Skip to content

[Spoilers!] The long avaited Major update 15.11.2013 All you wanted to know about Hexxat

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I was about to say something about getting back on topic, but we've pretty much exhausted the topic at hand so I guess we might as well carry on debating international juridical procedure until they release another piece of artwork or something.
    So hot.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I think she could be evil....
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited November 2013
    Taking a huge off-topic tangent from this already off-topic thread, I live in the UK. Common Law is broadly the interpretation of a Statutory Law by Judges and Juries, and the use of this precedent to determine subsequent legal actions.

Despite our disconnected political class, societal problems across the nation, austerity politics, voter apathy and all the rest we do sometimes get a glimmer of hope when Judges overturn or rule against baseless, abusive or downright insulting cases.

One example is where the British Chiropractic Association tried to sue a journalist for publishing that their treatments have no evidence of efficacy for treating childhood asthma, colic, sleeping problems and other things. To the best of my knowledge none of these things have ever been proved to be helped by chiropractic interventions. Eventually it was judged that he made fair comments despite the UK's shoddy statutory current Libel laws. Here is the article, and the judgment which resulted in the case being dropped.
  • Spaceman_SpiffSpaceman_Spiff Member Posts: 40
    I think it's obvious that she'll be a shadowbuckler hunter
    Is that someone who tracks and hunts the elusive shadowbuckler, the sentient shields known to ravage crops in the areas around Shadowdale and which plagued elminster in certain parts of his youth best left forgotten?
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937

I think it's obvious that she'll be a shadowbuckler hunter

Someone that tracks down shadowbucklers? Sounds kinda cool actually. Are shadowbucklers items (bucklers infused with shadow) or are they people (a hybrid of shadowdancer and swashbuckler)? If so, someone who hunts down such people must surely be an eccentric individual indeed, and probably fairly powerful (or at least good at finding people who use stealth).

Now I want to play a shadowbuckler, and be hunted by Hexxat! I have to use my ingenious array of gimped class features to avoid capture, and since I traded off some of my swashbuckler fighting ability for the shadowstep feature, I obviously can't just face Hexxat in straight combat. We'll play a game of cat and mouse all through Athkatla as I rob people blind using my much-reduced thief skill set.

Just kidding. ^_~
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited November 2013
    onan said:

Actually, yes it does. There is a huge literature on laws that are not legitimate or do not make sense since Sophocles' Antigone.

Never thought i'd see Sophocles around here, near Hexxat. I love this forum.
  • Spaceman_SpiffSpaceman_Spiff Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2013
    onan said:

He's the dude with the beard.

Classic!
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Corvino said:

Taking a huge off-topic tangent from this already off-topic thread, I live in the UK. Common Law is broadly the interpretation of a Statutory Law by Judges and Juries, and the use of this precedent to determine subsequent legal actions.

Despite our disconnected political class, societal problems across the nation, austerity politics, voter apathy and all the rest we do sometimes get a glimmer of hope when Judges overturn or rule against baseless, abusive or downright insulting cases.

One example is where the British Chiropractic Association tried to sue a journalist for publishing that their treatments have no evidence of efficacy for treating childhood asthma, colic, sleeping problems and other things. To the best of my knowledge none of these things have ever been proved to be helped by chiropractic interventions. Eventually it was judged that he made fair comments despite the UK's shoddy statutory current Libel laws. Here is the article, and the judgment which resulted in the case being dropped.

I live in the UK too, and in my experience "wise judge" is an oxymoron.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    ajwz said:

LiamEsler said:

It's possibly hard to believe, but we actually like you all a lot. We may joke around, but we'd never intentionally mislead you. :)

liar :p

Actually, he is Liam :P
    And he "told jokes", and said "some untrusteable thingies", but nothing besides that, and they've want us to see Hexxat in the game (man, only 11 days).
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349

Cuv said:

Perhaps a Gelatinous Cube in disguise?

Shut uuuuup...
    atleast she is moist

• onanonan Member Posts: 223
    edited November 2013
    ajwz said:

Why is it that all posts regarding baldur's gate on these forums seem to end up as heated socio-political debates, whereas all the politically themed posts in the off topic forums generally end up as people cordially discussing baldur's gate?

It's the law of opposites, which as everyone knows is related to...

Actually, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Sorry.

Edit: and apparently, I can't type as well.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Apologies to everyone keenly discussing and speculating on Hexxat. I've gone to PMs to politically rant further.

New info just in: she's actually a Song Dragon trapped in her human form, and rather annoyed about it. Once you complete her sidequest you'll unlock a number of unique abilities including electrically-charged gas breath.*

*all new info invented on the spot with no factual basis.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    Corvino said:

too long didn't read
  • Xar105Xar105 Member Posts: 112
    "She'll be a romanceable option, probably for female characters as well as male ones."

Bye Bye Viconia :D
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Xar105 said:

"She'll be a romanceable option, probably for female characters as well as male ones."

Thieves get kinky with their short blades...
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223

its gonna be really funny next week when everyone finds out she's a shapeshifter druid

My team of lawyers are eagerly waiting.

its gonna be really funny next week when everyone finds out she's a shapeshifter druid

As long as she has better stats than Cernd.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    A better personality than Cernd.