Skip to content

Game Update: v1.2.0

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Xathos
    I hope this will set your mind at ease:
    Phillip Daigle 10h
    #BGEE Patch 1.2 is coming to Steam fairly soon - we're getting everything set up for that today.

Cris Quiterio 6h
    does that mean 1.2 on steam today? or within the next few days

Phillip Daigle ‏5h
    Next few days, we're being given access to submit Steam builds today, and then we'll need to do some quick tests.
    No one has intentionally misled you here. Sometimes things change. In this case, that's exactly what happened.
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Xathos said:

people who claim not to be responsible for Steam distribution, are claiming (some form of) responsibility now.

Not quite accurate. People who claimED not to be responsible are arranging to take (some form of) responsibility now.

As I know and work with those people, I'm inclined to believe them. If you don't, I can understand that. I think you're aiming your frustration at the wrong parties -- at people who are trying to get a product they're pretty proud of out to the people who want it as fast they possibly can under the circumstances -- but we can agree to disagree. Life goes on.

There is no reason why I should be punished for purchasing this off of Steam.
    No good reason. But contracts can be weird and frustrating things, as can people who don't answer their phones, and lawyers who work to their own schedule.

• XathosXathos Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2013
    @AndrewFoley and @Dee

Thanks for clarifying. I mentioned this in my first post:
    Xathos said:

At very least, this is a unintentional misleading tweet, at the worst, a blame game is going on with nobody accepting responsibility for the Steam release. Some clarification would be nice.

No good reason. But contracts can be weird and frustrating things, as can people who don't answer their phones, and lawyers who work to their own schedule.

I can relate, I work at a hospital. I've had plenty of both affect what I can and can't do.

• ayunoayuno Member Posts: 42
    I've a question: If BG2 is released are you able to combine this with BG1? Like the Big World Mod for the old ones.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    I love the change to Neera's encounter, where there is a high rate of her getting obliterated

I don't like the change to Silke though, removing her mirror image with an improved invisibility spell. No can defend the follow up lightning bolt if she gets the invisibility off (the casting time compared to mirror image seems way less)

...although it doesn't help I'm playing with 75 stat garbage characters
  • dhumantorchdhumantorch Member Posts: 1
    I bought this game last year and haven't been able to get it working. How can I download this patch? Or where?

I bought this game last year and haven't been able to get it working. How can I download this patch? Or where?

Have you owned this game on steam? if so, then you must wait until atari upload finally this patch on steam. But honestly, it seems atari is just ignore everything so maybe we'll see this patch in 1 month or 1 year or maybe never.

• darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    ayuno said:

Have you owned this game on steam? if so, then you must wait until atari upload finally this patch on steam. But honestly, it seems atari is just ignore everything so maybe we'll see this patch in 1 month or 1 year or maybe never.

@ayuno

You may wrong ,
    Base on developer's twitter , steam version will get patch couple days later,

yep i saw it already.. im suprised
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    I have found small bug. I usually play with chat set for 1 line. I expand it only after fight. And i have to expand it two times and minimalize one to see more than this one line of text. In my opinion I should be able to expand chat once to see last 5 lines and second to see 10 lines.
  • komonokomono Member Posts: 19
    Dee said:

@Xathos

Phillip Daigle 10h
    #BGEE Patch 1.2 is coming to Steam fairly soon - we're getting everything set up for that today.

Cris Quiterio 6h

Phillip Daigle ‏5h
    Next few days, we're being given access to submit Steam builds today, and then we'll need to do some quick tests.
    No one has intentionally misled you here. Sometimes things change. In this case, that's exactly what happened.
    So are you guys saying you are taking over the steam versions now?:D
  • revanbhrevanbh Member Posts: 38
    Thanks for the info @Dee and @AndrewFoley

As for contracts? I can relate too. Few words can make a mess or clear everything up.
    Beamdog shouldn't feel assailed by us for asking constantly about the patch. It just means we care about the game enough to be impatient. Nice to see Beamdog trying to take over Steam distribution (I assume that's what they are trying to do?) and clear this cesspool Atari has created.
  • JayKayJayKay Member Posts: 1
    Thanks alot! You have done a good job!
  • silver_gpsilver_gp Member Posts: 21
    Just waiting for the app store on mac to update...
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Well.. could at last have a little glimpse on the new 1.2 )).. to stay positive, i wanted to say i love the new journal too ; i can now perfectly read back all the things from the v2014 (was impossible to read back sometimes!)..everything is apparently fixed and in perfect chronological order.. so a big well done fix, that. :) Another little detail that i noticed, the possibility to add more than the old 12x2 spell limit in the spell books : i could at last add that damn 25th lv3 spell i found at the end of Durlag..in my char spell book (for bg2ee) .. without deleting the previous last one.. nice too. :) For the rest, work in progress .. (ex; weird icons proportions in the inventory -fists, etc^-, i'd say, that i noticed almost immediately too..with full nventories from old 2014 patch end game saves^)..some things that seemed not fixed (at least through old 2014 saves..but not sure for those ones, without doing a full new v12 game maybe..like for the new rasaad pre-kit..only visible with a new 1.2 game^).. but all in all, good feeling too ))

