Skip to content

The things you want that you know won't happen. *BG2 SPOILERS*

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    GemHound said:

Here is a thing I have always wondered yet it was never fixed or even looked at.

In the video at the end of SoA, there are 7 people sitting around the table. You fight "The 5" Bhaalspawn and Melissan... Who is the seventh person? I would personally like to see this seventh person somewhere in the game.

Doesn't Abazigal have a son that you kill? Draconis? I forget the exact names and relationship. But maybe the 7th person is Abazigal's son in human form, along with Abazigal himself.
  • LarkairnLarkairn Member Posts: 22
    Excuse me if i'm wrong but I seem to recall Beamdog saying that a third installment could be made a reality depending on the success of the enhanced edition. Maybe the whole confrontation of Bhaal could be used in that? But then i'm not very knowledgeable on the lore so it might not work, can I get a better opinion of this?
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    You know, I just want to say that when I first played ToB I absolutely hated it, but other people I talked too were mostly fine with it and I wondered if I just disliked it because BG2 seemed so wonderful that, in my mind, adding to the story only hurt it.

I'm glad to see other people hated the story too. Its nice when people hate the same things.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited April 2013
    i would add Mazzy content turning her paladin would be nice as well as romance option for shorties

i would add Shar-Teel and Alora as companions(i wonder if this is actualy a breech of contract)

i would add Illasara content to flesh her out abit in TOB maybe have her flee and comeback later or add a trip to her hideout

i would also change a certain someones epilogue
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Samus said:

Being able to make more than one piece of armour from dragon scales. What, there isn't enough to go around? n.n

I was surprised they could not add boots, helmet and perhaps a shield as well...
    You mean you didn't get the Red Dragon Boots, Helm or Shield?
    Samus said:

Unfortunately not...

I believe you have to make multiple trips between Cromwell and the respective dragons, since you can only carry enough scales for one item at a time. However, I believe you have to be fast since the bodies decay.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I got the red dragon club when I killed Firkraag, a +3 Club that does fire damage.
    It takes a special kind of knife and skillpoints in some rather grisly skills to acquire though.
    Samus said:

Red Dragon meat not only tastes good, but it widely known to have strong restorative properties! Perhaps some sort of potion could be concocted from the remains of the corpse...

The only real problem is cooking it, since red dragons are immune to fire it tends to be rather hard to make their meat edible. Your best bet is a very rare steak.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    So many but here is a few
    Romance options for Mazzy , Valygar, Haer Dalis and Nalia
    More druid only spells
    Cleric Class kits for all 9 alignments
    Class kits that require a specific race or gender(ex. Truesword kkit for Halfling or Bladesinger for Elf )
    more wilderness areas
    be able to get your BG1 equipment back
    Considering they added a Dwarf-only classkit, I don't think other race-only kits are that out of the question.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801

Samus said:

Red Dragon meat not only tastes good, but it widely known to have strong restorative properties! Perhaps some sort of potion could be concocted from the remains of the corpse...

The only real problem is cooking it, since red dragons are immune to fire it tends to be rather hard to make their meat edible. Your best bet is a very rare steak.
    Naw, eat it fresh and raw.

GemHound said:

Samus said:

Naw, eat it fresh and raw.

That only works if your character is a barbarian.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    What about if your toon is a berserker?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dawnlancedawnlance Member Posts: 25
    Have all the six racial division of elves: gold elves, moon elves, wild elves, sea elves, dark elves (drow), and winged elves, with special appearance respectively. It would be even better to have new kits for some of them.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited April 2013
    @typo_tilly, there are a lot of issues that happen in the party, not just Edwin and Minsc eventual clash.

Korgan can end battling you, just to state. Korgan has 3 banters with main char, on them he spoke about his time with his previous party and tell the tales of his bloodsick behavior and how he mistreated his ex-party members.

On these banters you have 3 options of answer, agree with him (after all the strong should always rule), condemn his acts and he will think less of you and as a 3° option you can show your disgust and disdain for his behavior in words.

If you choose the 3° option he will enrage and openly defy you, if you apologise he will think less of you, if your sustain your statements he will leave the party and will attack you (you lose him as an NPC this way).

Edwin also enter in conflict and attack Keldorn after a while of both in the party. Keldorn also enter in conflict with Viconia, he warn the main char to remove her from the party, if that's not done he will attack her after a while. By the way, in your first meet with keldorn, if you refuse to identify yourself to him on the sewers he will also attack you.

