Skip to content

Anyone else having problems with the forum website?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2014
    I just have been logged out three FOUR five six seven times in a row, even beaten @CamDawg's record of six.
    Time to update this: it reached 14 @Tresset‌ is beating me now.
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I've been logged out today as well.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited April 2014
    I must have been booted at least 15 times today...

Probably approaching 30 actually...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I'm constantly logging in just to give reactions to all your wonderful posts here, good people;)

It looks like: I enter a thread, read a post, want to give a like/agree/insightful, get a 503 error, refresh the page, find myself logged out, log in again, give my reaction at last, read another post, want to give a like/agree/insightful, get a 503 error.. ohh well... Have been doing it for an hour already
    I keep getting kicked out!
    bengoshi said:

I'm constantly logging in just to give reactions to all your wonderful posts here, good people;)

It looks like: I enter a thread, read a post, want to give a like/agree/insightful, get a 503 error, refresh the page, find myself logged out, log in again, give my reaction at last, read another post, want to give a like/agree/insightful, get a 503 error.. ohh well... Have been doing it for an hour already

So true :)
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Sometimes, after it logs me out, it logs me back in again. I feel like a ghost popping in and out of walls. :/
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    If I'd been home and checking the forums as regularly as I normally do, I imagine it would've been quite a bit worse for me. As it is, I have still gotten logged out or been forced to reload a page to like something several times.
    Its gotten to the point where I don't always get notifications when people post on here lol. There is like 50/50 chance of me getting one. I got one when Nonnahswriter wrote here but not Elrandir.
    This is really getting ridiculous. I can't upload files because of the issue.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Tangible problems commenting on posts at the moment.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    Heartbleed bug is taking over the internet. :)
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Is there an admin or other person in charge of forum-technical stuff that can shed some light on this situation?
    If it is still happening it is probably caused by some issues at Vanilla's end (Vanilla is the company that hosts the forums). In that case we would just have to wait for them to fix it, or possibly someone from Beamdog could complain to them if they feel it is necessary.
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    I don't know how about you but it seems that this annoying situation is over?
    For now
    That was really, truly ominous. I totally heard that in Irenicus' voice.
    *died for the second time today, do not, I repeat, do not resuscitate*
    -oh wait-
    It's already tomorrow and I'm still playing.
    I haven't noticed any issues today, but I confess I haven't been dawdling around the forums as much as usual.
    Here we go again... Pages keep failing to load for me and I get a blank white screen.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    edited April 2014
    Tresset said:

Here we go again... Pages keep failing to load for me and I get a blank white screen.

Huh, I thought it was just our internet going wonky. Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem. (Although it's happening a lot less today.)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited April 2014
    I think I was logged out four Five times today.
    I had two complete crashes form my computer (hard drive is dying from OD) but even with that I've been logged out once.
    And on tuesday I had to restart my computer 5 times, so it isn't a record form today :P
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    Had some loggin trouble yesterday and some white screens,but it seems better now.
    Just got kicked out. Hopefully this isn't the start of something! :(
    edited May 2014
    I am curious as to whether this is typical of most forums or if it is just this one that likes to kick people all the time...

Uh oh! I just got an error message when I tried to post this. Not a good sign...
    503 errors are back.
    D:
    They are the spawn that will be sown in chaos through their footsteps!
    Yea its getting worse for me.
    I've been logged out a couple times. Nothing major, but I've not been on much today.