on that, i cross my fingers for bg2ee too now.. and to be able to enjoy it when available (due to personal launcher troubles here^..not sure if the direct torrent trick (directly from beamdog) will work that time..but was great for me for the bgee v1.2 patch at least)) ).. will see)
  • lycanraviolilycanravioli Member Posts: 9
    I also noticed that the screenshots on the Beamdog store page have been updated to the v1.2 screens - very nice :)
  • metalmunkimetalmunki Member Posts: 67
    edited November 2013
    Im guessing you guys have been given the reigns with regard to Steam distribution now? Just noticed that BG2:EE on Steam Store (UK version at least) is saying developer 'beamdog' and doesn't say Atari anywhere near it, or is that just a mistake? If it's the former: Congrats guys.
  • DrakeloreDrakelore Member Posts: 36
    I may have found an error in patch 1.2
    As far as I can see from the Stalker kit, the backstab multiplier should be 2x from lvl 1-8.
    My stalker is lvl 8 and according to the image below I am doing 3x backstab.
  • BhaalSpawndBhaalSpawnd Member Posts: 12
    So I'm not sure if the devs can comment or not, but if Beamdog now has the ability to upload patches for the steam version of BG:EE, will they also be uploading the patches for BG2:EE onto steam? Just trying to figure out if Atari will still be in the patch loop in the future or not...
  • BjornsidesBjornsides Member Posts: 11
    "Cadderly, the mage who appears in Candlekeep, is now dressed in lore-appropriate clothing"

Could you give him a lore appropriate class? Cadderly is a Cleric.
  • AkachiAkachi Member Posts: 38
    He's still a cleric, just has the mage paperdoll (because Cadderly wore robes)
  • RellinRellin Member Posts: 28
    Seriously, still no Steam release? A developer is responsible for choosing their publisher and making sure their customers are taken care of. This is insane.
    edited November 2013
    @Rellin
    From yesterday:
    Dee said:

@Xathos

Phillip Daigle 10h

Cris Quiterio 6h

Phillip Daigle ‏5h
    edited November 2013
    Rellin said:

Seriously, still no Steam release? A developer is responsible for choosing their publisher and making sure their customers are taken care of. This is insane.

You think that had a lot of options? They wanted to remake BG. They had to go to Wizards, and apparently, Atari (I guess due to them being the license holder for game production of D&D products).

Besides, even if it is a big thread, it helps to read through the last few pages to get an idea of any recent updates.
    I'm asking this question again cause there was no answer. Is it possible to combine BG1:EE with BG2:EE like Big World later?. This would be more interesting.
  • theonlypeejtheonlypeej Member Posts: 44
    Wow... just read this on the steam boards for BGEE. Not my words but wow !!

Screw you, Overhaul Games
    Screw you right in your f**king eyesocket. This patch was supposed to be out a crapton of time ago and now that it's out, it's not on Steam. But wait, there's more: you outsourced the Russian localization to some Ukrainian ♥♥♥♥♥s and it was "complete" six months ago and during those six months YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO TEST IT. It was supposed to come out with that patch (that didn't come out on Steam), now only God knows when it's going to be released. And after all that you have the AUDACITY to tell people to buy things on your Beamdog store? If after all that time you cannot make any good out of a HD update of YOUR OWN GAME while having ALL THE SOURCE CODES and HELP FROM THE MOD COMMUNITY, I'm afraid to think how awful your own service might be. Sorry, but next time I'm going to play Baldur's Gate, I'm going to do that from the cheap BG anthology DVD.

Wow... just read this on the steam boards for BGEE. Not my words but wow !!

Screw you, Overhaul Games
    Screw you right in your f**king eyesocket. This patch was supposed to be out a crapton of time ago and now that it's out, it's not on Steam. But wait, there's more: you outsourced the Russian localization to some Ukrainian ♥♥♥♥♥s and it was "complete" six months ago and during those six months YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO TEST IT. It was supposed to come out with that patch (that didn't come out on Steam), now only God knows when it's going to be released. And after all that you have the AUDACITY to tell people to buy things on your Beamdog store? If after all that time you cannot make any good out of a HD update of YOUR OWN GAME while having ALL THE SOURCE CODES and HELP FROM THE MOD COMMUNITY, I'm afraid to think how awful your own service might be. Sorry, but next time I'm going to play Baldur's Gate, I'm going to do that from the cheap BG anthology DVD.

It's a pissed off person from a region that barely generates any revenue for any gaming company (small or large, and aside from anything local). Let them cry in their sleep without seeking answers.

• HixarHixar Member Posts: 7
    That guy needs to get a life and from one D&Der to another that's a pretty big thing to say.
    Hm. This person is actually wrong informed cause It was not possible for beamdog to make this game HD. They couldn't find the old texture files i guess therefore they did just a re-release with much more features, which is actually really cool. And that besides, why HD? i mean HD would make this game worse cause you can't compare Baldurs Gate with games like Final Fantasy 7 etc.
    Folks, let's please not make this thread (or any thread, for that matter) a way to attack other communities or their members.
This discussion has been closed.