Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited August 2017
    Thanks, sounds like I will need to play with it a little and see what works. The Beastman has a base MR of 80. That's all I'm going for really. That's easy. That should be vs ALL magic to be 'right' for the race. I actually started with the probability thing but was not sure how it works. As a ranger or a bounty hunter casting is not too much of an issue, just the base affecting beneficial magic. Not sure why 100% probability jacked it up to 127% though when using that method after reducing the resistance to 0 yet.
    Sounds like some tinkerin will be needed.

EDIT: Weird. Even just messing with the probability in any way throws MR up to 127%, even with zero in resistances.
    Just have to go with the base MR of 80% and Rplay the rest.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Zaghoul MR used to block beneficial magic in the original BG and TOSC, but was patched for BG2. EE carries over the MR patch.
    @ThacoBell Ya know I was thinking that very thing today, I just could not remember if I was making it up in my head or not. I think that was the correct way, or there should at least be the need to concentrate in order to lower it, maybe.
  • j1greenej1greene Member Posts: 3
    I am having a problem with eekeeper on Windows 10. It can only load chr files, but it can not load any of the characteristics or equipment and then it crashes on save or close. I am using 1.04
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    edited August 2017
    j1greene said:

I am having a problem with eekeeper on Windows 10. It can only load chr files, but it can not load any of the characteristics or equipment and then it crashes on save or close. I am using 1.04

Im just guessing.. but to help troubleshoot I have some ideas.

-If you start BGEE and make a brand new character and save it as a character file, does that work?
    -Are the directories in settings correct? If its not loading in the assets such as equipment files that would make sense its because it cant find them. It also might be why its not loading them as well as why it might not save.
    -(EDIT) If you cant see your save files, the above would also explain that as it most likely has the wrong directories.
    -Is the game upto date with patches?
    -Are the character files from an older version? Like super old version?
    -Do you have any mods? If there is mod equipment I dont know if it will even show the items unless set up that way.
    -If all those are fine, I can always send you a character file I know works for me and/or you can give me your character file and i can see if I can load it?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Zaghoul You're looking at the wrong place, I guess.

AFAIK there are "Total" or "Parcial" MR, let's call that way. What I do know is that some spells receive a flag called "Bypass MR". Benefit spells mostly.

That's why the spell "Magic Resistance" bypasses MR and can be used as a tweak to actually lower the MR of certain foes.

If you want to create a "Total" MR, you'll have to alter every single spell so they receive the flag "Not Bypass MR", but it will affect any and all MR in the game.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    00zim00 said:

j1greene said:

-Are the directories in settings correct? If its not loading in the assets such as equipment files that would make sense its because it cant find them. It also might be why its not loading them as well as why it might not save.
    What @00zim00 says: it does sound like a folder settings problem, as characteristics are also taken from the game files and I'm guessing EEKeeper would crash if it can't find them.
    Raduziel said:

@Zaghoul You're looking at the wrong place, I guess.

AFAIK there are "Total" or "Parcial" MR, let's call that way. What I do know is that some spells receive a flag called "Bypass MR". Benefit spells mostly.

That's why the spell "Magic Resistance" bypasses MR and can be used as a tweak to actually lower the MR of certain foes.

If you want to create a "Total" MR, you'll have to alter every single spell so they receive the flag "Not Bypass MR", but it will affect any and all MR in the game.

Shoot. Well, I don't want all that. Talk about a job, man. :*
    edited August 2017
    Edit:
    I found the issue. Its an issue with the base game.
    Bug #32093 and Bug #28053
    It seems to be an issue with the colors/appearance menu in general with bears as it also crashed when you try and change color on Wilson. It also crashed when you shapechange your druid into a bear and try and change your color.

So therefore hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch or something :)

Anyone know a work around or solution to a crash in "Import Character" when you have set a character to use a different Appearance paper doll?

