Skip to content

dorn quest... *BGII:EE SPOILERS*

Comments

• etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    sigh.. now I am almost 100% sure I somehow broke Dorns questline. he is lv 14. its been atleast 40 days since i finished the wedding.

can someone please tell me if I have to go somewere to start the 2'nd quest.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I was in Windspear Hills when it started.

I was in Windspear Hills when it started.

dang no luck. 100% explore ;/
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    edited November 2013
    The quest line triggered for me when I was in Chapter 3 - after I infiltrated the Vampire Guild. (After fighting Bodhi).
    Don't know if that will help.

The quest line triggered for me when I was in Chapter 3 - after I infiltrated the Vampire Guild. (After fighting Bodhi).
    Don't know if that will help.

So im guessing its a random encounter.

Dang i broke Dorn... and not in a perverted way
    I'd like to report a little bug regarding the outcome of this quest, its fairly minor and likely on oversight, but:

When Dorn becomes a Fallen Blackguard his class title is changed to 'Fallen Blackguard', whereas it should technically be 'fallen blackguard' since class titles are written using lower-case letters. If you flick between Dorn and other party members it will become fairly apparently. :)
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @etagloc Can you shoot me your zipped savegame? liam.esler@gmail.com
  • BTpatBTpat Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2013
    @Eudaemonium Ehm i dont know how the rod should help got it but it doesnt do anything in my game, no matter where i cast it :( any further help possible? The sirene died aswell, i dont know why and i cant load any game before i did it, she just attacked me

nvm apologies just found him :)
    @BTPat:

You aim the glitter dust wand at where the demon is taunting you from. You should see his text pop up on the screen: aim it there. Also, if the Nereid didn't give you her stone you'll need to get it yourself from behind the waterfall.
  • Archon79Archon79 Member Posts: 9
    I ressurected the druid, then he died...then nothing happened? Help?
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    You have to reload... Dorn is supposed to move to the center, but if you give him an order right before that, the cutscene won't trigger
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Jalily said:

zupsky said:

Dorn looses his blackguard abilities, but sword that you get during that quest gets better for killing Ur-Gothoz and Azothet.

I got the full-power version. What does it lose with only a single soul in it?
    Ur-Gothoz adds +5 damage vs. devils, and Azothet adds +5 damage vs. demons.
    Which, for those of you watching at home, makes him invaluable during Watcher's Keep... :)
  • menelausmenelaus Member Posts: 5
    Ok i got Dryad sumoning gem and fairy dragon gave me his after few punches. After that i used wand of gliterdust on mumbling place and finally saw a demon (detect invisible doest work). Few kicks and he start dialog, I choosed "i dont care, u die" option. Demon died and droped a 3rd gem. (And i saved my QS and prebatle save thinking of big guys should be next). Now i wonder around having 3 gems and nothing to click with it =( I even punched druid on a floor for ~5 min for a total 2000 dmg but he still there with his stupid comments. Im glad i have backup saves thou, jsut tell me what to press to pass this stage please.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129

either summon a creature or resurrect the druid
  • NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2013
    You go into the tree and Dorn asks you who to sacrifice. After the dialog if you want to ressurect the druid, let your cleric cast it on him then move quickly dorn to the mid. If you wait to long the chat wont trigger.
    The same applies to "summoning" a creature.

Iam looking into your savegame. A moment please.
  • NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2013
    @menelaus The game didnt recognize that you optained all 3 stones or killed the demon (journal says you still have to find the demon), thats why the dialog in the tree wont start.

I suggest you load an older savegame and get all 3 stones again then go the first time into the tree. prepare a mage monster summon spell or raide dead spell with viconia.

Somehow your stats of hexxat and viconia are messed up. Did you manually buff them?
  • menelausmenelaus Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    yes i raised hexxat stats so i dont have to unequip the cloak of dragomir in dungeons, threw viconia some con and that not the complete list of "fixes" :D thou that was only str-con stats, gold and weapons prof

Will try and replay this part and report the results. Can the problem be that i flash-to-stoned the demon after dialog with demon?

Yep. it was Flesh to stone. i didnt get sword in my playthru. no I looted blade and got quest update.
    Post edited by menelaus on
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited November 2013
    So, lemme seize the opportunity and ask, By bound both demons in the sword i have been left with no patron so he became a fallen blackguard.

Ok, he loose the life drain and the aura of despair hability, he loose also his capacity to cast spells, he loose too his poison weapon ability (while i don't understand why as it's not something magical).

However he is still a blackguard, which mean he can't go past specialization with those weapons... so i have the worst of both sides? Can't at least Dorn become a Fighter or barbarian (don't need even be a fighter kit)?

"Loosing his patron Dorn start to rely more on his own powers and perseverance, embracing more his origins..."

That would make this situation more tolerable, and less propense to become a pool for changes with Shadow Keeper.

