Skip to content

The Anime Thread

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Welll I didn't read all the thread didn't really got the power for it now but I wanted to list my favorite once, woo so many well let me start with a few, in no particular order :

Sailor moon
    Wedding peach
    Fushigi Yuugi
    inuyasha
    Chrono Crusade (a really sad ending )
    Hana Yori Dango
    Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
    Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
    Slayers (ofc how can be otherwise)
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Magico
    Hana no ko LunLun
    ahh my goddess
    Card capture sakura
    Juuni Kokuki (also knows as The twelves kingdoms)
    Kiddy Grade
    Record of Lodoss War
    Orphen

movies
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Spirited away
    My neighbor Totoro
    not all there movies but I think you got it .

And there is a lot lots lots more
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    kaguana said:

Chrono Crusade (a really sad ending )

The manga has a less-sad ending, if it helps.
    @Nonnahswriter‌ Yeah I know but still it sad
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    kaguana said:

Welll I didn't read all the thread didn't really got the power for it now but I wanted to list my favorite once, woo so many well let me start with a few, in no particular order :
    Hana Yori Dango

Rare to see it in a watch liste.

Have you watched

Lovely Complex /
    Usagi Drop /
    Voices of a Distant Star /
    Spice and Wolf /
    Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind /
    Skip Beat! /
    Kemono no Souja Erin /
    Chihayafuru /
    Utawarerumono: Heldenlied /
    Looking up at the Half-Moon /
    Kami-sama Hajimemashita /
    Haibane Renmei /
    Chobits /
    Paradise Kiss /
    Victorian Romance Emma /

maybe?

@HerrderGezeiten‌ I saw Chobits, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and some of the other I know of but didn't watch, I also watch Marmalade Boy, Kodomo No Omocha and others can't remember them all (too many years of watching / reading mangas lol )

Why do you ask ?
    edited October 2014
    You are kidding ,... Kodomo No Omocha i delet it from the List becouse i thougt no way somebody watched it. :-D
    I`am realy surprised.

Why is a good question most likely becouse i was curious or i want to give recommendations.
    (haven`t done for a long time,..)
    @HerrderGezeiten‌ Don't delete anything from your list you see life is full of surprises ;)

Beside there are a lot of old animes like this one - Hana no ko LunLun I bet no one know what it is even, it so old and was never officially got out of Japanese, I saw it when I was little we had a pirate channels so I was lucky to watch stuff that no one even knew about.

Here is the opening of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ck7arDfsAM

Kodomo no omocha (for people who don't know)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wudmok_aElg
    I`am not reading that much Manga/Manhwa

Bonnouji
    Himitsu no Recipe

At the time "The Gamer" is realy funny.

But i try to ask if you know Ashita No Ousama ?
    I know Ashita No Ousama but I didn't read it yet didn't got the time :(
    It is about theatre and it stopped me looking with hate/boring on theatre.
    At last this was a surprise.

Most of the listed Anime/Manga could maybe be interesting if you are curios of some.
    (Some are underrated ore not that much mainstream. )
    Yeah but the once that underrated are the once one can find the most interesting, not everything have to be mainstream you know ;)
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    edited October 2014

With FUNi announcing the rest of their FALL season licenses today, and Parasyte not being on it, it looks like it'll probably pop up on one of CruchyRoll's announcements.
    Especially considering it's NTV holds the international rights.

Crunchyroll to Stream "Parasyte -the maxim-" Anime

And there it is.

With FUNi announcing the rest of their FALL season licenses today, and Parasyte not being on it, it looks like it'll probably pop up on one of CruchyRoll's announcements.
    Especially considering it's NTV holds the international rights.

Crunchyroll to Stream "Parasyte -the maxim-" Anime

And there it is.
    Just in time for the Halloween season!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! >:D
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I usually try to dig around in the work of people I like. Not in order.

Cromartie High (did anyone else watch the live action movie? Pure awesome)
    Berserk
    Trigun
    Cowboy Bebop
    Ghost in the Shell: SAC
    Ranma 1/2 (nobody? Whoa. Maybe too much boob, but very entertaining! Isn't that right Saotome?)
    Inuyasha
    Urusei Yatsura
    Berserk
    Hokuto No Ken (So. Much. Blood.)
    Cinderella Boy
    Full Metal Alchemist (I guess I should look into Brotherhood?)
    Black Lagoon
    Future Boy Conan (which in turn got me into his movies. Adore Howl's Moving Castle)

Thats not all I've watched, but they are ones I have watched the most. I think I feel a bit sheepish to admit it, but Samurai Pizza Cats was pretty awesome... despite clearly having had no translation, so the dub was completely absurd. Its like philosophy in action, an experiment in the extremes of absurdity. Also, I think the guy singing the theme was pretty tanked.
    edited October 2014
    You listed Berserk twice,...
    and yes i watched Ranma 1/2 (most at last for sure)
    I was thinking: what is Hokuto No Ken? -> i most only try to know the english names ak Fist of the Nort Star.
    Some names are quite the brane bracker other wise,...
    If you want something bloody/ brutal / horror try :

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
    Dead Space downfall (not a real Anime from Japan, like green Lantern,Superman Doomsday, Avatar,......)

But not "Watership Down" it would moste likely make a child cry with FSK 6 (disturbing at last,...)
    I would give it a FSK 12 at last ore more. (dying Bunnys, killed bye gase ore Dogs or from them self)
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    DreadKhan said:

Future Boy Conan (which in turn got me into his movies. Adore Howl's Moving Castle)

Have you seen Castle of Cagliostro? A lot of people miss it.

