Skip to content

BG2EE iPad release date

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Any news?
    I've almost completed BGEE with ipad, and I can't go back on the PC version, the iPad version is soooo "handy".
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Baldur's What?
  • MoonbloodMoonblood Member Posts: 26
    seems we have to wait... according to twitter no response for approval. I'm beginning to hate the Appstore :(
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2014
    I think several bugs should be fixed before release, so don't expect it very soon.
    Ad why do I know this, beta testing, kids.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    CrevsDaak said:

I think several bugs should be fixed before release, so don't expect it very soon.

He only says that 'cus he didn't get the badge :P
    CrevsDaak said:

He only says that 'cus he didn't get the badge :P
    @meagloth nor the title, @Cuv and @Dee should watch out before I call my advocades.
    CrevsDaak said:

@meagloth nor the title, @Cuv and @Dee should watch out before I call my advocades.

I'm gonna not comment here, so we don't derail the- wait, darn it!

• badgerhamsterbadgerhamster Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2014
    Either way, both app store and beamdog need to get their act together. Providing customers with timely updates isnt a lot to ask. Yeah its great we can play bg on the ipads but this novelty is wearing thin. With all the bg1-2 release delays, fiascos and limited 'extra' content / semi-fixed bugs, i implore this halfass 'company' to stay away from even attempting Bg3!

and i say this having almost exploded with happiness and nostalgia when trent and bdog announced bg1ee way back.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Having read @CrevsDaak post about all the bugs needing fixed, I'm rather surprised this has been sent to the AppStore. It truly doesn't seem ready for release to me.
    Still love Beamdog for making it happen, but better to take your time than release a product that will just need patched In a week.
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    edited January 2014
    I have to agree with badgerhamster. This have been a pretty bad release since they first submitted the game, almost 3 weeks ago... As a customer I honestly don't care who's the blame or any excuses is hingering on the release.

According to Trent's twitter, he asked apple and so far they've given them no response to the delays. I'm happy the dev team is quite active on twitter and Dee's involvment on these forums

But seriously, we're soon on the 4th week and the game is still not up on appstore?

If I were beamdog i'd hound applestore every day they didn't upload my product. This is after all a business, and every delay is not gonna improve the prosperity.

Just my 2 cents.

Delvarian, well let's pray for a quick hotfix from beamdog then :)
  • jolly_bbjolly_bb Member Posts: 122
    i guess there is no agreed leadtime for apple approvals, correct? no SLA etc on this? so they can take their time indefinitely? just curious - still finishing bgee on ipad (started anew again...)
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    edited January 2014
    greenfish said:

I have to agree with badgerhamster. This have been a pretty bad release since they first submitted the game, almost 3 weeks ago... As a customer I honestly don't care who's the blame or any excuses is hingering on the release.

According to Trent's twitter, he asked apple and so far they've given them no response to the delays. I'm happy the dev team is quite active on twitter and Dee's involvment on these forums

But seriously, we're soon on the 4th week and the game is still not up on appstore?

If I were beamdog i'd hound applestore every day they didn't upload my product. This is after all a business, and every delay is not gonna improve the prosperity.

Just my 2 cents.

The official statement is, Beamdog never makes mistakes, plus all Apple's updates is information just filtered by Trent Oster to us. And indeed they do not; as we all know is all mysteriously Apple's fault that the average 5 days of review is going to surely be three weeks, coinciding with the return to Beamdog to office after the well deserved vacations.

• vladtheimpalervladtheimpaler Member Posts: 15
    Either way, who ever is responsible (AppStore or beamdog or both) needs to be upfront with us. The fact that a beta tester said that it's not ready for release is quite telling. I'm growing very tired of the contradictions and delays.
  • Holy_GSUSHoly_GSUS Member Posts: 4
    well if the game is not finished or full of bugs i rather wait till its in a playable/finished state.
    @Holy_GSUS it is playable, but it has "bugs", most are only graphical, some things that were added sometimes show random, then it has bugs that the PC version also has, as much as I played, it has some glitches that could be easily turned into exploits and are silly number mistakes, @vladtheimpaler none of the bugs is game breaking (except the vorpal hitting werewolves, but that's another silly mistake, and it can be easily fixed in only minutes), and the game is playable, there are some VERY annoying bugs but it's OK to play it.
  • vladtheimpalervladtheimpaler Member Posts: 15
    CrevsDaak said:

@Holy_GSUS it is playable, but it has "bugs", most are only graphical, some things that were added sometimes show random, then it has bugs that the PC version also has, as much as I played, it has some glitches that could be easily turned into exploits and are silly number mistakes, @vladtheimpaler none of the bugs is game breaking (except the vorpal hitting werewolves, but that's another silly mistake, and it can be easily fixed in only minutes), and the game is playable, there are some VERY annoying bugs but it's OK to play it.

Then I trust your judgement. It just seems odd to me that it's been four weeks since it was submitted, but then again I don't see what's going on behind the scenes. Just frustrated I guess.

• proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I agree with CrevsDaak...running through the ipad beta, I haven't come across anything really game breaking. As said, it's mostly graphical glitches (for instance, water looks really blocky). The werewolves may be a game stopper for someone totally new to the game, but they can be gotten past, but not easily. In my game Watcher's Keep doesn't show up on the world map, which is a problem on the desktop versions, too, I've read. I haven't come across any broken quests. There's enough wrong with it that the people who would complain anyway are going to complain, but it's totally playable...a lot more so than BGEE was when it was first released. There's some nice new features people will like (quick loot, especially).
    @procco the bad looking water has been fixed in the latest beta patch, and Dorn do not shows up anymore.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Oh good. I haven't been sent the latest patch yet. The water is really distracting!
  • Holy_GSUSHoly_GSUS Member Posts: 4
    anyway some information would be much appriciated i finished BGEE some time ago now and my party is waiting for more challanges in BGIIEE...
  • RafnerRafner Member Posts: 64
    Holy_GSUS said:

anyway some information would be much appriciated i finished BGEE some time ago now and my party is waiting for more challanges in BGIIEE...

Same here. Replayed the game during the holidays. My Fighter/Mage is ready for more.

greenfish said:

Just my 2 cents.

The official statement is, Beamdog never makes mistakes, plus all Apple's updates is information just filtered by Trent Oster to us. And indeed they do not; as we all know is all mysteriously Apple's fault that the average 5 days of review is going to surely be three weeks, coinciding with the return to Beamdog to office after the well deserved vacations.

Apple approve date is <5 days tops. Let's say the release is not 100%, then the counter is reset, I can agree with that. But what's going on now?

I've NEVER NEVER NEVER; seen a product apple that took more than 5 days, NEVER.

"Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster jan 3 2014
    No word on approval. I've got a couple messages in, no response."

"Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster dec 29 2013
    @SimioCruel Looks like the in-app purchases are still in review.
    Dölj konversation"

Back to what i've said before. I'd call apple until they either approved or disapproved my product.

When was the game first upploaded to apple, 16th december 2013?

6th january 2014 still NOTHING......

• spajdrspajdr Member Posts: 20
    Trent is back on Twitter, but no new posts regarding BG II.
  • spajdrspajdr Member Posts: 20
    Ok, just updated. In app purchases approved, BG II should be out soon!
  • MoonbloodMoonblood Member Posts: 26
    Great news!!!!
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    The one who did the review must have enjoyed his playthrough. Took long enough!
    spajdr said:

Ok, just updated. In app purchases approved, BG II should be out soon!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the headsup
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    And the crowd rejoiced, huzzah!
  • themadcowthemadcow Member Posts: 19
    not rejoicing yet, until its out!!
This discussion has been closed.