Skip to content

The Anime Thread

Comments

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    O_Bruce said:

@Elrandir‌

If you are totally OK with the ending, you're probably a NaruHina shipper. I, on the other hand, wanted Naruto's and Sasuke's martial states to remain unstated, for main reason being that there are some shippers that are too crazy to deserve happy ending for their shipping (I'm not saying you are one of them).

Many people might like the ending just because of pairings and the next generation, but I want to ask some simple question: what happened to Kabuto? What is Orochimaru doing? What happened to Juugo and Karin, who's goal was with Sasuke (especially Juugo!)? What of Suigetsu? Were the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist reactivated, since Chojuro became Mizukage? I have questions like this and some more, and I doubt they'll be answered in the upcoming short series.

The ending of Naruto wasn't so complete and fulfilling like Fullmetal Alchemist's, for example. The latter made me feel wonderful, the former was... "well, ok". I'm saying it as big fan of Naruto.
    I've always been a Naru-Hina shipper, though I always feel weird calling myself a shipper, since I'm not nearly as obsessive about it as most people. As for Sakura and Sasuke, I actually despise both characters, (for reasons not related to romance, actually) so I didn't want Sakura to end up with Naruto, nor did I want Sasuke to "taint" any of the other characters I liked.

As for Sasuke's posse, those were pretty much my only questions. They left loose ends when it came to the group, but apart from that and a couple of minor things that aren't terribly important in the grand scheme of things, (seven swordsmen) I didn't find there were too many questions. Not to mention, there is a whole GROUP left unspoken for, which makes me think that Sasuke's posse is going to be the focus of one of the spin-off stories. Overall I'm pleased, but as you say, there are questions left unanswered. I just don't think they're serious enough for me to be concerned.

FMA actually left me sad. Like, with Naruto everything was resolved (for the most part) and it felt like an end that came when it should have. FMA left me desiring more, even though the ending WAS good.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618

Attack on Titan TV Anime Gets 2nd Season in 2016

Looks like we finally have an idea when the next season of AoT will be.

• NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    *just started watching Parasyte last weekend*

Well. That's convenient. :D

Watch Lord Marksman and Vanadis on FUNimation Online
    Watch Lord Marksman and Vanadis on FUNi's YT Channel
    Watch Lord Marksman and Vanadis on CrunchyRoll

(only available on CR in the Middle East, North Africa, and Europe excluding the Nordics, UK, and Ireland)

Tigrevurmud Vorn, the young lord of a remote region far from the kingdom's center, is commanded by the king to go fight the war against a neighboring country. The leader of the enemy is Eleonora Viltaria, one of the seven Vanadis given supernatural arms from a dragon. The moment when an archer boy and the silver-haired beautiful war maiden meet, it is the beginning for the legend of a hero that will be told for generations to come.

Eps. 1-6

The first 6 episods popped up on YT yesterday, so I figured I would try this out, since I did have some interest in this.

Finished up the eps on YT and I have to say, this series is actually pretty awesome!
    Since LNs are still ongoing, I hope it ends on somewhat of a closure note.
    I hate when series stop too abruptly.

There's a severe lack of hero archers in the entertainment industry as a whole, especially non-Elven archers, so as a person who loves archers in general (I actually play archers in every game I play), it was rather nice to have one as the main character with awesome non-magical ability.

That being said, Tigre is such an awesome archer!
    I think, for the next party I start for IWDEE, I'm going to have another Archer kit party member and call him Tigre.

edited November 2014
    Incase anyone wanted to use my idea for Tigre in IWDEE as an Archer kit, I just finished whipping these up.
    Just right click and save.

-edit-
    It looks like image hosting is converting them to PNG files, so you'll have to convert them back to BMP files.

“Haikyuu!!” Anime Season 2 Announcement Reportedly Coming

WOOHOO!

Man I hope it's true!
    I can't wait, if it is!

Haikyu!! Volleyball TV Anime Gets Sequel

WOOHOO!

And it's confirmed!

