Skip to content

When will we see new Patch for Ipad?

Comments

• DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232

ChrisNH said:

I am getting very excited. I recently did my best to find a non-3d full-on RPG on the iPad and failed to find anything with the depth and complexity I am used to on the PC. I am gratified to hear you are giving it the attention I hoped it would get. BG has become my last best hope...

You should check out Spiderweb's Avadon and Avernum games on iPad. They're not much to look at, but they're deeper than most of what passes for RPGs these days.

Also, Shadowrun Returns.
    The Avadon/Avernum games are good, though not on par with BG. Worth downloading though.

Shadow run returns disappointed me. It was good but far too linear and short. Was also very easy until the final boss who was brutal.

BG EE 2 will be far better than any if these games, just saying.
  • EketEket Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2013
    Dee said:

Eket said:

Good to know most of the more annoying touch related problems will be dealt with. Still doesn't make it ok to make us wait weeks( and im guessing months ), when the pc patch is already available. We paid just as much money, and the patch that supposedly fixes everything, is denied to us. It's a bit like rubbing salt in an open wound. I'm pissed.

I understand the frustration, but you also have to remember that they're very different platforms that require substantially different testing; and resolutions to problems on one platform won't necessarily work on all others. We're devoting a lot of our development time at the moment to polishing the 1.2 patch for iPad so that when it's released it truly is a worthwhile experience.
    @dee I do understand the difficulties. I just figured we were finally at the end of an extremely long wait and frankly one that shouldn't have been. And we're still not done! The app store will close during the holiday period, giving you only a few more weeks.

I have been faithfully waiting for a year now to get a version of this game, that doesn't have so many problems. I am sorry to say this, but if the 1.2 patch is not released before my christmas holiday. I will not buy bg2:ee or future beamdog products. And believe it or not, that does sadden me ...

I am done waiting ...
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    From Twitter
    TrentOster: Importing save games from BGEE to BG2EE on iPad is supported in the 1.2 patch, which is coming right away.
  • ChrisNHChrisNH Member Posts: 22

Also, Shadowrun Returns.

Shadowrun I also have on my wishlist but won't buy until they change away from check point only saving. I can't see owning a tablet game that doesn't allow a save the moment the dentist calls me in to my appointment..

ChrisNH said:

Also, Shadowrun Returns.

Shadowrun I also have on my wishlist but won't buy until they change away from check point only saving. I can't see owning a tablet game that doesn't allow a save the moment the dentist calls me in to my appointment..

That'll be remedied in the upcoming patch. Although I can't say that it's that big of a deal. It's only problematic when you are multitasking, and the game gets purged from the memory. Otherwise, you just lock the device and carry on later.
    With IOS 7 going 64 bit and the memory footprint of apps getting larger this happens more often.
  • solidus0079solidus0079 Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2013
    ChrisNH said:

Also, Shadowrun Returns.

This^

I don't know what they were thinking. That being said, I recalled hearing it was in the works.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    About time. Nice
  • senzasenza Member Posts: 10
    iKrivetko said:

Yay(?)
    TrentOster: tennyson1842 iPAd patch is in Release Candidate testing right now. If it is good we'll submit to App store.

Heard this a million times before. Its usually precedes the tweet that they found a bug and the patch is delayed.
  • lionwarriorkinglionwarriorking Member Posts: 28
    I just wanna get potion from firebead, its not fair!
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    senza said:

iKrivetko said:

Yay(?)
    TrentOster: tennyson1842 iPAd patch is in Release Candidate testing right now. If it is good we'll submit to App store.

Heard this a million times before. Its usually precedes the tweet that they found a bug and the patch is delayed.
    It's true that this happens. But I much prefer a delay in app submission over a bug that breaks the game.
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    You cast a spell and the whole thing slows to a crawl.. There's not much more to break.
    Nice! Thanks for the update.
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    Elzarath said:

You cast a spell and the whole thing slows to a crawl.. There's not much more to break.

You don't think that there are far worse bugs that can be introduced when recoding the touch input to the game or adding other UI changes? I played the game for 10 hours before putting it aside and waiting for the patch (a looong time ago) and I can think of many worse potential problems than entangle. How about regular game crashing and saved game corruption for starters.
    Only a few more days left before you will most likely not get through before the app store freezes.... The clock is ticking.
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    The approval average right now is 5 days. So December 14th will be the last day to submit before the freeze.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    I am sure they want to sell BG2:EE for IOS for the Christmas market. People won't buy $25 games in January so easily.
    Wasn't BG cheaper on iOS than on computers?

And anyways, I'm not sure if the average wait time applies here, I'm sure there's a big rush to submit updates before the lockdown, and their hands may be fuller than usual.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Yes, but with add-ons should be that price. I think.
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    davemo said:

Elzarath said:

You don't think that there are far worse bugs that can be introduced when recoding the touch input to the game or adding other UI changes? I played the game for 10 hours before putting it aside and waiting for the patch (a looong time ago) and I can think of many worse potential problems than entangle. How about regular game crashing and saved game corruption for starters.
    Well I stand corrected then! Didn't realise it had regular crashing and save game corruption. Probably not a bad idea to fix those issues too

TrentOster: Nothing says happiness like an app "Waiting for Review". All is now in the hands of Apple
  • KenyonKenyon Member Posts: 142
    iKrivetko said:

TrentOster: Nothing says happiness like an app "Waiting for Review". All is now in the hands of Apple

New tweet: "The submission was for BGII:EE. It was submitted an hour ago."

BGII:EE is what makes them money so it has priority. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for an iPad version of Baldur's Gate where I can return a scroll to Tethoril.
    Oh, for fuck's sake...
  • TeischusTeischus Member Posts: 28
    They are so dumb, but thats what everybody was thinkin about, theyll submit a buggy version of bgee2 and not the f* patch for bgee1 that they promised us a year ago, beamdog is really a great company..not!
  • BeridelBeridel Member Posts: 35
    Kenyon said:

iKrivetko said:

New tweet: "The submission was for BGII:EE. It was submitted an hour ago."

BGII:EE is what makes them money so it has priority. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for an iPad version of Baldur's Gate where I can return a scroll to Tethoril.
    I really hope that isn't the case and that they also submitted the 1.2 BG:EE patch at the same time. @Dee could we please get a confirmation of that?

If not, I agree: that's definitely a kick in the balls from Beamdog...
  • scanlinescanline Member Posts: 46
    This was from the 5th of Dec. @TrentOster: @wolfbane We are testing a Release Candidate for the BG:EE 1.2 Patch. If it passes, it will be submitted to Apple. BGII to follow.

I hope he kept his word on this.
    I remember reading that bg2:ee uses 1.2 as a base. Whatever issues they had with the touch interface would therefore also be a problem with bg2. I would like to believe that this means that the 1.2 patch has also been submitted.

Then again ...
    I think if that was the case he would have said so.

Yes, but with add-ons should be that price. I think.

Oh yeah. That's true.

This discussion has been closed.