Skip to content

BG2EE iPad release date

nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
I am wondering what the iPad release date is. Is it also scheduled for Nov 15th? Or is that the app-store submission date, and there will be a delay for app review? Or (worst case) is Nov 15th just the desktop release date and the iPad release date is TBD?

I'm hoping it's either the first or second case.

Comments

• BJMJDBJMJD Member Posts: 192
    edited October 2013
    From what Phillip Daigle said here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/20688/baldur-s-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-is-coming-to-mac-pc-on-november-15th/p1

The Ipad version will be not release the Nov. 15th but soon after. So we can expect it for end of November or half of December.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I hope it doesn't get delayed too much. When bg:ee first came out to pcs, how long did it take to be available on Ipad?
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    Well last year I think the target date was the same as the desktop version, but a game-stopping issue caused a delay of a few weeks. I'm hoping the "soon after" release is just to account for possible issues and approval delays, not because the work is not done yet.
  • shrikeshrike Member Posts: 11
    When?!!! 3 days from release date and still no date for the iPad version, any updates or news?
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    From twitter: TrentOster: We are going to lead #BGII:EE on PC on Beamdog. Mac on Beamdog is next. iPad BGII:EE is #3 . Android BG:EE is #4. Android BGII:EE is #5
    Since Mac is supposed to be released at the same time as PC, that's not bad.
  • senzasenza Member Posts: 10
    As a day one iPad BGEE buyer, who is still waiting (a year later) for a decent experience, I wouldn't hold my breath on any release date that comes from this dev team. In fact, probably best to stay away from v1.0 as it will be riddled with bugs galore.
  • TravelleriTravelleri Member Posts: 32
    Lol, I bought the Ipad version on the release day and still waiting the ability to play a sorcerer... Cloud Kill, anyone? =) Not gonna buy the BG2EE, until I can mod the BGEE's Ipad version and bring my character from it to BG2EE...
  • famousringofamousringo Member Posts: 28
    I think at this point, even if development issues are sorted out, BG2 for iPad won't be coming out this year. As I understand it, app submissions are more or less locked for the holiday season. So Beamdog could submit the app today, get it approved in a week, but not be allowed to put it up until the new year.

I don't think patches to existing apps have the same restriction, so we shouldn't have to wait so long for BG1 1.2 (I hope).
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561

As I understand it, app submissions are more or less locked for the holiday season. So Beamdog could submit the app today, get it approved in a week, but not be allowed to put it up until the new year.

I don't think that's the case:
    iTunes Connect will be temporarily unavailable from Saturday, December 21, to Friday, December 27, 2013. During that time, iTunes Connect will not be accessible and you will not be able to submit any apps or In-App Purchases.
    They still have exactly one month to submit BG2:EE and/or BG:EE 1.2.
  • ChrisNHChrisNH Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2013
    The have less than a month, really, since it not only needs to be submitted.. it needs to be approved before the Holiday.
  • FraeyFraey Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I could have sworn i saw it in the iTunes store, but searching for it reveals nothing. Maybe i am confusing it with the Mac App Store and want it to be available...
  • PoeserPubePoeserPube Member Posts: 20
    Bite me... After the epic fail BGEE, I do not want BG2EE anymore; I have enough of this waiting and promises...
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    I do, but I am buying "Baldur's Gate", not "Beamdog". All of this show what kind of professionals they are. When they make their own video game, I won't buy it, for sure won't consider making the stupid wait.

it's unfortunate that this delay is causing some enthusiasm to wane, but I'm still eagerly anticipating the release of BG2EE on the iPad.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I'm thinking this is going to be a nice late Christmas present to me, from me. Because I love and appreciate myself so much :)
  • DalohnDalohn Member Posts: 2
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster 2 december

We haven't submitted to the iOS App Store yet, so at least a couple weeks.
    edited December 2013
    A couple of weeks..aha... Thats fine, since we are waiting..hm...1,5 years longer than promised for a fully working(!) BG1EE iPad port and I deleted this crap anyway.. So you can do as long as you like...You and your incapable team of wanna-be iPad programmers...
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147

Bite me... After the epic fail BGEE, I do not want BG2EE anymore; I have enough of this waiting and promises...

While I do not consider BGEE on the iPad an epic fail, I can completely see why many might find it unacceptable. On the other hand, if the patch is rolled out and the same codebase is leveraged in BG2EE, leading to smooth gameplay, is the bad start still relevant?

A couple of weeks..aha... Thats fine, since we are waiting..hm...1,5 years longer than promised for a fully working(!) BG1EE iPad port and I deleted this crap anyway.. So you can do as long as you like...You and your incapable team of wanna-be iPad programmers...

Anger management issues?

Anger management issues?

More like a "paid-for-a-well-running-BBEE-with-anounced-full-german-language-support-and-got-buggy-english-version-and-endless-false-promises"-issue...
    Looks like BG2EE was just submitted for iPad (according to Trent Oster's twitter)
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    nobody cares honestly.

