Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I can't see my saves unless I check "Use Custom Save Location" and set the User Save Data Directory to the full path with "save" at the end.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    BillyYank said:

I can't see my saves unless I check "Use Custom Save Location" and set the User Save Data Directory to the full path with "save" at the end.

@BillyYank,

You shouldn't need to have /save/ on the end if you have Custom Save Directory set to false. The only thing Use Custom Save Location does is use exactly whatever path is specified. Otherwise, if that option is disabled, it adds /save/ onto the path. It also adds /portraits/, /characters/, etc. onto the specified path.

If the only way you can edit your saves is by explicitly specifying the path to the saves (and you're using a non-mobile version of the game), then I'd say that's an issue I should be fixing.
    Ossie1972 said:

Strangely though, I get those 6 default characters as options whether I use \save at the end or not, and whether I check "Use Custom Save Location" or not. Presumably only one of those combinations should actually work - are the default characters somehow, ummm, defaulting in EEkeeper?

@Ossie1972,

In it's most literal definition: yes. Those are the default characters in the game installation, not in /characters/. They will show up if you have your install path set correctly (which you do).

Just to clarify: If you go to your ./Documents/[Game]/ folder, is there anything in the /characters/ folder?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Troodon80 said:

BillyYank said:

@BillyYank,

You shouldn't need to have /save/ on the end if you have Custom Save Directory set to false. The only thing Use Custom Save Location does is use exactly whatever path is specified. Otherwise, if that option is disabled, it adds /save/ onto the path. It also adds /portraits/, /characters/, etc. onto the specified path.

If the only way you can edit your saves is by explicitly specifying the path to the saves (and you're using a non-mobile version of the game), then I'd say that's an issue I should be fixing.
    I just tried unchecking and removing save, and it worked. It didn't work the first time I tried it, but I had only hit OK after making the changes. I tried again and hit Apply, then OK and it worked.
    I might need to look into the behaviour of the OK button. It should do the same functionality as Apply, but then close that dialog window after that.
  • Ossie1972Ossie1972 Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2017
    Troodon80 said:

Just to clarify: If you go to your ./Documents/[Game]/ folder, is there anything in the /characters/ folder?

No. The ./Documents/[Game]/ has 3 subdirectories: crash, portraits and save. If created characters are supposed to be saved to another subdirectory, that hasn't happened for me. Within the game installation, there is /data /land /movies /music and /scripts. Searching in windows 7 doesn't turn up anything for either "characters" or the individual character names

@Ossie1972,

Okay, follow-up question: in Keeper, are you trying to open a save game or a character?
  • Ossie1972Ossie1972 Member Posts: 15
    Troodon80 said:

@Ossie1972,

Okay, follow-up question: in Keeper, are you trying to open a save game or a character?

Forget it, I'm an idiot. Assumed I'd be editing a character, but yes, the created characters are there available to edit when you edit a save game. I just never thought to look.

Thanks for the help all!
    @Ossie1972,

No worries. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. :-)
  • pfisker84pfisker84 Member Posts: 5
    All my high level abilities seems to have gone missing after I modified a save game.

I get this message from EEKeeper when I load a game where for example my paladin have 1 x Whirlwind attack and 1 x Whirlwind attack:

I can see under the Effects-tab that the numbers refers to Whirlwind attack and Greater Whirlwind attack. So is this a bug or...? I'm using version 1.0.3.6

Is there anyway to just add the high level abilities that are missing with Keeper? - because I havn't been able to find out how. When I level up in the game I can still see which abilities I have chosen before I modified the save game but those abilities just don't show up under special abilities. When I level up and chose a new ability, the new one shows up.

Hope you can help :smile:
    Bump

Did I post this in the right thread?