If I set the appearance of the Character to a Brown Bear and try to import the character file in a new game it crashes the game when I press the appearance button. Im guessing its having an issue loading the Bear paperdoll in the import menu? It seems to work with other appearances, at least the Imp and Mind Flayer but not any of the bears. I tried to work around it by setting the paper Doll to a male fighter then adding a 'Graphics: Polymorph into Specific [135]' to BEARBR (Brown Bear) but it is still crashing on import. The game itself I was using to edit loads and plays fine so im not sure what else it could be. I tried removed all effects I had on him to no avail.
    Post edited by 00zim00 on
    It can load BGEE files, but not Icewind Dale EE. I though t a previous version had worked with Icewind Dale EE.
    I have double checked the settings for the Icewind Dale EE provile
  • darkmoon500darkmoon500 Member Posts: 25
    I'm having issues trying to get this to work on vanilla bg2/ToB, I can see my saved games show when I load it up, but when I click to open one and EEKeeper finishes loading it automatically crashes everytime, also I'm not getting an option to select a language, it just stays as a blank box, I used this C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII-SoA for both my paths what am I missing here? I do not have some of the folders that most of these ppl have as I didn't not buy my game off of beam dog or steam, mines from black isle
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    EEKeeper is specifically for the Enhanced Editions. You need to use ShadowKeeper.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    BillyYank said:

EEKeeper is specifically for the Enhanced Editions. You need to use ShadowKeeper.

I thought it would work for the non-EE versions too?
    Sorry if I misled you @darkmoon500 , I was under the impression that it would work for both and that @Troodon80 would know more about why it wasn't working in your case.
    Yeah I kinda figured that, but I'm actually having issues with shadow keeper, lol, my saved games will load but then when I try to save them in shadow keeper it acts like it works, but I don't see the saved game in the actual bg2 file or in game, but when I reopen shadow keeper I can still see the saved edited game makes no sense, I can't find any info about shadow keeper anymore on any site so I'm asking here cause all I can find is about eekeeper on every site and forum
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    edited August 2017
    @darkmoon500 could ShadowKeeper be saving your edited files in a different folder? That could be why they don't show up in-game.
    Sjerrie said:

@darkmoon500 could ShadowKeeper be saving your edited files in a different folder? That could be why they don't show up in-game.

I tried searching the whole computer and hidden files, no luck, strangest thing I've ever seen, the edited saves show up with my normal saves in shadow keeper, but that's the only place, if I'm in shadow keeper and I try changing the directory and I check the save folder in bg2 I can see the saved folders and edited folders also, it's really strange, even if I reboot the saves are still in shadow keeper and the directory as long as I go through shadow keeper, but just searching the actual directory itself without shadow keeper there's no edited saves, the only thing that I can think of it that it shadow keeper may be adding an extension to the file name that's causing it not to be seen but only in sk, just a theory though, I dunno maybe atweaks, or gibberlings 3 is causing it, all I know it that it worked before I installed those 2 mods, I don't have any other mods
    Anyone know of an option in EEK that would give immunity to normal weapons (+1 or greater need to hit)? Looking through the options I don't see it right off but maybe I missed something. I'm still working my way through the Complete Book of Humanoids and looking to try the little Fremlin for a race.
    @Zaghoul , if your wanting to have the same effect as the spell "Protection from Magical Weapons" , you could just cast that on yourself and then in the editor set all the effects to permanent.

Otherwise it looks like 'Protection: from Melee Weapons [120]' set to 'Type 1' makes you immune to magical weapons. The spell itself gives you some other immunities for balance reasons so might be work looking at it either way.
    @00zim00 Basically just wanting immunity to normal weapons only, all magical weapons should hit him.
    Tried pro from melee set to 2 (immune to non magical weapons)
    works fine

There is a protection from projectiles but doesn't list types so gave lvls and pro from normal missiles spell, removed graphics and made permanent.
    Removed lvls again and spell effects stayed active.

