Skip to content

BG2EE iPad release date

Comments

• greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    edited December 2013
    davemo said:

greenfish said:

Funny how our engineers have a rough estimate..... then again our company doesn't port a 10 year old game into something that has been done with mods.

Why did you buy it? It isn't like the problems aren't well known. Do you actually look into products before buying them?

The reality is it wouldn't be surprising if problems like they have had with BGEE causes serious business problems. Projects fail, as do companies. This doesn't support your 'lie' mantra, but it is problematic. It does show poor expectation setting.

Btw, what mod can make BG work on an iPad with a touch interface? Please point me to that mod. I will try it with my GOG version. And why did you buy this version if you could just use a mod to play it on iOS?

"Why did you buy it? It isn't like the problems aren't well known. Do you actually look into products before buying them?"

On launch date there were no information other than the reviewers, which should be honest but clearly they weren't. If games had enforced Q/A with severe consquences like if you buy a car this would never happen.

My company will refund any customer if our product doesn't hold up to our standards. That's our motto. Then again our products doesn't roll out completly broken we actually (hold your breath) Q/A the product before it's retail. Crazy idea right?

"Btw, what mod can make BG work on an iPad with a touch interface? Please point me to that mod. I will try it with my GOG version. And why did you buy this version if you could just use a mod to play it on iOS?"

jailbroken ipad, get gem-RB and run the pc version on your ipad.

Because my ipad isn't jailbroken-therfore-I-bought-the-enhanced-version-instead.

Good day to you sir.

EDITED my thread, I kinda over-exaggerated the whole situation which wasn't aimed for beamdog as a company.
    Post edited by greenfish on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    This thread has gone more than a little off the rails. BGII:EE will be released soon; our hope is to have it out before Christmas so those who are planning to play it over their holiday break will be able to do so, but nothing's a guarantee.

The same holds true for the patch. We want it to be released just as much as you do--more than, in fact, because there are a lot of features that you haven't been able to see yet and we're excited to show them off--but we have to make sure that the product is stable first.

I have to say that I find it a little disingenuous, talking about lack of QA in one sentence and then complaining about the wait in the next. Where do you think that wait is coming from?

I understand the frustration, but please try not to exaggerate the situation. It doesn't help anyone, and it certainly doesn't help us do what you want us to do, which is release the patch and BGII:EE.
    edited December 2013
    Dee said:

This thread has gone more than a little off the rails. BGII:EE will be released soon; our hope is to have it out before Christmas so those who are planning to play it over their holiday break will be able to do so, but nothing's a guarantee.

The same holds true for the patch. We want it to be released just as much as you do--more than, in fact, because there are a lot of features that you haven't been able to see yet and we're excited to show them off--but we have to make sure that the product is stable first.

I have to say that I find it a little disingenuous, talking about lack of QA in one sentence and then complaining about the wait in the next. Where do you think that wait is coming from?

I understand the frustration, but please try not to exaggerate the situation. It doesn't help anyone, and it certainly doesn't help us do what you want us to do, which is release the patch and BGII:EE.

Yeah sorry about that. I did kinda over-exaggerate my example. Let's hope BGII:EE and most importantly the patch for BGEE comes before xmas. I can wait after xmas as well assuming it's a stable patch/sequel.

If BGEEII lands as a somewhat stable release then it's a good sign large PC rpgs can work fine just on ipad assuming they have a good company behind their product.

Apple freezes the dev branch 21st december 2013, so there's still time for an early release.

Bring on BGIIEE+patch!!!
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    greenfish said:

davemo said:

greenfish said:

Funny how our engineers have a rough estimate..... then again our company doesn't port a 10 year old game into something that has been done with mods.

Why did you buy it? It isn't like the problems aren't well known. Do you actually look into products before buying them?

The reality is it wouldn't be surprising if problems like they have had with BGEE causes serious business problems. Projects fail, as do companies. This doesn't support your 'lie' mantra, but it is problematic. It does show poor expectation setting.

Btw, what mod can make BG work on an iPad with a touch interface? Please point me to that mod. I will try it with my GOG version. And why did you buy this version if you could just use a mod to play it on iOS?

"Why did you buy it? It isn't like the problems aren't well known. Do you actually look into products before buying them?"

On launch date there were no information other than the reviewers, which should be honest but clearly they weren't. If games had enforced Q/A with severe consquences like if you buy a car this would never happen.

My company will refund any customer if our product doesn't hold up to our standards. That's our motto. Then again our products doesn't roll out completly broken we actually (hold your breath) Q/A the product before it's retail. Crazy idea right?

"Btw, what mod can make BG work on an iPad with a touch interface? Please point me to that mod. I will try it with my GOG version. And why did you buy this version if you could just use a mod to play it on iOS?"

jailbroken ipad, get gem-RB and run the pc version on your ipad.

Because my ipad isn't jailbroken-therfore-I-bought-the-enhanced-version-instead.

Good day to you sir.

