Skip to content

So, can we get an official update on the thief NPC?

Comments

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    If SexcatHexxat is a succubus, then we'll have Fall from Grace vol2.

Which will be tons of awesome. I always had a thing for them(succubi).
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Brb buying the "SexxatMod.com" domain name
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited October 2013
    Mornmagor said:

If SexcatHexxat is a succubus, then we'll have Fall from Grace vol2.

Its only really Grace v.2 if she's chaste and runs a brothel for slaking intellectual lusts. Graces was pretty unique for a succubus, I mean she's a lawful creature composed of pure chaos for a start.

Just saying that if Hexxat *was* a succubus she'd likely be absolutely nothing like Grace.
    Post edited by Eudaemonium on
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Yeah i think she would be different too, but still a succubus! <3

Oh god i used a heart, i think i need to slap myself >_>
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477

Mornmagor said:

If SexcatJust saying that if Hexxat *was* a succubus she'd likely be absolutely nothing like Grace.

Of course she wouldn't, because she's NOT Grace.

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Or fallen.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937

LiamEsler said:

I've got a theory... that it's a demon! A dancing demon!

... no, something isn't right there.

Meh, the world has seen stranger things. Such as a dancing techno viking for example. The real question would be what kind of dance Hexxat performs. Comparsa? Flamenco? Sama? Rumba? Plyaska? Or perhaps the Abbots Bromley Horn Dance?
    +2 internets and +5 kudos for referencing the Abbots Bromley Horn Dance.

For what it's worth, I think we should start being more OK with hard consonants in female names and sibilant sounds in male names. Anyway, male or female, I think Hexxat sounds pretty cool, and if she is a tiefling or a half-orc or a succubus no one is going to question her parents' choice of name.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Hexxat doesn't sound bad because of "hard consonants in a female name", you know.
    Hexxat doesn't really sound that bad. Its not really any more ludicrous than the other names in the game. I mean, let's be honest, and I won;t be repeating this to his face, but 'Sarevok' is also a pretty stupid name.

Its silly high fantasy. People are called things like Hexxat. Especially if they are probably a little bit planetouched.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    I'm pretty sure that's their intention...
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    What, Sarevok is an awesome name!
    It is, but its also kinda silly. So are names like Tiax, Rieltar, and Haer'Dalis. BG is full of silly names, some fo them sound awesome, but they are still silly.
    You know which name I think is awful? Melf. Melf the elf. I mean, come on! Sounds more like one of Santa's elves than an archmage.

The guy knows his spells though, so I have to thank him for that.
    Wait, was Melf seriously an Elf? Seriously?

I think I just died a little inside.
    Considering Sarevok has like 17 Int, was 'Koveras' seriously the best cover he could come up with?

I suppose it says a lot about what he thought of Charname's intellectual prowess.
    It's probably less obvious when you say it instead of writing it out. And there are different ways to pronounce it. Maybe Charname was too busy snickering at "Cover ass" to notice.
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    edited October 2013

Wait, was Melf seriously an Elf? Seriously?

I think I just died a little inside.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melf
    http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Melf
    http://www.canonfire.com/cfhtml/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=961

"...Calling themselves the Company of the Heartstone after an artifact for which they quested, they included Prince Peralay Brightflame of Celene, who adventured under the name 'Melf'..."

Let us not diss the Archmage who was instrumental in turning back the evil at Emridy Meadows... ;-)

For some very interesting (not all of them silly, but some of them VERY silly*) fantasy names, have a look at canonfire.com. After all likely combinations of letters in Gary Gygax and Co.'s names were exhausted, they delved into historical names, intentionally mangling them a little.

* Zagyg of the Squiggly Lines!
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111

Considering Sarevok has like 17 Int, was 'Koveras' seriously the best cover he could come up with?

I suppose it says a lot about what he thought of Charname's intellectual prowess.

Well, if--with 30+ intelligence--all you can come up with is Terminsel...

• pekirt said:

I think the lesson here is that with great intelligence comes an inordinate fondness for stupid word tricks.
    I guess Melf's brain is just so full of spells that he can't come up with any names. Someone asks his name and he says "ummm... Elf?" "Melf?" "Yeah, Melf, that's it."
    pekirt said:

Maybe it's an attempt at reverse psychology. With 30+ intelligence, there's no way he'd come up with such an obvious name... so it can't be him... right?
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    My CHARNAME's class kind of hinges on her kit and alignment. I don't want to take Jan Jansen again.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Kaigen said:

pekirt said:

I think the lesson here is that with great intelligence comes an inordinate fondness for stupid word tricks.
    This is always been true.
    Dr. Seuss.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Going back to the issue of race, is it such a great problem if she's just... you know, a human? I mean, I know there already are a handful of human NPCs in the game, but maybe they can still do something with that? The personalities of NPCs in the past haven't necessarily been contingent of them having their own racial uniqueness, so personally I'm crossing my fingers that we don't have a half-celestial dragonlady infected with vampirism born with a third eye on her abdomen that gives her a nifty boost to her detect illusions skill.

Anyone else routing for ordinary human?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

a half-celestial dragonlady infected with vampirism born with a third eye on her abdomen

Throw in tentacles for hair together with a psychomaniac personality and you'll have pretty much summed up my dream girl. :3

Going back to the issue of race, is it such a great problem if she's just... you know, a human? I mean, I know there already are a handful of human NPCs in the game, but maybe they can still do something with that? The personalities of NPCs in the past haven't necessarily been contingent of them having their own racial uniqueness, so personally I'm crossing my fingers that we don't have a half-celestial dragonlady infected with vampirism born with a third eye on her abdomen that gives her a nifty boost to her detect illusions skill.

Anyone else routing for ordinary human?

Honestly I don't really care much, and chances are about 90% that she's human anyway. I just like to have teams of exotic people. XD
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    Hexxat looks a little silly, but just think of her as Heksat, and you're gonna be fine. (Unless your language doesn't support this sound combination, of course) ;)

As for race, I'd prefer her to be either a human or a halfling (not an elf or half-elf, we've enough of those, thank you very much). A dwarf lady would be nice to, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Or... oh, here's a thought.... what about duergar? Or a deep gnome? :D ;P Or even just a gnome. Little folk don't get enough love, 'tis so sad... ;)

....and I tried to stop there, but I can't help myself, sorry guys...
    What can't we do if we're together? What's in this place that we can't weather?

...There's nothing we can't face... except for bunnies...
    Those bunnies always foil my plans.

We know that Hexxat uses the human model (from the screens on the website), and is thus likely human or something that looks human. She at least is definitely not an elf, half-elf or elf variant of any form. So you can rest assured of that.

She'll now be an elf cunningly disguised as a human.