Skip to content

[BUG] Traps being disarmed. However message popping up to say they are not.

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
Imoen has Find Traps 100. She can disarm all traps.

In House 3 (according to dudleyville) Gullykin, downstairs both traps appear to be disarmed, with sound effect. Message appears Not disarmed. You can then unlock and nothing else happens.

Not a gamebreaker unless you call not getting the xp gamebreaking.

Again reporting for reportings sake.

*Please let no one else have reported first. I did a search on google and everything...*

Comments

• bbrossbbross Member Posts: 9
    I have experienced this as well in the Bandit Camp on at least two chests in two different tents. Is it confirmed to be a bug ? I don't see it listed in the recap.

Expected behavior :
    Feedback should say "trap disarmed" if the disarming was a success, and "trap not disarmed" if it failed. In the case of the latter, trap should still pop when trying to open target container.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I completely forgot about this bug. I will go check it out. There has been an update since.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Anduin Those traps are meant to be undetectable. They summon the guards.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Although... How did I find them?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Hence the bug.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited May 2013
    The undetectable traps in the bandit camp will be fixed in the next patch. The one in Gullykin still needs to be fixed.
  • bbrossbbross Member Posts: 9
    Great. Thanks for the quick feedback.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Gullykin and Nashkel carnival traps should be fixed in next patch as well.
  • djcdjc Member Posts: 76
    I had a similar experience in Hall of Wonders. Alora tried to disarm a trap from the container closest to entrance, which lead to "Trap not disarmed"-notification. Gulping Potion of Perception and recheck no longer revealed a trap. Even opening the container did not trigger it, so it just vanished.