Skip to content

Drizzt Do'Urden Strikes Back...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
The user and all related content has been deleted.
  1. Drizzt Do'Urden Strikes Back...142 votes
    1. Yes! Having Drizzt in ToB would be amazing
      18.31%
    2. No! There is no need for Drizzt in ToB
      66.90%
    3. The Drow Rule Supreme!
      14.79%

Comments

• Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    As much as I'm a fan of Drizzt, he doesn't belong in the game like that.
  • DarrylsonDarrylson Member Posts: 87
    The path to supremacy for a male lies either in the bedchamber or in the books of the mages.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    He would feel out of place.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    I'm not a fan of drows, and especially Drizzt. I feel that having him in the game to start with is purely fanservice and he really has no place in this game. I used to enjoy drow lore and history. But after everyone i played with wanted to play a drow ranger, and the NWN campaign hordes of the underdark was purely about them, they just lost all their charm in my eyes.

Now i'm more interested in halflings and stuff, perhaps it's partly because i don't follow what is 'mainstream.

I don't want to see anything more drow in the Baldur's gate series, not in this one and not in BG3 (if it will come).
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Sarevok and Irenicus are the only ones allowed to turn up like a bad penny.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I think it'd be "meh".
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    That would be very cool, But add in
    Wulfgar, Regis , Cattle brie , Bruenor Battlehammer
  • secretmantrasecretmantra Member Posts: 259
    I feel there would be a danger of Drizzt overshadowing the charname in importance to the story. Thus, sadly he must stay out.

It would be cool if he popped in briefly to help in a battle or some such though.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Drow are awesome, but that doesn't mean they should be put into everything, at any cost; especially not Drizzt, who's a bit of a wuss, really, by drow standards.
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    A worthless male who fell in combat with a couple werebears should hide in shame.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    For Lolth! We fight!
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Darrylson said:

The path to supremacy for a male lies either in the bedchamber or in the books of the mages.

Gotta earn the bedchamber, first. Prowess in war, spells, or both do help in that regard, though.

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    The best surfacer is a DEAD surfacer!
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Foggy said:

A worthless male who fell in combat with a couple werebears should hide in shame.

I only read the first 24 Drizzt books. Did this happen?

• bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
    i don't like the idea of Drizzt being a follower,it's like recruiting Elminster,these figures are too imortant to just follow you around.

sidenote: Sarevok is a different case,he spent his life on Alaundo's prophecies and since he lost his chance for godhood and has nothing left to care he wishes to see the end of it.
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136
    Drizzt is cool and all but his story has already been told and ToB doesn't feel like the kind of thing he'd be involved in either.

I'd rather have some other old timer from the series be able to join you. Like... Winthrop the neat Jester! He could tidy up your pocket plane a bit... "As clean as a demon's conscience..." He could be my sidekick any day.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Drizzle De'turban... I distinctly remember killing him without werebears...

Saveoursock... I distinctly remember killing him with twinkle and icing death...

What! We get to choose who we want to bring back from the dead and join us on an epic quest to god hood!

Errrrm... Will Drizzle want his swords back?

I choose... Garrick!

(Well, I killed him as well! What! Due to Garrick's awesomeness and potential game spoiling potentiality he is not an option! Hiss! Boo! *in a non hamster name calling way*)
  • drakescar9drakescar9 Member Posts: 65
    i have to admit i love drizzt, but him in TOB as a recruitable charcter would be out of place, altuogh if he helped me take out Sendai as an ally i'd be ok with it
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    edited March 2013
    tilly said:

At first I thought, no that Drizzt has no place in ToB. -_-

But then again... I wouldn't mind hearing about players handing him his ass to steal his equipment for the third time. ;) Poor guy just can't get a break.

That would make a great Easter Egg! Let Cespenar forge all six of the scimitars into something wicked ^^
  • dstoltzfusdstoltzfus Member Posts: 280
    Terrible. He does not belong. He shouldn't have been included in the series at all.
  • Jared4242Jared4242 Member Posts: 130
    He should be in the game, but not as an NPC.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    After I killed him BG1, he should of no longer existed in any literature.
  • The_Shairs_HandbookThe_Shairs_Handbook Member Posts: 219
    edited March 2013
    any famous Npc Should be almost like Elminister and Cadderly... they come up to you talk then disappears (maybe giving you a guidence, quest or asking you some quastions)... not really a fan of famous NPC joining me as followers....
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

any famous Npc Should be almost like Elminister and Cadderly... they come up to you talk then disappears (maybe giving you a guidence, quest or asking you some quastions)... not really a fan of famous NPC joining me as followers....

You mean: "they come to you to talk and die, giving you 26k and 10k xp"?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I've never managed to kill Elminster. He just drops cows on me, turns me into squirrels and then teleports away.
    @Eudaemonium
    Set 5/6 traps, lure him, hit with ranged weapons, $$$.
    @Eudaemonium
    Set 5/6 traps, lure him, hit with ranged weapons, $$$.
    With Cadderly it's just a matter of kiting.