Skip to content

[Spoilers!] The long avaited Major update 15.11.2013 All you wanted to know about Hexxat

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    They sound mor eerie and mysterious to me, appropriate for a rogue, rather than evil. I'd say the 'glowing yellow eyes surrounded by an aura of darkness and shadow' pointed more against neutrality than her music. XD
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Okay, my theory: she is a were Panther. Reasons:

Panther models already exist in BG2;

As there are no existing were panthers, she can be given any stats in Panther form;

Panther form retains stealth and detection thief skills;

Panthers have yellow eyes that shine in the dark.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Grayish skin, veiled eyes, and no freckles makes that guess a tad unlikely tho.

http://www.lomion.de/cmm/shade.php
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    My bet: She's an portrait from somewhere else and the devs didn't even thougth that using that portrait would lead to this amount of assumption!!

Remember Tali'Zorah portrait in ME3 when you romance her and it's origins?
    kamuizin said:

My bet: She's an portrait from somewhere else and the devs didn't even thougth that using that portrait would lead to this amount of assumption!!

Remember Tali'Zorah portrait in ME3 when you romance her and it's origins?

I only ever romance Garrus and even I remember that.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    Fardragon said:

Okay, my theory: she is a were Panther. Reasons:

Panther models already exist in BG2;

As there are no existing were panthers, she can be given any stats in Panther form;

Panther form retains stealth and detection thief skills;

Panthers have yellow eyes that shine in the dark.

Hexxat the sexcat, her nickname is even better now!
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    "Hexxat the sexcat"? Good lord... :D

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    onan said:

She's a hipster with weird contacts and weirder fashion sense. All too human though.

Weird contacts isn't really a hallmark of hipster culture, though.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Snakeskin dress and glowing reptilian eyes. Yuan-Ti Pureblood.
  • TrinabTrinab Member Posts: 8
    Why do we assume the picture is Hexxat? The woman is wearing a dress, rather then thief garb, has what appears to be a helm under her hood, (look at the forehead above the eyebrows, and the bands on the side, hairlines don't go that low.)

She could very well be the mysterious master they mentioned the new thief works for. Or maybe a Sharran priestess connected to the continuation of Rassad's quest line. Lots of possibilities for who that picture is actually supposed to be.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Trinab said:

Why do we assume the picture is Hexxat? The woman is wearing a dress, rather then thief garb, has what appears to be a helm under her hood, (look at the forehead above the eyebrows, and the bands on the side, hairlines don't go that low.)

She could very well be the mysterious master they mentioned the new thief works for. Or maybe a Sharran priestess connected to the continuation of Rassad's quest line. Lots of possibilities for who that picture is actually supposed to be.

Take a look at this thread.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22708/october-28th-new-bg2ee-media

Philip Daigle says the artwork is of a "mysterious thief known only as Hexxat", I assume he would know being a developer and all.

So it's pretty much a certainty that the piece of concept art is indeed Hexxat.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Dorn also doesn't wear his swanky concept armour, and Rasaad isn't shirtless. I think we can assume that the picture is meant to represent, well, y'know, the concept of Hexxat.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Indeed. Concept art is often just that. It looks cool and all, but the character may not be fully fleshed out when it's produced. I don't think we can really interpret much with accuracy.
  • TrinabTrinab Member Posts: 8
    Ah okay. Good. I missed the original source. Quite wonderful.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269

Would he also wield a staff if it was actually allowed by the game engine? :D

Interesting one. I understand they've made some progress with de-hardcoding monks, to the extent that they can now dual-wield. They used to have the offhand equipped with an invisible, unremovable item or something similar to prevent dual-wielding, shields and staves. Now however, it could be a possibility.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Coriander said:

Rasaad would totally be shirtless if we could give him a custom model.

He could be played by Matthew Mcconaughey in the BG movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6niC0hlgX0
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Coriander said:

Ah, maybe I'd bring him along then.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,744
    edited October 2013
    @kamuizin
    kamuizin said:

Actually, it's been CONFIRMED by Mad Bee, UI/Concept/Character Artist at Beamdog that the lady in the portrait is Hexxat: "Also painted the portrait I point out in the picture of a certain new character" - and we know the only new character now is Hexxat.

http://heterochromiaturian.tumblr.com/post/60520589784/glimpse-of-the-updated-and-revamped-ui-i-did-for

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/381349/#Comment_381349
    edited October 2013
    At this point I'm almost willing to believe anything. Even that she really is a werecapybara half-tiefling half-drow demigoddess with terrible dexterity and a racial restriction to only use slings.

Oh, well, we'll find out once pre-loading begins in like... a week and a half or so.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Coriander said:

I see a good a good reason to delay the patch and BG2 til January.
    If she's just a Thief, then she probably has some interesting quirks ala Mazzy and Sarevok. What fascinating weird abilities might she have? XD