Skip to content

dorn quest... *BGII:EE SPOILERS*

Comments

• mahkmahk Member Posts: 20
    I was kind of hoping that I could be Dorn's patron...maybe in Throne of Bhaal....hell we have the option to save Sarevok....would rather power Dorn's Rage.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Ok, tomorrow I'll take my choice about Dorn.
    I just want to be sure I understood correctly.
    1) Dorn is free. It looks like the correct roleplaying choice. He want to be free more than power (or at least that's what I believe).
    2) Dorn choose a different patron. This looks like the most power play option (he still has his power and he will be able to wield the unholy reaver).

Am I wrong?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    The most power-play option is actually to stick with his current patron, to my best knowledge, since you get a very nice mask/helm.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Pibaro said:

Ok, tomorrow I'll take my choice about Dorn.
    I just want to be sure I understood correctly.
    1) Dorn is free. It looks like the correct roleplaying choice. He want to be free more than power (or at least that's what I believe).
    2) Dorn choose a different patron. This looks like the most power play option (he still has his power and he will be able to wield the unholy reaver).

Am I wrong?

It's incredible frustrating free dorn, just saying.
  • 0hope0hope Member Posts: 3
    My god finally finished dorn quest line and must say that it was one bumpy ride but luckily i found this thread which eased my life.
    Now what annoyed me most that you never knew if you just bugged something or if its working as intended and by that i don't just mean on this content blocking from first 2 quest ...

This could kinda be considered as spoilers but last fight with demons was just meh and meh,
    now what happen to me was that if you summon some creature inside that circle it breaks quest and dorn dialogue never triggers and if you walk with wrong character inside and then cancel it 2nd dialogue never triggers as well...

Over all final choice felt bit like letdown if there was any choice in his quest line as it seemed to me that what ever you choose or do quest ends up the same well only alternative was to provoke dorn and then he attacks you...
  • DarkYotaDarkYota Member Posts: 5
    ok, I spent HOURS searching for Xachrimos (the hidden tanar'ri), I can listen his screams but he never spoke and I never saw any text about it, so I have no idea where to shot with the wand of glittering… dorn is at lvl 14 and i already have the other two crystals… please give me a help! :(((
    I play in a Mac version of the game… anyone know about a bug regarding this question?
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    try in front of the entrance to the tree
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    DarkYota said:

ok, I spent HOURS searching for Xachrimos (the hidden tanar'ri), I can listen his screams but he never spoke and I never saw any text about it, so I have no idea where to shot with the wand of glittering… dorn is at lvl 14 and i already have the other two crystals… please give me a help! :(((

He's invisible, and for some reason in my games, true sight didn't revealed him. There's a gliterdust wand in this same room however that will work. Just wait for him to spread a banter and aim the wand at that point.

Another bug is that if he start become hostile before banters (and sometimes this happen naturally just by revealing him with the wand) he will be unkilable. You NEED speak with him before any agressive reaction (if you're going to have one) to have a chance of kill him.
    the fact is that i waited A LOT immobile, hoping to see the text of his voice appearing somewhere, but he never did... I'm so frustrated, I'll try again this evening, closer to the entrance of the tree, but I'm almost sure that there is a bug on the Mac version of the game.........
    True sight is not working at all and I can't shot with the wand in totally blindness all around the area's map... I saw some videos on youtube regarding this part and I tryed to do the same, shooting with the wand in the same locations that in the videos seems the tanar'ri is hiding.... but no results, of course.
  • If you have a thief with decent Detect Illusions, their Find Traps will also reveal the demon if he is in range.
    ok, I tryed EVERYTHING an no, the tanar'ri never appearing in any way.
    He never spoke since the first minute that my feet entered in the Resurrection Gore and i tryed true sight, the wand (shooting in every inch / cm of the map), detect invisible, detect illusions... NOTHING.
    I'm seriously thinking that I have a bug, even if I tryed my savegame on Pc and a Mac version of the game... I post my savegame here, hoping that some of you can help me... :(
    Please... my last save before entering in this damned mission is 30 days far from now!!! :(((
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    Definitely sounds bugged. In my game, the potions did not work no matter how much I tried but the wand of Glitterdust did. Walked over the the last place I saw the text and sprayed it. That was in the SW corner of the map, by the way.