I'm not a manga reader, but as a D&D fan, this may be the first manga ever, that I've actually had the urge to want to read.
    The premise sounds like such fun.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-01-19/learn-how-to-cook-classic-dungeon-monsters-in-new-manga/.83460
    Learn How to Cook Classic Dungeon Monsters in New Manga

posted on 2015-01-19 21:45 EST by Eric Stimson

If you've ever wondered what the heroes of RPGs subsist on during their long, perilous journeys, or speculated on how some of the strange beasts they encounter would taste like, a new manga is here with some answers. Ryouko Kui's Dungeon Meshi ("Dungeon Food"; English title: Delicious in Dungeon) follows a party of travelers as they negotiate treacherous dungeons and live off of the monsters they encounter within.

The knight Laios sets out with a skilled party to claim the treasure of a lost kingdom buried deep beneath the graveyard of a small village. Unfortunately, they were bested by a Flame Dragon, who ate Laios's little sister, Farin. Although the party managed to teleport out of the dungeon, they left their equipment behind and were penniless. Demoralized, the party broke up. Now Laios must tackle the dungeon again, and with only one month to save Farin before she is digested.

Laios assures Marcille the scorpion is safe to eat. Could he have been mistaken?

Given that hunger was the primary reason for the party's lackluster performance in its battle with the dragon, Laios decides to live off of the creatures within the dungeon as much as he can. He finds two new companions, a "half-foot" locksmith named Chilchack and an elf magician named Marcille, but they're dismayed at the prospect of eating slimes, scorpions and roots. Luckily, they're joined by a well-prepared if not very personable dwarf, Senshi, who's been cooking dungeon monsters for a decade and is eager to teach Laios's party.

Marcille draws a line at eating roots, given that they're beneath a graveyard.

While the premise may be similar to Toriko, many of the monsters the party encounters are not particularly tasty (some are even poisonous), and the manga focuses on the preparation and cooking methods that would be needed to make these imaginary creatures palatable. Dungeon Meshi includes enemies familiar to generations of RPG enthusiasts, like slimes, basilisks, carnivorous plants, and walking armor — though instead of vanishing only to leave a sack of gold, these enemies are butchered and roasted over a fire. Topics other fantasy manga ignore, like the anatomy of a slime and the true identity of walking suits of armor, are elaborated on, often in great detail.

Slimes are delicious, but only when washed and sun-dried for weeks. Senshi has devised a portable slime-drying net to carry on his back while dungeon-crawling.

Dungeon Meshi has been published in Harta (A Bride's Story, Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto) since February 2014, but the first volume went on sale on January 15, 2015. It rapidly sold out both in online and physical retailers, and is still out of stock on Amazon.co.jp as of press time. If you'd like to read seven more sample pages, see Comic Natalie (Japanese only).

In this omake ("Odds and Ends about Monsters"), the ecology of monsters is expanded upon even beyond what's in the main manga.
    That. Sounds. Amazing. Time to go see if I can find a translated version somewhere.
    I'm hoping one of the US publishers picks up the license, or at the very least, CR picks it up for a catalog/simulpub.

Interesting...
    They got a cosplay model to do an anime dub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTMgbOQvEOk

WooHoo!
    Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! DVD/Blu-ray Complete Collector's Ed.
    This pre-order is showing as Reserved!
    Man I can't wait for this!
    They're adding tons of stuff to the Collector's Edition, so it's going to be a completely awesome collection!

Here's what all is included.

Watch Maria the Virgin Witch on FUNimation Online

In the time of the Hundred Years’ War, a young and powerful witch known as Maria leads a reclusive existence. Shunned by the church – but beloved by certain locals – Maria endeavors to use her magic to bring an end to the warfare she so despises. She assists people of all walks of life with the help of her two familiars: a succubus and an incubus with great powers of seduction. Though she seeks only peace, the archangel Michael despises her use of magic to interfere in human affairs and decrees that should she ever manage to lose her virginity, Maria’s powers will vanish! To ensure that Maria no longer mingles magic with humans, Michael sends the angel Ezekiel to keep a watchful eye on the virgin witch. Don’t miss this intriguing tale of magic, war, and sexual frustration from Production I.G. and the director of Code Geass!

Eps. 1-5

This is turning out to be a rather fun series, not to mention a humorous concept.
    I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Parasyte -The Maxim- Anime

WooHoo!
    I hope they release it as a CE, similar Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! set.
    This series is so deserving of it.