He also said december 2nd ipad patch was due for 1.2 on regular baldurs gate.

1 week later nothing.

apple freeze their update in a few days.

I'm done with beamdog and their made up lies.
    greenfish said:

nobody cares honestly.

1 week later nothing.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't care. My guess is that other people who open a thread titled "BG2EE iPad Release date" may be interested
    greenfish said:

nobody cares honestly.

1 week later nothing.

A lot of people care. Don't confuse your feelings for everyone's feelings. You are just one person.

As someone who gives estimates for completing software, I would like to inform you that missing a target date for the release of software is not lying. Anyone who thinks that estimates for when software will be completed are promises is naive. The delays are extremely disappointing, but not surprising. Welcome to the world of software.

I understand that some people have a hard time dealing with disppointment and tend to cope with rage. I look forward to an improved experience when the new patch finally arrives. While I find the current release enjoyable, I decided to wait for a patch a while back for the best experience. It is annoying that the wait has been so long, but there are plenty of other things to do in life.
    davemo said:

greenfish said:

nobody cares honestly.

1 week later nothing.

A lot of people care. Don't confuse your feelings for everyone's feelings. You are just one person.

As someone who gives estimates for completing software, I would like to inform you that missing a target date for the release of software is not lying. Anyone who thinks that estimates for when software will be completed are promises is naive. The delays are extremely disappointing, but not surprising. Welcome to the world of software.

I understand that some people have a hard time dealing with disppointment and tend to cope with rage. I look forward to an improved experience when the new patch finally arrives. While I find the current release enjoyable, I decided to wait for a patch a while back for the best experience. It is annoying that the wait has been so long, but there are plenty of other things to do in life.
    In english language what does "right away" translate for you? Is it seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, eons?

To me it's hours or max a day or 2.

Apple takes 5 days for an approval it's been 7 days now, if that's not a lie from beamdog then what is?
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I care.
    greenfish said:

davemo said:

greenfish said:

nobody cares honestly.

1 week later nothing.

I understand that some people have a hard time dealing with disappointment and tend to cope with rage. I look forward to an improved experience when the new patch finally arrives. While I find the current release enjoyable, I decided to wait for a patch a while back for the best experience. It is annoying that the wait has been so long, but there are plenty of other things to do in life.
    In english language what does "right away" translate for you? Is it seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, eons?

Apple takes 5 days for an approval it's been 7 days now, if that's not a lie from beamdog then what is?
    It isn't a promise. It is an estimate. It is a prediction. Welcome to software engineering. I give estimates daily and they are not promises. I am expected to give the best estimate I can, but they are almost never exact. The only way to give an exact estimate in software engineering is to write the code before giving the estimate.

According to Oster's twitter feed, there was a language bug they had to work on over the weekend. That is the nature of software development. You think something is done, but until it is done, you don't know how much longer it will really take to complete.

If you have given up on the game, when will you give up on trolling here? You said you don't care. Why do you seem to care so much?
    davemo said:

greenfish said:

davemo said:

greenfish said:

nobody cares honestly.

1 week later nothing.

I understand that some people have a hard time dealing with disappointment and tend to cope with rage. I look forward to an improved experience when the new patch finally arrives. While I find the current release enjoyable, I decided to wait for a patch a while back for the best experience. It is annoying that the wait has been so long, but there are plenty of other things to do in life.

It isn't a promise. It is an estimate. It is a prediction. Welcome to software engineering. I give estimates daily and they are not promises. I am expected to give the best estimate I can, but they are almost never exact. The only way to give an exact estimate in software engineering is to write the code before giving the estimate.

According to Oster's twitter feed, there was a language bug they had to work on over the weekend. That is the nature of software development. You think something is done, but until it is done, you don't know how much longer it will really take to complete.

If you have given up on the game, when will you give up on trolling here? You said you don't care. Why do you seem to care so much?
    I'm a customer, who's still in a legal feud regarding the refund, that's all you have to know. I don't care about you or what you do for a living. It seems like you are beamdogs natural puppy/advocate. I've noticed in your posting history you defend this company over and over again. I hope you get paid for this, otherwise it's a waste of time?

If my company would give an estimate that went from "coming soon" to days or years, they would have filed a bankruptcy years ago. But yeah good luck with your "estimates".

Funny how our engineers have a rough estimate..... then again our company doesn't port a 10 year old game into something that has been done with mods.
    greenfish said:

Funny how our engineers have a rough estimate..... then again our company doesn't port a 10 year old game into something that has been done with mods.

Why did you buy it? It isn't like the problems aren't well known. Do you actually look into products before buying them?

The reality is it wouldn't be surprising if problems like they have had with BGEE causes serious business problems. Projects fail, as do companies. This doesn't support your 'lie' mantra, but it is problematic. It does show poor expectation setting.

Btw, what mod can make BG work on an iPad with a touch interface? Please point me to that mod. I will try it with my GOG version. And why did you buy this version if you could just use a mod to play it on iOS?
This discussion has been closed.