Skip to content

The Anime Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
    I congratulate you too, @Shandyr as well as anyone loving this manga (and/or anime)! ONE PIECE is simply EPIC! For another... 50 years!;)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I love Ghost Hunt. It really appealed to me. I've stopped being interested in the "Endless Fighting" shonen manga and the "High School Romance" Shojo manga. So what generally appeals to me today are the offbeat and unusual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oAL1JVH1U8

It many sort of cross over into horror, but it's an excellent series.
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    edited February 2014
    I watch a lot of anime... Damn, i cannot decide! When at school, i would watch Ninja Boy, Jumaru, Candy Candy, Sailor Moon, and another one with a highschool, tennis protagonist girl, but i cannot recall its name.

After many years, my late friends reminded me of animation, plus they were geeks and lectured me about their types, genres and terminology. So i started a long, deep journey on manga and animation. I almost have lost count, and certainly track of them, especially names. But among those i have watched AND enjoyed, plus those good enough for me to care and remember, are:

1) Berserk
    2) Claymore
    3) Dance in the Vampire Bund
    4) Death Note
    5) Full Metal Alchemist - Brotherhood
    6) Naruto
    7) Fairy Tail
    8) Higurashi
    9) Rozen Maiden
    10) Elfen Lied
    11) Neon Genesis Evangelion
    12) Fate Zero + Fate Stay Night (amazing both)
    13) Vampire Hunter D (only two movies)
    14) Tsukuyomi
    15) Scrapped Princess
    16) Inuyasha
    17) Angel Beats
    18) Ao no Exorcist
    19) D. Grayman
    20) Witch Hunter
    21) Black Cat
    22) Darker than Black
    23) Gossick!
    24) The daughter of twenty faces
    25) Kodomo no Jinkan
    26) The world God only knows
    27) The phantom of inferno
    28) Tora Dora
    29) Mashiro Iro Symphony Love is Pure White
    30) Chobits
    31) Dragon Crisis
    32) Ayashi no Ceres
    33) Angel Sanctuary
    34) Kamisama Dolls
    35) Zero no Tsukaima
    36) Omamori Himari
    37) Shinigami Hime no Saikon
    38) Soujyuu no Lapis Lazuli
    39) Yugi Oh
    40) Pokemon
    41) Freezing
    42) Black Blood Brothers
    43) Blood +
    44) Rozario Vampire
    45) Arakawa Under the Bridge

I read manga by googling: "read *name*". I watch anime in animefreak.tv or download them from torrents; i usually try to find them in high definition, though. I do not have enough money to buy collections, collectibles, and DVDs. But i once purchased a Naruto Akatsuki cosplay theme. And i like visual novels, but with very few exceptions, those can be played only by computers in Asian locale.
    Post edited by Demonoid_Limewire on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    edited February 2014
    Shandyr said:

@Demonoid_Limewire

No One Piece for you? :/

I mean you watch Fairy Tail, it's not that much of a difference xD

thumbs up for berserk and claymore!

No, no One Piece or Bleach for me! Only Naruto out of the "holy trinity" of modern animation. Even though i watch a lot of projects, i keep watching only those that match my tastes perfectly... /shy

Berserk and Claymore would love a second season. Actually, they are in dire need of one, but too bad their followers are cult and mature... Everything for larger audience and younger ages, damnit! Imagine that even Yugi Oh is heavily censored and dumbened down, in order to appeal to kids...
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    Little bit out of my comfort zone here, but i just had to see Dragon age:Dawn of the seeker and Resident evil:Damnation.Probably need to see Akira and FF ultimate again because my memories are gone.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618

Man, these past 2 episodes (Eps. 17 & 18) were really intense.

SHIT JUST GOT REAL!!

Watch Mysterious Girlfriend X on CrunchyRoll

Popped in my BD and started re-watching this today.

I almost forgot how awesome this series is!

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Wow, I never knew that Mysterious Girlfriend-X is now anime. Gotta watch it one day.
    The anime actually came out in Spring 2012.

Watch Phi Brain: Puzzle of God on CrunchyRoll

Ep. 21 S3

HOLY CRAP!

[SPOILER]They actually killed a character off!
    Though it's really sad that it had to be Rook out of all of them.[/SPOILER]

Since I happen to use AP I might as well post this.

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1538595&postcount=1
    ANIME-PLANET.COM PARTNERS WITH CRUNCHYROLL TO PROVIDE IN-DEPTH VIDEO INTEGRATION

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SEATTLE — Anime-Planet, the world’s most reputable recommendation database for anime and manga that serves 500,000 users a month, now supports in-depth Crunchyroll video integration.

The site has partnered with Crunchyroll, a leading provider of streaming anime, to allow users to watch Crunchyroll’s thousands of legal streaming videos directly from Anime-Planet. What’s more, members can opt-in to have their Anime-Planet watch lists automatically updated when viewing videos on the site.

With this partnership, Anime-Planet becomes the first and oldest recommendation resource and social anime community to provide a feature of this type.

Kim Cameron, CEO and founder of Anime-Planet, said the partnership came about because of a mutual interest with Crunchyroll to make legal streaming anime more available.

"Anime-Planet's goal is to become a go-to place for industry-supported multimedia content, integrated into our powerful, reputable recommendation database. As Crunchyroll is an industry leader in bringing anime to the masses, and as Anime-Planet shares Crunchyroll’s desire to give fans an easy way to find new anime via the recommendation database, it was a perfect fit for partnership,” she said.

Ms. Cameron hinted that this feature is only the first step in a larger effort to integrate Anime-Planet with anime’s industry leaders, making it easier for users to watch, review, and organize their anime lists from a single, unified source.

