Skip to content

The things you want that you know won't happen. *BG2 SPOILERS*

13»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited August 2013

And you cannot harm any creature that is immune to normal weapons. In BG1, that is. The fact is, they are still not viable in BG:EE, even with feature request being created for them.

There are only a handful of creatures in BG1 that are immune to normal weapons. Vampiric wolves being one rare example (the other prominent one being werewolves/wolfweres). You can always switch to the dagger of venom or any other such melee dagger if you want to fight them. I'm not opposed to them adding enchanted throwing daggers to BGEE but they certainly are a viable weapon.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    More Lilarcor dialogue.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 380
    I'd like to see some kind of closure to Nalia, Jan, and Valygar. Nalia and Jan's personal quests just kinda ended on a cliff-hanger and it annoys me that they were not fully played out. I never really used Valygar but from what I understand he suffered from a similar problem. I'd also see more on the Twisted Rune, the Crooked Crane's Lich, and what Kalah was promised. I know there is a mod that tries to explains Kalah's thing, but I'm just saying that there are a lot of things that should have been wrapped up and were not. And it also goes without saying that I'd like to see all the old NPCs interact with the new NPCs in some way.

On a related note I want to say that if they add any new NPCs to BG2EE then my request remains the same: only add new characters with kits or races that are not used a lot already.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 380

I wish:

12. Difficulty level system to be revamped, not only increasing damage dealt to the party.

Personally I think difficulty levels in ALL games need to be revamped. I think there should be different aspects of a game that we could turn on and off and the game shows a 'difficulty' level based on what options we leave on or turn off. Like I could choose to roll maximum hit points but still have permament character deaths, chance to fail to learn spells, and have enemies deal 50% or 100% more damage. Basically, I choose my handicaps. I also would say that changing difficulty during game is lame and should be set and unchangeable from the beginning.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Drugar said:

A remake of the Throne of Bhaal section, removing Mellissan.

I made a post about it half a year ago; http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6215/rewriting-throne-of-bhaal/p1

And in the end, when you land your final blow, there'll be no Solar giving you the choice of Godhood or not. This never made any sense, Solars are the purest beacons of Good, they'd never allow a CE Charname to ascend to godhood if they could stop it. Her visits in the pocketplane were to try and steer you away from the dark path, but in the end, it's a choice YOU have to make and arrange, not have some random angel do the work for you after you say yes or no.
    When Bhaal is on his knees and defeated, you can choose. Grab him by the throat and absorb his power or destroy him utterly? YOU do the deed and grab the power yourself, instead of it being given to you by a heavenly tart.

Maybe Jergal can replace the solar. He is the true power behind al the dead related gods :D:):D:)
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    @artificial_sunlight I wouldn't mind some involvement of Jergal, but I feel the moment is more powerful when Charname does it herself. It's her decision, her storyline, her moment. Having someone in between Charname and Bhaal who does the transaction of power lessens the impact of your decision because it takes the power out of your hands and lets someone else deal with it.

Offtopic;
    It's a pet peeve I have with many RPG's, movies and other stories (but mostly RPG's), the initiative is often not the protagonist's. He or she is merely flung into a plot and while she can make decisions along the way, they're always offered by someone else. It rarely happens that the main character says "To hell with everyone, here's what we're going to do" without someone first telling him what his four options are.

To use BG as an example;
    -Someone tells you to leave Candlekeep
    -Someone tells you to solve the iron crisis
    -Plot demands you take out the Bandit Camp and Cloakwood Mines and then the entire Iron Throne because 'they're behind all this'.
    -Your hand is forced to keep chasing Sarevok

So for once in the series, it would be nice to be able to give 'your destiny' the finger, stab Bhaal in the eye yourself and leave his power to rot, just walking away from it all without someone telling you to make that choice.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    edited August 2013
    Bringing back BG1 NPCs (either removing the fact that EVERY ONE OF THEM DIES or putting in quests to let you res them somehow) or way more new NPCs. I don't like a lot of the BG2 NPCs.

Quest to restore Yoshimo
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited August 2013
    The addition of freetime activities for CHARNAME & Co. would be quite sweet to have. Even gods of murder in-the-making need to chill out some time! Perhaps some fishing ponds and rods in new locations? Amnwater would be a nice, small settlement for that purpose, I believe. ;)
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    @Drugar
    I agree, but Jergal could replace the solar in your pocket plane
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Yeah, all here for the quest to restore Yoshimo. Adding his other stuff is optional, but would be appreciated.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I want a redemption/resurrection for Yoshimo.

