Skip to content

Fanart Contest Round III: Ust Natha Portraits (UPDATE: Winners Announced!)

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    @Nonnahswriter - not sure if it's that good, but thank you :) If you like Yoshimo, you may want to try my Yoshimo Romance for BG2 :) You can find it at TeamBG.CoM :)
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    @Syntia this is amazing! :)
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    edited February 2013

@Nonnahswriter - not sure if it's that good, but thank you :) If you like Yoshimo, you may want to try my Yoshimo Romance for BG2 :) You can find it at TeamBG.CoM :)

XD It was meant to be good! It is a lovely picture. :)

And @Syntia is wonderful, as always. :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    @Syntia13
    That drow Imoen looks amazing !
    And the background you used there is waaaay better than the one on Keldorn's pic (it looked too "sharp", too "photograph")
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Anyone else prefer the Drow versions to the originals?
  • GreatmasterBGreatmasterB Member Posts: 12

Anyone else prefer the Drow versions to the originals?

Yes, I do. But having 6 Drow in your party would lower your reputation by 12 . :)

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited March 2013
    I could live with that. My 20 reputation at the end would be much more rewarding:)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    @Syntia13 Oh yes! Beautiful eyes!!! *__*
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @Syntia13 i really hope you intend to make a whole npc pack for this occasion. they look great! you already have one customer that would use this in-game! (now we just need to fing someone to make a short drow portrait-change mod for it).
  • wildwild Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2013
    @Syntia13 your edits are amazing

Edit: all of them
  • EleutherosEleutheros Member Posts: 70
    @Syntia13 Drow-Nalia's hair looks amazing! That one is my favourite so far, but they are all great! I can't wait to play BG2EE and switch the portraits when the disguise is in place : )
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    To all the contributors/artists in this topic: Your artworks are AMAZING! I love ALL of them! I wish I had your skills! I'm really anxious to see who will win this round. All artists prove to be a good 'match' for each other in terms of skills and creativity. Keep up the good work, guys and gals! :)
  • geniegenie Member Posts: 12
    @LavaDelVortel Holy crap, your Haer'Dalis looks awesome. I'm tempted to replace his ingame portrait with that one right now...he just looks so much better as a drow! :D
  • AzimnAzimn Member Posts: 24
    Genie's Haer'Dalis is by far my favourite I love how he captured the essence of the character but created a whole new piece. While the recoloring/ paint overs are really quite nice I really love the fresh new look. It kind of reminds me of the Icewind Dale portraits in a way, though I am not sure why...
    @genie thanks :) He looks more evil but -- hey! he's an actor, no? ;) I'm sure he would know how to act like a real drow. And he's more slim with a mane with white hair :D
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Syntia13 Unfortunately, the last one was submitted after the deadline in the first post. A jury member should have posted at that point; I'm sorry. :(
    Yep, but maybe she just wanted to share :) I was starting the work on Jan, too, but that may be difficult, huh ^^
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    For the Readers' Choice award, we're going to be doing something a little different. Since we have five contestants and 26 entries, more than half of which are from a single person, previous polling methods are not going to work well.

So here's what we've decided: Everyone who is neither a contestant nor a jury member can nominate up to three of their favorite entries in this topic. Just post the character name and artist for each. After three days, the top nominations will go up in a single poll to decide the winner. Keep in mind that as stated in the rules and OP, portraits submitted after the deadline and of NPCs who are already drow may not be chosen.

Nominate away!
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    edited March 2013
    It was really difficult, so many very good entries.

I would go with these:
    Isandir: Jan Jansen
    Isandir: Edwin
    Syntia13: Imoen

[Spoiler]Though these also made my - very strict - top list:

Syntia13: Jaheira
    LavaDelVortel: Mazzy
    Isandir: Keldorn (this one is amazing!)
    Isandir: Valigar[/Spoiler]
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    Jan Jansen by Isandir
    Nalia by Synthia13
    Aerie by Isandir
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    edited March 2013
    Isandir's Aerie was fantastic
    Isandir's Jan Jansen as well

I'm torn between Synthia's Haer'Dalis or Jan Jansen (who gave me nightmares, thanks). However, due to the tardiness of the latter (and because the former looks like he should be a new NPC alltogether), Synthia's Haer'dalis as my final vote in the top three!

All pictures in this thread have been amazing, much respect for Isandir's prolific work and everyone's amazing editing skills!
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    LavaDelVortel - Haer'Dalis
    Isandir - Jan Jansen
    Syntia - Imoen

I picked these both because I thought they were well done and because they were quite interesting transformations of the characters. Well done by all!