Skip to content

Post-ship features: what would you like?

Comments

• RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    Well, if we are requesting post launch support and improvements. I'd like to see Easy Custom Portraits and Custom portait syncing across platforms and with your friends when in a Multiplayer game. I discussed this in more detail here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/320/easy-custom-portraits
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @NWN_babaYaga - yeah, they're even worse! ;-)
  • Biron5kBiron5k Posts: 13
    WSAD controls (w for moving towards the top of the screen, W+D for moving to the top right, etc.) would be a lovely alternative to point-click only controls.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Aren't those keys usually hotkeys?
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @SkinnyD : I have no idea how long you had to think about such a clever name, but boy is it... clever! XD
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I don't care what they do with paper dolls...so long as they stick with the originals! :)
  • SkinnyDSkinnyD Member Posts: 28

@SkinnyD : I have no idea how long you had to think about such a clever name, but boy is it... clever! XD

Thank you @Cheesebelly, all it took was a glass of wine and a quick trip to Thesaurus.com

Also, @Space_hamster, agreed on originals.
  • SeddorionSeddorion Member Posts: 1
    I hope that they add more armor variety, there were only a few templates which were recolored and many times did not properly reflect the Item icon which you saw in your inventory. It's understandable since modelling is hard work (right after animation which is harder work), but as this is supposed to be an Enchanced Edition, they should perhaps weed out some of the primitivity.
  • thenethene Member Posts: 16
    I know this is too big an ask, but after BG2EE comes out I'd love to see the Haer'Dalis and Valygar romance options finished as DLC content.
  • masterdesbaxtermasterdesbaxter Member Posts: 51
    I'm not sure how do-able this would be, if even, so pardon me if it's not practical.
    I'd really like to see the paper dolls and/or the models reflect cloaks being equipped. I can definitely see not worrying about belts, bracers, etc, but if seems to me that cloaks are rather significant. All that one would need to do really is have one model for each sort of character and color it depending on the cloak.
    I don't know, there's just something cool about armored and cloaked knights. :/
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    thene said:

I know this is too big an ask, but after BG2EE comes out I'd love to see the Haer'Dalis and Valygar romance options finished as DLC content.

This. Yes please!
    They could also add Korgan romance to the mix. I see no reason why my evil halfling girl can't bag herself that hunk of a dwarf! :D

As for BG:EE DLCs, my first order of business would be begging for an NPC interactions/romace pack, since it's been already said it can't be included in the core version.

I would also like an ingame tool for customizing the NPC portraits, but that's very low priority, since it can easily be done with ShadowKeeper... wait, WILL shadowkeeper work with the enhanced version? I hope so...
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    more possiblity of rommance mostelly for femelle character so far we are really not well served
  • inweinwe Member Posts: 79
    I'd like the entire OST, so I think that would be nice to have new tracks added every X weeks or months (new battle, taverns or encounter songs...)
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    edited July 2012
    @AndreaColombo I know this is not directly linked to the subject of this topic, but... it could really made sticky. To be more easily found. Since we are more and more approaching the release date I feel like any interesting suggested features (albeit computionnally expensive) will probably have to be made post ship anyway ^^'
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Medillen - I'm no moderator so you will have to ask @Tanthalas for that ;-)
  • IlphalarIlphalar Member Posts: 68
    Quite an interesting idea has been suggested by @Jaxx86 in the thread "Fight Replays". What he basically says is that it would be usefull to enable some in-game recording feature, which would eliminate the pauses from the gameplay (extremely useful for making any kind of battle videos, not even mentioning the fun of watching your fights in a real time).
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Eh, I'm not sure if this requires an announcement. Basically, there's no reason to divide requests from being integrated from the get-go or post-ship.
  • Jaxx86Jaxx86 Member Posts: 26
    Fight Replays:

I think it would be great if the game included a replay feature that eliminated the pauses, so that we could take a moment to reflect back on an epic battle. This can include a start and stop time feature where you could look at the replay out of game later. It would be a nice way to analyze difficult battles or share them with your friends.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/18244#Comment_18244
  • IlphalarIlphalar Member Posts: 68
    Maybe you're right @Tanthalas, but I guess some of the requests are simply less likely to be included in the basic release of BGEE, so we decided to go with this idea to the more suitable thread.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Add Sorcerer Kits as a DLC (with with further inclusion into BG2EE ).
  • BLack_XIIIBLack_XIII Member Posts: 32
    Syntia13 said:

As for BG:EE DLCs, my first order of business would be begging for an NPC interactions/romace pack, since it's been already said it can't be included in the core version.

A Very Ton of this, please. Really, i don't care if i can't play BG with HD graphics and etc but, Personally, if you want make us very happy, introduce ton of bant and romances. That's the true spirit of BG. and... GO FOR THE EYES BOO !!!
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    I actually prefer the BG2 dolls... I'll leave now...
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Cadros said:

Be careful with your words.... :-D
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    thene said:

I don't think that Haer'dalis is Valygar's type... :)

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited July 2012
    Add to the list of things i want to see Post Release : New armor looks.

After seeing that badass artwork for the Blackguard npc in armor, i just have to say it. I don't care how they do it, by editing BAMS and repainting on top of them or whatever, but we need new armor skins. Repaints for the existing animations maybe? I don't mind.

In the same way you created new areas with visual consistency along with the old ones.

DLC in parts, or something like that :P

As it was explained in the thread "why purchase the BG:EE over the GOG version", since BG:EE is using 1pp, a work where the mod altered the skin of some armors, it should be possible in the same way to add a bit more variety for armor models, especially stuff like human male fighters that are untouched by mods. Would be looking forward to that.
    Post edited by Mornmagor on
  • Leaf_EaterLeaf_Eater Member Posts: 71
    Post-Ship, I would prefer attention to be focused on either more DLC, or faster quality production on BG2, but thats just me ;D
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Cadros said:

'Ere now, get out! I don't like your type in here! >:[
  • KarrgootKarrgoot Member Posts: 26
    I like to play evil but in the BG saga evil it is a joke....Reputation should be more about, to be feared or to be loved and not a scale on good or evil.
    To have an charecter of evil aliament and a higt Reputation should symbolise that you are a badass maderfucker that get the jobb done no matter the cost, no regrets and no remorse and store keepers will sell to you in fear of what mite happen should they refuse. This is only a exampel there are more evil things that need a fix, less xp fore finishing quests in a evil ways if they even have one at all, poor quest rewards if you take the evil way, less quests for evil charecters for people will not talk to you. In short you get less game if you play ass Evil...it is Pathetic even you must see this?

Having a low Reputation means that you not evil but a wandering homicidal mongoloid not badass evil.

To quote Jon Irenicus "You are born of murder the very essence of that witch takes life" Evil is evil, If i play as evil i want to be able to get a full experiens as a evil charecter and not a wandering homicidal mongoloid less then nothing experience.

I guess i have to wish in one hand shit in the next and see which one filled first

That is all i hade to say i hope you people will make this epic game even greater!!!