ABOUT ANIME-PLANET

Anime-Planet was created in 2001 as the first anime recommendation database, enabling users to easily get and give recommendations for what to watch next. The site also features manga recommendations, personal anime and manga lists of what you’ve seen and read, and hand-written encyclopedia content for anime, manga, characters and beyond. For more information, visit http://www.anime-planet.com.

ABOUT CRUNCHYROLL

Crunchyroll is the leading global video service for Japanese Anime and Asian media. Crunchyroll has over 25,000 videos and 12,000 hours of Anime, Korean Drama and Live-Action titles on Crunchyroll.com and Crunchyroll-powered platforms including iPhone, iPad, Android, Apple TV, TV set-top boxes, Playstation®3, Playstation®4, Xbox LIVE, and other devices. For more information, visit http://www.crunchyroll.com

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212264
    ANIME-PLANET.COM LAUNCHES OVER 15,000 NEW STREAMING VIDEOS WITH IN-DEPTH HULU INTEGRATION

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SEATTLE — Anime-Planet, the world’s most reputable recommendation database for anime and manga that serves 500,000 users a month, has partnered with Hulu to offer over 15,000 new legal, streaming videos from providers like Funimation, Viz and Sentai Filmworks.

Community members can now watch Hulu's full suite of anime videos directly from Anime-Planet. In addition, those who create an anime list of what they've seen can opt-in to update their list automatically when watching videos from Hulu or other providers on the site.

This is the second major announcement in the past few weeks from Anime-Planet, the only recommendation resource that now aggregates and serves content from two of the largest industry leaders for legal, streaming anime: Hulu and Crunchyroll.

Kim Cameron, CEO and founder of Anime-Planet, says this release is part of a wider plan to make the website a destination for watching the anime you love.

"Anime-Planet has been an innovator in bringing anime fans features they love since 2001 – we built our reputation through providing the only recommendation engine for about 6 years, we created the 'life on anime' bar that's now a standard feature across anime sites, and now, we're a destination for watching legal, streaming anime online from your favorite providers. Hulu provides a wealth of content from top anime providers in the USA, so now, in addition to watching your favorite Crunchyroll content on the site, you can also view many classic and brand new titles from Funimation, Viz, and more. With these and more announcements coming soon, it's a great time to try out Anime-Planet."

Ms. Cameron also talks about future plans to refresh Anime-Planet's look and feel.

"In addition to these exciting releases for video content, we're currently working steadily on a full visual redesign for the site, which will launch with a better user experience, simplified and attractive design, and new features – as well as better support for tablets and mobile devices. There's plenty more to come."

ABOUT ANIME-PLANET

Anime-Planet was created in 2001 as the first anime recommendation database, enabling users to easily get and give recommendations for what to watch next. The site also features manga recommendations, personal anime and manga lists of what you’ve seen and read, and hand-written encyclopedia content for anime, manga, characters and beyond. For more information, visit http://www.anime-planet.com.

• bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I still watch Pokemon despite I'm too old for that.

Lately I finish watching the anime The World God Only Knows. Afterward, I read the manga.

The [as] Toonami Black Lagoon trailer.

TOONAMI BLACKLAGOON NEXTSAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5LCiqXV9as

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Nothing can match Monster or Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood, though I do love Berserk. Also liked Master Keaton nad Gurren Lagann (hilarious). I liked watching Yu Yu Hakusho with my brother when we were kids. Kuwabara is awesome!

Is there any anime similar to either Fullmetal or Berserk out nowadays?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @booinyoureyes Not that I can think of off the top of my head. There's always older stuff like Claymore or maybe Peacemaker Kurogane?
    seen Claymore (horrible ending to a previously entertaining series)
    Might check out Peacemaker

Thanks @Coriander‌ !!!
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Coriander said:

@booinyoureyes Not that I can think of off the top of my head. There's always older stuff like Claymore or maybe Peacemaker Kurogane?

Claymore is supposed to be old?

*goes to check Wikipedia*

2007!? What do you mean it's already been seven years!?

Oh, gods do I feel old... ;_;
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Are seven years for anime really considered as "old" nowadays? Personally I consider even the 90's anime such as Dragon Half, Crest of the Stars, Gokudo, Maze☆The Mega-Burst Space and Bakuretsu Hunters as relatively fresh. The real old ones started in the 70's. Like the original run of Ashita no Joe for example.

As a side note, does anyone else here watch the currently airing dark comedy Hozuki no Reitetsu? I nearly laughted myself to death at the brain-tissue miso soup scene in the 11th episode. XD

For those who don't know about it here's a trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS3djf3uCjo
    (May be blocked in certain countries. In that case browser add-ons such as ProxTube can help.)
    HEY
    how did you get that little dancing man????????????????
    By adding an img tag.
    Any time you want to post a picture, just add img tags.

Which you can read about here:

How to format your posts

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667

Claymore is supposed to be old?

*goes to check Wikipedia*

2007!? What do you mean it's already been seven years!?

Oh, gods do I feel old... ;_;

I assumed "nowadays" meant something like "this season" or "this year". I would certainly call Berserk and Yu Yu Hakusho old. I'll even throw in Slayers and Sailor Moon. If you watched them on bootleg fan subbed or rented VHS tapes, you know what you are.
    Log Horizon's 2nd TV Anime Series to Premiere This Fall

Looks like Log Horizon is getting a second season!

Looks like the Attack on Titan dub trailer was posted today.

Attack on Titan - Official Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJaUvV9Hwgs

• NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

Attack on Titan - Official Trailer

Huh, that's pretty cool that it's getting dubbed. I wonder who the voice actors wi--

DAMN IT, BRYCE PAPENBROOK! How did I know it'd be you!? *headdesk*

Funimation Adds Date A Live II to Simulcast Line-Up

Very expected, but still nice to have confirmation on it.

That being said, I can't wait for the new season to start!
    I really liked the first season.