Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• ColandColand Member Posts: 91
    Hello, I have an annoying problem which I hope someone can help me solving. The editor works great until I try to save after adding any item to my character. It always crashes no matter what I try. Saving without items changing works fine. Thanks for any suggestion...

P.s. I hope I didn't miss something obvious somewhere. :/
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Coland, thanks for the heads-up. Fixed and will upload shortly. :-)
  • pnifonpnifon Member Posts: 3
    Hi there,
    I recently installed planescape ee for android.
    I copied a saved game to my pc to edit it with ee keeper.
    The pc has planescape installed too.
    Although ee keeper loads normally after i point where the installation directory is, when i try to open the saved games in order to access the saved game from the android platform i get the error the parameter is incorect and the saved game list is empty.
    Please help.
    If any other information is required i will be happy to provide it
    Thanks
    What error, specifically? Do you have a screenshot? @pnifon
  • blackstaffMcCoyblackstaffMcCoy Member Posts: 21
    Hello,

I'm running EET and Khalid was made into a ranger/cleric and and Imoen is a mage/thief and they both can't memorize spells as well as Jaheira doesn't have any healing spells in BGEE. I want to edit this and I dled EE Keeper and tried to put the game directory as .../data/00766 but I can only put data and EE Keeper won't load my saved games. Can anyone help? Thanks!
    Also if it helps BGEE, BG2EE, & SOD were bought from Steam.
    What do you mean you can only put the directory as data? Is there a 00766 folder? @blackstaffMcCoy
    @Troodon80 I figured everything out. I copied and pasted out of the /steamsapps to do the EET install and was confused by this. for the install directory all I did was use the base directory for where my EET install is. Also I didn't realize that the saved games were in the /Documents directory. It's working fine now :smile:
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    hey everyone.. i didnt release this post is still active :O I would have posts my questions here instead of making this post.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65719/some-ee-keeper-effects-questions#latest

Im mostly curious about how to type the RGB values as listed in my thread.
  • flyingtophflyingtoph Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2017
    I used the EEkeeper to edit my savefile on planescape. Now when i level i don't get the option to increase base attributes and when i switch classes my level stays the same (it's supposed to revert to one). I also am not specializing at level 7

I reproduced the base stat problem by giving a new character 20k experience. I tried to fix it by reinstalling, didn't change anything

Also; for some reason my class was set to a thief dual classed to a fighter by eekeeper.
  • flyingt0phflyingt0ph Member Posts: 1
    One last detail; my alignment has remained true neutral and it should be chaotic good
    edited August 2017
    Effects Menu Suggestion/Request.

Just some ease of use ideas based on what I tend to do often that are usually time consuming and mundane. I dont expect them to be added but thought I would suggest it anyways.
    • Add ability to Shift+Left Click and Ctrl+Left click to select multiply effects at once. Similar to how you can do with files in windows file explorer. With this functionality you will be able to easily copy/paste a group of effects. Especially helpful when you have multiply effects that work together that you want to copy over easily to a new character without missing anything.
    • Move highlighted effects position up or down in the effects order. Helpful when you want to group similar effects together. As it is now if you make a new effect there is no way to change its position as it always is created at the bottom of the effect list.
    • Mass alter similar effects across multiple highlighted effects. Examples: Set all selected 'Time' to 0, set all 'Targets' to 'Self', Set all 'Flags' to 'Instant, Permanent', Set all highlighted to 'Cannot Dispel/Can Bypass Resistance', etc. Could also do things like set all 'resource 0' to "XXX" or clear all text from 'Resource 0'.
    • This last thing I doubt is possible. Would be great if we could group the effects together so we can easily manage effects that work together. As I said I dont think its possible, I cant imagine any way for this information to be saved in the game files. Unless of course you are able to use "resource 0-3" as a title. EG: Type for resource 2 "Poison Immune" and then you can just sort the lists by resource name so you can see them together. But im guessing the game will freak out if it starts seeing resource information that doesn't relate to any script or file in game. Alternatively maybe add the ability to import/export a group of effects. Atm I have several character files with saved file names of the related effects. Then I just open the file and copy one by one the effects over to the new save file I want the effect on. Which is where the first idea came from while doing this process.
  • DalnorDalnor Member Posts: 2
    First , sorry for my english , but i'm french.

i recently thought of doing a Fighter/druid , and i wanted to make a Fighter/Totemic Druid , but when i put the totemic Druide Value as kit , it count as a Shaman.

