Skip to content

Fanart Contest Round III: Ust Natha Portraits (UPDATE: Winners Announced!)

Comments

• Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @mlnevese does my portrait here do it for you? ;)
    @Isandir You are my Portrait GOD good sir (or ma'am :p)
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    @Aedan, @Akerhon, @AHF, @JosefineS: Thank you! These kinds of portraits are fun to make, and I'm glad you like the results.

@Akerhon, @Drugar: I agree that elven features are generally more refined. My goal is this case, however, was to stick as close as possible to the originals in order to allow them to be seamlessly integrated into the game. This obviously wasn't possible in respect to facial hair, but my thought was that just as in any race, there must be some ugly drow... :) (Uthegentel is who I was thinking of... http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Uthegentel_Del'Armgo)

I'll hopefully be able to post Mazzy later today and Cernd either tomorrow or the day after to complete the set. I may also change Viconia's portrait just to have her fit better with the others.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Bhaaldog, too sexy to display, eh? I'll leave it to someone else to say 'that.' No doubt someone else will.
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    edited February 2013
    @KidCarnival beautiful portraits :)
    (a little note: drow race do not have a beard and mustache, like common elves)
    This may be useful - Drow of the Underdark - Drow vary in shape, features, and hair color as greatly as humans do. The only exception to this rule is their uniformly jet-black skin (the few exceptions tend to be bone-white albinos).
    The majority of drow have snow-white hair from birth, yellowing (if female) or graying (if male) and thinning with great age. Rare drow have naturally silver or copper-hued hair, although there are those who deliberately dye their hair silver.
    Most drow have red eyes. Others have green, brown, or black. Various shades of gray, even amber and rose-hued eyes are not unknown. All drow eyes tend to grow redder when they are angry or upset.
    Yellow eyes usually denote illness, disease, poisoning, or the presence of certain detrimental magics.
    Blue and purple (and all the tints thereof) are the most unusual eye colors, and usually denote human or surfaceelven blood somewhere in the drow’s ancestry. Drow teeth may be black, white, or purple, and their gums, tongues, and throats pink, red, or purple.
    Drow females tend to be bigger and stronger than males. Both sexes tend to be lithe, slim, and graceful in build,
    features, and movements, much as other elves appear to human eyes
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Yeah, but Edwin looks stupid without beard. I already removed the hood and assumed hair and added thayan tattooes. Without the beard, it could be pretty much everyone. :/
    Bhaaldog said:

@Isandir what program (and on which platform) do you use to produce your artwork?

@Bhaaldog: I use Photoshop CS6, though I've also made and edited portraits in earlier versions. I always have it running on my desktop with a standard mouse and keyboard. I'm a long-time PC gamer, so that arrangement has always felt most comfortable for me in respect to anything tech-related.

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Mazzy's hair is perfect - that's my favourite one so far.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @Isandir very, very good!

i really like you did the whole NPC collection it can be actually used in-game. :)

my ONLY comment goes to the coloring of the eyes, they seem to be too glow(y) or blurry (color going too far into the skin area and lacking defined pupil).

and just to make it clear, i can't resist criticizing because i think they are good work.
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    @Isandir You can really tell you've put the work in on the challenges of Edwin, Korgan, Jan and Mazzy. Those 4 are all brilliant, much better than the more basic transformations.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @Jalily
    Jalily said:

This hasn't been an issue for this round yet, but please submit all entries in BMP format. I've added a note to the OP.

I've got a problem with that. :( Neither DevArt nor Photobucket allow uploads of BMP files - they automatically convert them to jpg and png, respectively. Where can I upload my pics as BMPs?

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Syntia13, you can attach the files here on the forum. There should be a link labelled "Attach a file," just under the comment box.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
    edited February 2013
    Is it possible to edit attachements? Because I modified my Jaheira, but it seems I can only delete the attachements, I don't think I can reupload the bitmaps... for now, I just included two versions of the same portrait as an alternative for the problem - it was already there in her original BioWare portrait :) The fixed lips is kind of alternative version, if her lips appear in your nightmares.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @LavaDelVortel If you want one of the moderators can delete your other post and you can create a new post with your intended entry.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Too much awesome portraits in this thread. My nose is bleeding XD
    Syntia13 said:

@Isandir huh, now I feel kind of... copycat-ish? But I really need to start with Viconia. Hope you don't mind? :)

@Syntia13: No worries. The more, the merrier in my mind. I admired your work long before I started making portraits myself, so it's nice to be counted among the ranks now.

@SwordsNotWords: Thanks! Korgan in particular was difficult to make, as the spiky duergar hair just wasn't working at first. I had to replicate patches of it and blend it all together to make it work.

@trinit: Thank you! In the case of the duergar, I just stuck to lore, which specifies that they have dull, pupil-less eyes. (I didn't want to make them entirely blank, however, as it looked a bit odd.) Looking back at the drow, I think I did go overboard with Minsc and Valygar. The glowing eyes look less like glowing eyes and more like purple eyeliner...

• Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Synthia13: I like your recoloring of Viconia, but I think the colours used in the clothing are too bright. The Underdark is a dark place and thus dark colours such as purple, black, deep red and dark brown are used most. Just a few thoughts. :)
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    @LavaDelVortel Your... Your Yoshimo brought tears both joyful and saddening to my eyes, good sir... *sniffs* Bravo, friend, bravo...