Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Romances between good and evil characters don't always go so well

BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
Since it is becoming likely that Hexxat is evil, I'm getting worried. My charname is good aligned, and I'm considering having him romance Hexxat instead of Neera, Viconia, or Aerie for role playing reasons, but there is a problem. If she is evil, I don't think a romance with her will be as smooth as romancing Viconia... What if my charname is forced to do something against his alignment to impress Hexxat? I'm worried about this.

I want the romance to make sense in my BG2:EE fanfiction, but if it doesn't work out in the game, how in the world can I make it work in my fanfic?

«13456

Comments

  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Viconia is also evil, at least for like.... 90% of the romance.

  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited October 2013

    Viconia is also evil, at least for like.... 90% of the romance.

    Viconia is an exception, even if you're good aligned you don't do anything to compromise your alignment during the romance. What if Hexxat's romance is different?

    Quartz
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    onan said:

    Then you don't have a successful romance option with her. It's just like real life. Not everyone falls for me even though I have the essence of a God.

    ... Story of my life. -_-

  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Yeah, let's be honest, if Hexxat asks you to start murdering babies of something it might be time to accept that you probably don't have much of a future together.

    QuartzAristilliusShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477

    Yeah, let's be honest, if Hexxat asks you to start murdering babies of something it might be time to accept that you probably don't have much of a future together.

    I seriously hope the romance won't alienate good aligned charnames. If it does, I'll ragequit.

    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Well Rasaad will only romance good-aligned females. What if Hexxat has an alignment preference?

  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited October 2013
    Corvino said:

    Well Rasaad will only romance good-aligned females. What if Hexxat has an alignment preference?

    That's what I am assuming. You're asking the same question that is on my mind.

  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    I guess the implication is that it is indeed ok not to be able to romance her if she has an alignment preference. Personally, I find that refreshing. You have to make sacrifices and choices for individuals. And it's an excuse to try out different alignments.

    magpieJairyannamibbleselminster
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    onan said:

    I guess the implication is that it is indeed ok not to be able to romance her if she has an alignment preference. Personally, I find that refreshing. You have to make sacrifices and choices for individuals. And it's an excuse to try out different alignments.

    No! Hell to the NO! I'm not changing my charname's alignment, not in the game nor my fanfic! You may find that refreshing, but I find it garbage! Hopefully Rasaad can be corrupted by the Dark Moon monks in BG2EE so evil female OCs can romance him and you can eat your words.

  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,876
    *cough*helmofoppositealignment*cough*

    KidCarnival
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    What if she's only interested in women?

    KidCarnivalLisaralin
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    onan said:

    Um. Okay.

    Sorry for my outburst. My point is alignment restrictions should be short lived. There should be a point where you can change your companion's alignment. For example, Rasaad. You know what happened to his brother, right? What if at some point you can convince Rasaad to defect to the Dark Moon? It wasn't possible in BG:EE, but what if it is in BG2:EE now that we might find out who this Alorgoth guy is?

  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477

    *cough*helmofoppositealignment*cough*

    >_< I'm going to ignore that.

  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477

    What if she's only interested in women?

    Then that would be a big "f**k you" to heterosexuals.

  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    I like changing alignments of your companions as much as the next guy but it's also acceptable to me that I can't influence everybody that drastically. But yeah, if the plot to change the alignment is interesting enough, sure why not.

    KidCarnivalScooter
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    onan said:

    I like changing alignments of your companions as much as the next guy but it's also acceptable to me that I can't influence everybody that drastically. But yeah, if the plot to change the alignment is interesting enough, sure why not.

    My point exactly. If the plot presents the opportunity, why not take it?

  • magpiemagpie Member Posts: 79
    edited October 2013
    Or shorties!
    (EDIT: When I made this post it was right under Eudaemoniums :) )

  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    magpie said:

    Or shorties!
    (EDIT: When I made this post it was right under Eudaemoniums :) )

    You mean like halflings, dwarves and gnomes? Well, at least the halfling, dwarf and gnome charnames will have some love.