EDITED my thread, I kinda over-exaggerated the whole situation which wasn't aimed for beamdog as a company.
    Being an early adopter is a treacherous road, especially on with the mobile App Store model.
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    Looking forward to it's release, I'm sure it will be great.
  • ChrisNHChrisNH Member Posts: 22
    Dee said:

talking about lack of QA in one sentence and then complaining about the wait in the next. Where do you think that wait is coming from?

LOL, nice.. and very true.

I am excited to play but not at the expense of quality. Keep at it!

Thanks!
  • shrikeshrike Member Posts: 11
    Release Date, any further updates?
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Dee said:

What you say is perfectly true and understandable. And considered to be said in this forum.

When the release of the original BG2, I remember the delay was also huge. Not as big as this wait, but unusual for the time. I remember going to the Fnac over and over, every time they told me "is being delayed. Come next week". By the way, that's how I started in the forums and the communities, to see what other people knew about this delay.

My point is that we are not in that times anymore. I think is fair we demand more feedback from the creators of the game since now is so easy and established to do. We wish we had more conversations about the patch situation and everything, and the fact of being more involved with us would just have been a greater costumer support from you. Besides, should be flattering that we have so much of an interest in playing your game.
  • EketEket Member Posts: 69
    Probably best to wait before buying bg2:ee. I have read the known bugs, many of which can be worked around using the clua console, but the ipad version doesn't have that. It seems you can't even get the sword of chaos in irenicus' dungeon.

I have learnede from getting bg:ee on launch, best to make sure the version we are getting has the more severe bugs taken care of.
  • PoeserPubePoeserPube Member Posts: 20
    Take your time, guys..all the time you need, to make it 'stable'... 2 years, 3 years... I'm done with this EE crap.

They submitted this on the 9th december, that's over 7 days ago, almost 8 in a few hours. That's a bit weird since most apps takes less than 5 days for apple to approve?
  • EketEket Member Posts: 69
    greenfish said:

They submitted this on the 9th december, that's over 7 days ago, almost 8 in a few hours. That's a bit weird since most apps takes less than 5 days for apple to approve?

Maybe takes longer on a game as lengthy as this one... They can't just start it up and say that it's fine.

Guys, remember is (as now) still lunch time in a Moday in West Coast USA. It might happen today. Otherwise, has to be soon.
    I need to finish a game first on BGEE. Might be a few weeks.
    Mee too, I don't mind waiting one week since I have to finish my game, But I need BG2 for Christmas.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Trent tweeted the other day that he expects the approval process to end on Wednesday/Thursday.
  • whamermanwhamerman Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2013
    Apple probably already told Trent it was approved, but it wants to release it with the weekly refresh on Thursday. Possibly as an editor's choice since the Mac App Store version was included in the Best of 2013.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Do we have confirmation of the price?
  • whamermanwhamerman Member Posts: 10
    Based on previous comments from Trent when they were pricing BGEE I'd guess $9.99 and IAP for the new NPCs (at least Dorn and Neera, probably Hexxat as well). @Dee Can you provide any insight on this?
    I think BGEE released at $19 though, and was around $25 with all the dl content? So maybe the same for BGEE 2?
    BGEE released at $10 for iOS. It was $20 for PC, but additional content was IAP for iOS. Nothing released for $19, unless you call $19.99 '$20'. Marketing people would love it if they could take a penny off of $20 and have people see $19.
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    Well the desktop version of BG2EE was more expensive than BGEE. Is there a price inbetween 9.99 and 19.99 that the iOS Appstore supports?
    davemo said:

BGEE released at $10 for iOS. It was $20 for PC, but additional content was IAP for iOS. Nothing released for $19, unless you call $19.99 '$20'. Marketing people would love it if they could take a penny off of $20 and have people see $19.

Yeah your right, my memory is hazey from playing to much.
    Almost 10 days now, normal rate is 5 days.

Hmmm
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    Latest tweets from Trent suggest that the base price is $14.99. And that the app is in review.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    @greenfish Well it's X-mas coming up and I am 100% sure a lot of developers are pushing to release their product before that. So overload and delays in the approval process are to be expected.
    edited December 2013
    No. It must be some conspiracy because Beamdog are evil liars.

:(
  • badgerhamsterbadgerhamster Member Posts: 4
    Thursday before xmas... I havnt even bothered to check these forums until now based on previous performance... Where is my bg2ee beamdog!? :(
    edited December 2013
    Skaffen said:

@greenfish Well it's X-mas coming up and I am 100% sure a lot of developers are pushing to release their product before that. So overload and delays in the approval process are to be expected.

True, also they did submit a bug so it kinda reset the clock.

Oh well as long as it get's here soon i'm content.
    Eket said:

greenfish said:

Maybe takes longer on a game as lengthy as this one... They can't just start it up and say that it's fine.

I honestly don't think they actually "test" the game. Don't they only check if the code is up on their dev branch?
    From twitter "On the BGII side, we are back in review this morning."
    LOL
This discussion has been closed.