Skip to content

So, can we get an official update on the thief NPC?

Comments

• PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited October 2013
    The beta is for BGEE's next patch and while the beta testers are not under NDA, there is nothing we can know and say about BG2EE 's new content.
    I'm almost sure there will be no beta test of BG2EE because BGEE beta is also a test for the upgraded 's engine that Bg2EE will also have.

I think it's cool because Hexxat sounds like a big mystery and i really love all the mystery around thieves characters ( remember the first time you played with Yoshimo ?).
    Even if this time, i have the feeling that her mystery is linked to some occult background (i might be very wrong but this sounds promising).
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I really like Hexxat's name, personally. Doesn't really sound all that out of place at all with names like Xzar, Sarevok, Xan, Hulrik, Kahrk, Vitiare, Zordra, Tazok, Oublek, Shar-Teel, Arkushule, Drakar, Halacan, etc.
    Awong124 said:

Dee said:

I'm, like, 35% sure she's a Romulan.

But Romulans are bald.
    Eh?
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100721010244/memoryalpha/en/images/c/ce/Donatra.jpg
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Schneidend I think he's referring to the Romulans of the J. J.-Trek suckage.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Spelljammer/ravenloft/Dragonlance We can plane-travel so everything is possible. She's a Vampire assasin!
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Maybe the xx's are not part of the name, and are just there to hide the truth. Remove them and you get a female thief named Heat. No doubt she's a fire genasi. :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @rdarken is right. There is a beta and we are under NDA.
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    Maybe she is a space hamster collector!!!!!
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    mlnevese said:

Well, i didn't know there was a beta test of BG2EE open to others than the dev's team. Very secret thing then.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Palanthis said:

Well, i didn't know there was a beta test of BG2EE open to others than the dev's team. Very secret thing then.

That would be the Non Disclosure part. :)

With the Game being slightly over a month away I'd be very worried if there hadn't been a BG2EE test going on.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    SionIV said:

Mortianna said:

Of course, it's speculation, but "Hexxat" sounds like a feminine Infernal name to me. Since "hex" means "six," maybe she has some link to Malbolge: the 6th layer of Baator.

Hexxat does make a good hellish name. Maybe her character is spoilery because she's an agent of the Baatezu/Tanar'ri (Erinyes/Succubus?).
    Goodbye dual class *Sobs*
    You were not thinking about dualing her to mage now, were you?....
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    @Palanthis
    Not really; I spotted references to it here and there on the forums.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Fredjo said:

SionIV said:

Mortianna said:

Of course, it's speculation, but "Hexxat" sounds like a feminine Infernal name to me. Since "hex" means "six," maybe she has some link to Malbolge: the 6th layer of Baator.

Hexxat does make a good hellish name. Maybe her character is spoilery because she's an agent of the Baatezu/Tanar'ri (Erinyes/Succubus?).
    Goodbye dual class *Sobs*
    You were not thinking about dualing her to mage now, were you?....
    That never crossed my mind *Smiles innocently*
    @Palanthis That is why some users have a beta tester badge, a.k.a the golden helmet.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Mortianna said:

Yeah, I'm not really a Star Trek fan. I saw the movie, but never watch a single episode of the show.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited October 2013
    mlnevese said:

@Palanthis That is why some users have a beta tester badge, a.k.a the golden helmet.

Personally I wish mine was a golden hat :)
    edited October 2013
    @elminster Hey you're THE wizard. Do something about it :)
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Palanthis said:

mlnevese said:

I wouldn't say it was super secretive. They mentioned it around. Although, it is possible you'd have to be a nerd reading these forums as much as I do to have picked up on it.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    edited October 2013
    I actually liked the first Abrams Star Trek joint. Have not yet seen the sequel, though. Deep Space Nine is indeed totally rad. I need to watch that series again. I'm sure I'll appreciate even more now that I'm not 11.
    Post edited by Schneidend on
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Oh yeah Jeri Ryan.
    Mortianna said:

Awong124 said:

Mortianna said:

Yeah, I'm not really a Star Trek fan. I saw the movie, but never watch a single episode of the show.
    If you ever want to see the "real" Star Trek, first watch The Next Generation series with Patrick Stewart as Captain Picard (and Wil Wheaton as the infamous Wesley Crusher). Then watch Deep Space Nine (which is my favorite--I like to think of it as the "dark" Star Trek). Those series are generally seen as defining the ST mythos. If you find you're really into it, then watch the original Star Trek series with Shatner and Nimoy. Voyager is okay, and gets much better once they encounter the Borg (as Jeri Ryan fans will attest). I haven't seen the Enterprise series, but I hear the first few seasons are decent.
  • ValchistValchist Member Posts: 44
    i just hope she is neutral not evil so i can use her i hate managing rep
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    LiamEsler said:

Plus, as @AndrewFoley said, you guys. AND GIRLS. Just wait until you hear her say it.

It works so much better in context, I promise.

(moans) Im Hexxat...I will be your sexcat?

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I'm pretty sure I read Trent Oster tweeting that her sprite and paper doll will be the same one used for Centeol.
  • XanarXanar Member Posts: 96
    Who says @AndrewFoley isn't a funny guy?
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Xanar said:

Who says @AndrewFoley isn't a funny guy?

Mostly it's people who've met me.