Skip to content

Post-ship features: what would you like?

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Personally, as much as I like Dorn, Neera and Rasaad, new NPCs are something I am not particularly looking forward to as post-ship DLC.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

Personally, as much as I like Dorn, Neera and Rasaad, new NPCs are something I am not particularly looking forward to as post-ship DLC.

I totally agree, BG1 have numerous amount of NPC including the 3 new ones. I prefer that any new NPCs they are working on will be introduce in BG2.

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'm not particularly interested in a lot of new NPC's, because I'm not going to play it enough times to make that worthwhile. Others might want more, but I think I'd rather see:

1) New areas/adventures. Level cap doesn't faze me. If the result is too much XP, this can be scaled to even things out

2) Better matching of kit to avatar. Archers should look different than rangers, monks should look totally different, to say nothing of kensai

3) Agree with weapon swaps (shield+weapon to exchange for ranged, for instance)

4) An indicator for portraits that show which are used by NPC's. It bugs me to meet a character with my character's portrait. More than bugs - it makes me mad
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    So would a year be more reasonable?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Maybe. It depends, I think, on how much work is going to be required for BG2:EE. If it doesn't take a lot of work, then they might be able to get some DLCs out more quickly.

But I also don't have anything to do with their development process, and I'm not a programmer, so all I know is how long it would take to write the character's dialogue. ;)
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Hmm... I really like the idea of paper dolls. Oh! How about comics? n_n
    edited November 2012
    List of DLCs that would get my money instantly:
    • Portrait pack by Nat Jones
    • Portrait pack by Mad Bee ( @Boozilla)
    • Portrait pack by Mike Sass
    • More voice sets (you can never have too many)
    • New paperdoll pack (featuring all-new, high resolution paperdolls inspired by BG1 ones and accounting for all race/class/sex combinations without ever re-using the same asset twice; it would obviously have to include paperdolls for monsters you may turn/shapechange into)*
    • New spell and item icons pack (featuring all-new, high resolution icons for spells and items inspired by BG1 ones and introducing more variety into items' appearance)*
    * I would pay good money for these.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @AndreaColombo I think it would be difficult to regulate those kinds of DLC if they were paid packs, mainly because of how many resources are out there that can export those files (Near Infinity comes to mind); knowing this, I would imagine they would release those things for free to PC users.

Or maybe not. But I don't see it being financially "viable", even though I'd be willing to throw a little money at it myself.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    The only type of add-on DLC that I would buy would be an expansion pack, say 20-30 hours of additional game play. I don't support dollar here, dollar there DLC.
    @bigdogchris - I would buy expansion packs immediately, of course. I didn't mention Adventure-Y-like stuff because my subconscious took it for granted and automatically excluded it from potential requests (also because it's already being made anyway)—that's instant-buy material for me.

However, I also love character customization options, such as more portraits and sound sets (which is something I love in BG:EE), and I believe artists should be remunerated for their work, because it takes time to draw stuff and/or record a proper voice set, and they're not doing it for free. Hence, I would gladly pay for the DLCs described above. You can never have enough professional-quality art and sound in a game :)
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    @AndreaColombo

I wouldn't be against DLC including portrait packs and such, I just don't like small DLC because it makes me feel nickle-and-dimed to death. I only support larger expansion pack size DLC.

To clarify, I would not buy 10 - $.99 DLC's but would buy 1 - $9.99 DLC that included more portraits, adventures, etc. It's all perception, I know, but if they start "App Store" type add-ons for PC, I'm really going to be turned off. I'd really prefer that they stick to expansion pack sized DLC only.
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited November 2012
    I would love to see animations, that's my take on it.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I wish the fourth character would come sooner rather than later...
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    edited November 2012
    Post ship features to do please:
    - Add Sorcerer Kits
    - Monk HLAs
  • inweinwe Member Posts: 79
    My desired post-ship feature is without any doubt, cloud savings. I want to play my games on my Mac and my iPad :)
  • KouTheMadKouTheMad Member Posts: 77
    more races
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    I guess I'm in the minority being okay with the paper dolls. My only request would be that we could choose which paperdoll to use. I'm sure there are many Rangers that would like to use the Thief paper doll and many Fighter/Mages that would like to use the Mage paper doll, etc. I'd rather it be part of the game than some cheat or mod since it would make it easy to implement in multiplayer and shouldn't be that hard to implement.
  • LordInsaneLordInsane Member Posts: 38
    If possible, I would like a broader pallette for the paperdolls' hair-colour (noticed red is not an option - one of the new character portraits have very red hair, so that can't be represented just yet).
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    edited November 2012
    Charmed NPCs. Can we please talk to them again??

I mislike a couple of different things in the following pattern: This rather cool feature works fine in 1998. It gets disabled in Tutu due to BG2 engine. It remains disabled for over a decade of otherwise awesome Tutu development..and then remains dysfunctional in commercial release of BGEE.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    More skin colours, clothing colours and hair colours.
    @elminster - the colors are already there, all it takes is a GUI feature that lets you use them (it's been requested, FTW) ;-)
    I'd really like the info screens to open and shut with the same hotkey (not require [G]ame to get back to game) and to let you go from one to the other. For instance, if you hit [R]ecord from the map, it should jump to that.
    Oh. Also, add half-orc portraits. There are none. Except Dorn. I loathe sharing portraits with NPC's.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

@elminster - the colors are already there, all it takes is a GUI feature that lets you use them (it's been requested, FTW) ;-)

Good to know.
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    weekly npc banter. even if they weren't allowed to do it for the release version, there still could be "Ascension"-like semi-official content - just call it a modder's work
  • forgotten_wolfforgotten_wolf Member Posts: 28
    increased FPS anywhere form 30-60 like all the other games had the potential to do........ a configure menu without entering the game.......
  • mithrandir11mithrandir11 Member Posts: 2
    Yes a red headed green eyed female elf portrait is what I've been looking for. Also an option or bright red hair for characteristics.
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    Maybe an LGBT character that isn't
    evil
    @Kholdstare - You would want an NPC to be L, G, B, and T simultaneously? O.o Talk about "versatile"!

I'm obviously kidding. @Dave mentioned in his Reddit AMA that more non-straight romances are in their plans.
  • ClonazepamClonazepam Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    Currently in window mode I can only scroll the environment by moving my cursor to the edge of the window. It used to be I could do this by moving it to the edge of the screen, which seemed to work a lot better. Maybe this is just happening on my setup, but if I play in window mode I would prefer the old way.

Also, the music edit on the Friendly Arm cutscene. Do something about that. Maybe fade out earlier or something. As is it sounds like it jumps abruptly. This bothers me immensely. The other cutscenes I will pass as functional establishing shots. The lack of extra animations and dialogue in the intro kind of hurt it, but that is a big enough job I won't expect to be redone b/c time and money.

Extended Graphics options, Key Mapping.

In terms of DLC : Class specific missions/Guilds would be fricken awesome.
    Also tons more unique items,weapons,armor etc.
    Maybe more bizarre curse and perhaps equivalent blessing effects of items
    Maybe some crazy quests revolving around wicked equipment

Edit: Also, a small request. Keyboard selection of custom portrait files. Clicking on those buggers everytime is nasty.
    Oooh and if you could make the weapon cue icons over peoples portraits a little smaller, that would be grande.
    Post edited by Clonazepam on