Skip to content

When will we see new Patch for Ipad?

Comments

• Archie_DragonArchie_Dragon Member Posts: 29
    I remembering asking the same question last year - "will the patch be here before christmas".
  • solidus0079solidus0079 Member Posts: 60
    Eket said:

Will the patch be released before the app store freeze?

Ah, shit. I forgot about that. :(
    I'm really fighting the urge to say something pessimistic.

• proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Well the game didn't make it to iPad until well into December last year, so there's still hope for a pre Xmas 1.2 and Bg2ee
  • EketEket Member Posts: 69
    edited November 2013
    Not holding my breath ... I am not expecting the patch this year. They should release it without the save import in my opinion, seeing as we don't have bg2:ee yet anyway =/.

Honestly... The moment i still get severe framerate drops, i will uninstall the game anyway. We know jack shit as to how well the renderer rewrite will work on ipad. Basically all i care about is the slowdown issue and to some extend the annoying touch/drag issue.
    It also just occurred to me that the development time has been so long between versions, there's been a handful of improved iPad models released. I wonder if my iPad 2 will still be supported as "ideal" - as it was at launch.
  • PoeserPubePoeserPube Member Posts: 20
    Bite me... I do not want the patched version anymore; I do not want this whole game anymore.. I have enough of this waiting and promises... I have deleted BGEE and will of course ignore BG2EE.
    I can has patch this week?
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    What, so my previous message and the other guy's, expressing that we were unhappy with Beamdog's service are delated? Wow, bravo Beamdog, one more score for you. Keep it classy.

But don't worry. I will express it again. One year ago I used to love Beamdog for what they are doing and I was recommending the product to many people, including those who bought it from GOG. Today I can't say I am thankful for anything to Beamdog; my money for both games will compensate more than enough what they are doing. And I am buying BG2:EE not for the new content's writing (as in the previous game was made for 12 year olders, despite all their core audience are past 30), perhaps for the better UI and the Black Pits, but definitely for the possibility of playing on iPad, more comfortable to handle than a laptop, and more portable. But unlike one year ago, where Beamdog itself said this game was like meant for being played in a tablet, this year they don't notice that, after all the hype of the release of the new patch and BG2:EE, because they need the fans to be hyped to be able to be profitable on their business, iPad release is gonna be delayed compared to the PC and Mac releases. Just don't hype us, just don't use us, we can wait, we are grown ups, but don't play with us so you can use us as a buch of number to show to somebody to proof your product is selling. Of course that wouldn't be the same, the same visits to the website and the forum, if you would have told the truth about the priorities.

I said before, in the message that was delated. I am giving my money to Baldur's Gate, not becoming a Beamdog fan, which means they haven't got me for their fan base towards their future video game original release.
    The lack of any attention to the ipad version is pissing me off. Bought this a fricking year ago and i still can't play it. The first quest in the game is broken to start with let alone all the performance problems. I'm sorry but you just can't do this to paying customers. A free download for the pc client is the least you could do.

This patch is not coming this year. They will never make it before the app store freeze.

My patience is gone. A year is too damn long.
  • AzoAzo Member Posts: 12
    I agree. Checked for the patch almost every day for a year now. I give up. What a freaking waste of money.
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    I have been waiting for a long time also.
    Everything on twitter is looks like they are working on the patch and bgee2. They go hand and hand.
    I bought everything to support Beamdog. Everything good takes time. I check twitter and these forums for new updates from @dee or @trentoster . They have many fans and many os to deal with. Do we dear talk about android?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I have it on the very best authority that the iPad versions are high-priority now that BGII:EE is out on PC and Mac. We're working on it.
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    LiamEsler said:

I have it on the very best authority that the iPad versions are high-priority now that BGII:EE is out on PC and Mac. We're working on it.

Thank you for letting us know. It can be frustrating when the other other systems are getting the patches and the sequel with us getting nothing it seems like. Keep up the hard work!

• PoeserPubePoeserPube Member Posts: 20
    LiamEsler said:

Muhahahahaaaa... high-- hahaha.. priority.. muahahaa... iPad.. muhahahaaaaaaa...
    Despite my criticisms, I will say that I'm glad that Baldur's Gate is alive and well - despite the update speed issues.
    edited November 2013
    I would take into account at least 8 days to get through apple's review period. It's usually around 6, but let's be on the safe side. The app store freeze is around 21 december(based on last year), which means the patch has to be released on 13 december. Will you make that at least, would be nice to play this in my holiday from time to time.

-_-
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    LiamEsler said:

Great news! We still have a few weeks before the freeze, and assuming that it may get rejected once, that sounds like plenty of time.

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    What is this "freeze" you speak of?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    The App Store freezes yearly for the holidays.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Please please get the patch ready, dear developers. This waiting is excruciating. I have the patch on pc version and it is so great I can't play the Ipad version now.
  • garyriley1982garyriley1982 Member Posts: 32
    yeah.... surely the Dev's know Winter is coming....
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Winter is coming... How ominous! Which reminds me, I'll have 2 or 3 GoT inspired characters for Black Pits 2, Syrio Forel and Jaqen come into mind. I'm excited!
    By the time we see a patch summer will be coming
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Here's another tidbit to help you with the wait: by using the native input routines, we are letting the OS tell us what a tap is, a tap and hold, a tap and drag, double tap, etc. The old way, the BGEE code had to take the raw input and interpret those taps and gestures. Turns out that Apple is better at reading and parsing their touch screen than we are :)

This change won't introduce any new functionality, but it has eliminated a few annoying bugs and should make the UI more responsive and less likely to do something unexpected.

Here's one example of a bug fixed by this: Before, if you clicked on the right side of an open container button, the container would open then immediately close. That is because that part of the button is on the same part of the screen as the "Done" button, and so the game would register a tap on the Open button, and then the Done button. Sure, we could have spent some more time working out the correct timing to debounce the tap without making the UI sluggish, but Apple was so kind to do that for us :D
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Cerevant said:

Turns out that Apple is better at reading and parsing their touch screen than we are :)

Oh my, who would have thought?
    edited November 2013
    Good to know most of the more annoying touch related problems will be dealt with. Still doesn't make it ok to make us wait weeks( and im guessing months ), when the pc patch is already available. We paid just as much money, and the patch that supposedly fixes everything, is denied to us. It's a bit like rubbing salt in an open wound. I'm pissed.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    edited November 2013
    @Dee and Beamdog. I think you guys owe us one... I'd call it even if you include sub races... I don't care if Viconia calls "surface dweller" to my drow, that actually is a good insult to a drow who grew up in Candlekeep. For this, we could be friends again :-)
  • ChrisNHChrisNH Member Posts: 22
    I am getting very excited. I recently did my best to find a non-3d full-on RPG on the iPad and failed to find anything with the depth and complexity I am used to on the PC. I am gratified to hear you are giving it the attention I hoped it would get. BG has become my last best hope...
  • famousringofamousringo Member Posts: 28
    ChrisNH said:

I am getting very excited. I recently did my best to find a non-3d full-on RPG on the iPad and failed to find anything with the depth and complexity I am used to on the PC. I am gratified to hear you are giving it the attention I hoped it would get. BG has become my last best hope...

You should check out Spiderweb's Avadon and Avernum games on iPad. They're not much to look at, but they're deeper than most of what passes for RPGs these days.

Also, Shadowrun Returns.
This discussion has been closed.