Mono, get over it lol
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I can't wait!!!
  • themadcowthemadcow Member Posts: 19
    Pibaro said:

I can't wait!!!

silly comment, you have too!
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    I guess we've seen one that took more than 5 days.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    It makes since that it would take super long, I mean, bg is a huge game. Just think of the usual games they test. If angry birds takes 5 days, than imaging what SoA+ToB takes.
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    davemo said:

I guess your name is davemo
    I guess the world is round
    I guess....

"supererogatory"

My mother had a saying: "if you have nothing useful to say, then..."

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    greenfish said:

davemo said:

No offense, but if that was true than what! like 80% of the comments on this thread shouldn't exist.

• iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    I love ginger tea and marshmallows.
    meagloth said:

greenfish said:

davemo said:

No offense, but if that was true than what! like 80% of the comments on this thread shouldn't exist.

I agree, and on most forums they would be either: deleted, marked for spam, or moved.

80%, you sure about that? Granted i've yet to read through the whole thread. But so far the first pages are about anxious customers waiting for a product that has been in "approval" for 3 weeks.

• iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    And cider. I fucking love cider.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    When will it be on the App Store?
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    16 hours ago Trent Oster twitted: "I'm clicking all sorts of buttons from our side to find out when it will go live. So far, no new info."
    Somehow, i'm not gonna be suprised if this is gonna end up taking days or even 1 more week....
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    I'm soo tempted to buy The Shadow Sun instead, seems very promising but doing relatively poor in sales. Much delayed fave game vs. new good but underappreciated game. Hopefully this gets released this week. I can only choose either because of storage space.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Someone once said in this thread that Thrusday is Apple's favorite day to release games?
    Illustair said:

I'm soo tempted to buy The Shadow Sun instead, seems very promising but doing relatively poor in sales. Much delayed fave game vs. new good but underappreciated game. Hopefully this gets released this week. I can only choose either because of storage space.

It's a good game (Shadow Sun). It reminded me a bit of Dragon Age only shorter. The NPCs were very blah, but it had some interesting side quests. If they make a sequel I think they could improve it and make a pretty great game.
    That being said, I'd rather play BG2EE, which will be a far better game, and will take me more than 6 hours to finish.
    Illustair said:

Thanks for the tip, but the awful framerate on ios is a turnoff for me.

Same with xcom, it's down to 18-20fps in some cases (not acceptable)
    greenfish said:

Illustair said:

Low frame rate would probably be even more painful for Shadow Sun since it is real time open world, unlike XCOM.
    I don't think framerate will be an issue in TSS considering its graphics are a little bit outdated, and places are chunked into small parts, or so I've read.

Anyway, on topic, still nothing? I'm confused as to why would Apple delay a release (or review) for a game this much. A grudge of some sort? :))
  • RafnerRafner Member Posts: 64
    Agyone else checking the app store every hour or so, like a person with OCD?
    Rafner said:

Agyone else checking the app store every hour or so, like a person with OCD?

Just twice a day
    Or at least twice a day
  • LaniartyLaniarty Member Posts: 7
    "Happy new year, everyone! We're back in business for 2014, with some exciting news about BGII:EE for iPad very soon!"

That just got posted on my facebook feed. Maybe a release date finally?
  • spajdrspajdr Member Posts: 20
    Probably not this week though.
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    edited January 2014
    damn still no bg 2 on the ipad ?

i really wish someone else would had done this project, those beam dog guys are terrible.

Project eternity will be released sooner than this port.
    edited January 2014
    davemo said:

greenfish said:

Illustair said:

Low frame rate would probably be even more painful for Shadow Sun since it is real time open world, unlike XCOM.
    Yeah I guess. The main problem is that a lot of these devs takes ipad 1-2 into consideration but rarely offers support for newer models resolution or hardware. Xcom was built on working on ipad 1, I mean come on, get with the program! Still it's feels great the touch UI vs pc.
    Illustair said:

I don't think framerate will be an issue in TSS considering its graphics are a little bit outdated, and places are chunked into small parts, or so I've read.

Anyway, on topic, still nothing? I'm confused as to why would Apple delay a release (or review) for a game this much. A grudge of some sort? :))

The game does look great,i'll give them that.

I have no clue what's going on now. This has to be one of the worst launches i've experienced in a game.

Game was approved 2 days ago by apple....yes yes..... beamdog where is it????

No seriously, what kind of amateurish operation is this, where a game get's approved after 3 weeks, then nothing happens? Is this amateur hour or what?

"I'm clicking all sorts of buttons from our side to find out when it will go live. So fart, no new info."
    Trent Oster Twitter, posted 2 DAYS ago

Screw speculations, why isn't Trent CALLING a supervisor on apple? Are you telling me when a game get's approved on apple, they don't even tell you when it's gonna be released? How hard is it to dispatch an email "game was approved x date, game will be released x date, at x price" ?

This is getting downright silly.

To the regulars on these forums, how long does it regularly take beamdog to upload a hotfix/patch for ipad to fix crucial bugs?

Thanks
    Well once it's released it will be at least a month before the first patch, going by BGEE anyway. They like to do bigger patches for iPad because of the way the iPad app process works.
  • dwaydedwayde Member Posts: 4
    Thank you Green fish. Finally someone saying what needs to be said. This is absolutely ridiculous that they would release the game in early Dec and Apple still hasn't posted the game for sale in January. That delay aside it's been several more days now since confirmed approval and we the fans and purchasers/supporters for you aren't worth enough to even be given a concrete release date!? I for one am official announcing I'm moving on and putting that money towards a different game. I waited long enough. I'm guessing I'm not the only one fed up..and at 10$ that likely means Beamdog is literally losing thousands because of this right now. Congrats.

If I were you Trent I would be on the phone with Apple every 10 seconds of the day demanding my game be released or a date be provided. You are really screwing your fans bud.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Not only that. They are screwing the biggest chance of Beamdog to build a great fan base, which they could use for Kickstarter, or as a big asset in a Business Plan. Sure they are dragging many fans into that, but I am sure the number would be much bigger if they did the things better.

I can't say my taste for games are very wide or that I have time for several different games to play, so I am forced to wait and spend my money in this one. However, if ever Eternity or Numenera would be released before this whole delay...
This discussion has been closed.