I also want a Blackguard or Evil-exclusive stronghold.

Being able to make more than one piece of armour from dragon scales. What, there isn't enough to go around? n.n

There's only enough good pieces of the right sizes on any given creature to make so many suits of a particular variety of armor. Full plate was always one suit per dragon in 3.5, as far as I'm aware.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566

There's only enough good pieces of the right sizes on any given creature to make so many suits of a particular variety of armor. Full plate was always one suit per dragon in 3.5, as far as I'm aware.

Depends on the age and size of the dragon. Young dragons yield only enough to make simple leather, you need a fullgrown older adult for a set of full plate. Apparently the scales are impossible to work with and finding ones that are suitable for armourmaking is quite tricky, hence the bigger the dragon, the bigger the yield of viable scales.

I never quite got how you're supposed to get them off the dragon though. I mean, either you take a lot of points in Profession: Skinner or you have to hire a team to dissect the massive carcas, down in the deep dungeon. It just seems a bit roundabout.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Yoshimo did say he was willing... Agree that valygar needs fleshing out (he's somehow more dead than his dead relatives... I enjoyed using him when I didn't want CF for my pc, but he makes trees seem talkative), Jan's quest ends unpleasantly, and Tor gal was clearly left hanging. Didn't use Nalia enough to care about her story beyond her keep. She seemed like watered down Imoen. And I preferred Jan to Imoen. So Nalia is in a tie with Anomen as the most unplaced NPc for me. He made my female pcs celibate...

With an evil female thief, I think a LN fighter would be welcome, or a neutral barbarian. Very much would enjoy a ce halfling female barbarian to replace Shar teel. Might crossover with Korgan, but if she doesnt use axes, and isnt intelligent (or is psycho), you could have some differences still. The neutral tank could be something peculiar, like a kobold. Erm, kobold sorcerer might be interesting too, neutral has no pure Mage in bg2.

How about some iwd2 tongue in cheek reference stuff? It's forgotten realms lore, and the iwd items weren't in iwd either. Iwd2 takes place well before bg2 iirc, 70 yearsish?
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    I don't want a rewrite of TOB. I don't want Ascension added to TOB.

I want TOB Enhanced.

That means more Major Bhaalspawn to fight. Not neccesarily add ons to the Five. Just other major players who descend on Tethyr (possibly at Mellisan's goading, but that's not important). Personally I'd like to see a Derro Bhaalspawn, with lots of his followers (perhaps escaped from/feuding with Sendai?) in a complex with lots of creepy slowly rotating stone platforms.

Maybe a few more dragons. Maybe a random dungeon or two.

I want Baeloth and some BG1 NPCs summonable by the fate spirits in the pocket plane.

For SOA, I'd like one of Ellesime's elven guards to be a joinable party member who follows you into TOB, so that Ellesime can keep an eye on you and/or the Bhaalspawn war.

And as much as I love taking Bhodi's side in the guild war, I'd also like a third option. Maybe turn against the Shadow Thieves and side with Mae'var if you're REALLY evil, and then after you win the guild war for HIM, he's the one that arranges passage for you etc.

It would be great to kill Saemon in SOA so he doesn't turn up in TOB at all, the smuggling operation goes on just fine without him, under the command of the smuggler you meet in the cave.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    @Arcalian so... You'd side with the Nightmasks? That is who Mae'var was interested in iirc. As in, screw one vamp for another? I wouldn't mind offing Bloodscalp some playthroughs.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    @DreadKhan

Jan's quest gets a VERY happy (and absolutely hilarious) ending....it's just a bit more delayed in it's final resolution then other quests typically are.
  • MythrarMythrar Member Posts: 1
    I think that they should add a romance for Edwina.
  • DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    A satisfying ending to Jan's character quest? Maybe involving the death of a certain gnomish mobster?
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    I'd love to see new character sprites that won't look like ass on top of the beautiful new HD backgrounds.

I mean, hell, they looked pretty awful in BGEE, and that was on top of heavily-filtered low-res art.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    edited August 2013
    I'd like Khalid to be in the cage & a romance with him for a female PC. Whut? I can dream, can't I?

I'd also like Ano's romance expanded so you can a. Tell him he's being an ass with ending the romance (which would suit less goody-goody players) b. shut the romance down with coming off as a right bitch and move it to a friendship path, and c. expand it so there are repercussions - if you take him down the lawful good path - when he
    runs off to confront Saerk after finding out he was implicated in Moira's death after all. What he does, even if you manage to stop him and don't lose him for good is pretty terrible and there should be consequences.