Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II R.P. Group (Searching for Party.)

Magical_TrevorMagical_Trevor Member Posts: 57
edited November 2013 in Multiplayer
Hello all! I've been looking forward to playing this, so I have to ask...

Anyone want to make an RP group? (Actual RPing not required. Just more fun.)

Central Time Zone ( -6 ). Most weeks I'm free all day Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Sunday Afternoons and evenings, Tuesdays after 7PM, and Fridays after 2PM. (Thursdays won't work for a couple weeks, due to a night class, but after it ends I may update with when I'll be available that day.)

I don't know of any mods, so for now I'm going to say none, but if enough people want one, or two or whatever, then we can add them later.

I have both a Cleric/Ranger as well as a Kensai who will be D/Cing into Thief, so I can use either character, depending on what others want to play as. If only one or two people are interested, then I'll likely use both.

Questions, comments, concerns? Comment away!

After all, I have to gather a party before venturing forth...

Darned logic. Y u no let me sally forth anyway?! GO FOR THE EYES, BOO! GO FOR THE EYES!

p.s. Any fandom-related character welcomed, short of Twilight. Brony, Trekkie, Whovian, whatever. Don't be afraid to be vocal so long as you don't mind the rest of us being fairly vocal too. Tolerate, people!

Comments

• Magical_TrevorMagical_Trevor Member Posts: 57
    Okay, stupid question. Is there a way to delete this thread, since no one is obviously interested?
  • Ksng87Ksng87 Member Posts: 10
    I am interested :P
    @Ksng87 Oh. Well, hi. Sorry, I don't come on here often. I did for the few days after the initial post, but then when no one came... Yeah.

Well, Time to start asking the stupid questions, then! What time zone do you live in, when are you free to play, and what type of character do you like to play as?
  • RokarusRokarus Member Posts: 21
    I'm interested. Live in CST, free mostly Saturday evenings, possibly Tuesday and Friday afternoons.
  • StuckinMudStuckinMud Member Posts: 45
    Central Time Zone ( -6 ). Most weeks I'm free all day Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Sunday Afternoons and evenings, Tuesdays after 7PM, and Fridays after 2PM. I can stick with those times and days. I'm interested.
    @Rokarus and @StuckinMud

Well, it seems like Friday afternoon/evening and Saturdays are going to be our best bets. I have several characters, so I'll wait to choose mine once we've talked about what you guys would prefer to play.
    I really like shadowmancer. His hide in shadows even in plain sight let me make him into a backstabbing tank!
    @Magical_Trevor

Friday afternoon/evening and Saturdays sounds good to me, as for characters/class i'm flexible but i'd rather be Ye Olde Tank.
    edited December 2013
    @Rokarus and @StuckinMud Well, sounds like you're both going to be somewhat tanky. XD

Well, Rokarus is already going to be a thief, so unless he has no points in finding traps or picking locks, I don't need to play my Kensai Thief... That just leaves my Ranger/Cleric half-elf and my Paladin. (Ye Olde Tank is a little vague, as that could be fighter, paladin, ranger, or berserker. Can you clarify?)

Also, we need to decide who will host the game, what the name and password will be, and finally, if we're taking any items with us, or if we're all starting in the prison, so no one gets any items. (Or if there's an x item limit, like one item, or one weapon, or five items, etc.)

I don't mind 'breaking' the game by importing my character that has boots of speed, Balduran's cape/cloak (whichever it is), plus this and that, but if you want to have nothing I'm fine with that too. The only other thing is that all of my characters already have a bit over 1 million exp. (So my Cleric/Ranger is already something like 11/12 or something, and my Paladin is level... 13, I think?)

So yeah... If I need to use a mod to lower their exp, lemme know. (Sorry if this seems like a lot, but I want to make sure we're all on the same page, so that there's no bickering of "I thought you meant-" "What I meant to say was-" etc. I want us to have fun, so... Yeah.

EDIT: Derp derp. Forgot to mention, alignment knowledge for your characters would be nice as well. I tend to play Chaotic Good (Except for my Paladin, who 'has' to be Lawful good), so if either, or both, of you want to play evil characters, I'll need to know so we can try to figure who would be the 'leader of the party (not nes. the host of the game.).

Also, if either of you want to play with mods, the others of us need to know so we can have the same mods, so it won't give us trouble with cross-compatibility and stuff. (I'm personally messing around with the Saerileth mod, because I had a few friends say I had to try it because it's fairly messed up. XD I'm looking forward to seeing just how right or wrong they are.)
    Post edited by Magical_Trevor on
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Sounds like you need a mage. I can bring mah wild mage if you don't mind a bit of Nahal's spamming surging and reloading. Otherwise I could whip up a sorcerer or something real quick. I live at -6 and could play most days in the afternoon to evening. I would much prefer being a good guy (probably NG for pseudodragon). I should point out though that shadowdancers have barely enough points to put in their essential stealth skills so bringing a backup thief is probably a good idea. How stable is the Beamdog matchmaker thing for BG2? If it gives us trouble I could always host via direct IP since I have ports forwarded. Let me know what you think.

