well... (Well, I'd say for all of the NPCs but if I'd got to choose....)
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I requested Yeslick myself. I love me some grumpy dwarves.
  • SterlingArcherSterlingArcher Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2012
    Trent Oster @TrentOster
    The system still works fine with weidu style mods, for us, it works better to have multiple tlk spaces for our new content

Yay!
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    I requested Imoen, Dynaheir and Safana to Dave Gross. This week, I'm gonna request Edwin and Xan ;-)
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

We are still planning on shipping the title this summer (before the end of September). These is still a fair bit of work outstanding.

21h Trent Oster Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

We are still trying to get a contract together around a boxed collectors edition. Things are moving very slow. Might take a long while
  • SaberstormSaberstorm Member Posts: 60
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

We are still planning on shipping the title this summer (before the end of September). These is still a fair bit of work outstanding.

21h Trent Oster Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

We are still trying to get a contract together around a boxed collectors edition. Things are moving very slow. Might take a long while
    that's great news
    Trent posted: "All will be clear in the near future. We're just trying to finish up a good summary of our plans. Then we need to get it approved. Sigh."

This approvement thing seems to be the main issue...
    edited July 2012
    Are you an artist and would like to work on BGEE??

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster 4 July 2012

The #bgee team is looking for some area art help: http://www.overhaulgames.com/jobs.html Join our merry band of developers to make the awesome that is #bgee
  • The_ZealotThe_Zealot Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2012
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster 7/6/12

#bgee will be available from the Beamdog site, the Mac App store and iTunes/App store for iPad

Good news but the question is WHEN!!!

#bgee will launch on Beamdog and the App stores. It will not launch on steam or gog.

Boxed copy is currently in business deal limbo. Last time in limbo it took 14 months to do a deal.
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

We have a plan for no client, just a #bgee launcher to check for updates which we hope to be frequent.

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

Netbook-wise it should work quite well. We don't have any net books, so I can't be 100% on that.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950

Boxed copy is currently in business deal limbo. Last time in limbo it took 14 months to do a deal.
    I have my original manual & an original strategy guide (complete with bolo map) for BG1. Yea baby, I'm prepared.

Aw, I hope the deal won't take this long... Was all excited about getting myself a collector boxed BGEE... :(
  • norolimnorolim Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2012
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
    #bg2ee‬ will be in 2013. We have no plans to put the game on gog.

So, correct me, if I'm wrong but looks like we are back to square one: we are stuck with Beamdog only DRM release for PC :( Too bad.
    Aw, I hope the deal won't take this long... Was all excited about getting myself a collector boxed BGEE... :(
    Me too. I suggested a preliminary online market research to determine how many boxed copies they'd sell at a given price point, to see whether this helped.
    @AndreaColombo That's a good idea and allowing forms on the forum could be very helpful for this and a quick way to do this market study :)
    11 Jul 12 Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

We've had some approval hiccups which have stalled our updates. As well, we've been focusing on work and enhancing ‪#baldursgate
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster 13h ago

We've had some approval hiccups which have stalled our updates. As well, we've been focusing on work and enhancing ‪#baldursgate

By the way, do we have an estimate on when we will know more about the list of enhancements happening in BG:EE? Trent said it was waiting approval and "some time in july (?)"
  • SkinnyDSkinnyD Member Posts: 28
    A BGEE Collectors Edition box would be something worth salivating over. How else could I get my greedy paws on a Collectors Edition Giant Miniature Space Hamster Bobblehead? Maybe it will come packaged with a pink, plastic, crystal shard that summons tiny, plush kobolds. Perhaps there will be a leather bound game manual that raises your charisma when opened? I'll stop before I descend into wanton speculation. But I'd still pay a pretty penny for a Collectors Edition to sit on my shelf.
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster 13h ago

By the way, do we have an estimate on when we will know more about the list of enhancements happening in BG:EE? Trent said it was waiting approval and "some time in july (?)"
    Apparently they did not get approval - yet - and can't say much until they do. Back to the drawing board a bit I guess for the team to revise what they are offering as what they are going to do.

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    God damnit Mr. Oster. Release a boxed edition and I'll buy 40 of them. If money if what you want I'll line your bath in solid gold, just so you and the nice license men don't get sad.
  • BKattBKatt Member Posts: 11
    Perhaps steam would be a good choice, if there isnt too much hassle with it ?
    The user amount on steam is huge, and i know of no easier place to buy a game fast and get playing it.
    edited July 2012
    Give us that boxed edition, already!
    13 Jul 12 Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

We're going to tread lightly with changes to the reputation system, but we have plans to tone back the guard "freak out" on evil parties.
  • SkinnyDSkinnyD Member Posts: 28
    13 Jul 12 Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

We're going to tread lightly with changes to the reputation system, but we have plans to tone back the guard "freak out" on evil parties.
    While butchering guards for the sake of pilfering their swag was an initially enjoyable experience, it did become dull after every area transition or rest preceded a new gaggle of Flaming Fist drones.

I did find it an enjoyably challenging level of difficulty when playing BG2 (with some difficulty mods) as an "evil" character. More often than not, area transitions would provoke the Cowled Wizards into sending legions of their minions out on parade. The mages would cast Horrid Wilting so many times that I felt like a slug in a salt mine. The guards, however, were mercilessly gibbed.

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

"I've recruited Khalid and Jaheira many times. She always sound so upset when Khalid fails to return from a naked solo scouting mission"

ahh... It always ends up that way :)

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster 6:18, 19. jul

Can I say soon for and update on #bgee? Or have we overused that too much ;-) We hate the quiet as much as you.

Woow !! :O)
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    If I see a boxed version in a shop, I'll just go and buy them all. And keep them closed in a safe... like a good fan... yesssssss.... :D