Skip to content

[Spoilers!] The long avaited Major update 15.11.2013 All you wanted to know about Hexxat

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Interesting.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

Interesting.

You on your high horse with your betas and your NDAs... XP
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    :(
    edited October 2013

:(

I was only teasing! You don't have to be sad!
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    To be honest, Hexxat sounds more draconic than tiefling-like to me.

I am genuinely curious about her :o
    She's a Purple Dragon in human form.

There are Purple Dragons, right? If not, why not?

Seriously, though. The amount of anticipation and speculation is kinda great. I think they've made everyone really curious about her. Just check out that thread about most anticipated things in BG2EE!
  • doomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoom Member Posts: 89
    edited October 2013
    If her name is Hexxat, then why is her portrait file named Frenned?

If her name is Hexxat, then why is her portrait file named Frenned?

Ao knows.
  • doomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoom Member Posts: 89
    Why not, sounds cute. Frennie the hex cat.
    Ok i think i lost the appetite to learn stuff about Frennie.

I mean Hexxat ;p
    I had to look up Frennedan. I'd completely forgotten he existed.

Hexxat being a Dopppleganger would certainly be interesting.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    There was a thread asking for a doppelgänger npc, maybe the devs put one in.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @kamuizin Would definitely be interested in this if it's true.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited October 2013
    Damn true Morty :)!

The thread NPC with unique race (for BG2:EE) touch the subject pretty well (while i don't know why the devs closed that thread, there's no reason for it but well...)

@RedGuard also highly supported this idea. There was a pool for doppleganger request as NPC but i can't find it atm :(!.
    Post edited by kamuizin on
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    You know what? I honestly hope we don't guess it. I hope it's something that no one thought of.
    So we have, what, about 2 weeks or so?
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Coriander Sounds awesome. Does that include pre-BGEE predictions as well or just BG2EE?
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Aww I want a new badge, too.

Okay I predict that I will enjoy BG2:EE!
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited October 2013
    Given that we have seen both Frenned and Frennie used as portrait names (Frenned appearing to to be the portrait of "Hexxat") are we likely to have another gender swapping character on our hands? Move over Edwin!

I'd hazard a guess that DLCDN and DLCNE are Dorn and Neera, given that they're DLC characters on iOS while Rasaad is core.
    Its because Hexxat is actually a Doppleganger who has two primary forms, each with different portraits XD
    Or a dragon with a dragon portrait too :O

Ok fat chance of that, but whatever :p
    edited October 2013
    I dunno, it's about as likely as anything else at this point. Still, Frennie is a funny name for a dragon.

She's probably Human, or some close approximation of one (either something that can look human, like a doppelgänger, or a specific human sub-race). People have said her name sounds draconic, do we know any human cultures that would be inclined to use draconic names or the draconic language more generally? That might be a hint or just a red herring.

Her hair is purple. I am disinclined to believe it is an effect of lighting or that she dyes it. This might indicate some kind of planetouched nature, or something else entirely. Regardless I am going to say that I do not think she is completely human, possibly even remotely human, despite her appearance. She is, however, certainly not going to be an elf, or part elf, and for that we can only be thankful. In a game with coming up to 5 romancable females in it, at least one of them should not have something of the elven in them, fetishes be damned :p

I'm going to put her alignment as probably Neutral Evil. Failing this I think she will start Neutral and then might be able to be influenced to fall to evil in some fashion. Though I privately want Rasaad to have a potential corruption plotline.

I'm still thinking she'll be a shadowdancer. I think shadowdancer is at least fairly likely given its marketing push as a mobility class and her apparent function as an archer (extrapolating from the screens). Also her colour-scheme in terms of background and hair seems to be purple, and I've seen purple associated with shadows and/or darkness in other media.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Hmm, time to lay down an unpopular prediction: I predict Hexxat/Frennie/Frencat/Frenned is going to be a swashbuckler, which will be blazingly apparent if you see how the rest of that outfit looks.

Separately but furthermore, I predict that she is an oddly-colored aasimar that grew up in the Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia who has already slipped down to a Chaotic Neutral alignment and may yet have further to fall. She seeks artifacts from around the globe because, well, that's the kind of grand adventure a swashbuckler aspires to. She's done a few things she isn't proud of and has travelled with githyanki pirates in the past.

Now it's time for me to be overwhelmingly incorrect.