Skip to content

BG2EE is live - What are you still doing here! :p

Comments

• marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    edited October 2013

Even if she is the stat-equivalent of Rasaad, she'll still have her fans, but there will be a lot of disappointment out there. If she turns out like Garrick... there may be an uprising.

Well, stats can always be adjusted, and I don't apologize for doing that anymore. I used to start multiplayer games and roll up my own characters when I wasn't happy with the Bioware made ones to fill a particular role. At a certain point it dawned on me that it made a lot more sense to adjust the Bioware made NPCs to be something closer to what I would role up myself (within certain roleplaying restrictions for the character's individual personality), and have their banters and interactions.

So if Hexxat isn't exactly what you hoped for, a few adjustments aren't likely out of reach.

I've run Jaheira as a ranger/cleric and an archer. I've run Minsc as a Berserker (fits perfectly), as just a couple of examples. In my next runthrough of BGEE I will most likely run Kagain as a Dwarven Defender.

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Coriander said:

You're saying I shouldn't have given werecapybaras a racial restriction to only use slings? And all those story reasons for their dumpy DEX and massively high CHA? i.e. werecapybaras are not exactly the most mobile of creatures but they are adorable.

Your epic dev trolling is sadly foiled by the screenshots of her holding a bow. XD
    elminster said:

marceror said:

Lastly, doing this as a countdown seems a tad optimistic (no offense intended to Beamdog).

I'm an optimistic kind of guy.
    Whereas I am personally of the cynical variety. Or as I like to put it, I'm a realist. :)
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    marceror said:

Even if she is the stat-equivalent of Rasaad, she'll still have her fans, but there will be a lot of disappointment out there. If she turns out like Garrick... there may be an uprising.

Well, stats can always be adjusted, and I don't apologize for doing that anymore. I used to start multiplayer games and roll up my own characters when I wasn't happy with the Bioware made ones to fill a particular role. At a certain point it dawned on me that it made a lot more sense to adjust the Bioware made NPCs to be something closer to what I would role up myself (within certain roleplaying restrictions for the character's individual personality), and have their banters and interactions.

So if Hexxat isn't exactly what you hoped for, a few adjustments aren't likely out of reach.

I've run Jaheira as a ranger/cleric and an archer. I've run Minsc as a Berserker (fits perfectly), as just a couple of examples. In my next runthrough of BGEE I will most likely run Kagain as a Dwarven Defender.

To each their own. Sometimes I like a challenge, and I also like experiencing something with the original intent of the finished product in mind. Even though I make fun of Garrick or even Rasaad, they have both been in my party for a whole duration of BG play as-is. However, I'm sure it's fun to alter their builds into something more ideal. You don't apologize, I don't judge.
    For what it's worth, I typically have mods installed that increase the difficulty of combat overall, and use the harder difficulty levels, so I generally have some room to adjust NPCs without reducing overall challenge. My current BGEE runthrough is the first time I've gone completely vanilla in a long time with this series.
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    gonna try out an assassin dualed with monk (low level assassin)

or MC assassin with monk

using shadow keeper. Haven't had the time to do this in regular bg2, so I'm waiting for the new game to do it. I think MC might be outta the question because monk fist don't become +4 weapons until much later

Roleplay as a chaotic evil monk that is also an assassin (because they do exist). Backstab fist damage combined with poison weapons...yummy
    ghostowl said:

or MC assassin with monk

using shadow keeper. Haven't had the time to do this in regular bg2, so I'm waiting for the new game to do it. I think MC might be outta the question because monk fist don't become +4 weapons until much later

Roleplay as a chaotic evil monk that is also an assassin (because they do exist). Backstab fist damage combined with poison weapons...yummy

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I should point out that you cannot dual-class to or from Monk.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Looking forward to playing it on my iPad, so I have a bit longer to wait probably :(
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Mortianna said:

Teaming up with my old chums, Eddie, Vicky, Korgie, and (most recently) Dorn, as well as getting to know Hexxat.

I'm also looking forward to visiting the Athkatla Graveyard District again, especially at night. ^.~

Heeeeey, we might run into each other there!
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Flashburn said:

As soon as I get to ToB, Dorn and Sarevok are going to throw down and settle once and for all who is the baddest ass of the evil party members.

Why not make it a three-way and get Korgan in there?

ghostowl said:

or MC assassin with monk

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I should point out that you cannot dual-class to or from Monk.
    I thought you could with the recent changes to the game?
    ghostowl said:

ghostowl said:

or MC assassin with monk

As far as I am aware the externalisation only permits opening up the racial restrictions on dual and multi-class. Rather than permit you to have previously impossible class combos.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Ive never played more than an hour or so, ai am looking forward to the whole game.

But umm. Where. For. The. Love. Of. Money. Is. The. Bgee. Patch. ??????????????????.
    Lateralus said:

Ive never played more than an hour or so, ai am looking forward to the whole game.

But umm. Where. For. The. Love. Of. Money. Is. The. Bgee. Patch. ??????????????????.

Soon.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Lateralus said:

Its getting there. I was playing the beta just now on a mac and it was running really smoothly.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    edited October 2013

ghostowl said:

ghostowl said:

or MC assassin with monk

As far as I am aware the externalisation only permits opening up the racial restrictions on dual and multi-class. Rather than permit you to have previously impossible class combos.
    I think you're right, but you can always use EE Keeper to get the desired compos.
    No with Monk, though. Since a dual-class has to be a valid multi-class combo (hence no Druid/Thieves, for example). There is no Monk-multi possibility in the engine.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    ghostowl said:

[...]Roleplay as a chaotic evil monk that is also an assassin (because they do exist). Backstab fist damage combined with poison weapons...yummy

A Chaotic monk? How is that possible outside of cursed magic items?

It sounds about as plausible as trying to roleplay a Good Blackguard.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

No with Monk, though. Since a dual-class has to be a valid multi-class combo (hence no Druid/Thieves, for example). There is no Monk-multi possibility in the engine.

Okay, I didn't know that.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    what do i look forward to? preordering it when i have extra money :)
    Mortianna said:

ghostowl said:

[...]Roleplay as a chaotic evil monk that is also an assassin (because they do exist). Backstab fist damage combined with poison weapons...yummy

A Chaotic monk? How is that possible outside of cursed magic items?

It sounds about as plausible as trying to roleplay a Good Blackguard.
    I disagree. Paladins represent the Good, and therefore, it makes sense for Anti-Paladin / Blackguard to be evil.

For Monks, they don't necessarily HAVE to represent the good. Neutral monks seem to be more common, because they stress life outside of this one, and they don't want to involve themselves in worldly goods & affairs. I've seen many evil monks bent on assassinating people in films / stories / comics...I don't think it's as far-fetched as a 'Good Blackguard'
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @ghostowl -
    It was the Chaotic thing s/he was getting at. Not only do Monks have to be Lawful ingame, but the whole Monk lifestyle is about discipline and self-control. In short, Lawfulness.
  • Eh, discipline and self-control are more personality traits that tend to correlate with Lawfulness than traits that are, themselves, Lawful. Unless you think Chaotic characters have to be undisciplined and unable to control themselves. Might as well say having a sense of humor is Chaotic and being stoic is Lawful.