Tested vs skeletal archers and hammer CK assassins and everything worked, so far.
    Lil 1foot tall M/T Fremlin will need that with max con of 13, heh.
    Thanks for the ideas. :)
    I got it, I finally found out the issue, I'm using windows 7, I right clicked on the black isle folder, permissions were already checked for all permissions on administrator, which I am the admin, well I started looking and noticed "user" didn't have all the permissions checked, so I checked them and hit apply and it works, odd I guess I assumed that just cause admin had all checked it would, guess not, so "user" permissions must all be checked, now I can see the save files in the save files folder
  • BalgoriusisBalgoriusis Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    EE Keeper keeps crashing for me when I try to load any save file for BG:EE - here is mine save for the test if someone wants to try. I can see the spell lists etc, even edit char. files but I cant load save files.
  • BalgoriusisBalgoriusis Member Posts: 2
    Or can someone change my proficiency from longsword to hammer? :neutral: , I would like to dualclass my warrior to cleric in the future, after getting grandmastery.
    edited September 2017

Hi,
    EE Keeper keeps crashing for me when I try to load any save file for BG:EE - here is mine save for the test if someone wants to try. I can see the spell lists etc, even edit char. files but I cant load save files.

I tried opening it to and it crashed when I tried to load it into EE Keeper. So I opened it in BG:EE and re-saved which fixed the whatever was wrong with the file and let me edit it for you.

[Link]

Is your BGEE fully upto date? And if so do you have any mods installed?

• LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited September 2017
    Guys, halp.

I have been trying to return to BG2 and wanted to play a little with some mods and modded items. But I can't get the stuff to work. Basically I used DLTCEP to modify an existing item and saved it as another item with changed name. It registers in DLTCEP correctly, it appears in the Override folder of the game.

But when I try to give that item manually to my character, I notice two things: 1) the item is not as it should be - the latest change when I have made all kinds of stuff like flavor text etc. doesn't register at all 2) the EE Keeper keeps crashing when I try to save the file with that item added in the inventory.

Dunno what's going on, it's as if the EE Keeper couldn't recognize the item from the override folder but I think it should, I see no other explanation. It also sees the code for every item I make but doesn't register any flavor text and keeps crashing whenever I try to save with those items.

Is there something I might have forgotten to check/change?

EDIT: ok, for some reason the game stopped crashing after I took some items from the chest in Irenicus' Dungeon. Still no luck with the name update though, it's like ee keeper and the game can't read the description from an item edited in dlcep. Stats are ok, only the name and description can't change...
    Post edited by Lathlaer on
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Lathlaer,

I don't know what's going on there. Can you ZIP and upload the item and a save game so I can test? And a copy of the text you've changed (just copy/paste the text, I'll edit in DLTCEP and see if I can reproduce the issue).
    edited September 2017
    @Troodon80

Okay, but since I deleted those items, I made another quick attempt to address the issue - still doesn't work for some reason.

Here you have a save with my paladin with item helm77 - it's an edited helm of balduran. The stat effect that did take place is the change so that it does not appear on the paperdoll (invisible helmet). However, just for the testing purpose, I removed almost all the flavor text, leaving only

"The fabled helm of Balduran."

Now, when I load this item in dlcep, it loads correctly. However EE Keeper still loads full description of the item (because it was based upon the helm07 and just saved as another item).

I had a long pause from BG and those editing programs so I think I might have forgotten something, though as it usually is - I can't remember what I have forgotten ;-)
    Sorry for double post, but I have managed to resolve the issue after a good night sleep ;-)

Since the DLTCEP files have been internally matching (as in, a saved and loaded item in DLTCEP registered all changes correctly) but not in the EE Keeper AND the game itself, the problem must have been with my DLTCEP config.

Sure enough, I have forgotten to check the English lang. in WeiDu options and I supposed that was the reason why the statistics of the items did change but the description text didn't.

All good now! :)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    edited October 2017
    I have installed the Moravon's Hammer kit and it appears to work fine. I then used EE Keeper to change my small portrait and it doesn't recognise the spell b_mor02.spl, yet it is in the over-ride folder. I get similar problems with other kits. Can anyone explain why EE Keeper doesn't recognise these spells and hopefully suggest an answer to the problem?

EDIT

HAVING INSTALLED THE LATEST VERSION, IT WORKS FINE. :)
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    I'm also having an issue adding items to my character with version 1.4. It crashes when I try to save the changes I've made. Here's the error message: