Skip to content

The Anime Thread

Comments

• TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    I'd have to post a few more times to get to the next page, but I don't want to get tagged for spamming.
    That's weird, now that it's one the next page, all seems to be working fine with the previous page.
    I wonder if it was just me who got the FUBARED page which stopped at my post.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I don't think it was this page, I was having problems with the whole site.
    Well that's good to know, at least it wasn't just me.
    It was like all the CSS wasn't working, and it stopped at my earlier post on the previous page so I figured it was the new BBCode post coding was messing it up.

Glad it's working again though.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-04-04/re-zero-starting-life-in-another-world-anime-listed-with-25-episodes/.100658

Right on!

Watched the first episode and rather enjoyed it.
    It's kind of like a cross between last season Konosuba and Edge of Tomorrow/All You Need Is Kill.

• GozetaGozeta Member Posts: 105
    My current top 5 favorite anime:
    1) Ushio and Tora: Reminds me a lot of the old anime back in the 90's.
    2) God Eater: The animation is superb. I'd also recommend the video game.
    3) Bleach: Just because I like to keep things clean. ^.^
    4) Fairy Tail: It makes me shed man tears.
    5) Sword Art Online: I'm always good for a classic damsel in distress plot line.
  • KcoQuidamKcoQuidam Member Posts: 181
    Top 5 for me:

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun
    Natsume Yuujinchou
    Mushishi
    Haibane Renmei
    Persona 4 The Animation (but i'm a game fan)
    I'm so addicted to the Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- ED currently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkjaDJNx5xY

• GozetaGozeta Member Posts: 105
    edited April 2016
    I'm enjoying this series again! It was a long recap they did, for those who have not watched the 2 movies: Battle of Gods and Resurrection ‘F’. Now 4 days and counting to see how this King of Everything character will play out.
    I can't wait for the next adventures of Goku and his gang.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    I am really enjoing dragonball super. And while waiting I am re-watching dragonball Kai.

These days I only use my PC to watch Dragonball and play the EE's.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited April 2016
    Oh I see lists of top 5 animes, mine goes

1. Nanatsu no Taizai

2. One Piece

3. Katanagatari

4. Samurai Champloo

5. One Punch Man
    Post edited by SmilingSword on
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    SethDavis said:

...why is it out of print?

Because Aniplex has been playing hardball with their titles for quite some time now.
    Which is why Aniplex of America has the license for the Anohana movie and not NISA.

It's still available to watch on CR though.
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anohana-the-flower-we-saw-that-day

Watch Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- on CrunchyRoll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvhgOe9BY5A
    Natsuki Subaru, an ordinary high school student, is on his way home from the convenience store when he finds himself transported to another world. As he's lost and confused in a new world where he doesn't even know left from right, the only person to reach out to him was a beautiful girl with silver hair. Determined to repay her somehow for saving him from his own despair, Subaru agrees to help the girl find something she's looking for...

I've been rather enjoying this series, so I figured I'd make a post on it.

• AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    With absolutely no insult meant to you and your tastes, I must confess that my eyes glaze over every time I hear the phrase "an ordinary high school student" in the description of an anime.

(...I don't watch that much anime these days, as you might expect.)
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I think my first anime was Gundam SEED, really loved it even though I had to watch with either Chinese or really badly translated English subs. Got into Trigun some time later, thought it was great. Also followed Naruto for a couple of years but dropped it... didn't hate it but wasn't interested at the direction it was going. Tried Bleach and stayed interested a lot longer, though I think the final arc is an utter abomination... still like to go back to it now and again.

I'd talk about more but... on mobile right now. Can't be bothered.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    As far as Re:Something series go, I prefer Re:Monster myself. Has someone already mentioned it in the thread before? I don't know if it has an anime, but the manga's great. I've heard the light novel the manga's based on is also very good.

Watch sweetness & lightning on CrunchyRoll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bElWfQ6WbFQ
    Kohei is a single father and high school teacher who lives with his only daughter. A chance encounter brings him together with Kotori, one of his students. The three of them start to meet together to make meals. None of them know how to cook, but they all love delicious food! ”sweetness & lightning” is a heartwarming and fun experience that you're sure to love!

