Skip to content

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 3)

Comments

• karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    edited September 2013
    Which mods are you intergrating to BG2:EE, have you increased the zoom out distance compared to BG:EE? and what about Dave Gaiders additional bhaal powers?
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    I really enjoyed the riddles in Baldurs gate 2, can we expect any more to be in the added content?
    Jairyanna
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Baxyratty said:

Forgive me if this has already been asked but will Dorn, Neera, Rassad, and unrelieved thief woman have banter/dialog with vanilla bg2 party npcs?

Yes.

FredjoFlashburn
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    Will the BG1:EE patch we've been waiting on hit before Bg2:EE drops? I am just wondering if I'll have time to have a play through with the patch before BG2EE is available.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @AndrewFoley Holy shit, Dorn's introductory section, every time I play, so much laughter. SO MUCH.

You guys have so much to look forward to.
    elminsterStarflower2525Shin
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416

Madhax said:

Dee or anybody else in blue: Which of the new NPCs are you most proud of, in terms of BG2EE content? I'm sure "why" is tightly under wraps, so I'd be content with a one-word answer.

In terms of the overall story, I'm happiest with the new NPC, for reasons I can't go into.

If it was solely a matter of dialogue, I'd probably choose Dorn (a lot of that may be tied into the experience of listening to Gord Marriott recording Dorn's dialogue. I just hope we can release some of the outtakes of his ad libbed conversations between Dorn and Bugs Bunny between takes someday.)

Thanks! Seems like the evil party for my first BG2EE run, unless other devs have wildly different opinions.

Follow-up question: Will NPC relationships be imported from BGEE? I ask because in my evil BGEE run I either messed up Neera's romance or it got bugged. I wouldn't want that to effect my BG2EE run negatively.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    edited September 2013
    Madhax said:

Follow-up question: Will NPC relationships be imported from BGEE? I ask because in my evil BGEE run I either messed up Neera's romance or it got bugged. I wouldn't want that to effect my BG2EE run negatively.

This has been asked a few times already (unsurprisingly, as it's a natural question to ask). PCs start over with a 'clean slate' in BG2EE. So messing up a romance in BGEE doesn't affect your options in BG2EE. (At least this is what've read a few times; I'm not a dev, just a fan.)
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited September 2013
    i asked one these befor but never saw an anser so ill ask again

1. will BG2EE feature more origional music
    2. whats up with the portrait in the trailer is that new portrait and will we be getting more?
    3. will any of the new npcs have the potential to change alignment during the game?

Madhax said:

This has been asked a few times already (unsurprisingly, as it's a natural question to ask). PCs start over with a 'clean slate' in BG2EE. So messing up a romance in BGEE doesn't affect your options in BG2EE. (At least this is what've read a few times; I'm not a dev, just a fan.)
    I read that, but since romances can be summed up with a numerical variable (unlike, say, how many innocents you murdered in front of Jaheira), I thought it might be different. You're probably right.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Sadly there's no reliable way to import that variable from BG1ee into BG2ee, so yeah, you'll be facing a "blank slate" scenario as far as the game knowing what you did in BG1.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560

Kaeloree said:

@PugPug While PS:T is an Infinity Engine game, it's a completely different version of the Infinity Engine -- lots of stuff is possible in the PS:T engine not possible in the BGEE engine, and vice versa.

But we already added some features into BG[2]EE that would make a PST conversion easier. So the gap has become smaller.
    PS:T:EE confirmed.
    GrammarsaladCrevsDaakSethDavis
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    PugPug said:

Kaeloree said:

@PugPug While PS:T is an Infinity Engine game, it's a completely different version of the Infinity Engine -- lots of stuff is possible in the PS:T engine not possible in the BGEE engine, and vice versa.

But we already added some features into BG[2]EE that would make a PST conversion easier. So the gap has become smaller.
    PS:T:EE confirmed.
    Still waiting for Pools of Radiance:EE to be announced. :)

[Deleted User]FredjoCrevsDaakItomon
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    If you get both Boots of Speed in BG:EE, will both of them be imported to BG2:EE?
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    Nic_Mercy said:

Will the BG1:EE patch we've been waiting on hit before Bg2:EE drops? I am just wondering if I'll have time to have a play through with the patch before BG2EE is available.

IMHO (i'm not blue) : Even if Beta is delayed by few weeks, it should end before Bg2EE launch since it is planned to begin this month.

BUT, it appears to me that this beta is really more a beta test of what is to come with BG2EE, than a beta of the patch. That's the first time they do a beta patch, and it's just before the launch of BG2EE...

It shouldn't be ready until a few weeks (maybe days) before Bg2EE, in my opinion. Not sure we can play a full walkthrough of BGEE with new patch before Bg2EE launch. But then again, Bg2EE will probably have some bugs at start, so it's not a big deal, it's ok to wait a little before trying it :)
  • gholamgholam Member Posts: 12
    Will we be able to import the items you added to BG:EE to BG2:EE?
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    I have a more specific question about importing items.

