191011121315»

Comments

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Thank you @Xanar & @elminster

Will do.
  • SkillboySkillboy Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Hi @Dee!
    And how about iPad? Will the next patch be able to iPad version of the game?
    Or is there any way to apply beta patch on my iPad version?
    Post edited by Skillboy on
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    RedGuard said:

Also does anyone know how I can change my e-mail associated with my Beamdog account? I can't quite seem to find an option to do so on the website.

A Beamdog admin/moderator/? has to change it for you. Dee fixed it for me.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Skillboy said:

Hi @Dee!
    And how about iPad? Will the next patch be able to iPad version of the game?
    Or is there any way to apply beta patch on my iPad version?

Don't count too much on it - Apple publishing guidelines is completely against pushing beta content to the live store.
    They will probably do a closed beta to ensure everything works smoothly on iPad, but that's it.
  • revanbhrevanbh Member Posts: 38
    Very fact that there is a difference between people who bought the game from Beamdog and Steam is rather disappointing. We all paid money for the same game and should be treated the same.

I hope this gets resolved fast and we also get the latest patch because, at present, various bugs in 1.0.2014 really kill my enjoyment of the game to such a degree that I've stopped playing until version 1.2.

I need not tell you that this also affects my decision to be cautious about buying BG2:EE. I am not trolling or something like that, but I really like what you are doing remaking these awesome games, yet all these complications and divisions between playerbase have sapped my enthusiasm for these titles
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400

@revanbh I think the lesson to learn is to buy BG2:EE directly from Beamdog

@revanbh This is unfortunately the truth. I still agree that all buyers should be treated equally, but at the time that seems impossible.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

Agreed. And don't get me wrong I like Steam. I just like my Baldur's Gate bug free even more.

• SharShar Member Posts: 158

This is true though i suppose it should be a lesson for devs as well as in dont try to sell something you cant support. You know with customer is always right and all.

Lesson has been learned. Too late, sadly. But due to these complications there exists a part of me that is just saying "leave off, don't buy it at all, play it safe and stick to your GOG version". I know people here hate even the mention of that version. I've been lurking long enough here to see that. :)

I guess I'll just wait for release date and see how things look when BG2:EE ships. In the meantime, I would like to implore the developer to make this patch available for all us, as soon as possible. I can just see this kind of situation - between Beamdog and Steam versions of the game - generating a rift between players, and a lot of resentment for the devs if things persist as they are. There is already a lot of bad press around the internet and nowhere near enough enthusiasm for BG2:EE as it was for BG:EE.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    Shar said:

This is true though i suppose it should be a lesson for devs as well as in dont try to sell something you cant support. You know with customer is always right and all.

The devs have very little to do with the steam release.
    @Aranthys it really matters not if Beamdog knew or not about Steam release. Majority of players care not about legal matters between Atari and Beamdog. Game was offered to them on that service and it is implied that it would be supported by the developer. It is there and reflects poorly on Beamdog when it is treated differently.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    It reflects poorly if you don't understand how capitalism works. Is it a bummer that Steam doesn't get the beta? Yeah, maybe. But it's not like they never will. I have the game through Beamdog, and I haven't even asked for access. I don't want something that could break every five minutes, I want it when it's done.

And what do you expect Beamdog to do about it, anyways? They can't put a big label on the Steam release that says "BUY FROM THE DEVELOPER PLEASE". They can't put the beta on Steam because they constantly hotfix it, and any patches for the Steam release have to go through Atari. It would be a bureaucratic nightmare.
    edited October 2013
    @Luigirules I'm not talking about the beta. I'm talking about releasing the official patch on Steam and Beamdog at the same time or with a short delay if the former is not possible. I too would not even apply for the beta if it was offered.

No, I am not expecting that label. But maybe something along the lines of Fallout 3, where warning was posted that the game wasn't optimized for Windows 7, wouldn't be amiss. Clear warning that timely developer support can't be guaranteed would have saved Beamdog a lot of bad perception.

I truly understand what you are saying. Beamdog has nothing to do with Steam. But I'm sure you also understand how minds of us consumers work. When you have a bad experience with a certain game, you tell your friends and remember yourself. Word of mouth carries, and people become shy of buying a new outing from that dev and publisher. Those two are linked, no matter how much one of them is to blame and the other is blameless. It's not fair, but it is how it is.

@Basilicum Sorry for the off-topic. I'll stop now. I was just going to ask about the status of the Steam patch and kind of veered off. :)
  • ArchmageArchmage Member Posts: 32
    edited October 2013
    [i]nevermind[/i]
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    I really hope so :-)
  • SharShar Member Posts: 158
    dib said:

Shar said:

The devs have very little to do with the steam release.
    Aranthys said:

Shar said:

Steam release was made by Atari, without Beamdog even knowing it beforehand - according to Trent Oster reaction on twitter.
    Yeah i understand although this demonstrates lack of foresight and planning and thus somewhat diminished professionalism. Regardless, I dont know how i found myself criticizing devs i enjoy this project thus far.
This discussion has been closed.