Any chance of this happen @LiamEsler?
  • bonaireson89bonaireson89 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Hey ive read all of the "use the wand" and "maybe there is something you aren't seeing wink* wink*" and ive used the wand and true sight on just about every inch of the entire gorge as well as inside the ritual area and i am still unable to find the third stone. Not totally sure if Im just missing something or my game is glitching.

could someone Please help me?

nvm i got it.. ;)
    Post edited by bonaireson89 on
    @kamuizin Prooobably not. The loss of power is very much the point :)

@bonesairson89 Walk around the Gorge until you see some floating text. Use the Wand or one of the potions there.
  • Edwin_OdesseironEdwin_Odesseiron Member Posts: 226
    Playing in an evil party (as you likely would be if you have Dorn), I actually do not see why you would want him to be free. That is very much a "good" thing to do, granting him independence at the cost of power. Once you kill Ur-Gothoz, Dorn says it's odd that his Blackguard powers remain to him. That is a HUGE tell-tale sign screaming "If you free this guy, he'll become a gimp warrior." And so, of course, I did not. There is no sword worthy enough to make up for what he loses, for what he would become.

So now he's bound to Azoteth. Does she send him on further quests, or is this the end of his questline?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

Playing in an evil party (as you likely would be if you have Dorn), I actually do not see why you would want him to be free. That is very much a "good" thing to do, granting him independence at the cost of power.

Not necessarily. Evil characters can still prioritize Dorn's loyalty over his power; remember, Ur-Gothoz doesn't like you, and you don't know whether Azothet can be trusted. As long as Dorn serves someone other than you, he's a wild card.
    edited November 2013
    The most funny part is that i dominated and trapped both demons into a sword in dorn's hand, so why would he lose his powers if he in fact dominated 2 greater demons (Dorn even says that he "take all Ur-Gothoz powers when he entrap the demon).

Still, @LiamEsler already voiced the intent of the devs. A shame i don't have a chance to enter the service of Demogorgon (with Dorn or main char from what i see) anyway. Now i'm waiting for an mod to counter this with an high expectative.

Just to know, there is an Blackguard stronghold already? Cos become a hero for the Radiant Heart by killing Friirkgaark seems a bit, too right for me and my future blackguard, he's more propense to do wrongs than rights :)!
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Does anyone know, how dorn's ToB quest is affected by his betrayal?
    @kamuizin Longer explanation:

Dorn didn't actually "dominate" the demons; he is nowhere near powerful enough to control demonic entities, particularly of the calibre of Azothet/Ur-Gothoz. He used the enormous power located within Resurrection Gorge and the tree, as well as powerful artifacts, in order to trap Azothet/Ur-Gothoz -- but he does not have control over them or their powers. And because they are trapped, they can no longer influence others or the outside world -- thus, Dorn can no longer receive power from them.

A blackguard's powers come directly from a powerful entity. That's what makes a blackguard a blackguard: they made "a deal with the devil", so to speak, in exchange for power. As soon as that entity no longer exists or is trapped, they lose the power that was previously granted to them by the entity.

In terms of Demogorgon specifically, there's nothing Dorn could offer Demogorgon in exchange for power.

In terms of Dorn and the possibility of getting another patron, Dorn has just gone to great lengths to rid himself of a patron, and free himself from the shackles of enslavement. He's not about to get new shackles. He does not realise initially that by following Azothet's orders, he is just changing one kind of enslavement for another. He DOES realise this during the ritual, and says as much, which is why he speaks to you about it.

If he kills Ur-Gothoz and Azothet, it's because he wants to be a free man, and accepts that means being less powerful. That is the point of his quest. :)
    It's the view of whom made the character, i can ask nothing more than that. While Dorn is an card out of the deck for new patrons, is blackguard main char also out of the deck for a patron?

Would be nice to change patrons often with main char, that would give an dinamic approach for entities interested in the children of bhaal, also an blackguard children of bhaal can be of some interest for demogorgon, Specially being at a high level in ToB and with high chances of become the new lord of murderer and a really strong ally in the abyss.

Obs: Any info about blackguard stronghold?
    I believe they use the Fighter one.
    edited November 2013
    @kamuizin I think we decided to let the player imagine their own patron, rather than add it in arbitrarily, so I can't see that happening as-is.

The blackguard gets the fighter stronghold, if they want it. :)
    Open for mods then, it can lead to new nice contents from the community which is good.

About Dorn banters that lead in violence they gave me an insigh for another character. Korgan has pretty much an equal banter as dorn, one that lead to him fighting the main char, unfortunally he doesn't stop the fight at low life as Dorn do (Dorn smarter than Korgan?).

Can a fix banter be added to Korgan fights so he stop the fight and rejoin the party at low life (which will be a lot harder to do than dorn's fights). I'm a bit frustrated of being a pussy everytime with Korgan to avoid losing the NPC forever.
    Korgan has higher Int than Dorn, but Dorn is a lot *wiser*. Like… 8 points wiser or something. He knows when to call it a day.