In the original trilogy some items that we had when we imported the saved game could be found in Irenicus's dungeon. Is that going to be preserved and/or expanded upon?
  • LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
    Are there any plans to make Rasaad a Sun Soul Monk?

Reasons why I think he should be:

1. Because he says he is one.
    2. For BG1, regular monks are pretty worthless. Giving him this kit would make him a bit more useful.

I apologize if this question has already been answered... I searched around to see if it had, but couldn't find anything concrete.
  • Laurensvo92Laurensvo92 Member Posts: 33
    edited September 2013
    This question has been asked already but this question has almost certainly been over looked.

Am having a problem with the UI and a major problem with the Journal. Sometimes the UI(on the left) goes to the bottom of the screen and unable to use the UI for important things such as resting. Any suggestions?

On the journal I get a new quest but the journal does not update this and can fundamentally stop myself from knowing where to go (tried going to another are but this doesn't help). Again any suggestions or known workarounds?

I know the Journal will be fixed in the next update but this is quite a major bug that should be fixed ASAP.

• gholamgholam Member Posts: 12
    Will you make changes to the epic abilities?
    Linkamus said:

Are there any plans to make Rasaad a Sun Soul Monk?

Reasons why I think he should be:

1. Because he says he is one.
    2. For BG1, regular monks are pretty worthless. Giving him this kit would make him a bit more useful.

I apologize if this question has already been answered... I searched around to see if it had, but couldn't find anything concrete.

This bugged me, too. I edited him to be a SSM in my own game, but I would have preferred him to automatically be one.
  • Laurensvo92Laurensvo92 Member Posts: 33
    Cool. Are you planning to improve the scaling in BGII:EE? To try and remove the pixillation on the sprites.
  • rathlordrathlord Member Posts: 171
    edited September 2013
    rathlord said:

@Dee I notice that BGEEII is available for prepurchase for Mac directly through Beamdog (aka not through the Apple Store). Does this mean we could actually get patches on time and participate in betas like the one currently for BGEE?

@Dee Quoting myself like a douche, hoping for an answer. I'd really love to buy BG2EE directly from you guys and get treated like a legitimate customer, and be able to play without booting into Windows.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    rathlord said:

rathlord said:

@Dee I notice that BGEEII is available for prepurchase for Mac directly through Beamdog (aka not through the Apple Store). Does this mean we could actually get patches on time and participate in betas like the one currently for BGEE?

@Dee Quoting myself like a douche, hoping for an answer. I'd really love to buy BG2EE directly from you guys and get treated like a legitimate customer, and be able to play without booting into Windows.

The Mac version of both games receives the patch at the same time as the Windows version, so yes, if you buy that version you'll get patches faster than if you buy it somewhere else. The delay is a bit shorter for the AppStore, since it's going directly from us to Apple, although it still has to go through their approval process.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    edited September 2013
    I'm not sure if it was clear from @Dee 's post, but you can buy the Mac version of BGEE (and BG2EE) directly from Beamdog, and that version receives patches at the same time as the PC version.
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    Are their lots of riddles in BG2 enhanced new content? I loved the riddles in bg2
    Fredjo
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279

This question has been asked already but this question has almost certainly been over looked.

Am having a problem with the UI and a major problem with the Journal. Sometimes the UI(on the left) goes to the bottom of the screen and unable to use the UI for important things such as resting. Any suggestions?

On the journal I get a new quest but the journal does not update this and can fundamentally stop myself from knowing where to go (tried going to another are but this doesn't help). Again any suggestions or known workarounds?

I know the Journal will be fixed in the next update but this is quite a major bug that should be fixed ASAP.

Just checking here, you may already know this feature.

You can hide the sidebars on the UI. I don't usually do it, but from memory, there's a key combo for each sidebar to toggle visibility, and you can also click/tap on the top end of the sidebar (where there is a red dot) to collapse it to the bottom of the screen (hide it basically) and then that same UI element will be at the bottom of the screen somewhere and you can click on it to expand it back to its original position.

Is it possible you are accidentally hitting the key combo or clicking on that UI element perhaps?

As for the journal, it's broken in several ways in the currently released version of the game. Fixes are inbound for the next patch, where we all hope it will be working properly ;).

Sometimes the scrolling of the journal pages is broken and the quest you are looking for is off the top or bottom of the journal. On PC, you should be able to fiddle around with the arrows or scroll bar area with the mouse and they'll come back into view. I've had to do this many times during my playthroughs.

Hope that is of some help to you.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2013
    Faydark said:

Just checking here, you may already know this feature.

You can hide the sidebars on the UI. I don't usually do it, but from memory, there's a key combo for each sidebar to toggle visibility, and you can also click/tap on the top end of the sidebar (where there is a red dot) to collapse it to the bottom of the screen (hide it basically) and then that same UI element will be at the bottom of the screen somewhere and you can click on it to expand it back to its original position.
    Y and U hide the two sidebars (even when the game is paused). H hides all bars (except when the game is paused).
    Itomon
This discussion has been closed.