Anomen, if fails on his knighthood test become chaotic neutral, and fallen anomen after a while enter in conflict with Aerie or Keldorn if any (or both) are in the party, still he will not attack Jan Jansen, what makes no sense, taking the fact the gnome push him to his limits with jokes.

If you kick Jaheira from you party she will go to the Harper compound on the docks, if you go to her and try to speak with her there and have 6 or less of reputation, she will invoke some harper agents to assist her and will attack you (but she doesn't complain if she is in the party and you hit 6 or less in reputation).

In underdark, while you're disguised as a drow, if you choose to kill the svirfneblin patrol to get the helmet of the patrol leader, if Jan Jansen is on the party he will leave and will attack you (so, evil parties with jansen as the thief, be careful).

In an old path, a very long time ago, if viconia was in the party and you reach rep 20, she would leave eventually (of course), but after leave she goes hostile to the party, this has been fixed in the last path of the old game.

Vaylgar and Edwin should come to clash eventually, but i never noticed if they fight or not.

Extra info:

For incredible that this can appear, Korgan get along extremly well with Keldorn (1) and Mazzy (2).

(1) For more evil that Korgan can be, Keldorn see him only as a selfish person, a flaw that can be fixed in his view and Korgan despite his disdain for paladins and stupid goody two shoes in general, as he see the issue, recognize and respect Keldorn power in the battlefield (what for me just point how prejudiced the paladin is, viconia isn't even evil in fact and her alignment can change in ToB, Korgan in other hand love his bloodlust).

(2) Korgan flirt with mazzy and try to get along with her but she despite him.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited August 2013
    Felt like necroing this thread.

I'm going to go with more extensive quests involved with the druid and paladin strongholds. Both seem to be classes that could be unique in their own way but these two I think are probably the most lacking. That and better rewards (Root of the Problem is nice but its not that impressive compared to the clubs you can get around this point).
    Post edited by elminster on
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    @Drugar

Definitely like your idea. Too bad it's impossible. Melissan is easily the worst villain out of all the Bioware RPGs.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,582

Starting NPCs based on charname's alignment - if good, as is (Jaheira, Minsc, Imoen, dead Khalid) - if neutral: Jaheira, Branwen (possibly revamped/dualed as fighter to fill in for Minsc), Imoen, dead Khalid - if evil: Shar-Teel, Eldoth, Imoen, dead Skie (to stick with the dead spouse theme). Branwen and Shar-Teel would be in Minsc's cage and freed in a similar way, just a different provocation ("weak woman" or something) to enrage them.

I actually outlined a possible "evil alt" beginning in this thread here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/4550/imagine-an-alternate-evil-beginning-for-bg2/p1

With regard to your scenerio, I would suggest keeping Skie alive and having Eldoth as the dead one. I think it will allow for more interesting dialogue and subplotting - remember in BG1, Skie will actually mourn for Eldoth when he dies ("You can't die Eldoth!"), whereas Eldoth just says "Aww, too bad!" when Skie dies. On top of that, I think it would be more useful to have a single class thief who can stick with you all the way through TOB.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Ascension integrated into the game by default.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I wish:

1. People to understand that forcing Ascension into game would result in it being unbeatable by anyone who isn't powergaming.
    2. Recover of source art, resulting in great graphic improvements
    3. More NPC interractions
    4. Revamped reputation/karma system.
    5. To power up some underpowered classes, so that player could create his character basing on which concept he really likes, instead of "this class is strong, this class sucks"
    6. Pathfinding to be improved.
    7. More romance options, especialy for female gamers.
    8. That all weapon choices being viable.
    9. There should be more consequences of player's actions
    10. Playing evil should have it's pros too.
    11. Improved portrait managament
    12. Difficulty level system to be revamped, not only increasing damage dealt to the party.

But as we all know, it won't happen.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292

8. That all weapon choices being viable.

This is actually possible.
    Yep, just like spears and throwing daggers are viable in BG1.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Throwing daggers are better than bows because they benefit from strength damage bonus.

The only problem with them is that the lowest weight value in BG is 1, so they all weigh 1, so if you carry 240 of them...
    And you cannot harm any creature that is immune to normal weapons. In BG1, that is. The fact is, they are still not viable in BG:EE, even with feature request being created for them.