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    The ending theme for Gundam Reconguista in G is a terrible, terrible earworm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHt0EwniBHc
    None of the OPs/EDs from what I'm watching this season really grab me in an addictive fashion.
    The two OPs/EDs that I probably enjoy the most though are.

OP

Parasyte -the maxim-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhkkuZeizVI

ED

CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qeml6iiWJ38

Watch Wolf Girl and Black Prince on CrunchyRoll
    While the proud Erika boasts to her friends about being lovey-dovey with her boyfriend, she has never really had one for 16 years. Feeling the limits of lying, she took a picture of a cool guy she found in town and showed it to her friends as her boyfriend. But the person in the picture happens to be Sata Kyouya who is in the same grade in their school. While she was able to explain the situation and convince him to act like his boyfriend, he was not the nice looking boy she thought he would be: he was a super sadistic schemer! Thus begins Erika's life blackmailed into being Sata's dog.

Eps. 1-5
    I just finished catching up to this one and I have to say, this one is just hilarious!
    It reminds me a bit of Maid-Sama!, only much more D/s oriented.

Watch Celestial Method on CrunchyRoll
    That saucer has always been in the sky... "I'm here to grant wishes." A mysterious saucer appeared in the sky above Kiriya Lake. When it appeared, the world panicked. But when it simply remained there, the terror disappeared. Eventually it became a tourist area, and people gradually lost interested. When two girls meet, it's a sign that things are about to happen again. A new story, where feelings change people.

I'm rather enjoying this one.
    Though they're nothing alike, it kind of has the same "feel" tone that Uta∽Kata had for me.

I'm rather enjoying this one.

This, Yona of the Dawn, and Your Lie in April are my favorites for this season.
    Yona of the Dawn is pretty damn awesome!
    It's very reminiscent of The World is Still Beautiful to me, but with less comedy and a bit more drama and action.
    Kinda makes me a tad bit sad that FUNi picked it up, as I was kind of hoping Sentai would grab it.
    But in the end, I guess as long as I can purchase it for my collection, it really doesn't matter between those two companies, since their price point is pretty similar.

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    The one I've been watching recently is Samurai Flamenco. It's kind of spectacular.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    edited November 2014
    No one has mentioned it here (although @typo_tilly‌ has done it in other thread). Also, tagging @O_Bruce‌ here.

After 15 years, the Naturo manga has come to an end in November. I now will watch the remaining anime chapters with a strange feeling. It feels odd. I'm sad and happy in the same time.

Thank you so much, Masashi Kishimoto! This masterpiece will stay in our hearts forever.

"The Tale of Naruto Uzumaki... yes... that has a nice ring to it."
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    I was never much of a Naruto fan myself, but it is kind of sad that a bunch of really long running series are coming to an end.

Naruto's been running since 1999?

Man, I feel old. ;_;
    Naruto started when I was 5, maybe even 4. I never knew that. I thought it was started in the 2000's, since I didn't start paying attention till I was a teenager.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    No need to tag me here, I'm well aware of the fact that the manga has ended. It was quite a ride, althought the ending is medicore. There are some things unanswered, it seems rushed and it gives more idiotic part of fandom the reasons for becoming even more annyoing than they already are. Aside from that, I started to read Naruto with one simple thing in mind, and at least that question was answered. Thankfully.

" I now will watch the remaining anime chapters with a strange feeling."
    I'll be watching them with facepalm on, that's what I'm doing since Shippuden episode 167.
    Well I just went ahead and binge-read all of Shippuden (the second part of the series, starting at chapter 265) Reading 435 chapters of manga takes quite a while, surprisingly enough. XD I had stopped reading the manga around the 500s, but since it was all over I decided I'd re-read most of it. Reading it all at once was far superior to reading one chapter a week as it came out, which is the big reason why I stopped reading in the first place.

Honestly I loved it. I had several things that I had decided I required to happen a certain way for me to accept the ending. If those things hadn't turned out how I wanted them, I think I would have just pretended the series never ended. Fortunately, everything turned out how I wanted. Certain characters lived, certain characters ended up together, and only the characters I wanted to become Kages became Kages.

@O_Bruce‌ I won't argue that some things were unanswered, but for the most part I felt the ending was done well, and it certainly felt far less rushed than how most mangas end. Personally I do wish we'd seen more of the world after the series had "ended", but hopefully we'll see that stuff during the bonus series that are planned.

I may not be one of the slavering superfans that craves every little bit of information about the series there is, but I guess I am a bit of a narutard. But I'm okay with that.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited November 2014
    @Elrandir‌
    If you are totally OK with the ending, you're probably a NaruHina shipper. I, on the other hand, wanted Naruto's and Sasuke's martial states to remain unstated, for main reason being that there are some shippers that are too crazy to deserve happy ending for their shipping (I'm not saying you are one of them).

Many people might like the ending just because of pairings and the next generation, but I want to ask some simple question: what happened to Kabuto? What is Orochimaru doing? What happened to Juugo and Karin, who's goal was with Sasuke (especially Juugo!)? What of Suigetsu? Were the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist reactivated, since Chojuro became Mizukage? I have questions like this and some more, and I doubt they'll be answered in the upcoming short series.

The ending of Naruto wasn't so complete and fulfilling like Fullmetal Alchemist's, for example. The latter made me feel wonderful, the former was... "well, ok". I'm saying it as big fan of Naruto.