  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    A romance it's not a quest.
    It's the most roleplaying part of the game.
    But remember that usually it's about "saying thing" not about "doing things" so you could easily cheat her (or him) if you feel like.
    "You are my only love, I'll never disappoint you! I could never lie to you! You are the only girl in the world"
    Does that looks like truth or lie? But everyone in the real world says that kind of things...
    Where is the problem? You really want her? Do like everybody does in real life, tell her what you think she'll want to hear!!! "Yes this dress fits perfect on you! Yes that supermodel is nothing without surgery and photoshop! The football match is starting in 5 minutes, but I'll love to go shopping with you right now!"

    BladeDancerKidCarnival
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    I dunno about this, I like the fact that you can shift Viconia's alignment through her romance subplot. Then again it only shifts to neutral (you hardly turn her good), and this happens very late game (ToB iirc). Then again it would be lame if you could do it with every NPC in the game, or even with just the Romance options. I also kinda like to give the Drow a free pass on alignment shifts, they are after all held in the thrall of a co-dependent evil deity. They are raised evil, and when one is exiled or escapes and learns of the larger world a change in perspective seems quite reasonable.

  • magpiemagpie Member Posts: 79
    edited October 2013


    Then that would be a big "f**k you" to heterosexuals.


    I don't see that. I don't need to be homosexual to play a character that is, so that content is as available to me as it is to someone who fancies the same sex. But I guess some people roleplay and other people immerse *themselves*.

    Anyway, I don't expect them to restrict new content too much, so I actually think you don't need to worry in general.

    Eudaemonium
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Pibaro said:

    A romance it's not a quest.
    It's the most roleplaying part of the game.
    But remember that usually it's about "saying thing" not about "doing things" so you could easily cheat her (or him) if you feel like.
    "You are my only love, I'll never disappoint you! I could never lie to you! You are the only girl in the world"
    Does that looks like truth or lie? But everyone in the real world says that kind of things...
    Where is the problem? You really want her? Do like everybody does in real life, tell her what you think she'll want to hear!!! "Yes this dress fits perfect on you! Yes that supermodel is nothing without surgery and photoshop! The football match is starting in 5 minutes, but I'll love to go shopping with you right now!"

    I agree with you for the most part. It is about roleplaying, not a side quest. But still there is the alignment barrier to consider, that is, if it will be a problem.

  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited October 2013
    Samiel said:

    I dunno about this, I like the fact that you can shift Viconia's alignment through her romance subplot. Then again it only shifts to neutral (you hardly turn her good), and this happens very late game (ToB iirc). Then again it would be lame if you could do it with every NPC in the game, or even with just the Romance options. I also kinda like to give the Drow a free pass on alignment shifts, they are after all held in the thrall of a co-dependent evil deity. They are raised evil, and when one is exiled or escapes and learns of the larger world a change in perspective seems quite reasonable.

    Viconia is an exception, everyone knows her alignment can be changed. I haven't even played BG2 yet and I know this too. Hexxat may be more... stiff than Viconia. What if she prefers being evil no matter what? It'll present a problem for good aligned charnames romancing her. I don't know about neutral, though.

  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    magpie said:


    Then that would be a big "f**k you" to heterosexuals.


    I don't see that. I don't need to be homosexual to play a character that is, so that content is as available to me as it is to someone who fancies the same sex. But I guess some people roleplay and other people immerse *themselves*.

    Anyway, I don't expect them to restrict new content too much, so I actually think you don't need to worry in general.
    You do realize that as of right now, Rasaad can only romance good aligned human or elven female charnames, right?

  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    I thought Rasaad could only romance female human or elven dominatrixes.

    Madhax
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Drugar said:

    They made an NPC that (possibly) doesn't cater completely to your personal desires?

    Her alignment hasn't been confirmed yet, I'm just speaking my concerns out loud. And I take your question as a thinly veiled insult towards me.

Sign In or Register to comment.