Is it my eekeeper who has a problem or maybe shaman and Totemic share the same value?

Thank you so much for your work :)
    Dalnor said:

i recently thought of doing a Fighter/druid , and i wanted to make a Fighter/Totemic Druid , but when i put the totemic Druide Value as kit , it count as a Shaman.

Is it my eekeeper who has a problem or maybe shaman and Totemic share the same value?

Im just guessing the issue, but do you have the newest version of EE Keeper 1.0.4.0 ?
    Also I assume you have the newest version of Baldurs Gate EE and also have the new Expansion SOD?

If so, im no expert, but I tried making a Fighter/Totemic Druid and it was working for me. I havnt tested fully so maybe im missing something but these are the settings I used.

Characteristic Tab looks like this.
    -Class [Fighter/Druid]
    -Original Class [Blank] [ ]Duel Class not ticked.
    -Kit [Totemic Druid]

I also started a new game as a Shaman to check the value. The Shaman is its own "Class" and dosnt count as a kit.
    -Class [Shaman]
    -Kit [Base Class]

Thats why I wonder if you are using a older version of EE Keeper?

EE Keeper 1.0.4.0 Download : LINK

I have also added a save file so you can compare it to your character.
    Save file with Multi-Class Fighter/Totemic Druid : LINK
    I hope that helps :)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Strange, since the last version EEKeeper crashes every time I try to Edit Out Of Party Characters
    Raduziel said:

Strange, since the last version EEKeeper crashes every time I try to Edit Out Of Party Characters

I have the same issue. I remember reading a page or two back that that will be fixed in he next update... Unless im remembering wrong.
  • DalnorDalnor Member Posts: 2
    00zim00 said:

Dalnor said:

Im just guessing the issue, but do you have the newest version of EE Keeper 1.0.4.0 ?
    Also I assume you have the newest version of Baldurs Gate EE and also have the new Expansion SOD?

If so, im no expert, but I tried making a Fighter/Totemic Druid and it was working for me. I havnt tested fully so maybe im missing something but these are the settings I used.

Characteristic Tab looks like this.
    -Class [Fighter/Druid]
    -Kit [Totemic Druid]

I also started a new game as a Shaman to check the value. The Shaman is its own "Class" and dosnt count as a kit.
    -Class [Shaman]
    -Kit [Base Class]

Thats why I wonder if you are using a older version of EE Keeper?

EE Keeper 1.0.4.0 Download : LINK

I have also added a save file so you can compare it to your character.
    Save file with Multi-Class Fighter/Totemic Druid : LINK
    I hope that helps :)
    First Really really thank you for your answer , and i think i found the problem , it's because of the french version.

I tried to explain with a screen of your save game ( thank for that or i'll never found it ^^ )

http://hpics.li/3557b94

So i tried and it's the good kit , i have the skills summon spirit , but in game it's writing as "Shaman" ( Chaman in French ) it's because of that i thought i was in Shaman and not totemic ( druide Totemique in french )

But i have the good spells and all so it's good , Thank you so much for your help :)

• GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    @Dalnor , the team of volunteers who are working on the BG2:EE French translation will fix it. It is scheduled that the case will be under discussion because Shaman (kit) and Chaman (class) are too confusing. ;)
    00zim00 said:

Raduziel said:

I have the same issue. I remember reading a page or two back that that will be fixed in he next update... Unless im remembering wrong.
    @00zim00 @Raduziel, yes, it will, but I'm also working out some other things which will also be in the next update.
    Im just wondering, does anyone know if the "Goblin" Race that M’Khiin uses is different then the one we get in EE Keeper? I tested using the [Goblin] race, copying the same as what it shows M’Khiin use but in game its showing nothing listed as it does with the non base races. Im assuming there is coding in the background that M’Khiin is using for it to display and so I cant just set it as goblin without modding it in?
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    @00zim00 I seem to remember having made a "workable" Goblin charname at one point, but I'm not sure about the text showing up. I'll see if I can still find a save.

I do know from playing a number of Tiefling Charnames that any racial abilities Haer'Dalis had or Tieflings in general should have will not automatically be added to your character either.
    @Sjerrie Thanks for the reply :) was good to know I was atleast on the correct track.

