Skip to content

Phase III

Comments

• SacklarSacklar Member Posts: 54
    @Infiltrator i keep hearing its sooner than later bud. I know how u feel started a game bout 3 weeks ago but stop so that i could wait for the patch :)
  • metalmunkimetalmunki Member Posts: 67
    I don't really see the need to highlight scrolls that you already know. How many magic users are people running with that they have so many spells they've lost track of? Plus, remember that the scrolls can be cast as one-shots regardless, so it's not like a scroll known in the spellbook is useless.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,186
    I like @Sylvus_Moonbow 's idea about greyed icons. It is least intrusive, in fact it's not intrusive at all. I really dislike all of the color options.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400

Additionally, I'd rather those scrolls just look like what items appear in shops when you simply don't have the gold for them.

You can't afford this. This shop doesn't identify this. It already means NO.

I love this idea. So much better than the green highlight.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356

I don't really see the need to highlight scrolls that you already know.

Agreed. I don't see a need to highlight scrolls whatsoever. The notification that has been added at the top of the scroll description should be enough for those who have problems keeping track of the spells in characters' spellbooks. I just hope I can turn off the colors with a simple toggle button. They can flash fluorescent pink for all I care as long as I can turn it off.

How many magic users are people running with that they have so many spells they've lost track of?

I think this is a case of the character being smarter than the player. ~.^
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    The weapon proficiencies on my character just disappeared sometime around the Bandit Camp. I have no previous saves with the proficiencies so I have really no idea what happened. :(
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @metalmunki @Mortianna
    It's quite easy to lose track of known spells if you run several casters. In my latest run I had 1 bard and 2 mages, and shopping for new spells would be much easier if I know which ones a certain char is missing.

The greyed out option is the best so far!
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    @Sed: Yup! It's a pain when you have more then 1 caster, that I can agree! Still, greyed out is already in use so that is why the use of another color was a good idea... But toxic green isn't my favorite!
  • DrakeloreDrakelore Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2013
    Maybe already known spells could be marked with a "check" symbol.
    edited October 2013
    Huh! That's another good idea... However, since the game currently works "color" based state (red, blue, grey (and now green), I don't know if it would work well with the "theme" or whatever they call it...
  • DrakeloreDrakelore Member Posts: 36
    Yes I can see what you are saying.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    edited October 2013
    Drakelore said:

This is also a great idea, yes, and probably my preference. Although the best idea would be to have stuff like this optional and possibly customizable through the options menu.
  • Sed said:

It's quite easy to lose track of known spells if you run several casters. In my latest run I had 1 bard and 2 mages, and shopping for new spells would be much easier if I know which ones a certain char is missing.

The greyed out option is the best so far!

Agreed, this is most useful when you're shopping for new spells, as it can be a pain to be constantly entering and leaving the store screen so you can check to see what spells you are missing. That's also why I'm not 100% sold on the greyed out option, though, as that already means something else in the context of the store window.
    @Cuv: That's a good idea too! I'd keep it on however! :)
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    edited October 2013
    Here some pic @Dee of the bgee beta, i use italian language and i can see that in the second pic there is a missing part in the translation.

But as you can see the part "trascrivi pergamena" its in gray and i think this is pretty missleading, because its gray if already learned the spell that if you don't have already the spell.

Check the 2 pic

http://oi39.tinypic.com/11kb4uu.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/fvk287.jpg

Instead in the previous version of bgee that part its always visible.

I think that the best way its that if you can learn the spell then the part is visible, instead if you have already learned such spell then the part is gray.

edit:

here the pic of the bg ee pre beta --> http://i44.tinypic.com/9ay1bl.jpg
    Post edited by Zeratul on
  • tarasistarasis Member Posts: 20
    Is Phase 3 not available for Mac's? I've been accepted to test, but on the Beamdog site going to the Dashboard and then Mac Beta I get a 404 Error.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    I think developers members are limited , it's quite clear they need more time to work out the game , i don't have idea how many resource they have now , but i feel their status is quite tough due to steam version share their profit and there are lot of upcoming old school game will launch next year, there are few people must watch out IOS , Mac, Widows , Andorid ,even Linux versions , i doubt if beamdog is too optimistic for their develpment capability ,
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    darrenkuo said:

I think developers members are limited , it's quite clear they need more time to work out the game , i don't have idea how many resource they have now , but i feel their status is quite tough due to steam version share their profit and there are lot of upcoming old school game will launch next year, there are few people must watch out IOS , Mac, Widows , Andorid ,even Linux versions , i doubt if beamdog is too optimistic for their develpment capability ,

Perhaps they can open donations if they need more resources in order to add more members so the debugging process would take less time.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @tarasis It does the same for me on my account. However, in the mail he sent, Dee mentioned you had to use the Beamdog client (I'm not using it) and he also provided a link for an alternate simpler client specific to BGEE (that's what I used). I'm running Windows, I don't know if it is different for Mac.
  • LeoNegusLeoNegus Member Posts: 46
    @tarasis Use the link in the e-mail you got from Dee to download the beta. It's not available on the Beamdog site.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Why adding this color thing to scroll, I don't find it useful at all.

• darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366

darrenkuo said:

Perhaps they can open donations if they need more resources in order to add more members so the debugging process would take less time.
    they had ever said , if the game use " Baldur's Gate" title , they can't open the donations,
  • SacklarSacklar Member Posts: 54
    i want the beta :(
  • tarasistarasis Member Posts: 20
    edited October 2013
    Isaya said:

@tarasis It does the same for me on my account. However, in the mail he sent, Dee mentioned you had to use the Beamdog client (I'm not using it) and he also provided a link for an alternate simpler client specific to BGEE (that's what I used). I'm running Windows, I don't know if it is different for Mac.

LeoNegus said:

@tarasis Use the link in the e-mail you got from Dee to download the beta. It's not available on the Beamdog site.

Cheers guys, I don't appear to have an email from Dee. Will email and see whats up. The attached image is what I see if I go to the Beamdog website. It wasn't there before I emailed asking to be added.
  • metalmunkimetalmunki Member Posts: 67
    Drakelore said:

That would actually be my favoured approach. It's less obtrusive and not confusing the message. 'greyed out' means 'can't use', which isn't actually accurate. Even if it's in your spellbook, you can still use the scroll.

edited October 2013
    darrenkuo said:

they had ever said , if the game use " Baldur's Gate" title , they can't open the donations,

ok then create a new beamdog project open donations for that one and use the money for baldur's gate problem solved :p
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629

darrenkuo said:

ok then create a new beamdog project open donations for that one and use the money for baldur's gate problem solved :p
    And that. my friend, is called "fraud" and can get your ass thrown in jail.
    edited October 2013
    Malicron said:

And that. my friend, is called "fraud" and can get your ass thrown in jail.

:S oh well chaotic good characters cant seem to be able to restrain them selves when it comes to the greater good :p
This discussion has been closed.