Man do I hope Yona of the Dawn gets a second season, these past few episodes have been rather awesome.

I was doing some digging around looking up how far along the anime is with the source material and it turns out it looks like at the end of Ep. 22 is Chapter 39 and I wonder how much ground is going to be covered in the last 2 episodes.

It also seems the 17th volume of the manga is set to release on 3/20, which covers Chapters 95-100.
    So it looks like there's definitely enough source material for a second season, if they really want to make one.
    Sentai Filmworks x Anime Matsuri 2015: See You There!
    Live Auditions

Earlier this month we announced our acquisition of the smash hit series, Parasyte -the maxim-. We are so stoked about our announcement that we thought we would let you guys in on the fun, too!

To celebrate our new show, we will be holding live auditions for some bit parts in the series. If you're the lucky winner, you'll actually get to visit Sentai Filmworks Studios and voice a minor character in the show. Plus, you'll get to see your name in the credits of our future release of Parasyte! If you think you have what it takes, head to our booth for your chance to "Be Consumed" by Parasyte. ;)

Interesting.
    So they're going to have open auditions for bit parts in Parasyte.

Akatsuki no Yona Manga Gets Original Anime DVD

Well, it's not a second season, but more Yona is always good.

Man do I hope Yona of the Dawn gets a second season, these past few episodes have been rather awesome.

So... I uh... May have just marathoned the whole show a couple nights ago.

And OJASI;RJFEIA;JGIESAJFIE;JAIFJEAIO;JIESA;JFIO;EJSA;FJEI;ZSLJFIEJAFIEJSAIFJELSA;FJEWA

I WANT MOOOOOORE!

D: Seriously, if it doesn't get a second season, I will personally buy a ticket to Japan, march up to the creators' doors, and demand it from them at gunpoint. Well, maybe not at gunpoint. I don't like guns. But I will deliver a lot of force!

Funimation announced some of the dub cast though. The male characters all have really good names--Ian Sinclair and Eric Vale!!--though I'm not so sure if I'll like Monica Rial as Yona... :/ Just have to wait and see.

Funimation announced some of the dub cast though. The male characters all have really good names--Ian Sinclair and Eric Vale!!--though I'm not so sure if I'll like Monica Rial as Yona... :/ Just have to wait and see.

Keep in mind, the cast they announced was for their Broadcast Dub initiative of the simulcast of the second half.
    As they've mentioned, it's possible broadcast dubs could be different from the final dub for release, including cast changes.

Though in Yona's case, since they're going to go back and broadcast dubbing the first half, it's likely they'll keep the cast as is for the final dub.

Watch Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? on CrunchyRoll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbcwRt0y4kY

Based off of a light novel of the same name written by Fujino Omori and illustrated by Suzuhito Yasuda, Is It Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? is set in the world of Orario, where adventurers band together and look for treasures in an underground labyrinth known as Dungeon. However, for Bell Cranel, fame and riches are secondary to what he wants to find the most: girls. He soon finds out though, that anything can happen in Dungeon, and winds up being the damsel in distress instead!

Ep. 01

The first episode was actually pretty good, a good mix between comedy and fantasy action.
    This looks like it's going to be rather fun.

I've enjoyed the manga of that series so far as well.
    That trailer was way more serious than what I was expecting... o.o

*adds to Anime to Watch list*
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Hey I like Anime! *clicks thread, is assaulted by a flood of untranslated titles and manga* well, hmmmm. I'm kinda lost XD
    Ah... I... I just finished another one... That "Your Lie in April"... I marathoned it with the boyfriend...

And... A-And...

*sniff* I CRIED. ;_; I CRIED SO MUCH THERE'S A LAKE WHERE MY HOUSE WAS.

WAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!! <3 It was so good! So good but it huuuurrrrts! TT_TT

I'm so addicted to this ED right now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kteb_zMZ4b8

• SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Hey don't really know if this was covered, don't wanna read though 12 pages of posts,
    but have you guys checked out Re:monster?
    Really interesting fantasy story about a guy who is murdered and then reborn as a goblin.
    It's still only in manga form, the only problem is it only gets released once a month :(