Skip to content

[Bug] Farmer Brun not noticing his son's corpse

SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
edited April 2013 in Not An Issue
Playing evil party, so haven't accepted the quest, but I did pick up his sons corpse from the ankheg nest. Now I'm standing in front of his dad and if I initiate a dialogue, he just keeps saying: "There's nothing I can do. Nothing..." And yeah, nothing happens, even the dead body is not removed from my inventory.
I also have to mention, that after first talking to the guy, I did many things. I think this was before the bandit camp, now I have cleared out the Cloakwood, and did some adventuring in Ulcaster and Firewine. I also changed the party (Xzar and Monty left, and I picked up Safana and the "Secret" Companion).
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I'm guessing that if you refuse to do his quest the first time he never gives you a second chance.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited April 2013
    This is not a bug. If you refuse to help Brun the first time you met him, you get the proper entry in the journal and the quest is over.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Yeah, but isn't it weird that I have his dead son's body lolling on my back, then making it wave at him him, maybe playing some marionette, and after all this... he just doesn't give a shit!
  • webspyderwebspyder Member Posts: 27
    Serious post necro here but since I found this one, didn't want to start a new one. I have to agree with the OP. Even if the party gets nothing for returning the body, he should recognize that you have his son's corpse and take him.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @webspyder You can post bug reports and feature requests at support.baldursgate.com.