Skip to content

So, can we get an official update on the thief NPC?

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Illustair said:

The name sure takes a lot of getting used to it, at least for me. Hexxat, Hexxat, Hexxat, Hexxat, Hexxat, Hexxat, Hexxat, Hexxat, Hexxat, Hexxat... I still can't get myself to like the name, argh...maybe someday!

Atleast have them put in a banter where Jan or Edwin teases her mercilessly. It's the only way i can see this working out, her name being a very important part of her questline and banter.

[Jan]

"You know my lass, i once had this monkey that... What did you say your name was? Hexxat? Ahaha... Hah... Hahaha. I'm sorry but my monkey story just won't be able to compete with this, let me tell you about this turninp i found once instead. Hexxat.. Hehehehehe"

[Edwin]

Edwin - Is your name really Hexxat?

Hexxat - Yes

Edwin - ... Do you mock me?

Hexxat - Um, no.

Edwin - What could your parents possible have been thinking?

Hexxat - What? It's not that bad!

Edwin - It makes Montaron and Xzar look good....

[Aran Linvail]

Aran - Please come inside CHARNAME.

CHARNAME - Thank you.

Aran - Oh wait, you have to leave that lady behind.

CHARNAME - Huh? Why?

Aran - Because i don't trust people with names i can't pronounce.

I see it now infront of me... Why bother to spend time on storyline when you can just make fun out of her name and let that be her character? Minsc #2 with no hamster.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    SionIV said:

Minsc #2 with no hamster.

Until you find out she's really a polymorphed giant miniature space hamster and will only romance Boo.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @SionIV Once her character is revealed in BG2:EE, we'll most likely learn the context behind her name, so what may seem like an unfitting name at the moment might just make sense then.

Of course, it's speculation, but "Hexxat" sounds like a feminine Infernal name to me. Since "hex" means "six," maybe she has some link to Malbolge: the 6th layer of Baator.
    Anomen
    Minsc
    Keldorn
    Nalia
    Jaheira
    Viconia
    Hexxat

I doubt anything is going to sell that name for me. Not to mention i already got worried with BGEE because the NPC's did not fit in with the rest and made them stand out. Now it's already started again before we even know anything about her.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Mortianna said:

@SionIV Once her character is revealed in BG2:EE, we'll most likely learn the context behind her name, so what may seem like an unfitting name at the moment might just make sense then.

Of course, it's speculation, but "Hexxat" sounds like a feminine Infernal name to me. Since "hex" means "six," maybe she has some link to Malbolge: the 6th layer of Baator.

Or possibly she has got six legs and is half ant?

• ionisthebearionisthebear Member Posts: 3
    Mortianna said:

Hexxat does make a good hellish name. Maybe her character is spoilery because she's an agent of the Baatezu/Tanar'ri (Erinyes/Succubus?).

Mortianna said:

Hexxat does make a good hellish name. Maybe her character is spoilery because she's an agent of the Baatezu/Tanar'ri (Erinyes/Succubus?).
    Goodbye dual class *Sobs*
    Mortianna said:

I believe it stems from a horrible miscommunication in a development meeting. Where they discussed how they need to have more 'Six' in the game to sell copies.
  • I find myself thinking of the proverb about glass houses and throwing stones...
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    mlnevese said:

Jalily said:

shawne said:

@LiamEsler: Any particular reason for that? She's mentioned on the website, it's not like her existence is a secret...?

We want to leave more for players to discover this time.
    I have discovered that there is a likelihood that she is between three feet...and eight feet...
    And what is the base for this wild guess of yours? :)
    I, uh... On the spot. On the spot. Don't mess this up, SCARY_WIZARD. This is your chance.
    I happen to know the person who made her! And for the remainder of this thread, and as often as I think to post in it, I will take on a very snobby, authoritarian air.
    Oh, wait, this isn't the 1990s. If I claim to know game developers and act snobby towards people about alleged acquaintances, I will get into trouble.
    I don't know the basis. :(

Oooooh! Hexxat must be a pixie!!! ;-)

She is a Pixie Werecapybara. They're making BG II: EE more 3E than ever!

Maybe her character is spoilery because she's an agent of the Baatezu/Tanar'ri (Erinyes/Succubus?).

An alu-fiend might be interesting... They can pass as humans if they put enough effort into it.
    *looks at Watcher's Keep alu-fiends* Go.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

I'll admit I wasn't 100% sold on the name (it was locked in before I got here) until I heard the voice actress say it in character. Now I can't imagine it being anything else.

Oh, hey, check it out, I managed to comment on the name without actually writing the name. Coincidence...?

Probably.

I should also point out that this is one major reason her name will not be changing (Voice Acting).
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744

I should also point out that this is one major reason her name will not be changing (Voice Acting).

HUGE reason the name stays, yeah.

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    LiamEsler said:

Plus, as @AndrewFoley said, you guys. AND GIRLS. Just wait until you hear her say it.

It works so much better in context, I promise.

That gets me wondering about her voice actress. LET'S PLAY THE GUESSING GAME
  • I admit, at the bare minimum, I'd like to know if there are any restrictions on her romance path (we have confirmed that she'll be romanceable, right? Or am I making that up?). On the other hand, I can always romance one of the other Overhaul NPCs on my first playthrough.
    Well, we know there is a lesbian romance path, so its either Hexxat or Neera has become bi. I'm assuming Neera is still heterosexual, so that implies Hexxat is either lesbian or bisexual. I am going to assume there are no race restrictions since none of the new NPCs have them. There might be alignment restrictions, however, since there is precedent for that (Rasaad will only romance the good girls).
    Well Neera's a wild mage so she's just a spellsurge away from any possibility. :)

Well Neera's a wild mage so she's just a spellsurge away from any possibility. :)

Assuming her tastes don't transmogrify along with her sex, she's a spellsurge away from being a gay man, but I wouldn't say that was quite 'any possibility'.

Unless she becomes something weird. In which case I suppose it will depend on the Bhaalspawn's tastes more than hers.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Given that we've had hex = six already, a hex is also a term for a curse or spell, which would again lead credence to the theory that that's something magical or otherworldly to our new "thief". Or it could be a Red Herring, as so many things seem to be.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    What I'm reading into this is that Hexxat has some kind of accent.

So people, what are your guesses? I'm going to say French. Just because.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    LiamEsler said:

Plus, as @AndrewFoley said, you guys. AND GIRLS. Just wait until you hear her say it.

It works so much better in context, I promise.

Okay, how about this? Just 1 soundclip. Just 1. Not of her saying her name. Just of her saying her version of "okay, I'll go do that." Then we'll have something. As opposed to nothing.
  • Dee said:

I'm, like, 35% sure she's a Romulan.

In a week we're going to be looking at promotional artwork featuring magnificent shoulder pads.

Dee said:

This is the second time you've made reference to her being some kind of alien. I sense you are trying to tell us something. Spelljammer crossover character?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Dee said:

But Romulans are bald.
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    I may be dreaming but I think they will be doing a beta of bgee2 (i think I am wrong). I bet we can get her info then
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I think there is a beta and participants are under an NDA.