Ohh... Right. I will have to look into getting a copy of BG2 that is for not beta testers.
    @Tresset Thanks for pointing that out! Guess I get to be the wild card, then, depending on what everyone else is.

From what I can tell, it's DECENTLY stable, though from what I understand, the more people you have the more it's likely to have trouble, so a direct IP would probably be nice.
    @Magical_Trevor

I was thinking Pure Fighter (Sword and Board) or Beserker (Two Weapon).
    @Magical_Trevor

Lawful Evil
  • Ksng87Ksng87 Member Posts: 10
    I'm game for whatever My time zone is California/PST. I can generally play weekends (2-3 hours), weekdays I can fit in 1 hour or so tops.
    So let me know when you guys are close to being ready because I may need to buy a copy rather than wait for my free one, depending on how fast they get them out to us.
  • Excuse me but what does the -6 means? forgive me for being stupid XD
  • LathraelLathrael Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2013
    I would like to join as a jester but it's gmt +2 for me :/

Excuse me but what does the -6 means? forgive me for being stupid XD

Central time is for GMT-6 or -5 (for some occasions, i don't remember well) for US. And GMT is Greenwich mean time, for prime meridian.
  • ah thank you
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    I am interested but i am GMT+8 what time would your game be during my time?
    Ok I am now 100% ready to begin once you guys are. Just got my copy of BG2. Let me know when you are ready.
    So when are we playing?
    @Stuckinmud , @Ksng87 , @Tresset, @Rokarus :
    Sorry for taking so long to reply, guys. After no replies within a couple days, I kinda forgot to keep checking back in. That, and finals took up pretty much all of my time. (Frickin college...)

ANYWAY, it sounds like Friday Night, Saturday, and/or Sunday are our best days. If we want to let @Lathrael play, we'd need to start by... I'd say 10 or 11 AM, so that it would only be 6 or 7 PM there, giving us at least a few hours to play, while also giving time for breaks, food, restroom, etc. If no one had anything going on Saturday at all, then we could probably start fairly late on a Friday night, and just play through, as it would be 7AM in Europe when it would be 11PM here, though really I'm leaning towards starting in the morning here, leaving it to be evening over there.

As far as @Ryofu is concerned... If we started at 10 or 11 AM, that would leave it at midnight your time, I believe. If that's the case, you'd probably have to be willing to stay up really late to play with us, or, if @Lathrael decides to not join, or our times don't work, then any day we start playing in the evening it would be morning for you, so... Really, it depends on when everyone else wants to play. We have a total of seven people now, but thanks to the time zone differences, it looks like that won't be a problem, as for all seven of us to be playing would require some wonky play times. XD

Also, @yackemflamburger , if you're still interested, let us know your time zone too, if you would? Maybe we can figure out like a round-robin for games where people trade in and out based on time zones, or maybe we'll end up spliting into two groups. We'll figure that out later.

Again, sorry for taking so long to reply, everyone. If any of you know MLP:FiM, I'm pretty much Pinkie Pie, and hardly Twilight, so... Yeah. Organization skills not the best. ^^;;

Oh, stupid question: does everyone have Skype? That would probably be the best way to catch me, as I'm virtually always on, and then I can make it a group chat. (It would stay IM until games, where we'd likely switch to voice chat.) My username is darethwinterstone.
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    hmm i am fine playing at midnight my time for a few hrs :) don't sleep till 3am on the weekends anyway lol
    @Ryofu Well, then we're almost guaranteed a full party, then, depending on what others say. IF, and I mean IF Lathrael decides not to join, then we would likely switch to a later time, starting in the afternoon or evening, which would make it morning for you. (Unless you prefer just staying up late. Again, we'll figure out specific times as we organize better.)
    Saturday is the one day that is bad for me actually. I have church from 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm on Saturdays (I work there so it takes extra long). I also have trouble waking up and I usually wake up at like noon every day... but efforts could be made to wake up earlier. I am also kind of an introvert so I don't have a Skype (at least not yet). (come to think of it I don't really have a mic or camera for this computer either... I could use another one though...)

Anyway, aside from that everything sounds good to me. Will I be hosting?

I think I will just go with my wild mage, unless you guys want to wait for me to decide my spell choices for like 15 minutes every time I level up my sorcerer.
  • CommanderRpgCommanderRpg Member Posts: 521
    I'm interested, if there's still enough space.
    @CommanderRpg There may or may not be. Feel free to add me on Skype, and I'll add you to the group chat, and we'll discuss everything once everyone is there. Might be that one or two people can't join due to specific time constraints, etc, so... Yeah! Look in my previous comment at the end for my username.
  • LathraelLathrael Member Posts: 69
    @Magical_Trevor Modem at the home stopped working... I'm trying to fix what is wrong but it may take time :/ You might want to find a replacement :P
  • AerieavarielAerieavariel Member Posts: 6
    Flexible player looking for party! Like to play Druid, Thief, Cleric, Bard or Mage, but can be more flexible!
  • PairdicePairdice Member Posts: 15
    If you have any open spots left, I would like to join.