If he never speaks or you can't hear his footsteps, I think you might be in trouble :(

The most power-play option is actually to stick with his current patron, to my best knowledge, since you get a very nice mask/helm.

True. Visage is a very good helm.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @DarkYota Here you go. Wait a few seconds and you should see his speech text.
    great! now it works!!! Was it a bug or did I forgot to do something?
    Bug. He's supposed to start wandering invisibly while saying stuff as soon as you enter the gorge.
  • gabrielac00gabrielac00 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    I need help too :/ I've just defeated the demon, but i chose not to kill it and then it didn't give me the third stone, but disappear. Can anyone say the console code for the creature or for the specific item? I can't reload the game, thus i'm simply stuck in that damn gorge. TY
    Post edited by gabrielac00 on
    C:CreateItem("ohdsums3")
    edited January 2014
    Thanks! another problem: quest is not triggering. I got the three stones and nothing happens after I enter the Great Tree. Any tips?
    edited January 2014
    I've just found out what happened. It seems that if you spare demon's life you simply lose the whole quest. After I spared its life, it kills Yarrow and leaves the gorge forever. Yarrow drops her accorn for your party to leave the place too. So the question is: what now? how can i still do this quest?.

**If there's no way back, how can I delete the "dorn's bloody path" from my journal?
  • TaearTaear Member Posts: 90
    Outside of bugs with the quest I think the narrative of it is a bit broken too. When you appear in the gorge (or when I did, anyway) you're next to the Naiad. You talk to her and you can ask her where the summoning stone is, which she'll get for you if you're nice.

That's fine - but you're almost definitely going to do this before you go to the great tree so I really had no idea what she was going on about. Why can I ask her about the stones before I even know what they are?
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Seems kind of strange to me - why wouldn't even stronger Patrons be interested in Dorn? I mean, he is a high level Blackguard, and is a companion to a Bhaalspawn!

I want a Demon Lord for his Patron! I kind of like Pazuzu...
  • Hans_GruberHans_Gruber Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2014
    So... After the Dorn questline, i went to sleep, Xachrimos appeared, sayin' demons are not to be trusted, attacked me, i've killed him for 8500XP and nothing happened. Funny (and strange) thing about is, it happened in Copper Coronet. Is that normal? Did i somehow broke the game, or what?
    Post edited by Hans_Gruber on

So... After the Dorn questline, i went to sleep, Xachrimos appeared, sayin' demons are not to be trusted, attacked me, i've killed him for 8500XP and nothing happened. Funny (and strange) thing about is, it happened in Copper Coronet. Is that normal? Did i somehow broke the game, or what?

This is only if you let him go away, rather than killing him there and then. If you let him leave, then rest, he comes back and attacks you again from full health.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Keeping UnGoroth gives a nice helmet... But he has been such an ass from the beginning! Good riddance.

Why was that option given an extra item? Why reward keeping the old master?
    Taer: And the quest is not complete, right? What happened, if i'd kill him in the first place? Am i missing something?

Taer: And the quest is not complete, right? What happened, if i'd kill him in the first place? Am i missing something?

It's no different. As long as you did the stuff in the summoning circle with the two masters, you did the quest.

Thanks for answers :)
  • beuubeuu Member Posts: 2
    I dont know if Im supposed to write it here or not, but I have a slight problem with the bloody path quest, I did not kill the demon creature (Tonari? forgot the name) then he gave me the sword and stone, I went and ressurrected the druid and summoned Azoteth and killed her, the came clean with Ur-Gothoz and he gave me the mask and the new sword, but when I'm leaving the gorge the druid woman shows up and says that I made a deal with the demon and whatnot, the demon shows up and kilss her and leaves, but the quest said anything beyond that. never finished, never changed anything... and I saved with QS...
  • beuubeuu Member Posts: 2

I've just found out what happened. It seems that if you spare demon's life you simply lose the whole quest. After I spared its life, it kills Yarrow and leaves the gorge forever. Yarrow drops her accorn for your party to leave the place too. So the question is: what now? how can i still do this quest?.

**If there's no way back, how can I delete the "dorn's bloody path" from my journal?

same problem...