@Troodon80 , are you the owner of http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/ or is it updated by someone else? I have been useing it to help learn EE-Keeper but there are a few pages that have gone down/missing which im having to use the archived version to see. Helpful things like the Colour Gradients charts.

Archive Link
    edited August 2017
    @00zim00 I checked, and M'khiin does indeed use the same race value as npc goblins. Her race actually showing up on her character sheet might be an extra line of code to her character as you say. It's obviously still possible to play as a goblin Charname, but aside from racial bonuses (my usual import trick for odd race/class combinations doesn't work) some problems with dialogue may arise as well. They didn't with my tiefling Charnames, but their race actually did show up on the char sheet.

I absolutely love that Colour Gradient chart btw!! DaleKeeper2 actually had it built in, I kinda miss it. :)
    @00zim00, no, I'm not the owner of Gibberlings3.

@Sjerrie, I use a square or circle to denote the colour. If you want a linear colour gradient, I could certainly implement that as an option.
  • egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2017
    Bug Report

"Edit out of party char" crashes the EE Keeper.
    I tried it with BG:EE, BG2:EE, IwD:EE, and EET.
    @egbert, known. Will be fixed in next update. :-)
    Troodon80 said:

@Sjerrie, I use a square or circle to denote the colour. If you want a linear colour gradient, I could certainly implement that as an option.

If you can implement it as an option, sure, @Troodon80 ! But to be clearer I actually meant the fact that the colors are *named*. :) And now that I've taken a little closer look at both the link and DaleKeeper it appears DaleKeeper was even more specific in that regard. It actually named the colors "hair blonde", "hair dk brown", "leather black", "metal bronze", and so on. I found that really nice, even if the visual effect wasn't always too obvious.
    Troodon80 said:

@00zim00, no, I'm not the owner of Gibberlings3.

@Troodon80 I use it for the colour gradient but more so I use it because it shows the me 'Number (Decimal)' column that shows me what I need to type into EE Keeper. I know you your supposed to just use Near Infinity or something to get the values but im more familiar with EE Keeper lol.

@Sjerrie, I also use [This Page] for input in the 'Item Type' field for the purpose restricting particular weapons or whatever required the Item Type field. For example to restrict the use of Spears I type in the code '0x001D' which EE Keeper conveniently changes to '29' to restrict the item type.

I also use this page for the [BGEE Identifiers] to get field values for race, class etc. Not the easiest site to navigate and their is also ALOT of information on the site missing but its helped me make sense of things :)

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Working with new race ideas here. Is there a way to set Magic Resistance to be vs ALL magic, and not just harmful effects? I can set a base MR but it still allows for beneficial magic to affect the character.
    I'm not sure of the settings for 'edit effects'.
    Zaghoul said:

Working with new race ideas here. Is there a way to set Magic Resistance to be vs ALL magic, and not just harmful effects? I can set a base MR but it still allows for beneficial magic to affect the character.
    I'm not sure of the settings for 'edit effects'.

The only thing I can think of that would prevent a beneficial effect on a character is to give them a passive "miscast magic" status. I gave a sorcerer I made a 5% chance to fail casting a spell to balance some of the other changes I made. Of course this would only help if you are the one casting it.

As for MR affecting beneficial spells, the only solution I know of is to have a look at [Scroll of Protection from Magic] . If you cast that on yourself, quick save, then look in EE Keeper you will be immune to all forms of magic including magic cast on you. However it also appears to give you a 100% Miscast magic chance with that effect so you can just remove that effect if you dont want that to happen. As well as you might want to remove the "globe" overlay that appears on you. You will need to set them all to Self, Instant Permanent and Cannot Dispel/cant by base resistance. Set all the timers to 0 and remove the extra effects such as "Spell Effect: Play Sound Effect [174]" etc.

Once this is done you will have full Immunity. Now if your wanting a % chance like with MR. You can try and test setting all the Probability to say 50% instead of the default 100%. That way it will act like MR but will effect all magic. If you do this you will need to remove the actual MR your character has otherwise the MR will double up.

Now last thing to keep in mind is that I have NO idea if Probability works with all these effects. It might not even work and always be 100% Im not sure. Im also not sure if their is an easier way to do this then the solution I gave im kinda new to EE Keeper effects and such but this would be the way I would go about it.

Hope that helps and gets you on the correct track!