Skip to content

Game Update v1.0.2014 *HOTFIX* (Now Live!), and other news!

NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
edited March 2013 in Archived News
Hi everyone,

Windows
-We've released a hotfix for build 2014 that fixes the tap delay bug some have been experiencing, especially at higher frame rates.

Mac OSX - Now Live!
-We've hotfixed in proper touchpad support, including pinch-to-zoom and two-finger panning support (Two-finger panning requires OS X 10.7 or later). Give it a try!
-Same tap delay bug hotfix as above

iPad
-Game Update v1.0.2014 is now available!

---

With regards to other news, a big welcome to the ranks of Overhaul developers making Baldur's Gate better and better: @aVENGER, @Balquo, @Cerevant, @DavidW and @Miloch!

edit: and @Ardanis, too!

We look forward to continuing to make Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition better and better for you all. Cheers!

UPDATE: The two-finger pan is only supported by OS X 10.7 or later. It's an unfortunate limitation of earlier OS versions, but there it is. The language above has been modified to clarify this.
Post edited by Nathan on

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Bigger team once more. That bodes well for BGII:EE methinks, not to mention continued support on BG. Glad to hear!... or, err, read.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I was in the forum when Cerevant received the Team Member badge :). Congratulations to all new devs :)
  • HooHoo Member Posts: 128
    Another amazing news here! I'm deeply impressed Overhaul's support, though I was a little disappointed when BG:EE has been released first.

Personally I'd like to see @Ardanis and @Demivrgvs with their great mods. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Congratulations to the new developers!!!!!! Keep up the good work!

@aVENGER, @Balquo, @Cerevant, @DavidW and @Miloch
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Does DavidW coming on board mean SCS might become a 'legit' difficulty option in game?
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    Congrats, guys!
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Thanks all!
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    A warm welcome to @aVENGER, @Miloch, @Balquo, @DavidW, and @Cerevant!!
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Congratulations, new devs. I hope your involement will gave us results soon.
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    edited March 2013
    Well its.... Hot fixed! Check it and see... Its got a fever of a hundred and three... C'mon game can you do more than load... Its hot fixed, hot fixed....
    Post edited by Melicamp on
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Congratulations to the new team members!
    Bhaaldog said:

@Balquo ought to get cameo with his cool avatar :)

Too late, @Bhaaldog: @Balquo already has a cameo (as one of Aldeth's sidekicks in Cloakwood).
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Waitwait, they brought the SCS guy on-board?

That is GREAT. I'm so excited. :]
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yeah, @DavidW's doing a ton of work on portraits. Good stuff!
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    Messi said:

Does DavidW coming on board mean SCS might become a 'legit' difficulty option in game?

Not sure but the physics community are threatening a boycott of baldurs gate
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Bhaaldog said:

Congratulations to the new team members!

Bhaaldog said:

@Balquo ought to get cameo with his cool avatar :)

Too late, @Bhaaldog: @Balquo already has a cameo (as one of Aldeth's sidekicks in Cloakwood).
    Yes, but that is not an evil grinning monster type creature that somewhat spooks me...
    Are you sure? Dopplegangers could look quite innocuous if they wanted.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Miloch My favourite Blue Orc is part of the Team! YES! Things can only get better.

Can we ensure that Balduran's underpants get into the next patch?

Also congratulations to @aVENGER , @DavidW , @Balquo , @Cerevant , Your mods are must in any BG run!

• NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Congrats to the new devs!
    Nathan said:

Mac OSX - Now Live!
    -We've hotfixed in proper touchpad support, including pinch-to-zoom and two-finger panning support. Give it a try! (personally, I like it so much it makes me want to use the touchpad to play the game instead of the mouse...)

On my touchpad, the pinch-to-zoom is working great, but the two-finger panning doesn't work (two-finger slide just zooms, like it did before this patch).

I'm using 10.6 on a MacBook Pro.
  • ZefhyrZefhyr Member Posts: 183
    Congratulations !
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Nifft said:

On my touchpad, the pinch-to-zoom is working great, but the two-finger panning doesn't work (two-finger slide just zooms, like it did before this patch).

I'm using 10.6 on a MacBook Pro.

Can you let me know what model MBP you have? Apple / About this mac / More info
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Nifft
    It looks like the two-finger pan is a gesture that's not recognized by 10.6.8. We've updated the language in the announcement to clarify:

The two-finger pan is only supported by OS X 10.7 or later. It's an unfortunate limitation of earlier OS versions, but there it is.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    I finally purchased BG2 because you signed aVenger and DavidW. Now you just need to get wisp and then you'll have all the best mods you need to be added to make this a true Enhanced Edition.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    This makes me excited...

IMA FIREN MAH LAZARS!!!1!!1!! VROOOOOO!!!!!!!!1!!1!!1!
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    ^ Also because scripters are not signing off their mods just because they're onboard.
  • bossfarmbossfarm Member Posts: 8
    Can you explain why I have to re-download the whole game to get a hotfix? Unfortunately I don't have the best internet and this amount of bandwidth is very inconvenient.
This discussion has been closed.