Skip to content

When will we see new Patch for Ipad?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I still uncaring 'bout the patch, it will ruin my mods, my work in the game and all the saves, also I dislike the new UI :P
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    CrevsDaak said:

I still uncaring 'bout the patch, it will ruin my mods, my work in the game and all the saves, also I dislike the new UI :P

What mods are you running on the iPad?
  • solidus0079solidus0079 Member Posts: 60
    From Trent on Twitter earlier today: "Yesterday we found a critical save game bug. #BGEE and #BG2EE iPad have been fixed and resubmitted. This re-starts the Approval process"

In other news, apparently I just earned the first anniversary badge for being here a year... I think i registered to ask about a bug that's (from what I've read elsewhere) still not fixed. Kind of a downer. But at least they're in the submission/resubmission cycle. At least it's "not long" now.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Dee said:

I understand people's frustration with having to wait, but I'm going to ask for a little bit less vitriol in this thread. It's not helping the patch or BGII:EE to be released any faster.

Again, I know that patience is wearing thin. But try to rein in the hate.

Thank god somebody said it. I was starting to think this thread should be retitled to First World Problems. In any case, I'm looking forward to the fruits of the devs' labors!
    Disclaimer: I have the luxury of playing the PC version while I wait, and though I think the complaints have gotten out of hand, I can certainly appreciate that some of my fellow consumers are solely playing on their iPads. Still and all, the bottom line is, as @Dee said, vitriol is not a way to speed up this, (or, if you want my input, ANY), process. Thanks be to Beamdog for being thorough, rather than in a rush. Just my two cents.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    When is the store freeze again? I have a feeling 1.2 and BG2:EE won't make it before the freeze. :-/ it's been almost 10 days since Ossian Studios submitted Shadow Sun, still nothing. Don't we have contact from the inside to speed things up for BG? Hehe
  • EketEket Member Posts: 69
    Too bad they weren't as thorough when the iPad version was first released. We wouldn't have had to wait. As I've said before, if the patch doesn't get here before the app store freezes, i'm done. I will delete the game and not buy part 2. I have waited long enough.

The game has been taunting me for over a year now to finish it. Three week holiday is coming. I'm ready to go.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    I'm sorry, but we are costumers and not to blame for anything. Not that it matters, but being easy to wait when you can play in PC, me and many others keep the computer for work (even computers, in plural), and the iPad or consoles for entertainment, for playing this game. I couldn't play any game in my iMac in my office in front of my dutyfull co-workers.

About zero hate i agree. But this is not hate, is frustration; and the demand of a better costumer care: lack of updated information, lies (I don't remember this, but some people say, and I think has to do with the shady misunderstood about the iPad patch being released with the computer ones), and unfair priorities.

Being said that, I appreciate that a small company decided to bring a Enhanced Edition to us, an ipad version, and with new content and a very fortunate mini game. No other company tried to buy the rights of Baldur's Gate and do this.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Expressing frustration is totally fine, and understandable. My earlier comment was in response to some of the more emotionally charged posts that I saw. Nobody's in trouble, I just would rather keep things constructive here.
    You are right, and I appreciate you envolve in this conversation.
    Have they actually officially stated how long the App Store freeze will be? It seems like there's some uncertainty. Maybe only a few hours? (I wasn't paying attention that hard last year) http://venturebeat.com/2013/12/11/apples-app-store-freeze-is-finally-irrelevant/
  • senzasenza Member Posts: 10

Have they actually officially stated how long the App Store freeze will be? It seems like there's some uncertainty. Maybe only a few hours? (I wasn't paying attention that hard last year) http://venturebeat.com/2013/12/11/apples-app-store-freeze-is-finally-irrelevant/

The answer to your question was, ironically, in the article you posted -

"Finally, don’t confuse the iTunes Connect shutdown with the App Store freeze. The Connect shutdown only impacts developers, not users, as you won’t be able to submit updates or make changes to your app description and details during the shutdown, which runs from Dec. 21 to Dec. 27 this year. That makes no difference to how the Top Charts behave."
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934

I'm sorry, but we are costumers

I'm afraid I'm not.
  • UberpeshUberpesh Member Posts: 2
    Question for @Dee: Do you know if the patch will update the icon graphics for the App Store? This way we easily identify it when it is updated on a search. I uninstalled it a while back and am just waiting for the patch before I pick it up again.

Please relay to the programming and administrative staff, great job so far and can't wait for the update.

I know its a matter of days, if not hours, iTunes received a new batch of new games this morning, so there should be another update soon :-)
  • UberpeshUberpesh Member Posts: 2
    Just an FYI, the Baldur's Gate APP icon in the ios app store has been updated - I guess there's (there will) be an update shortly :-)
  • robbleleerobblelee Member Posts: 2
    It's now on app store!great news to everyone
  • ChrisNHChrisNH Member Posts: 22
    It shows 1.2 on the app store web site and itunes but not on my ipad app store.

• SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    Update is out!!!!
  • whamermanwhamerman Member Posts: 10
    Great News. I wouldn't be shocked if BG2 shows up next Thursday as an editor's choice.
  • ChrisNHChrisNH Member Posts: 22
    App store updated.. downloading... life is good.
  • MoonbloodMoonblood Member Posts: 26
    Downloading Update right now. It was a long wait... now enjoy
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Yay!
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Downloading now! Just started a new run yesterday, but think I'll scrap it and start over from scratch and get that damn identify scroll.
    I just came.
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146

I just came.

My wife asked me did you just have a nerd orgasm?

My reply

Yes I did.
  • robbleleerobblelee Member Posts: 2
    not every language supported! even these are in win/mac version... HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Awesome! All that's left is an override dialog.tlk.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Quick first impressions

The good:
    The new main menu is much more appealing
    The renderer seems to be working marvellously, well done here
    Tap/drag is much better at first glance

The bad:
    I still have to watch the bloody intro film every time. Seriously, how can hard can it be to understand that the intro is only needed in a new game, NOT EVERY TIME I CHOOSE THE CAMPAIGN?:\
    Scrolling lists with active items is still a pain in the arse (see scripts, for example).
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Weird. I started a new game and was able to skip the intro movie. Only played a little but it seems pretty great so far.
This discussion has been closed.