Skip to content

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 3)

Comments

• JorkanJorkan Member Posts: 74
    When will we find out more information about the new patch? I want to wait until the patch comes out before starting a new game that I'll use for importation in to BG2EE.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    How many of the improvements in the next patch will we need to start a new game to enjoy?
  • NordomNordom Member Posts: 22
    @Dee Are you going to fix Wizard Slayer in EE? Miscast magic should apply to ranged weapons.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/48/improve-wizard-slayer
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    @Dee What about upcoming BGEE patch notes? I'd love to see the list of bugs fixed and features implemented)))

I'm like waiting for the beta patch cause it's getting colder in Russia and fall evenings are getting longer, but it's almost 2 months till BG2EE so I'd love to devote a part of my unoccupied evenings to smth useful but at the same time fun to play with (and don't write about girls cause that's what nighttime is for)))))
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Will the upcoming patch potentially cause issues with some of the mods which have been released so far (SCS etc...)?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    element said:

i asked one these befor but never saw an anser so ill ask again

1. will BG2EE feature more origional music

Yes.
    2. whats up with the portrait in the trailer is that new portrait and will we be getting more?
    There are actually two new portraits in the trailer. I think everybody noticed one of them; can you spot the other?
    3. will any of the new npcs have the potential to change alignment during the game?
    I don't want to give anything away, but the new NPCs all have very deep storylines. Not everything is as simple as it appears on the surface.

I have a more specific question about importing items.

In the original trilogy some items that we had when we imported the saved game could be found in Irenicus's dungeon. Is that going to be preserved and/or expanded upon?

We have to be careful about adding new loot to the first dungeon; it was designed very specifically to introduce new players to the mechanics of the game without overstocking their inventories (the first quest after the dungeon would be compromised if you could just sell all your items and meet the expected goal). So as far as I know, we haven't added any new items to that first area. But keep an eye out; you'll probably spot some familiar items throughout the game.

This question has been asked already but this question has almost certainly been over looked.

Am having a problem with the UI and a major problem with the Journal. Sometimes the UI(on the left) goes to the bottom of the screen and unable to use the UI for important things such as resting. Any suggestions?

On the journal I get a new quest but the journal does not update this and can fundamentally stop myself from knowing where to go (tried going to another are but this doesn't help). Again any suggestions or known workarounds?

I know the Journal will be fixed in the next update but this is quite a major bug that should be fixed ASAP.

As far as I know there's no workaround at the moment--but the next patch will fix the issues. It might not fix your existing journal, but if you start a new game you should notice significant improvements.
    gholam said:

Will you make changes to the epic abilities?

So far as I know, the high-level abilities have not been changed. That's not to say we won't examine them later on, but for now they'll work the same way they did in the original.
    jamesker said:

Are their lots of riddles in BG2 enhanced new content? I loved the riddles in bg2

As much as I hate giving @Kaeloree the chance to one-up me on the forums, I think he's probably better-equipped to answer this question, since he helped write the new content and I still haven't had a chance to play through it (I've been...um...busy). :)
    decado said:

Will the upcoming patch potentially cause issues with some of the mods which have been released so far (SCS etc...)?

This patch shouldn't break any existing mods, but I'm not a modder, so I couldn't answer that with any great certainty. @aVENGER may be able to offer some better insight.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I don't know if this has been answered or not, but what is the possibility of future projects at overhaul going to kickstarter for funding? Is it possible to kickstart icewindale EE, ps: t: EE, or even BG3? You don't have to get in to specifics, but is it possible?
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Will multiplayer be available without jumping through hoops and being "in beta" while in beta?
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    CoryNewb said:

I don't know if this has been answered or not, but what is the possibility of future projects at overhaul going to kickstarter for funding? Is it possible to kickstart icewindale EE, ps: t: EE, or even BG3? You don't have to get in to specifics, but is it possible?

Anything is possible but currently we are working on BG:EE and BG2:EE. Who knows what the future will bring.

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I was going to wait until the Beta, but I gots to know!

Did you guys fix the issues with cone AoEs? I've had a dormant Dragon Disciple run for months, waiting for the day that his breath weapon works properly. It will be the first thing I test when the Beta opens up, and I'm really, really hoping it works properly.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Balquo said:

CoryNewb said:

Anything is possible but currently we are working on BG:EE and BG2:EE. Who knows what the future will bring.

After the big time success of project eternity, I know you guys have to be interested in the possibility of going this route. The fact that it is in play makes me thankful that your hands aren't too tied down to one funding model by contractual obligations or something out of your control.

Thanks for the reply :)
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Dee said:

Linkamus said:

Are there any plans to make Rasaad a Sun Soul Monk?

Reasons why I think he should be:

1. Because he says he is one.
    2. For BG1, regular monks are pretty worthless. Giving him this kit would make him a bit more useful.

I apologize if this question has already been answered... I searched around to see if it had, but couldn't find anything concrete.

In the next patch Rasaad will be given the kit, yes (although you'll need to start a new game for the change to take effect).
    Since playing as/with Monks can be a bit tricky will the Sun Soul Monk kit make Rasaad a bit tougher?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Dee said:

There are actually two new portraits in the trailer. I think everybody noticed one of them; can you spot the other?

The Dwarfy protrait??

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Dee said:

jamesker said:

Are their lots of riddles in BG2 enhanced new content? I loved the riddles in bg2

As much as I hate giving @Kaeloree the chance to one-up me on the forums, I think he's probably better-equipped to answer this question, since he helped write the new content and I still haven't had a chance to play through it (I've been...um...busy). :)
    Alas, there are no new riddles, as such. There's plenty of other stuff that should entertain you, though. ;)
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    @Dee - some just-out-of-sheer-curiosity questions :)
    How many people are actively involved in the EEs?
    How many people are in Overhaul's staff, generally speaking?
    How many of you are telecommuting, and where from?
    How many of you had/choose to relocate to Edmonton, and where from?
    How many of you haul from Canada originally?
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    edited September 2013
    Will BG2EE delve deeper into illithid conspiracy plot that was uncovered on these forums? Or at least mention it in some easter eggs?

Will Mark Meer finally say something familiar like "I am commander Rasaad, and this is my favorite inn in Alkathla"?

We already know that blackguards wont get their own stronghold. What about other classes that could use it, like monk or barbarian?

Will Dorn, Neera and Rasaad have brand-new portraits for BG2EE, to keep with tradition of the series?
  • KalindorKalindor Member Posts: 51
    Oh, yeah! The Blonde Imoen guy! Autograph, please.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    @Kaeloree
    What about @DavidW author of the best and essential mod for BG - Sword Coast Stratagems?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @DavidW isn't a core team member on BG2EE, though we love having him around when we see him!
This discussion has been closed.