Again, I hope you can help :smile:

Can you tell me what the installation path is that you are using for the game in Keeper?
    Nwm, figured it out, hadn't installed keeper corretly
  • DRNDRN Member Posts: 4
    I am having trouble editing proficiencies in EE Keeper 1.0.3.6 on my Windows 10 machine. I have successfully mapped to my save directories, etc. and editing other fields, loading, saving all works fine. However, while the numbers show up for the individual proficiencies under the proficiencies tab, the fields are not editable. I have not seen anyone discussing this problem in the searches I have done. Some of the posts I have come across reference deleting proficiencies before changing them but I am able to do either. I have tried setting HP fields to 0 as well as experience points and then saving, but when I reload the game, the character levels up and I am able to add proficiencies but it adds them to the ones that were already there. Having a level 6 fighter with 10 points is great but not quite what I am after. Is there a solution? I'm a forum newbie so please accept my apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum and point me to the right one if necessary.
    edited February 2017
    @DRN, the proficiencies are a list, you cannot edit them in the same way you can as per the edit box for HP. You need to use the +/- buttons to increase or decrease the selected row. Are you saying that's not working for you?
    @Troodon80, thanks for the reply. Actually, I didn't know about the + / - but that being said, I tried it and all the computer does is bing at me with the "You can't do that." sound.
    @Troodon80, my apologies for being a doofus. I initially misunderstood what you meant by + / - buttons. I expanded the EE Keeper window and saw there were buttons that had been hidden from view. Problem solved. Thanks.
  • Tinta01Tinta01 Member Posts: 5
    I apologize if this has been asked before, but I've set up eeKeeper and am trying to locate the item code for an item from Weimar's Item Upgrade mod (+4 Delryn shield, to be specific), and I can't find any of the item codes for that mod. Everything else is working fine, and I'm assuming it has to do with the mod, not Keeper, but is there a way I can set Keeper to view those item codes>
    I haven't had any issues, but a few people have noted that mods are apparently not detected by Keeper. That could be the same issue. I've been looking into it for a while, but to no avail.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    @Tinta01 do you have more mods installed? Are the items of those other mods visible in EEKeeper?

Have you acquired any other items of that mod in the game, and do those show up in the inventory in EEKeeper?

• Tinta01Tinta01 Member Posts: 5
    I do have more installed; I have Sirene installed, and she showed up, and I specifically looked for her custom sword - it was there.
  • BestDmanNABestDmanNA Member Posts: 10
    Is there any way to edit/modify a characters Turn Undead Level with this? If so, how do you go about doing so? I tried the Turn Undead box in the Misc. tab but it didn't seem to effect anything.
    @Tinta01 I'm afraid I'm stumped. Only thing I can think of now is to scour the Override folder for something that looks like the .itm you're looking for...
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @Troodon80 Someone told me that they were a few texts not translated in french in the latest version. I tried to synchronise my working copy with the repository on Sourceforge but I there wasn't any update and the texts in English are nowhere. Version is still 1.0.2.9. So I assume the repository on Sourceforge does not include the latest version of the source yet. Could you tell me how to proceed to update the translation, please ? Thank you.
    I'm able to edit the texts and buttons directly in the dll with Resource Hacker, but it's not a good way to propagate the data back to you. However it's a easy way to check instantly how it looks and adjust the size of the text control when french is really much longer than english.
    @Isaya, I'll update shortly (over the weekend). :-)
    It's been too long, so I don't remember if there ever was such a tool for it but...

Would/could EEKeeper be made compatible with PSTEE?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Is it possible to edit an NPC in EEKeeper who you have met in game, but is not currently in your party?

Is it possible to edit an NPC in EEKeeper who you have met in game, but is not currently in your party?

I don't think so. If I'm not mistaken, once you leave a character somewhere they are stored in the savegame, but "inside" the area you left them in I think...
    Sjerrie said:

Would/could EEKeeper be made compatible with PSTEE?

@Sjerrie, yes, and it will be updated (not sure exactly when, but hopefully just prior to release or just after).

@HaHaCharade, if they've been in your party at some point, then they should show up under the "Out of Party" character editor.
    Troodon80 said:

@HaHaCharade, if they've been in your party at some point, then they should show up under the "Out of Party" character editor.
    Cool! I did not know this!
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Ha, nice! Thank you!