Skip to content

[Spoilers!] The long avaited Major update 15.11.2013 All you wanted to know about Hexxat

Comments

• Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    edited October 2013

YT Purebloods just look human with some telltale snake-like features, such as eyes, a forked tongue, etc. The 2E Monster manual says they can pass for human about 80% of the time. That said I'm fairly sure her torso is a dress, and why would a Yuan-ti wear a snakeskin dress? It seems vaguely blasphemous and insulting to their gods.

Yea the scaled sections are some sort of pattern on her dress. I said torso but I should have been more specific. I don't know if having a serpent heritage would prevent them from not wanting to emulate them with their garb.

Also about a neutral party member: "Many yuan-ti purebloods come from the cities of their brethren, and so they typically share the neutral evil alignment of other yuan-ti. "

3.5 edition also mentions them being able to take on an alternate form of a Viper.

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    shawne said:

@Fardragon: Assuming, once again, that she's anything more than what she appears to be: human.

It's worth repeating that the point of these NPCs isn't necessarily to do or be something extraordinary - Rasaad is, after all, just a human monk. That doesn't preclude him from having an interesting storyline.

If she was exactly what she appeared to be, there would be no need for any secrecy. Ergo, there is one thing we can be certain of: whatever she is, it is not what she appears to be!
  • Then she is from Calimshan! Or she is an Bedine from Anauroch!
    (listen to the music on the bg2 site and you know it sounds Arabian)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Wasn't Safana already from Calimshan?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited November 2013
    Khalid, as well?
    Post edited by jackjack on
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    edited November 2013
    jackjack said:

Khalid, as well?

Then she can romance Jaheira! Truly sorry for the spoilers

Edit, I found out:
    Plains of Purple Dust in Mulhorand, thats where she came from: The Plains of Purple Dust was covered with a purple colored dust that radiated faint magic and stony crags and rocky badlands. Thats explanes her hair, or she supports Cormyr (or Thauglorimorgorus :P)
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Awong124 said:

Yep, she was.
    jackjack said:

What if she's human?

If she was human, we would know, because the devs would have told us, just as they did for the new NPCs in EE.

Ergo, she is NOT human.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Or the devs might just be trolling us horribly.

Or the devs might just be trolling us horribly.

Whilst that might amuse some of the devs, it probably wouldn't amuse the business managers, since we know some people are reluctant to order BG2EE without details for the new NPC.

Whilst people are not always rational, if your theory is based on the assumption that someone is stupid to the extent of harming themselves, it is probably wrong.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Awong124 said:

And Rasaad?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Mystery is in itself a good generator of publicity. Look at the amount of speculation and excitement stirred up on these forums by withholding information about Hexxat @Fardragon.

They may miss a few die-hards who refuse to pre-order without knowing the details, but getting people talking about it may sell more.

With regards to humans generally I refer you to Albert Einstein: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Not directed at the Dev team of course, just a generic observation.
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Fardragon said:

Whilst that might amuse some of the devs, it probably wouldn't amuse the business managers

We have business managers...?

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535

Her concept image looks a bit serpentine... Scaled torso, limbless, and a cobra like hood and those eyes a bit reptilian. Yuan-ti pureblood perhaps as race? Extaminaar background?

Where do you see that???? I see her covered with slime under that hood/robe. Perhaps a Gelatinous Cube in disguise?

• LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937

jackjack said:

Khalid, as well?

Then she can romance Jaheira! Truly sorry for the spoilers

Edit, I found out:
    Plains of Purple Dust in Mulhorand, thats where she came from: The Plains of Purple Dust was covered with a purple colored dust that radiated faint magic and stony crags and rocky badlands. Thats explanes her hair, or she supports Cormyr (or Thauglorimorgorus :P)
    If the Plains of Purple Dust is a real phenomenon, and it turns out that is where she's from, then I want a badge for predicting she came from the Elemental Plane of Purple. =D
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    No. no. no.
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    edited November 2013
    Cuv said:

Her concept image looks a bit serpentine... Scaled torso, limbless, and a cobra like hood and those eyes a bit reptilian. Yuan-ti pureblood perhaps as race? Extaminaar background?

Where do you see that???? I see her covered with slime under that hood/robe. Perhaps a Gelatinous Cube in disguise?

The only thing that is oozing is your sarcasm. =]

Also those glowing gold eyes are reminiscent of another certain party members portrait who was bhaalspawn.

• AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Cuv said:

Perhaps a Gelatinous Cube in disguise?

Shut uuuuup...
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I can see the awesome party banter already. "wibble wobble.... wibble wobble".
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    The concept art made her look less humany to me, but her portrait is pretty human. Unless she's a vampire.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Yeah, there is an air of the supernatural about her.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    She is most likely a tiefling given that there is a tiefling listing in racetext.2da. Tieflings are okay--I use them in IWD2--but most people overestimate their usefulness and powers like they do for drow. On the other hand, this means that we will probably have the option of creating our own tiefling characters for BG2EE. If so, then I will convert my current half-elf assassin/mage into a tiefling assassin/mage.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Tiefling is coded as a race because if Haer'Dalis, though obviously it would be easier to make her one than to code a totally new race. They still might, however.

I am leaning towards her being ostensibly human, but with a supernatural quirk like being a were creature or having some magic-related powers, or something similarly odd.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I think she's a miniature space hamster.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Or maybe she's a vampire, like that Valen NPC mod.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Cuv said:

A Goo Girl? Yay!
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    When the developers or Dee state a fact I don't believe they are obliged to tell the truth, I think they are leading you up the garden path with the name and pure thief combo, a gut feeling
    Ultimately its done to get you talking, and as you can see its worked
    Actually, if the devs give out false information they could be sued for false advertising, as they are speaking as representatives of the company.

So yeah, they are pretty much obliged to tell the truth.