Skip to content

[Spoilers!] The long avaited Major update 15.11.2013 All you wanted to know about Hexxat

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Yuan-ti pureblood would be cool, but her face doesn't seem to have any remotely reptilian traits, and I thought purebloods had at least *some*. She seems to be relatively pale with either black or purple hair, which doesn't scream Yuan Ti at me.

... I need to stop checking this thread every time somebody posts in it... I guess part of me hopes for some grand revelation. XD
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    OK. So, first, I'm ok with the name Hexxat. It sounds exotic and therefore interesting.

Second, I'm ok with a plain ol' thief in the second game. It makes the decision not to have thief skills on my main character much easier.

Third, as to the question of lawful shadowdancers... in the Tome of Magic (D&D 3.5, which is not Pathfinder; I would call Pathfinder D&D 3.75) there is a class called shadowcaster. They're an alternate spellcasting class, arcane in nature, that masters magic based on shadows. In the class description, it says that it takes a disciplined mind to harness the power of shadow without letting it overwhelm you, so shadowcasters tend toward lawfulness. It also says the class seldom attracts those of good alignment, or that the plane of shadow's influence pushes one away from good alignment.

Now, shadowdancers don't come to their powers in the same way that a shadowcaster does; shadowcasters have to learn their art, while shadowdancers seem to have an instinctual bond with shadow. Still, I don't see why a shadowdancer couldn't have a disciplined mind to harness the power of shadow and keep it from overwhelming them. Reminds me of Sam from "Villains by Necessity."

For what it's worth, I think it would be cool to see a shadar-kai NPC of any sort in the game.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Eudaemonium You beat me to it! :)

She definitely looks human to me. I don't think shadar-kai have freckles.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Confirmed: Hexxat has freckles!
    Confirmed: Hexxat has either lilac, purple or dark blue eyes!
    Confirmed: The lack of scales, horns, facial hair, or additional pairs of eyes disturbs me!

edited October 2013
    Mortianna said:

@Eudaemonium You beat me to it! :)

She definitely looks human to me. I don't think shadar-kai have freckles.

I am faster than the wind!

Oh, well, the dream was good while it lasted.

Think she's just a human who dyes her hair?

I have to admit she looks very.... well, nice. Friendly nice.

On Monday we will be releasing a piece of conceptual artwork that may be relevant to your interests (also more screenshots and music samples).

Oh Weekend! How thou art so cruel!

Looking forward to it :)
    @Eudaemonium Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about her facial expression. She looks like a nice, teenaged girl who might be into the Goth or (dare I even mention it) Emo scene. Will our dreams be dashed of finally having an evil thief?
    edited October 2013
    @Mortianna: Perhaps, but I shall hold out hope, at least for the moment. Not every evil-aligned NPC has to look evil (heck, I don't think most of the original BG2 NPCs look much of any alignment... apart from maybe Minsc, with his furry little friend).

I will be sad if she isn't though. :'(

EDIT: A thought: What if she starts off Neutral and can Fall? Like the opposite of Viconia :P
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I love her portrait! She's like the evil version of Imoen. A cheerfully evil thief would be perfect. No one says you have to be a dark and gloomy sociopath. Everyone can do great evil if only they set their minds to it!
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Doesn't emo=evil? Or just annoying?
    nano said:

I love her portrait! She's like the evil version of Imoen. A cheerfully evil thief would be perfect. No one says you have to be a dark and gloomy sociopath. Everyone can do great evil if only they set their minds to it!

That's actually a hilariously fascinating thought. Anti-Imoen. XD
    Delvarian said:

Doesn't emo=evil? Or just annoying?

More like, emo=unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile and have ebony greasy unwashed hair, which is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.

Evil generally equals more towards pychopathy, dementia, sadism and mimes.

@Mortianna: Perhaps, but I shall hold out hope, at least for the moment. Not every evil-aligned NPC has to look evil (heck, I don't think most of the original BG2 NPCs look much of any alignment... apart from maybe Minsc, with his furry little friend).

I will be sad if she isn't though. :'(

EDIT: A thought: What if she starts off Neutral and can Fall? Like the opposite of Viconia :P

She could just be eyeing her latest victim or standing on top of one for all we know.

And yes, a Fall/corruption storyline would round out the variety of NPC alignment change possibilities.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632

nano said:

That's actually a hilariously fascinating thought. Anti-Imoen. XD
    She could be the prankster type that takes her pranks a little too far. Like the kind that would put a bear trap on the toilet seat, or replace your potion of healing with a potion of explosions, or swap your hands and feet before raising you from the dead. Do not let her near the girdle of femininity/masculinity...
    I have just come to the revelation that Hexxat is merely staring at Dorn's rippling muscles, which frequently engenders such an expression.
  • LordLeviathanLordLeviathan Member Posts: 97
    She don't seem to look like a shadar-kai, no piercing, no tattoo or pale skin.

I am still hoping she be an aasimar but I don't know if there are any with purple hair though.

I have just come to the revelation that Hexxat is merely staring at Dorn's rippling muscles, which frequently engenders such an expression.

Strange, I was under the impression that she was mesmerized by one of Neera's falling cows. The mind works in mysterious ways.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Hmm...judging by the portrait, she definitely does *not* look evil...
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    edited October 2013
    Hey she looks like a cutie! Originally, I was hoping she was a total bitch, now I hope she's more... just assertive. Nice, but doesn't take any guff. A strong character. Not like Jaheira, Shar-Teel, or Neera, but more like... Branwen I guess? Or maybe Faldorn (though I don't know a ton about her). She won't start a fight, but she won't let anyone (Edwin) belittle her in any way (especially not as a sex object, Edwin).

Anyway, I don't think she looks particularly evil or bitchy from the high-res portrait.

EDIT: Where did the new portrait come from, anyway?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I second @rdarken, where are these new revelations & high-res portaits springing from? She looks human enough, but so does that swindler Coran.

Also, if the entire Goth/Emo distinction really holds true in the Forgotten Realms setting then maybe they need to refocus on the entire pre-industrial setting. Differentiating fairly similar subculture groups is what is technically termed a "first world problem", and I'm not sure the FR is as enlightened as that.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    rdarken said:

EDIT: Where did the new portrait come from, anyway?

Corvino said:

I second @rdarken, where are these new revelations & high-res portaits springing from?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/21975/update-list
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I quite like the portrait. I would use it for my CHARNAME, but the she won't have it.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160

Strange, I was under the impression that she was mesmerized by one of Neera's falling cows. The mind works in mysterious ways.
    Now that's weird, how do you know she's not just staring at my armor and wondering how i keep it so well polished through the battles? ;P

Saying that, she looks awfully familiar but i can't quite picture it yet...
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I wonder whet the purple background means. Not exactly a usual color.
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    Nice. If you mix her up with Neera, you get normal colors.