Finished up the first episode, and Oh my! This is so damn adorable!
    If the rest of the series is like this, definitely series of the season.

• TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 208
    edited July 2016
    Top 5: (trying to say something without being too spoilery :)

1. Naruto : Shippuuden

Story of Naruto, the ninja that has Nine-Tailed Fox Demon sealed inside him,
    living life in a world occupied by ninja, until something happens... ^^
    After an endless season of dreamy "fillers", the tale moved, though it continues background "fillers".

2. Record Of Lodoss War

Tale of six adventurers questing in a fantasy world that resembles Forgotten Realms a lot.
    I used to fall asleep on the third episode while attempting to marathon this serie,
    but I watched it recently, and it was quite nice D&D - kept me wanting to see how the story goes!

3. Naruto

Story of Naruto, an orphan boy going ninja school, doing ninja missions ->
    The Big Battle is such 8O drama, makes me laugh and almost cry every time!

... listing out the remaining two, times gone by like 10 years or so...

4. Hellsing

This must be the best show including vampires, haven´t seen better yet.

5. Noir

Groovy musics, duo of assasins working in mystery organisation, memories turning vague...

EDIT2: Whoops, totally forgot about...

6. Rurouni Kenshin

Story of a "kensai" (manslayer in the serie) living in industrializing Japan, who is given a mission by the president (?) to foil the plans of an renegade "kensai" plotting of overthrowing the government.

Good watch, if you´re into characters shouting out their moves in fight before acting.
    Crunchyroll Adds "Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Shorts"

This is a nice addition.
    The cuteness and humor kinda of makes up for how dark and devastating the actual series has been.

• SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Tarlugn said:

4. Hellsing

Super late but I hope you're talking about the OVAs because the original show was hot garbage.
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 208

Tarlugn said:

4. Hellsing

Super late but I hope you're talking about the OVAs because the original show was hot garbage.
    Hmm, I don´t know when the originals came, but didn´t it have like 13 episodes or so? Um, yep, I mean that show :D If the OVA is the serie that started airing around 2006, it´s cool, but I never kinda got on to it.
  • DanitheangeldevilDanitheangeldevil Member Posts: 51
    My favourite animes are old anime Sailor Moon, Digimon, Fushigi Yuugi, The Twelve kingdoms, anime movie Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust, Princess Arete and some movies by Hajao Mijazaki like Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind...

But I am fan of Digimon series like Digimon Adventure 01 & 02, Digimon Savers and Digimon Xros Wars 1 & 2 arcs. :smile:
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    So... is there someone here following Danganronpa 3?
    Not yet, since I'll want to buy it. Admittedly I'm sort of dubious as to whether I'm going to like it, given

Danganronpa 1 and 2 have left me with little belief that they know how to write a good ending, and even less belief that they can leave Junko dead. Don't get me wrong, I loved me some Junko, but she's getting diminished by each reappearance.

Also I doubt (but will be happy to be wrong) that Komaru will appear in anything other than cameo form. Still, despite the above complaints the series has more than earned my dollars so I'll check it out when it comes out in disc form, hopefully with the same dub actors as the games.
    I have a love-hate relationship with it so far. Half of me is very disappointed by the writing and the pacing and the other half can't stop speculating about who's behind everything and who's really dead or not.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited September 2016
    I was hungry for some new anime and so I took a look at the new season and ended up watching 91 days.

https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=12014

Fairly standard mobster setting seen plenty of places before, with a revenge theme. I enjoyed it though.

• ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned Knight Sabers. (I think @BillyYank), so I went in and even if the original series aged somewhat, I absolutely love the soundtrack... suddenly being capped to 540 songs is really restricting, I blame my original Volvo S40 2000's radio for that...
    After a rather good start, Danganronpa 3 kept being more and more disappointing but I still kept hope till the end!

...I shouldn't have.
    Kurona said:

After a rather good start, Danganronpa 3 kept being more and more disappointing but I still kept hope till the end!

...I shouldn't have.

Well, that's very meta. :)