Skip to content

Random Thread

dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
While I could be mistaken I believe this forum doesn't have a random thread. This needs to be rectified immediately. So any thoughts or ideas that might be considered inane and stupid elsewhere now have a home. I'll start.

Imoen called me queer, I wonder if I'm going to be the first homosexual lord of murder.

See, as pointless and moronic as you want.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I was reading The Name of the Wind the other day and discovered that at one point, Kvothe refers to the time that he "took an arrow in the knee", which ended his adventuring career.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I tried to believe in people (myself included) once. It was awful.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    I just wish people would stop making such a fuss about romances in games. Also, why does it seem as if every race (black, white, Asian,...) and every possible sexual orientation HAS to be included? Since when did political correctness seep into the gaming industry? Let games be games, forget about the audience.
    Just to give some context to my previous post: I've been reading about Bioware's Dragon Age: Inquisition's development. And of course, with every new game produced there, the old debate on sexual orientation and such rises again. It's becoming grating and repetitive, and it makes me wonder how people can reduce a game and its characters solely to such ridiculous details. I honestly haven't seen ONE topic about what Inquisition's actual story will be like. Nope, only whining such as 'will so and so be possible to be romanced with my gay inquisitor?'. It's as if romances are more important than the game itself, while they are often nothing more than additional wish-fullfillment.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Shandyr: Sorry, just my random contribution for today. It actually really made me wonder, but I guess you are right. I also am quite fed up with these kinds of discussions, yet it is surprising to see this trend becoming more apparent. It's as if story doesn't matter anymore for some people.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    If a Dwarf has no gold and goes to the toilet... Can he actually spend a penny?

If a tree falls in the forest... Will anyone go out there and resurrect the tree spirit?

What is the sound of an Ethereal Filcher clapping?
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited September 2013
    ROFLMAO! @demented, if you *really* wanted a free, stream of consciousness thread, you should not have put flamebait in your initial post. I have no choice but to think that flamebait was your intention, and that you might be a troll! *gasp!*

Jeff Foxworthy imitation:

"If you put the words "gay", or "homosexual", or "gun laws", or "racism", or "religion", or "liberal", "conservative", "tea party", or anything to do with religion, sex, or politics into every post you make on the internet... You might be a troll!"

Anybody care to join in and make some more "If you... You might be a troll!" jokes?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hahahahhahahaha @belgarathmth that was great :D
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    "If you need fire or acid to finish you off... You might be a troll" :)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Pretty colors!
    edited September 2013
    I was looking at my labradorite. Is stone with.....

Pretty Colors!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited September 2013
    Pretty, but I can't seem to spell very well.
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    old, but funny. and relevant =)
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    @Tresset: THÈS̢E͢ ́CO҉LOR̨S̛ TAS͝T͠E ͜W҉O̕NDE͜R͟FUL.

ROFLMAO! @demented, if you *really* wanted a free, stream of consciousness thread, you should not have put flamebait in your initial post. I have no choice but to think that flamebait was your intention, and that you might be a troll! *gasp!*

"If you put the words "gay", or "homosexual", or "gun laws", or "racism", or "religion", or "liberal", "conservative", "tea party", or anything to do with religion, sex, or politics into every post you make on the internet... You might be a troll!"

Anybody care to join in and make some more "If you... You might be a troll!" jokes?

If this is concerning my previous posts, well sorry. I was just really wondering about it, that's it. No reason to make fun out of me.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud - People obsess over scripted pixel romances on one side, and on the other side, people obsess over how the other group shouldn't obsess over something this silly.

And it's true that all those terms are buzzwords for trolls. Even gay, conservative, heavily armed racist trolls such as myself are not above using them for cheap pops.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Neither Dragon Age, nor Baldur's Gate offered a bearded lady to have the sexy time with.

I find this most upsetting.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

If you get stoned by the dawn's early light, you might be a troll. :P

@Kitteh_On_A_Cloud, I wasn't talking about you at all, dear. I was chiding @demented for putting flamebait into what should just be a fun thread.
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388

You know who are the worst, gay people. They're all like this: "Oh I'm gay, I'm gonna sex on you." Not like good upstanding Christian folks. Makes my blood boil to think there are men out there kissing, engaged in heavy petting. Two guys glistening like bronze gods. An embrace that's both tender and violent; a passion so potent it threatens to overwhelm me.

It's...it's revolting.
    @demented, I gave you a "like" for your post, because I think you're teasing in good-nature with a sense of fun behind it. I think. I hope. I apologize for throwing the "T" word at you.
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388

@demented, I gave you a "like" for your post, because I think you're teasing in good-nature with a sense of fun behind it. I think. I hope. I apologize for throwing the "T" word at you.

I was teasing. I have lots of gay friends, one of the best ways to relieve stress is to beat the crap out of them. Teasing, again.